Boston/Dallas: One Suggestion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Boston/Dallas: One Suggestion

Sobotka for Bitz. Simple. If Julien is going to play the fourth line as much as he has in this game, than Sobotka's talent over Bitz' bigger body has got to be realized. Everytime I really concentrated on the game tonight I saw Shawn Thornton running around out there, haha. They must have had more ice time than the first line!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tukkainnet. Show tukkainnet's posts

Re: Boston/Dallas: One Suggestion

Bitz has been playing great.  That line has, by far, been their most reliable.  I wouldn't change a thing.  Besides, Marchand has surpassed Sabotka on the call up list.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

After last season Sobotka has regressed and unless he starts lighting up the AHL i don't expect to see him with the spoked B anytime soon

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I have to say that was another brutal game to watch. The D stifled them but the O could have been better 4 shots in the 3rd. 3 fluke goals that would have had TT haters calling for his head. TT was great, D made some great saves as well.

Boychuk does not look out of place at all.

Luc - SHOOT! 5 shots in 6 games

Centers were great on the draws tonight.

PP was 1/1. PK 3/3 all good.

1st line was good, Bergy's line as well. Wheeler was best on his line. Krejci is in shape he has the wind, but Espo in the 70's after a summer of drinking and 30 pounds overweight played better, Kr spent a lot of time 'on' the ice might have been his skates.

4th line way too much ice time, after a 2 min commercial break CJ left them on the ice, What coach doesn't put his top unit out there when that happens. Did I say way too much ice time. They were not taking it to them like they have last few games, spent a lot of time in their own end.

The announcer spent the whole time coming up with ways of saying the Stars were lousy.

3 bogus pens, I was expecting a mixup when Kr got smoked late in the 3rd- nothing.

It was a needed 2 points, shut out and confidence builder.

Thornton breakaway goal would have been awesome.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Thank you no4bobbyorr, atleast someone agrees that, strong play or not, a fourth line should not get that much time, if they do, something is seriously wrong with the top line. Not a knock against the 4th line which has been strong thus far.

I dont think Sobotka has regressed at all. Although I can agree Marchand's number may be in the same place as Vladys on speed dial.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If Julien has to play the fourth line more so be it! TT had a better game because the Bs D did the same thing they did against the Canes. They clogged up the passing lanes and center ice. Boston played better in there own zone.

Sobotka did not react well to his ride south down the 128. He has not reacted well. Bitz is not playing well right now because were comparing him to the way he played in the Canes series. He's fine he'll play better I don't think Vlad is the answer.

Recchi did not score but he was everywhere. Bergeron was showing his might with Mark tonight. That line played well. Savard sign him already 3 years @ 6.5 is worth every penny! Mark Stuart should be next after Savvy is rapped up. If Don Wadell said Kovalchuk talks start with Stuart I'd say "Good Luck and see Yah!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I thought that Bitz played really well tonight.  He was strong along the boards, and good on the backcheck.  He has been looking better and better since a poor preseason.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfansince88. Show Bruinfansince88's posts

To all the people that are complaining about the 4th line getting too many minutes:

Did it ever occur to you that, maybe, CJ was resting his top players for the next game?

With the score 3-0, and the team in control of the game, there would be no reason to over-play the top lines.

CJ's strategy was brilliant - he was thinking ahead by playing the grinders and resting the top guys. This way, with minimal playing time, the back-to-back games would have no effect on the scorers, who will be fresh for the next game in Phoenix.

By using this strategy, CJ eliminated the fatigue factor of back-to-back games in Western time zones.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beesbear. Show beesbear's posts

I couldn't agree more with bruinsfans88, good call , thats what was going on with the amount of time given to the 4th line, we'll be ready for tonight matchup.
     May not of been the prettist of goals last night but they all count, the bruins looked good ,,GO BRUINS GO...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

In Response to Re: Boston/Dallas: One Suggestion:
    [QUOTE]To all the people that are complaining about the 4th line getting too many minutes: Did it ever occur to you that, maybe, CJ was resting his top players for the next game? With the score 3-0, and the team in control of the game, there would be no reason to over-play the top lines. CJ's strategy was brilliant - he was thinking ahead by playing the grinders and resting the top guys. This way, with minimal playing time, the back-to-back games would have no effect on the scorers, who will be fresh for the next game in Phoenix. By using this strategy, CJ eliminated the fatigue factor of back-to-back games in Western time zones.
    Posted by Bruinfansince88[/QUOTE]

Disagree. I noticed the 4th line getting a major workload in the past game as well. You've got big money talent--use it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

I agree with Bsfan88.. If the big $ lines are not producing then don't use them!!! Maybe that will be a wake-up call and show everyone it's team first, NOT salary!!! If the fourth line is in more often and they win, then the others will not be so winded during the season and perhaps in the post season too. Two games in a row and they need the two wins for confidence and to get on a roll so don't play the top lines too much if you have a lead - only makes sense. Save them for the next night.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Dolts!

Shove : yer wake up calls
                needed to prove a point
                we need to rest them
                not producing

Last night the 4th line had more ice time after 1 and 2 periods than either other line, I checked after 3 they didn't.  This threw out the theory of resting top line. If he is proving points at this time of season then send em down or out. This is 2010 if these pro athletes can't play 20 mins a game, they should be in the beer leagues where every player wants to play 60.  The fourth line was not very good last night, they had the play taken to them more than they took it.  They were used too much to start a shift in the defensive zone and to start them after a 2 min commercial break(pis*s, pint and 2 commercials had to be 2 mins) in your own zone is absolutely ludicrous.

