Bobby Orr Boston's Greatest Legend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Bobby Orr Boston's Greatest Legend

Right now, there's a poll at NESN, about who is Boston's greatest sports legend. They're down to their final 4. Bobby Orr looks like he's holding his own against Ted Williams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

Re: Bobby Orr Boston's Greatest Legend

Ted won NO championships...or did he? Orr DOMINATED AND CHANGED THE GAME.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Orr Boston's Greatest Legend:
    Ted won NO championships...or did he? Orr DOMINATED AND CHANGED THE GAME.
    Posted by bruinsfan4778

Very true. But Williams ain't exactly a pushover, as he won both the MVP and Triple Crown 2 times each, won 6 batting titles, was baseball's last player to hit .400, with his infamous sweet swing, and also is on MLB's All-Century Team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Boston has some all-time legends: Orr. Williams. Bird. Russell. Bourque. Yaz. Fisk. Brady. Ortiz. And the list goes on.

I'd vote for Orr, personally, but it's hard to say which one of them is most legendary. Even being on the list of "most legendary Boston athletes" is like being on Mt. Rushmore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Opinion based argument A Basketball fan would say 11 NBA Championships in 13 years 1 as a coach for a Mr. Bill Russell tough argument is correct.

I'm a bigger hockey fan so I will always go with Orr and I was Bird fan freak as a kid. Another point I would make against fans who vote for Williams, Bird, Yaz, Cousy or Brady is right before Orr arrived there was a threat that the Bruins were about to leave the area because of a bad financial situation and think about what Bobby did for youth hockey in New England ? Ask Tkachuk, JR, Amonte, Stevens, Guerin, Fitzgerald, Janney etc.

How many hockey rinks were there in the area before No. 4 got here ? They popped everywhere once he got New England interested in hockey again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

it makes for a great debate.  like kennedy97 said: boston has had quite a few "all-time greats".   convincing arguments all around.  larry legend vs the greatest champion of all time in one bracket.  and the ground-breaking orr vs the greatest hitter that ever lived in the other.

i'm going with russell and orr.  after that i'm undecided (should that be the matchup).   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

Of the 4 players( what city has a better foursome?) Bobby Orr was the Greatest total package skill wise and even better , the most outstanding human being! He's my idol and I'm 52 years old!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

ORR is as large as the Duke or Elvis.

Williams is a close second, a gifted athlete, but no one elevated the play of those around him like ORR.

His legend is insurmountable as a hockey player, as a human his gift is even greater, his ethics and morality is unbreachable.

His acting is funny, watch his commercials.

ORR is the greatest Legend,
    He is the
                  Greatest Of All Time!!!
            He is Priceless!

Sections
Shortcuts