Boo/Cheer Kessel on Saturday...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Boo/Cheer Kessel on Saturday...?

What will you do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hendy77. Show hendy77's posts

Re: Boo/Cheer Kessel on Saturday...?

Neither.

He wasn't going to sign in Boston because there wasn't enough money.

He went where we trade him to get the most for him. THEN he signed the big contract.

If I was PC, I wouldn't have given him a BIG  contract either. He was worth something between what he got and what Boston was willing to give him.

It's not a huge loss for the Bruins right now. IF their futures don't turn into anything...then we'll know, but until then...we wait.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

He wanted out no matter the money. He knew he'd score a big contract somewhere, and as long as it wasn't Boston, it was good with him.

I plan to boo wholeheartedly

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In 15 games with Toronto he has 15 points..10 goals, 5 assists, is a plus 5 and also has a shootout winning goal.

"I think there are maybe six guys like him in the league," Columbus coach Ken Hitchcock said. "As a coach, you don't show tape on many individual players, but you show tape on him.

"When you have to do that for your team, it shows how dynamic that player is."

"He puts you on edge and makes you nervous to play against," Hitchcock said. "Speed with hockey sense is a dangerous combination."

Hope the draft choices are as good. How would he look on the B's roster now. It wasn't about the money, it was about having fun playing hockey again and not having to deal with Klod Julienne potatoes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

Oh yeah...I forgot..He actually got in a fight with one of the 'jackets defencemen and handled him. First fight of his pro career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from intrinsecus. Show intrinsecus's posts

VicRattlehead...you got your name from Megadeth's mascot. Who's the REAL idiot? 
    Are you also Harris666? I'm betting you ARE! Go back to the 80's when Metal was sort of relevant. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Hey Polo why don't you set sail in the Atantic ocean and never return to this board. Polo i see that might be problem for you as really you can't even spell properly so to think you could find the ocean would be a stretch.

I think you must be having a love affair with Kessel. Why don't get in on all the money you can make by making a Kessel doll it would be a hot commodity right now.

If you read my posts you would see my point. I said he was a fast and and entertaining player. My point was that you were labelling him among the NHLS elite from the past and present. Kessel hasn't earned that label yet.

The Bruins management has done a good job and 3 years from now we might just have another Kessel from the leafs dpicks without the loss of stars off are current roster.

Marco maybe you should try watching water Polo it would be more at your speed level. You are so dumb and you can't even grasp my point of view.

Marco for you to rant on this board stating how good Kessel is serves no purpose.

Wa wa wa Kessel is the best player in the world. Fricken enough already the whole board gets it. Why not just cheer for the Leafs and be done with it already.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordStanley. Show LordStanley's posts

Kessel DID NOT handle Russel of the blue jackets. relax. he stood up for himself and wrestled getting the takedown. he didnt even throw a a punch.

he had a bloody mouth and he was tending to it like it never happened before. yeah hes skilled but hes not a bruin - so who cares? boo him. not in our uniform not in our hearts.

GO Bs!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

In Response to Re: Boo/Cheer Kessel on Saturday...?:
    [QUOTE]Hey Polo why don't you set sail in the Atantic ocean and never return to this board. Polo i see that might be problem for you as really you can't even spell properly so to think you could find the ocean would be a stretch. I think you must be having a love affair with Kessel. Why don't get in on all the money you can make by making a Kessel doll it would be a hot commodity right now. If you read my posts you would see my point. I said he was a fast and and entertaining player. My point was that you were labelling him among the NHLS elite from the past and present. Kessel hasn't earned that label yet. The Bruins management has done a good job and 3 years from now we might just have another Kessel from the leafs dpicks without the loss of stars off are current roster. Marco maybe you should try watching water Polo it would be more at your speed level. You are so dumb and you can't even grasp my point of view. Marco for you to rant on this board stating how good Kessel is serves no purpose. Wa wa wa Kessel is the best player in the world. Fricken enough already the whole board gets it. Why not just cheer for the Leafs and be done with it already.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

