Boston Bruins get compared to N.Y Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

Boston Bruins get compared to N.Y Jets

Franchise always underachieves

http://bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20091123low-flying_jets_franchise_always_underachieves/

The Jets are the NFL’s version of baseball’s Mets and, yes, hockey’s Bruins. Every year there is lots of upbeat talk and optimism about how this is going to be the season, and then, every year, something goes terribly wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: Boston Bruins get compared to N.Y Jets

if its in the herald i'm not reading it, the paper always underachieves

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Who cares about the Jets! There's a reason why sports fans post here and don't read the Herald. The Herald is a third class paper with third class writers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessup08. Show jessup08's posts

I am no fan of Steve Buckley but you cannot really say he is wrong here. There is just something about this organization. It's very sad.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Bruins get compared to N.Y Jets:
    if its in the herald i'm not reading it, the paper always underachieves
    Posted by dkrejci46

Of course. I bet if the Herald predicted the Bruins to win the Cup you would say how great the paper was. I know you're just a little kid but you might want to look up the word "objective" in your parents dictionary sometime.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

ummmm, i work for the sports section of a newspaper, the herald is terrible, if they predicted the bruins would win the cup, i would probably bet the house on a first round exit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GroinLiqours. Show GroinLiqours's posts

ummmm, i work for the sports section of a newspaper

Posted by dkrejci46

Ummmm what "paper" do you work for dkrejci?! This should be good...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

You know what, I'm a Bruins fan and I'm a Jets fan !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since I live In Quebec (no NFL team around), I began to support the Jets because of the cinderella story of Wayne Chrebet...and.......well.......it's a fact that, the Jets are always, year after year, a deception !!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brian030731. Show Brian030731's posts

ummmm, i work for the sports section of a newspaper

Posted by dkrejci46

Ummmm what "paper" do you work for dkrejci?! This should be good...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

there is no way in hell i'm revealing that information to you jackals, guys like imafan who have enough time on their hands to do anything they want would legitimately show up here to tell me how much of an apologist I am, but rest assure its a very well respected small newspaper. now you and your 20 posts go away please

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

Hey dkrejci46 I write for a  news paper  The Toillette Paper Express  and I have perpetual bowel movement of the keyboard. I just had to come with a sarcastic response thanx good luck fellow Bruin fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm a Minnesota Viking fan but a big of all Boston's sports teams.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

The B's did'nt underachieve 2 years ago with the first round series with Montreal. They have had plenty of seasons where they were not expected to do much. If you want a real underachieving team to compare the Jets to its the Flyers. It seems like every year Barry Melrose( i think he did again this year) and others are saying this is the year Philly reaches the finals and they seldom get by the 2nd round.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from InVain5. Show InVain5's posts

The B's did'nt underachieve 2 years ago with the first round series with Montreal. They have had plenty of seasons where they were not expected to do much. If you want a real underachieving team to compare the Jets to its the Flyers. It seems like every year Barry Melrose( i think he did again this year) and others are saying this is the year Philly reaches the finals and they seldom get by the 2nd round.     
    Posted by east-westBsfan

So when other #8 seed teams like Anaheim beat #1 San Jose last year they are over acheiving? And when the #8 seed Bruins lose to # 1 Montreal it is what? Accepted??

You sound like a big time Bruins apologist buddy. 17 years and counting since the Bruins have won just a second round series.

That is pathetic.

At least the stinking Jets made it to a couple of AFC Championship games in that time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Two years ago  Boston was the 8th seed  did you expect them to "achieve"   i said "every year"   in the vain must be 5 grams of i don't know what.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

After reading it seemed rather odd topic.  Why the Bruins, Mets, Clippers as comparable loser franchises to the Jets?  You could add many more teams from the four major sports as unsuccessful franchises.  Being a generalist is fine to a certain degree.   Mr. Buckley ought to a bit more specific how those organizations are unsuccessful, outside of how they make proclamations every year about winning only to fail. Details and specifics would be helpful. Otherwise it is another example of a media reporter making news to sell the news.  How about the news reporter actually making a study including other teams like the Raiders, Reds, and the LA Kings et al. with a definitive set of details on why they failed.  Afterwards making a general statement would be worthy of discussion. It is pure sensationalism..... Buckley is as bombastic as the Jets!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from InVain5. Show InVain5's posts

Two years ago  Boston was the 8th seed  did you expect them to "achieve"   i said "every year"   in the vain must be 5 grams of i don't know what.
    Posted by east-westBsfan

wow good one...

Typical Bruins apologist rhetoric from a clueless homer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

I could give a s$%# if its been 17 years since winning a 2nd round. Its the 38 without the top prize that counts. So they get into a couple of conferance finals in 17 and lose them that makes you happy? You sound like more of an apoligist than me. It's the same S$%^ the sox had to go through for 80 plus years. 75, and 86 series did'nt matter.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

After reading it seemed rather odd topic.  Why the Bruins, Mets, Clippers as comparable loser franchises to the Jets?  You could add many more teams from the four major sports as unsuccessful franchises.  Being a generalist is fine to a certain degree.   Mr. Buckley ought to a bit more specific how those organizations are unsuccessful, outside of how they make proclamations every year about winning only to fail. Details and specifics would be helpful. Otherwise it is another example of a media reporter making news to sell the news.  How about the news reporter actually making a study including other teams like the Raiders, Reds, and the LA Kings et al. with a definitive set of details on why they failed.  Afterwards making a general statement would be worthy of discussion. It is pure sensationalism..... Buckley is as bombastic as the Jets!
    Posted by islamorada

Agree   Jets won the Super Bowl in 69 and have not been there since. In that time the Bills have been there 4 times (in a row i believe) and have come up empty. Who's the most underachieving team? He can't even get his football teams straight. Did he expect the Jets beating the Pats after that game in Indy.In fact they overachieved in my opinion by 4 points. I don't think the Jets were picked to go all the way this year or to many years in the last 40 so underachieving  i don't think so  shody sports journalism.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonSteelhawks. Show HamiltonSteelhawks's posts

You cannot really argue with it unfortunately.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Really? Because underachievement means not living up to your potential.

Boston only made it to round 2 and game seven last year. Let's get over it. They over-achieved the year before and over-achieved, given the talent they had, in previous years.

Don't know what his evidence is for this claim because I can't get to the full article, but sometimes we have to draw conclusions based on the facts and not emotional reaction. Yes, the playoff loss was brutal. But are our memories so bad and are the facts so useless that we forgot 2007/2008? Is that what under-achievers do?

InVain, WestBsFan isn't being an apologist. He's just pointing out that the claim is inaccurate. If you don't see that you should look up what "underachievement" means.

Could have been any other team-- habs, toronto, canes--and the point would be the same. The facts know no bias.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT's posts

Who cares about the Jets! There's a reason why sports fans post here and don't read the Herald. The Herald is a third class paper with third class writers.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Even the awful Jets made it to the AFC title game, the Bruins can't get out of the second round!

Sections
Shortcuts