boston 1st and hamil

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ignaceontario. Show ignaceontario's posts

boston 1st and hamil

boston trades there pick and hamil to move up in the draft how many spot cn they move up 3 or 4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: boston 1st and hamil

I don't think that far.. Hamill has done much to show he is developing into an NHL talent at this point..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hamill is done. finished. over. he is a bust. finito. end of story. asta la vista baby.

Look at these stats.  2 players ahead of him played less games than him.
    http://www.providencebruins.com/View/Page/72

He is 105th in the league in points
    http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?first=100&type=top_scorers&subType=0&season_id=30&lastActive=&singleSeason=&leagueId=4&confId=0

Remember Brandon Bochenski?  He's played 16 games less than Hamill and has more points.

From what I've seen of him, he's not fast and he's not strong and he's not developing.  Nothing there.  empty. gone.

No one will take Hamill - unless you have some embarassing pics of an NHL, plus if you can get him drunk enough to be able to sign, but not to be able to see.

Keep ALL the picks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I'd trade Caron and a 2nd for a shot at Kabanov - Probably 4-10.  Nook reported that he's a go for Fridays game, so he won't slip out of the top 10 if he stays healthy the rest of the way.  Look for Kabanov to go 4-7.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Hamill si coming around, he will be a late bloomer but a good one,,Dont trade caron hes a future allstar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Yeah I typoed the crap out of that.. it should have read..

I don't think thus far, Hamill has done much to show he is developing into an NHL talent at this point...

Brandon Bochenski, is still playing, I actually was up in portland at a diner thinking the kid across from me looked just like him, and indeed his team was in town to play the pirates the next few days

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

how was joe thornton the 1st few yrs give him time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: boston 1st and hamil:
    I'd trade Caron and a 2nd for a shot at Kabanov - Probably 4-10.  Nook reported that he's a go for Fridays game, so he won't slip out of the top 10 if he stays healthy the rest of the way.  Look for Kabanov to go 4-7.
    Posted by bim09

Why trade Caron?he would seem closer to NHL ready than Kabanov.I can see exchanging picks to move up but it makes no sense to move your first rounder from 1 draft in order to move up in the first round of the next.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Joe thornton for the first few years was in the nhl, and after his dismal rookie season he put up respectable seasons of 41 and 60 points.. So he was much, much better then hamill...Hamill has yet to put up even semi decent numbers in the AHL...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Joe thornton for the first few years was in the nhl, and after his dismal rookie season he put up respectable seasons of 41 and 60 points.. So he was much, much better then hamill...Hamill has yet to put up even semi decent numbers in the AHL...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Joe Thornton got minimal playing time his first year, they wanted to ease him in and not put too much pressure on him.  Samsonov got rookie of the year don't forget - and that was because Thornton rode the pine so much.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I don't think they wanted to ease him into the NHL i have seen that tossed out a few times, if that was really the goal they would have had him play another year of juniors, or in the AHL.. and his contract if you remember was structured entirely on first year incentives, money for winning the scoring title, for scoring 100 points, for finishing in the top 5 in calder voting, for winning the calder, etc..

That doesnt sound like anyone saying Joe take your time..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I don't think they wanted to ease him into the NHL i have seen that tossed out a few times, if that was really the goal they would have had him play another year of juniors, or in the AHL.. and his contract if you remember was structured entirely on first year incentives, money for winning the scoring title, for scoring 100 points, for finishing in the top 5 in calder voting, for winning the calder, etc.. That doesnt sound like anyone saying Joe take your time..
    Posted by rolerhoky19

I will eat my hat if that isn't true, but I am sure that Samsonov got more ice time in that first year, but I haven't looked it up or found the stat anywhere. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Well thornton was benched on and off and only played like 55 games, but i mean samsanov put up 47 points.. big joe put up 7... but it wasn't about easing him in though, he was drafted as being comparable to eric lindros, who put up like a 75 points in his 60 games as a rookie..

Joe was considered a big disapointment at the time and there was a lot of talk about who the real number one should have been etc...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh, Samsonov got waaay more ice time - because he was a first-line winger with Allison and Kristich.  But you've got the cart before the horse.  Samsonov played on the first line because he wasn't out of place (and there were no better options on a thin team).  He'd already played a season of pro hockey in the IHL.  He scored 47 points including 22 goals.  On the other hand, you know that TV Show "Lost"?  I wonder if they got the idea watching The Problem in 97-98.  He was brutal - slow, didn't move his feet, seemed out of shape and didn't seem to think there was anything wrong with his game.  I couldn't believe that he was worse than Daigle, who had 51 points in his rookie season but looked outclassed even then.

No, Burns brought The Problem along slowly because to do anything else would have exposed him and possibly ruined his confidence.  I also recall the discussion of sending him back to Jr., and they decided he wasn't going to get better in Jr., so he might as well be exposed to the NHL culture and routine.  So - you may be right and Hamill may be done, but it's not unreasonable to point to The Problem and say hey, sometimes it takes time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Joe got 6-7 mins a game under the deadbeat cop Burns, who did not like playing kids, but somehow came up thru the junior ranks.