Am I missing something? Who the hell is Polo?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Marco the explorer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

[QUOTE]Marco the explorer.
    Posted by woodtick7[/QUOTE]

Figured that out but there is no one in this thread that I could identify as to who you were giving it to

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Kessel........Selfish player ! That's it ! I give him 2 seasons max in Toronto !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafs-4-life. Show leafs-4-life's posts

First of all I think it is pathetic that an article like this has been posted for eleven hours and has got all of thirteen posts... You bruins fans are sure passionate about your hockey!!!

Second of all anyone who says they are happy that Phil Kessel is no longer on your team give your head a shake... He has played all of 15 games this season and he would be leading your goal scorer and third in points, but ya he is not worth the money!! Haha

There are three players in the NHL that average more goals per game than Phil Kessel; Ovechkin, Gaborik and Kovalchuck. I would say that makes him an elite goal scorer.

Just a quick side note does anyone else realize why Savard signed an extension with the Bruins that seems like it is below market value??? Since the Bruins now lack a true sniper and at his current pace he will finish with 33 assists which if I may say so does not make him an elite playmaker. He was simply getting the deal now that he knew he couldn't get in the offseason. He wasn't giving the Bruins a discount he was getting the best avilable deal!!! 

So go ahead boo until your little hearts are content but any real hockey fan knows that you do not boo out of disrespect, but you boo because you know deep down in your hearts that the bruins are going nowhere without Phil Kessel!!!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Hey scotland,
    why don't you go to every board, and post the same thing, showing no relavent thought process or opinion of your own...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Leafs for life, where did you get that stat?? and surely your only talking the 15 games kessel has played this season and not his career, also you forgot kovalchuk, and i am sure there are more then a few players who have played a handful of games and have produced at higher rates.. (ie. 1gp-1g-0a) etc...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Leafs for life there is one big difference you or that moron Marco forget to point out. The players you have used as examples have done it for longer than a year and half span.

Lets see if Kessel does is year after year and then and only then will he join names like Ovechkin. Pleassse Phil and Ovie in the same breath.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skijumper. Show skijumper's posts

[QUOTE]Just a quick side note does anyone else realize why Savard signed an extension with the Bruins that seems like it is below market value??? Since the Bruins now lack a true sniper and at his current pace he will finish with 33 assists which if I may say so does not make him an elite playmaker. He was simply getting the deal now that he knew he couldn't get in the offseason. He wasn't giving the Bruins a discount he was getting the best avilable deal!!!  So go ahead boo until your little hearts are content but any real hockey fan knows that you do not boo out of disrespect, but you boo because you know deep down in your hearts that the bruins are going nowhere without Phil Kessel!!!! 
    Posted by leafs-4-life[/QUOTE]
     Yes and if you were a true hockey fan then you might realize savard has been injured with a borken foot for awhile and that explains why his stats are that low. And I can assure you he would of gotten more money on the open market. I will boo Kessel on Thursday when I am at the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafs-4-life. Show leafs-4-life's posts

rolerhoky19 - for one roller hockey????? haha also I didn't forget Kovalchuk I know reading may not be one of your strong points but come on at least try.... And if you want to add the 1 goal / 1 game players then we can add Tyler Ennis the rookie for Buffalo (I guess that means he too is better than any player on the bruins... Ha).

woodtick7 - I am not the only one to use those two names in the same breath. If you recall which you probablly don't... Ken Hitchcock who I believe knows more about hockey than anyone reading the newspapaer including myself said, " I think there's maybe six players in the league like him.... speed with hockey sense. It's a dangerous combination"

If Ken Hitchcock is not a credible source I'm not sure who would be I mean he has coached Canada (the best hockey nation in the world) seven times.....

