BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen:
    If you guys are taking this trade so seriously, then just stop posting.  This is just what I thought might happen if a trade was to happen.  It wasn't intended to offend anyone, because I know many people on here (including NAS) take posts personally.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

I don't take posts personally.  I take stupidity personally.  As a Bruin fan, I feel it shines a poor light on all of us when people post incredibly dumb ideas, which lack any sort of thought or critical thinking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : I don't take posts personally.  I take stupidity personally.  As a Bruin fan, I feel it shines a poor light on all of us when people post incredibly dumb ideas, which lack any sort of thought or critical thinking.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You've been what, posting on here for about six months, and every single one I've seen has this "holier than thou" attitude.  You realize this is a public forum where people are allowed to express their OPINIONS.  Like I just said, this is what I think will happen, you can disagree with it if you want to.  But don't go around acting like you're superior because you are this supposed expert of hockey knowledge. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

If the Kings sign Kovalchuk, this trade makes little sense for the Kings. They don't need a center to play with Kovalchuk. They have Kopitar. Brown is the heart and soul of their team, not to mention their leader. Trading him when they are tryng to make a push towards the Stanley Cup would be silly. The Kings also don't need Matt Carle. They'd be better off keeping Johnson. Actually, this trade makes no sense for the Kings if the sign Kovalchuk or not. It would be silly.

I don't think the Kings will give Kovalchuk 10 million a year. They have to resign Drew Doughty after next season. The only team that gives him that money is the Islanders.

I like Gagne, but I'm not sure I want him in Boston. He is always injured and will likely spend more time on the injured list than he will in the lineup

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : You've been what, posting on here for about six months, and every single one I've seen has this "holier than thou" attitude.  You realize this is a public forum where people are allowed to express their OPINIONS.  Like I just said, this is what I think will happen, you can disagree with it if you want to.  But don't go around acting like you're superior because you are this supposed expert of hockey knowledge. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Don't be upset with me because your idea bumped Anze Kopitar to the second line and downgraded the Kings defense while trading their captain.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : You've been what, posting on here for about six months, and every single one I've seen has this "holier than thou" attitude.  You realize this is a public forum where people are allowed to express their OPINIONS.  Like I just said, this is what I think will happen, you can disagree with it if you want to.  But don't go around acting like you're superior because you are this supposed expert of hockey knowledge. 
    Posted by TimThomas-god

Everyone is allowed to express their opinions...but me?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : Don't be upset with me because your idea bumped Anze Kopitar on the second line and downgraded the Kings defense while trading their captain.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm sorry my OPINION wasn't worthy of your sage-like knowledge of hockey.  I'll make sure to check with you before making any other posts, that way they'll be 100% correct just like yours.  Thank you for your wisdom, NAS, boston.com is lucky to have someone like you posting on their website.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : Everyone is allowed to express their opinions...but me?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

No, you can post your opinions, just don't be such a d!ck about it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : I'm sorry my OPINION wasn't worthy of your sage-like knowledge of hockey.  I'll make sure to check with you before making any other posts, that way they'll be 100% correct just like yours.  Thank you for your wisdom, NAS, boston.com is lucky to have someone like you posting on their website.
    Posted by TimThomas-god

No need to check with me.  You can do it all on your own.  Here's how it works:

1.  Think of an idea.
    2.  Think if it makes sense.
    3.  Post it.

A lot of people tend to skip step #2, and when I point that out, they get bent.  See above.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

NAS makes some good points guys. A lot of these are just wishful thinking that don't make sense...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Wow, I didn't even think about this when I first read it: Why would LA trade Dustin Brown and Jack Johnson to get Marc Savard and Matt Carle? Am I missing something?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Agreed.. sheer lunacy .. Dustin Brown isnt going anywhere.. this guy is a superstar in the making...Matt Carle is average at best and Savard has about 4 good years left.. makes perfect sense to me :) LOL..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It might just be that Philly is pushing this one because they really,really want Thomas and his attitude and they need to move Gagne in order to afford Thomas. I'm not sure Chia is on board except that he has some notion to move Savard, and is following along in case there is a helpful opportunity. Do not believe LA wants to move Johnson or Brown, but they may want a slick center more and recognize that ir takes some guts to make something happen. Wild scenario that may have no motivation except, as mentioned, in Dreger's horoscope, but , I could not find any definitive posting to back it up

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins-of-Smeg. Show Bruins-of-Smeg's posts

If I were Savvy I would deny any trade that would take me away from my children. His children are in schools in T.O. I would want to be anywhere from Detroit east to the NE US and of course T.O, Ottawa or Montreal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

I defend the original post as a reasonable starting point for a deal.  Many posters are in the habit of bashing Savvy & TT to the point of no value, but these are high-caliber veteran players being squeezed out by younger options, Seguin & Rask respectively

What is everone's fascination with Jack Johnson anyway?  Is it his career-high 36 points last year?  Or was it his -15?  Or his career -57 in 200 games?  Or that he has had the worst +/- on the Kings for the past 2 seasons.  Stud defenseman?  I am not so sure about that.