Joe was on 4th line and played less than the Thornton we now have, but Bos would not send him down or let him play for the Cdn Juniors.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Why trade Caron?he would seem closer to NHL ready than Kabanov.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Because Kabanov is a potential Franchise talent and Caron is not.  We'd have to wait a few years, but his upside is exponentially better than Caron's.  And it would take a talent like Caron for a team to consider passing on Kabanov.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

GOAT - they should have sent him down, at very least to the WJC, but he didn't play any less than he deserved.  He was terrible that year, completely stunned by the pace of the game and the strength of his opponents.  My fear was that he was another kid who'd made good in junior because he was stronger and bigger than most of the kids around him, which doesn't translate when you play against men.  I'm not sure that there isn't some truth in that when you look at how his game evolved away from attacking the net to more of a perimeter passing game.

bim - if Kabanov is everything you say, then Caron and a 2 won't work as bait.  Think about it.  If this was just picks, do you think a team would trade a 4-7 overall pick for pick #20 and a second rounder?  4-7 is still potential franchise player territory.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

bim - if Kabanov is everything you say, then Caron and a 2 won't work as bait.
    Posted by Bookboy007

You might be right.  But I'd start with that offer and see where it went.  They might want 2011's 1st, instead.  Which would be my final offer, [Caron and 2011 1st for 2010 5th overall].  Maybe insist on them taking Wideman too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Let Kabbie go to the KHL on someone else's dime, he may be good but there are enough topknotch North Americans that I would not take the chance on him or any other Europeans until the tide turns on youth staying to play in the K.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Let Kabbie go to the KHL on someone else's dime
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

There is no basis to your statement.  The facts are, he left the KHL to play in the Q for a whole lot less money, not to mention the sacrifices he had to make in supporting that decision and is on record as saying he only wants to play in the NHL.  His action's line up with his words.  That's good enough for me.

In the last 4 year's, Russian's drafted in Russia stayed there and the same is true for NA.

1st round 2009
    1st round 2008
    1st round 2007
    1st round 2006

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

That's a great observation, bim.   Tip o' the hat.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: boston 1st and hamil : You might be right.  But I'd start with that offer and see where it went.  They might want 2011's 1st, instead.  Which would be my final offer, [Caron and 2011 1st for 2010 5th overall].  Maybe insist on them taking Wideman too.
    Posted by bim09

If Kabanov finishes strong and is a top 5 then,yes,I would think it was worth it.But if we are talking about only moving up 4 or 5 spots it seems a little too much to give up.As of 1 month ago Kabanov was rated at 15.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

As of 1 month ago Kabanov was rated at 15.
    Posted by dezaruchi

In the middle of November, right before the wrist injury, he was ranked #4 overall.  It doesn't make sense that he'll stay at 15 through the rest of the season, now that he's back and scoring goals again.
    http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-ca/news/press-release.php?id=711

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: boston 1st and hamil : In the middle of November, right before the wrist injury, he was ranked #4 overall .  It doesn't make sense that he'll stay at 15 through the rest of the season, now that he's back and scoring goals again. http://www.moncton-wildcats.com/en-ca/news/press-release.php?id=711
    Posted by bim09

Just saw the most recent rankings I could find and Kabanov was up to 8.You seem to be on to something here.I will keep my eyes open for him.I live in Saint John but am ashamed to admit I have only gone to 2 SeaDogs games this year.#1 ranked junior team in the country with Moncton not far behind.Now that Gormley and Kabanov are flying up the rankings I will make sure I see them the next time they are in town.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

2009 - 1 russian #14 FLO-Kulikov 47gp this year in Florida
    2008 - 1 russian #6   CBJ-Filatov 13GP with CBJ and now 24 in KHL
    2007 - 1 russian #17 NYR-Cherepanov last played in 2009 in KHL no games ever in NHL
    2006 - 2 russians #27 Dal- Vishneviskiy 2G in Dal 4GP in Ahl how long will he last
                             #23 Was-Varlamov came to Ahl/NHL in 09

OK 1 top 10 pick where is he KHL, 0/1
    1 player has stepped directly into lineup and played 47 games in first year, unknown quality yet 1/2
    1 player in KHL never came here that I can find and is no longer playing, 1/3
    1 player 4 years later still has only played 5 games in NHL 1/4
    1 player came into NHL 3 years after being drafted staying in K 1/5.

That is 20% chance at a hit in Russian coming to NHL now and being in the lineup next year, I'm sorry but I would not waste my pick because he has potential. If there is someone with similar skills etc etc etc go for him but leave the Russians where they are, we do not have someone on our Roster to coerce them into coming here, that it is the place to be (Kovi went elsewhere).

Sacrifices to play in Canada in greatest developing system in the world over just staying in Russia, I don't think so.

Oh the other part about only wants to play in the Nhl, I heard someone say they wanted to play here but went where the money was.

This is a deep pick I would not waste my time, but here I am wasting it.