Also I see people love hating the players who have moved up and on from the bruins but I have noticed noone has tried to defend your best player Marc Savard... I knew I was right.

I expected more from Boston fans but I guess hockey is a secondary sport down there. I think the NHL should relocate the Bruins.... Hamilton Bruins or even the Winnipeg Bruins.... Bring the team somewhere where the fans care about and also know hockey.....

What does Boston deserve...... I know..... Have another cup of TEA!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Polls tend not to attract too much attention here.  Overall, there are only a few dozen people that post here regularly.  The excessive actions of some posters has driven many Bruins fans to more controlled environments.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from leafs-4-life. Show leafs-4-life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boo/Cheer Kessel on Saturday...? :  Yes and if you were a true hockey fan then you might realize savard has been injured with a borken foot for awhile and that explains why his stats are that low. And I can assure you he would of gotten more money on the open market. I will boo Kessel on Thursday when I am at the game.
    Posted by skijumper[/QUOTE]

I did realize that and I believe my math is correct 6 assists in 12 games. With 55 to play at 0.5 assists per game is 27.5. So I'm sorry I should have rounded up 34 assists.... Thats what happens when you don't have a goal scorer on your wing to make you look good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Just hopping to see a good pop on Kessel coming over the middle with head down and WHAM!!! Welcome Back Phil.. nothing dirty, just a reminder..Stuart would be the guy to do it..maybe even Wideman!! he likes giving those hits just like last year when he cleaned Stajan with a clean shoulder check ..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Leafs for life i'am enjoying my cup of tea in Winnipeg. Ah yes i do know hockey flew down to Boston to watch the Bruins win there cups.

I really don't have a beef with you. Your comment on Savard is unfounded as many people were ecstatic that he resigned. We have all said it opens up the door for us to sign our better players when they become a fa.

Hockey is a business and players move on to fit teams needs or budget restraints. The Boston management team felt it was in there best interest to take the deal for Kessel. The Boston management team has done a lot better than the Leafs or Blue Jackets if your looking for comparisons.

I would have to believe the Bruins management knows more about hockey or the salary cap issues then you or that moron Marco.

I would also point out Hitchcock aka Paul the Bearer the Undertakers former manager has one of the best young prospects in the world Nikita Filatov and refused to use him.

Please don't mention Kessel and Ovie in the same breath as they are  miles apart in talent and effort.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Leafs for life, before you get to high and mighty with yourself, and talk about how elite of a player kessel is after 15 games, keep in mind he lead the NHL in goals through 5 games last season and scored most of his goals in the first 3 months of the season before playoff battles and positioning took place..

and again, I didn't say we wouldnt want kessel, just not at the cost of breaking up the team, with out kessel, with major injuries, and a stretch of our goalies way under performing, the bruins are still near the top of the division and the eastern conference.. Toronto does not have the roster that the bruins have, Kessel is far and away the best player on that team.. If you were forced to trade 2-3 guys to keep him it wouldn't be a huge issue.

The bruins are much closer to being a cup team, and losing 2-3 guys to make cap room for one would have hurt the team more then it would have helped it, it might have been a better long term result, but I think for the bruins the thought is, the teams is set for now, and the future.  Most of the guys we would have been willing to part with to keep kessel wouldnt have been able to free up the cap space.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from woodtick7. Show woodtick7's posts

Leafs for life here are some stats for you. I thought i would compare Kessel to some of the phenoms or elite players in the league.

Kessel career points per game avergage is 0.59
    Kane 0.89
    Malkin 1.25
    Ovechkin 1.3
    Kovalchuk 1.03
    Backstrom 0.96
    Crosby 1.35

Fifteen games also may skew the total as the number isn't large enough for a good statistical comparisons.

John Tavares even has a better points per game ratio. His is 0.78 based on 28 games played. There are many more names that have and are producing at a far better rate than Kessel.

This isn't to say he won't get there but who really knows until its proven.

Sections
Shortcuts