We had a D-man last year that was -14 and he was rightfully run out of town.  The difference between Wideman and Johnson is that the former was a +32 the year before.  Johnson has been a minus each year since he has been in the league; -5 (5 games), -19, -18, -15.

Guys, I get the fact that B's fans are a little overzealous in rating our players, but please don't fall into the same trap with players from other teams. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Crowls,

You do realize that he is still very young.  And you do realize that most elite dmen take time to find their spot.  Its different for fwds b/c they don't have to be as involved in clearing people out of the front of the net, going into the corners etc etc...much harder for young dmen to find a place.  That being said, JJ can skate, has a lot of self-mojo and has a flare for the dramatic.  He will be a very very good dman.  The fact that LA hasn't been that good may be an indicator.  Also the fact he logs a lot of ice time.  That will change as the Kings get better.  Check out prongers 1st 3 seasons.  Check out Keiths 1st 2 seasons. 
    He isn't in their league as elite dmen go but he is a very good player.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : I don't take posts personally.  I take stupidity personally.  As a Bruin fan, I feel it shines a poor light on all of us when people post incredibly dumb ideas, which lack any sort of thought or critical thinking.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

That's what 100 % of the posters felt about your Jordan Caron thread too ! Or your women at hockey games comments ? What kind of light shone on us Bruins fans when you posted those . Very immature and incredibly dumb ideas which lacked any thinking at all !

TTgod some of us accept that you just put out a trade idea so we could discuss it. Others ^^^^^^^ get their shorts in a knot . Your thoughts behind this post were well appreciated here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Crowls, You do realize that he is still very young.  And you do realize that most elite dmen take time to find their spot.  Its different for fwds b/c they don't have to be as involved in clearing people out of the front of the net, going into the corners etc etc...much harder for young dmen to find a place.  That being said, JJ can skate, has a lot of self-mojo and has a flare for the dramatic.  He will be a very very good dman.  The fact that LA hasn't been that good may be an indicator.  Also the fact he logs a lot of ice time.  That will change as the Kings get better.  Check out prongers 1st 3 seasons.  Check out Keiths 1st 2 seasons.  He isn't in their league as elite dmen go but he is a very good player.
    Posted by shuperman

I get your point on rookie d-men, but wouldn't Drew Doughty be a better comparison since he plays on the same team?  He was a -17 as a rookie, but +20 in his second year.  That is +20 in his second year VS -15 for JJ in his third year (after 2 years at U of Michigan).  I guess Kings fans will have to wait for JJ to find his pro game.  I am not saying JJ does not have upside, I am simply objecting to the "stud defenseman" constituency.

Hunwick, only 25 and also a teammate of JJ at U of Michigan and a graduate of the USDP, was a -16 last year, so I assume you are preaching patience with him, correct?  Hunwick was a +15 as a rookie after all?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : I get your point on rookie d-men, but wouldn't Drew Doughty be a better comparison since he plays on the same team?  He was a -17 as a rookie, but +20 in his second year.  That is +20 in his second year VS -15 for JJ in his third year (after 2 years at U of Michigan).  I guess Kings fans will have to wait for JJ to find his pro game.  I am not saying JJ does not have upside, I am simply objecting to the "stud defenseman" constituency. Hunwick, only 25 and also a teammate of JJ at U of Michigan and a graduate of the USDP, was a -16 last year, so I assume you are preaching patience with him, correct?  Hunwick was a +15 as a rookie after all?
    Posted by Crowls2424

They are different players for many different reasons, the obvious one being no two people are alike.  Others include the fact that they have different experiences in different systems playing for different coaches on different teams against different teams with different linemates.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : That's what 100 % of the posters felt about your Jordan Caron thread too ! Or your women at hockey games comments ? What kind of light shone on us Bruins fans when you posted those . Very immature and incredibly dumb ideas which lacked any thinking at all ! TTgod some of us accept that you just put out a trade idea so we could discuss it. Others ^^^^^^^ get their shorts in a knot . Your thoughts behind this post were well appreciated here.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Chowda- Let's not turn this into WWIII, NAS is clearly having a bad day today.  He is not just ripping on people for their opinions, he is actually ripping on people for "how" they articulate their opinions (too many hockey clichés being used for NAS' liking today). 

