Bobby Orr

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

Bobby Orr

The best player of all time turns 62 today.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Re: Bobby Orr

The Best there was and the best there ever will be, my opinion, you know you hear now a days people say that yesterday's players couldn't play in this era , players are much bigger and faster... Bobby Orr could...... My office is adorned with Bobby Orr memorabilia... Happy Birthday to the Greatest Player of All Time!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

I lived in Boston during Orr's prime. I lived in Edmonton during Gretzky's prime. Not even close, Orr the more dominant player. Nobody controlled the game the way Orr could. Four is my favourite number.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

that's ok because Messier was better than Gretzky anyway and has the Cups to prove it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Different time and era,probably still would have been great,but would have had to work at it harder.The game I think was 6 months long back then with a lot of beer and golf in the off season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

Messier was not better than Wayne not by a long shot  Bobby on the other hand was better than 99 I still get sick to my stomach when the Hockey News greatest hockey players comes out and Orr's always listed at number 2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Orr definitely the one made me a Bruins fan. I lived in a city where players went to Chicago and played their NHL careers. Happy Birthday number 4.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from boss23. Show boss23's posts

In Response to Bobby Orr:
    The best player of all time turns 62 today. Seeis plan him as a teenager play for the Oshawa Generals and was in awe of how good he was. He is the main reason why I am still hooked on hockey today. Happy Birthday !!!!!!
    Posted by dustyisacat

I was ten years old, when I saw Bobby Orr first played. It was during that time he was being set up for the winning goal by the Turk-Derek Sanderson. He is without a doubt the best hockey player that ever played the game. The most unselfish, classiest and humble player. With all his accolades and accomplisment in his playing days. He remains the most dintiguish man in all of sports. To number 4, may you have a long life...Happy Birthday................

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bobby Orr, Bobby Orr!  The greatest for this fan.  I loved hockey when raised in upstate New York in the 60s.  I didn't play hockey or claim to be an expert on the sport since then.  Yet, he was the best even on my fuzzy TV connections or Bob Wilson radio broadcasts.  I read Don Cherry's book in the 80s, the title lost in time, anyway he said Orr would skate with his laces lose, yet could hear the ice slice with each stride.  Cherry went on to say that the only other player to do so was the infamous Eddie Shore.  The reason I am a Bruins fan was my move back to my hillbilly confines in New Hampshire.  Orr was an inspiration to stay with the game even to this day.  Orr is idolized even by Larry Bird, who glanced at his number in his days as a Celtic.  He is a kind and considerate person, who played the game like a hockey should play.  He would fight if necessary.  His other skills were beyond compare.  Happy Birthday Bobby!   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Bobby Hull told me one time that Gretz couldn't tie Orr's skates & he loved Wayne like a son. He said when the hockey news came out with the top 100 he said it was wrong. He Bobby Orr didn't even belong in that book. He said there's Bobby Orr then EVERYONE else! Bobby is alone as to where greatness begins & ends!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

In Response to Re: Bobby Orr:
    [QUOTE]Messier was not better than Wayne not by a long shot  Bobby on the other hand was better than 99 I still get sick to my stomach when the Hockey News greatest hockey players comes out and Orr's always listed at number 2

Messier lead his teams to Stanley Cups and Gretzky without Messier lead his teams nowhere. you can keep Gretzky's numbers and anything else he did to change hockey. I will take the Stanley Cups.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Still love watching the old films of Bobby Orr.  Cherry occassionally shows them during coach's corner on HNIC.  The goal against St.Louis to win the Cup is still a classic.

I agree with everyone here.  Definitely the greatest in my opinion.  Not even close.....

Just imagine what he would have done if he had 2 good knees or if the advances in technology were available back then.

Everyone forgets the Canada Cup where Orr played basically on 1 leg and still was the MVP for the tournament over players like Potvin (who was in his prime at that time).

He's the reason I followed Boston after my beloved Leafs were out of playoff contention (usually around Christmas....LOL).

Except when it happened against the Leafs, I loved hearing 'Scored by Numba Four....Bobby Orr', closely followed by 'assist to Numba 4 - Bobby Orr'.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Wayne Gretsky at his prime was such a great player and Mario Lemieux also ..watching those 2 players was amazing ....but Bobby Orr OMG I couldnt even watch a game without being on my feet for most of the games ....thats when I became a BRUINS fan forever (I live and borned in Montreal) this player was such a thrill to watch he gave me my best year of hockey in my life ...I still dream of a Stanley Cup and I think it wouldnt take much to spark up this team ...but dont ever dream of another Bobby Orr there will never be another player like him...I am 57 year old and to this date today I have never seen a player dominating a game like BOBBY ORR

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from atlpatsfan. Show atlpatsfan's posts

My two older brothers and I, on risk of a true thrashing by our father for not going to bed on time. Would watch the big bad 'B's" especially the 60-70 season on a old B&W tv with very poor reception. I still remember hearing Orr's name and my hair would stand on end. The next day when we all went to the local pond to skate everyone wanted to be number 4. We held a guy in high regard like Orr because he deserved it. Always inteviewed as very down to earth. Gosh I miss the days of watching real hockey.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

I met him about 7 or 8 years ago (actually skated with him), couldn't meet a nicer guy, Happy Birthday Bobby Orr.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

In Response to Bobby Orr:
    The best player of all time turns 62 today. Seen him as a teenager play for the Oshawa Generals and was in awe of how good he was. He is the main reason why I am still hooked on hockey today. Happy Birthday !!!!!!
    Posted by dustyisacat

Humble, yet one of the fiercest competitors I ever saw. There was no I in team when Bobby played. You were gone from the game much to soon. " Theres the superkid, #4 Bobby Orr (Don Earl from Goal Bruins)." Happy Birthday.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Helenefanforever. Show Helenefanforever's posts

BOBBY ORR  Happy Birthday to you sir ..YOU ARE One the best Hockey PLAYER from the Boston Bruins  """62""" and a lot more to come from a Boston Bruins fan From Québec-City CANADA  we love you BOBBY ORR  ***4*** XXX

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mebackagin. Show mebackagin's posts

I still have his greatest rushes on dvd I watch that at least a couple of times a year whenever I get down about the way this club's played this year. There has never been a player Mario included that could take you out of your seat the way Orr could, noone! If there ever is another player that is even close and I say close cause I haven't seen a defenseman or forward that's been close to this guys ability in over 40 years I hope we get to see him and I hope he's on the Bruins. Orr's too humble a guy and too much of gentleman to come and say this current team bites, but I bet he must be suffering a bit inside when he watches the way Savard got clobbered and noone even lifted a finger to help! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

"NUMBER 4 BOBBY ORR"

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!

The reason I fell in love with hockey.