Bob Probert died.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Bob Probert died.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=326672

Live fast, die young.

R.I.P. Bob.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bob Probert died.

Wow.  I figured too fast to live too mean to die.  RIP one of the last true heavyweights capable of 30 goals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

I'm not really interested in other players other than the bruins but this guy was one of the best fighters ever and he wasn't a showboat he just went out and got the job done and make no mistake about it he could pop the biscuit in the basket as well very sad guy though. Gone but certainly not forgotten! Shocker!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I had a Redwings Probie jersey growing up and wore his number through my hockey life.  It is my favorite number and he is the reason why.  Truly a legend when it comes to pure heavyweights.  He made the all-star game.  Unfortunately he also battled drugs and alcohol. 

I am pretty sad about this. 

R.I.P. Probie.

Give Blood- Fight Probie...still have that t-shirt in my man cave.  God Bless

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

RIP Bob Probert . . . . definitely one of the all-time heavyweights.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

In Response to Re: Bob Probert died.:
    RIP Bob Probert . . . . definitely one of the all-time heavyweights.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

No doubt.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bob had to play hard and he lived a hard personal life to fit the mold.  Bless his family as they mourn his life.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I loved hating that guy. One tough SoB.
    Condolences to his family.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Wow, too bad. He was still a young man. This is sad. I remember watching a Wings game once and Probert dropped the gloves and mashed some guy about three seconds after the opening puck drop. This guy was tough, no doubt about it.

RIP Bobby.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I'll be the first one, he was a s c umb ag and the planet is better off without him. I still remember the Quintal brawl. 
    Posted by KJBruinswin

KJBruinswin. 2 minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct and a 10 minute misconduct.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

KJB,

I hope Bobby is waiting for you when you get to the other side.  The fact he had a wife and four children are far above whatever brawl he dominated.  Karma is a beeeotch.  Be careful.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Great NHL tough-guy, very sad news today.  Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.   

I am with shuperman on this one, I am a die-hard B's fan, but also had a Red Wings Probie jersey.  He was one of my favorite players and one of the 24's in Crowls2424 was because of him (the other is for Taz).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Cannot say that I am shocked, but sad news for sure...

Life hard, die young...

Thoughts and prayers with the Probert family, indeed...

Very few of us will make it out of here as a Saint...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Great NHL tough-guy, very sad news today.  Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.    I am with shuperman on this one, I am a die-hard B's fan, but also had a Red Wings Probie jersey.  He was one of my favorite players and one of the 24's in Crowls2424 was because of him (the other is for Taz).
    Posted by Crowls2424

Nice!!!!!

Sad news today for sure.  My thoughts are with his family.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I see nothing wrong with what KJB said, even though the comment has been deleted.  Some people can sing Probert's praises, other can simply hate the man for either the way he played or the way he lived his life.  I personally don't care either way.  People die every day.  The ones who do a lot of drugs and abuse alcohol tend to die faster.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I see nothing wrong with what KJB said, even though the comment has been deleted.  Some people can sing Probert's praises, other can simply hate the man for either the way he played or the way he lived his life.  I personally don't care either way.  People die every day.  The ones who do a lot of drugs and abuse alcohol tend to die faster.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I do..how does that saying go? " If you don't have anything nice to say , better off not saying anything...it's called common decency for your fellow man..some unfortunately don't get it..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yzerman on Probert: "Despite begin a rugged hockey player he was a really kind-hearted guy. He was always upbeat always had something nice to say.''

The opposites sides of the big bad athlete. Great teammate but a hard partying get in trouble guy as well. Family man but couldn't kick his demons.

Didn't like some of the things he did on the ice but everytime I did see him I said "Damn I wish he was a Bruin."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I am shocked. NAS defended me. Thank you. Whoever deleted my post just watch.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwP1zTilpk

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I wouldn't come down on KJB too hard for his comments here though...

Like NAS, I wasn't really a Bob Probert fan either...

My thoughts and condolences are primarily for his family... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

Still remember that memorable bout he had with Tie Domi, then a Ranger, at MSG back in '88 or '89, I think. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

KJB- I remember this game because I was there and I remember this brawl very well.  What exactly did Probert do that was so terrible?  He threw a punch at Leach and then fought Quintal?

The real villains in this incident were Brad McCrimmon and Steve Yzerman.  Stevie Y was holding Jeff Lazaro down while McCrimmon was choking him.  That is why Lazaro stays down after the fights are over.  I have always held a bit of a grudge against Yzerman since this incident, I was fine with Probert's actions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I am shocked. NAS defended me. Thank you. Whoever deleted my post just watch. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbwP1zTilpk Posted by KJBruinswin

That's it ? That's your defense for saying "The planet is better off without him" ? I've seen other hockey players do much worse than that some of them were even in Bruins uniforms. Still won't see me wishing they were dead.

Jury is still out you didn't convince me I'm still thinking the same thing about you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

"... hate the man for the way he lived his life"? I suspect anyone in this category has enough work to do on improving his or her own life without worrying about what kind of life Probert lived. Judge not, baby ...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Has anyone else seen his criminal record?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Easy, fellas...

If we're going to quote scripture (Matthew 7 : 1) on hockey threads, let's remember the next verse :

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your [Black and Gold] brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye ?"

Judging is a two way street !