My guess is Mommy told NAS to pick up his Star Wars Action Figures down in her basement, and he Not-A-Bit happy about it. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : They are different players for many different reasons, the obvious one being no two people are alike.  Others include the fact that they have different experiences in different systems playing for different coaches on different teams against different teams with different linemates.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Great analysis NAS, I must have lost my head for a minute.... now go pick-up Chewbacca, he is right behind your spiderman mask.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The difference between Wideman and Johnson is that the former was a +32 the year before. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

Are you sure that's the difference?  You don't think there are more?  One guy grows up in Canada and plays through the OHL, gets drafted by St. Louis, plays in the AHL, plays in St. Louis and then plays in Boston.  The other guy grows up in the USA, plays in the USHL, plays two seasons of NCAA and then plays for the Kings.

I'm sort of confused how you can even compare the two, let along suggest the difference between them is a +/- rating for one season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

My ending note on JJ is that he has a lot of upside and with his confidence/ego he will be a good player.  He already has above avg skating and offensive skills.  The speed of the game is the big thing and I believe he will adjust fine.  Give him a guy thats a solid stay at home dman and thats a great combo. 

Final point...if Boston could get JJ for Savard I would do it w/o hesitation. Young, skilled, confident puck moving dmen are hard to come by...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : Are you sure that's the difference?  You don't think there are more?  One guy grows up in Canada and plays through the OHL, gets drafted by St. Louis, plays in the AHL, plays in St. Louis and then plays in Boston.  The other guy grows up in the USA, plays in the USHL, plays two seasons of NCAA and then plays for the Kings. I'm sort of confused how you can even compare the two, let along suggest the difference between them is a +/- rating for one season.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS, try taking my entire point, rather than cherry-picking a sentence.

"We had a D-man last year that was -14 and he was rightfully run out of town.  The difference between Wideman and Johnson is that the former was a +32 the year before.  Johnson has been a minus each year since he has been in the league; -5 (5 games), -19, -18, -15."

You might try doing some homework instead of spending your time criticizing everyone (and picking up your toys).  The Kings had a +22 goal differential, 5th best in their conference and 8th best in the league, but JJ was a -15.  How do you explain that?  How do you suggest that giving up Savvy and TT for JJ and Gagne is not reasonable?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : Chowda- Let's not turn this into WWIII, NAS is clearly having a bad day today.  He is not just ripping on people for their opinions, he is actually ripping on people for "how" they articulate their opinions (too many hockey clichés being used for NAS' liking today).  My guess is Mommy told NAS to pick up his Star Wars Action Figures down in her basement, and he Not-A-Bit happy about it. 
    Posted by Crowls2424

LOL Crowls . NAS gives his opinion on others but if you notice he runs and hides when people give their opinions on what he says . He does that steady with me.  He's really good at changing the topic at hand to get out of what his comments have gotten him into. He doesn't like people breaking down his comments like he does to others . He says otherwise but he has snapped at me a few times already for doing that. When confronted a bully will not be as tough as he was when left alone.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : LOL Crowls . NAS gives his opinion on others but if you notice he runs and hides when people give their opinions on what he says . He does that steady with me.  He's really good at changing the topic at hand to get out of what his comments have gotten him into. He doesn't like people breaking down his comments like he does to others . He says otherwise but he has snapped at me a few times already for doing that. When confronted a bully will not be as tough as he was when left alone.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

Actually, I stop paying attention when you guys stop talking about hockey and start talking about me.  I'm not here to talk about myself or any of you.  I couldn't care less if you wish to have a big sewing circle and discuss what you know about my life...which is nothing.  It's a very common tactic in debates when one has clearly lost or is completely wrong:  Can't debate the subject?  Debate the debater.  I'm not sure of the benefit, but it is very common with some of you.  Hey, if you want to spend your time discussing me, that's some wasted time.  I'm not a very interesting subject.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: BOS/PHI/LA Supertrade: What Will Happen : NAS, try taking my entire point, rather than cherry-picking a sentence. " We had a D-man last year that was -14 and he was rightfully run out of town .  The difference between Wideman and Johnson is that the former was a +32 the year before.  Johnson has been a minus each year since he has been in the league; -5 (5 games), -19, -18, -15." You might try doing some homework instead of spending your time criticizing everyone (and picking up your toys).  The Kings had a +22 goal differential, 5th best in their conference and 8th best in the league, but JJ was a -15.  How do you explain that?  How do you suggest that giving up Savvy and TT for JJ and Gagne is not reasonable?
    Posted by Crowls2424

Are you kidding me?  I'd be absolutely thrilled if the B's sent those two out and got Gagne and Jack Johnson in return.  Dean Lombardi would have to check into Betty Ford, however, if he sent Dustin Brown and Jack Johnson out while getting Marc Savard and Matt Carle back.  Of course, that's what I said earlier in this thread.