Bos vs Phila game 1 NHL Channel 8/23

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Bos vs Phila game 1 NHL Channel 8/23

This series could be painful to watch.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: Bos vs Phila game 1 NHL Channel 8/23

Thank goodness Krejci's in the Czech Republic. ;-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Watching this series once was painfull enough...

Don't want to spoil the ending, but...

3-0, 3-0, uh-oh !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Game one---   Bruins on a roll....great passing.....Bergeron all over everyone....Boychuck great zingers from the point.....Sobotka jumping but he slammed into net 2nd period and appeared to hurt his ribs.  

It's weird because there are long ads and it seems the game keeps running during the ads!!   So the game clock jumps ahead.  You miss sections.  And, there's no break between periods.  And sometimes they just skip ahead a few minutes.

But, it's still Bruins hockey.  Game two tonight.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gardenbees. Show gardenbees's posts

I watched game 1 last night too and enjoyed seeing Savard's goal again.  I'll watch the rest of the series but forego game 7!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Bos vs Phila game 1 NHL Channel 8/23:
    [QUOTE]Game one---   Bruins on a roll....great passing.....Bergeron all over everyone....Boychuck great zingers from the point.....Sobotka jumping but he slammed into net 2nd period and appeared to hurt his ribs.   It's weird because there are long ads and it seems the game keeps running during the ads!!   So the game clock jumps ahead.  You miss sections.  And, there's no break between periods.  And sometimes they just skip ahead a few minutes. But, it's still Bruins hockey.  Game two tonight.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Sobotka separated his shoulder in the final game of the year and that hit made it much worse, pretty much derailing his effectiveness for the rest of the Philly series. Just another (disregarded) injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

How did Shawn Thornton play in this game, I don't remember?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

They're also showing the corresponding game in the B's-Hurricanes series. Double the Bruins games, double the game 7 heartbreak.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]They're also showing the corresponding game in the B's-Hurricanes series. Double the Bruins games, double the game 7 heartbreak.
    Posted by BlackandGold24[/QUOTE]

Oh yes another injury excuse why the Bs did not beat Carolina.  If fragile do not shake is the motto if one follows that thinking.  I am going with if it is fragile it plays well in the AHL.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bos vs Phila game 1 NHL Channel 8/23 : Oh yes another injury excuse why the Bs did not beat Carolina.  If fragile do not shake is the motto if one follows that thinking.  I am going with if it is fragile it plays well in the AHL.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

If you're calling a guy who PLAYED with a separated shoulder and then underwent postseason surgery "fragile," I don't know what to tell you.

The problem with hockey players is that they don't complain enough. I'll never forget Joe Buck proclaiming that Gary Sheffield was "in agony" during the 2004 ALCS with a bad shoulder. Of course, the media knew he was "in agony" because Sheffield made sure everybody knew it. Contrast that with David Krejci, who was having trouble walking by 2009 playoffs, was praying to God that he'd make it through games, had hip surgery afterward, and never said one word about it until after the fact, and even then, only once. I'm willing to bet the  majority of Bruins fans aren't aware even now that Vladimir Sobotka had shoulder surgery this spring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Fragile was not referencing player but the team.  Hockey players are stoic without a doubt but if one continues to say we could have been better if we did not have the injuries, then the logic is the team has too many players that get injured in the playoffs.  After two years with the promise of a third year playoff run the injury excuse for not advancing needs to be addressed.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

The question is not if we will have injuries, but how many and how severe.  Last year about 2/3 of the team was playing injured.  To take one example, Sobotka's ribs.  I know from experience, when you have a bruised or cracked rib, it is excruciating to laugh or cough, let alone play hockey.  

In fact, most of the Bruins players did play though pain, and did the best they could.  It's just that they were not 100%.

Did anyone watch game 2 last night?  I was too tired to stay up for the 11 pm showing and missed the earlier one due to grandchild babysitting duties.  Game reactions?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]The question is not if we will have injuries, but how many and how severe.  Last year about 2/3 of the team was playing injured.  To take one example, Sobotka's ribs.  I know from experience, when you have a bruised or cracked rib, it is excruciating to laugh or cough, let alone play hockey.   In fact, most of the Bruins players did play though pain, and did the best they could.  It's just that they were not 100%. Did anyone watch game 2 last night?  I was too tired to stay up for the 11 pm showing and missed the earlier one due to grandchild babysitting duties.  Game reactions?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Actually it wasn't his ribs but his shoulder, but the same principle applies. Sobotka's game is hitting, and you're not going to be an effective checker with a shoulder that needs surgery.

I laughed in 2009 when I saw more than one post-playoff article blaming the Red Wings' loss on Pavel Datsyuk's injured foot, while the Bruins dealt with injuries that would fill up half an emergency room. One silver lining, I hope - after two years of this insanity, the third time's the charm.

As for last night's game, the one thing that drove me nuts was the usual - Pierre Maguire's panting man-love for the Flyers, especially Pronger and Richards. It's gone beyond ridiculous and into disturbing.