Your ice time is given in relation to the quality of player and this is also relative to salary.  The more you pay someone the better you expect them to produce and for longer period of time. Paying someone 5M for 15mins and someone 500K for 15 mins, just pay all these guys 500K. This is not minor hockey where everyone plays, everyone knows their roles and diminished capacities.

I understand that he has confidence in his 4th line, but do you not think other coaches are not drooling when its like sheesh Bergy's line is out there for 15 mins and our top line is out for 22. Basically they get their whole third period playing against a the non checking line.

The 4th line is similar to chickens with heads cut off. They race around in circles trying to create havoc. Granted we have talented 4th liners, Bitz and Begin can be 3rd liners and Thornton for a tough guy seems to have some hockey knowledge. The point is your 4th line doesn't get more mins than your other players, if you are going to do it you do it in the 3rd not the other way around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Last nite the Bruins played a very solid game in all 3 zones and it was the best 60 minute effort they have played all season. I watched the Dallas feed and even they said the Bruins had the jump on them in all fassets of the game and Dallas had no answer for them. It's great to see the guys playing a good team game and look alot more like last years Bruins. The way they played last nite is the type of game that means sucess and I hope it continues vs the Yotes. I would like to Krecji get more involved in the scoring but if he keeps working hard that will come.

GOOOOOOOOO BRUINSSSSSSSS

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Mark Stuart had a great game... best plus/minus on the team through 6.

(and, yes, it would have been great for Thornton to score on the breakout.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Boston/Dallas: One Suggestion:
    [QUOTE]Sobotka for Bitz. Simple. If Julien is going to play the fourth line as much as he has in this game, than Sobotka's talent over Bitz' bigger body has got to be realized. Everytime I really concentrated on the game tonight I saw Shawn Thornton running around out there, haha. They must have had more ice time than the first line!
    Posted by dhitch[/QUOTE]

With all due respect to Sobotka's talent, I disagree with you . Right now BITZ is part of the best 4th line in the nhl. He protects the puck from opposition like a musk ox protects it's young. Last night he made some real good moves from behind the net to out front for scoring decent scoring chances. As to the 4th line having the most ice time...what a luxury for the Bruins. How would you like to be Crawford after the game knowing the B's 4th line had the most minutes...and he lost 3 zip?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

If Sobotka or Marchand gets a call up, I would send Recchi or Sturm down. Not Bitz, he is doing his job. I understand this would take big balls, but Bill Belichick would do it if he felt it would help the team.

How 'bout Mark Stuart? I have been praising his for 2 years. This guy is the most consistent B since game one. He is solid and throws in solid hits every game. He is going to be in the NHL a long time as a #2/3 defenseman (not #1 because he will never score a lot).

Also, Boychuck looked better than Widemane, Ference and Hunwick have all year.

Peace out!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

You don't send Recchi or Sturm to the farm. If they were in a severe losing streak and you felt either of those two could benefit from "seeing the game from another angle"- maybe a game in the press box.I think you like Bitz so much that you are using hyperbole and must not truly believe that either Sturm or Recchi deserve a trip to the AHL. Still- a silly suggestion no matter what your reasoning bluefox70.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Boston/Dallas: One Suggestion:
    [QUOTE]How 'bout Mark Stuart? I have been praising his for 2 years. This guy is the most consistent B since game one. He is solid and throws in solid hits every game. He is going to be in the NHL a long time as a #2/3 defenseman (not #1 because he will never score a lot). Also, Boychuck looked better than Wideman, Ference and Hunwick have all year. Peace out! Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

How bout him Bluefox! Even whan Stuart got drilled he bounced right back up and didn't give the guy a whack with his stick to draw a penalty. Mark is a Bad A $ $!

I really hope Boychuk get's to stay up with the big boys and doesn't get sent on that lonely drive to Providence. One thing that I really like about Johnny is does not hesitate to shoot! Boychuk was a nice quiet pick up for PC two years ago.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

The reason the 4th line gets so much playing time is because for the first three games, they played the best. The other lines were underperforming, so you put your most effective line out there most. If it makes you feel  better to call it your first line instead of 4th, then make yourself happy. The line that is clicking the best plays the most. That's how it's always been in hockey. Once the top two lines start getting their act together (and they both looked a lot better after the tweak) then the 4th line's playing time will reduce.

Stop making a mountain out of a molehill.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from carloaz. Show carloaz's posts

Sobotka for Bitz. Good one...Sobotka for a box of crackers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

AHhah the Boston media obsession with B. Bitz is astounding. You are like a pack of zombies...biiiitz, mooore biiitz. The bottom line is this, anyone who bangs around a lot and has even a miniscule amount of talent 'fits the Bruin mold', or is the 'next cam neely'. Hilarious.

One guy above said it best, the fourth line are like chickens with their heads cut off, they run amok out there, causing havoc and throwing big hits and causing the occasional chance in the opposing end. It looks good, its fun to see guys that look like they are trying harder than a peewee player at tryouts, and they do do the job well in Boston, but still should be in a limited role people.

Sections
Shortcuts