Boston Goaltending (The Official Thread)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Can we keep this thread around and vent each time Boston loses a game by being outplayed in the crease? First it was Sabourin then Miller now Toskala.

Tim Thomas has looked abysmal again tonight, nice that Julien keeps standing up for the two goalies but questions need to be raised as divisional opponents continue to steal points away after being behind in the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972longtime. Show 1972longtime's posts

I have never been a fan of thomas.He is a feel good story,,but there was a reason it took him so long to get there.He will make spectacular saves but always lets in squeakers,Pretty well 1 per game anyways.I still say thats why Habs beat them last year.Game 2 he blew for sure,

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

You're right is was thomas' 30+ save night that lost us this game. Definitely not the bruins lack of scoring punch and finish. i'm so sick of "fans" complaining about the goaltending when both our goalies are pretty much holding up the fort (not overly spectacularly, but none the less) at the back end just hoping that the offense pots a couple in. Put Thomas in a team that can score and the fans would love him. The fact that the bruins can't score makes the goalies look bad. If you can't see that our problems are in the offense then stop watching please.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

Sorry to disagree with most of the posters here, but Thomas was not that bad. What does look bad is our horrid defense and distinct lack of scoring ability. There is absolutly no chemestry on this team. What chemistry we had was traded, dumped, or sent off with bags in hand. Remember that famous Boyes/Bergeron rush up the ice ending in that highlight reel goal...all gone.
    Now this team should be good enough to meld together, but they aren't. I have been a B's fan since 1970 and have seen hope every year up until the last half dozen, but I really don't find real problems with TT or MF. They aren't the best in the NHL, but they are far from the worst.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

We don't score because we are too busy playing defense try to cover up our poor goaltending. If you watched the first games of the season our offence was doing just fine but we had to focus on our defence because our goalies were and are stinking out the place. Our only hope is if MF finds his game soon if not were sunk.

I also blame CJ juggling the lines, we had 2 lines scoring now we have none.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bob2377. Show bob2377's posts

Here is my issue. They pass the puck to the points more than any team I've seen. But the forwards aren't going to the net. Bourque and Orr aren't back there. And even if they were, there still needs to be some traffic in front. Savard is behnd the net sending it back to the point. Defensemen usually shoot it into legs or wide(man).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

How was Thomas not that bad?! Did you even watch the game? Im not a hater at all, a die-hard B's fan that will always stand up for them...

...but with that said there were 2 goals in this game that should have been stopped. Period. Especially the game winner the squeaked through. If you cant make that save you should not be in an NHL net.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1972longtime. Show 1972longtime's posts

[Quote]You're right is was thomas' 30+ save night that lost us this game. Definitely not the bruins lack of scoring punch and finish. i'm so sick of "fans" complaining about the goaltending when both our goalies are pretty much holding up the fort (not overly spectacularly, but none the less) at the back end just hoping that the offense pots a couple in. Put Thomas in a team that can score and the fans would love him. The fact that the bruins can't score makes the goalies look bad. If you can't see that our problems are in the offense then stop watching please.[/Quote]

Its hard on teams when they know that if other teams get a shot it is in.30 saves you say,,and tons from way outside,,give me a break,,the guy slides over to the posts and can,t even stop himself.he flops aeround like a fish out of water,Even the announcers were laughing at him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

price s-cked against the flyers and needed 7 games to get by the bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Price was also a young little boy last year, cut him some slack...

Boston KNOWS rask is the answer..they just dont want to start his rookie year and his mandatory entry level contract to begin. As well, if Chiarelli drops Fernandez he might lose his job.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Speaking of highly touted goalies........I see Hannu Toivonen continues his stint playing for AHL affiliates. I remember watching him initially and thinking he was going to be special. However, after he had that serious high ankle injury, he never seemed to be the same.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

TT and the bs gets the shutout tonight in edmonton. Let's hope they can win again tomorrow night against a well rested vancouver team who last played on Saturday and before that, Tuesday. Hopefully they will be a little rusty with only 2 games in the past week.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptBubba. Show CaptBubba's posts

Shut out.

Two points.

Zip.

It.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mabou. Show mabou's posts

[Quote]Sorry to disagree with most of the posters here, but Thomas was not that bad. What does look bad is our horrid defense and distinct lack of scoring ability. There is absolutly no chemestry on this team. What chemistry we had was traded, dumped, or sent off with bags in hand. Remember that famous Boyes/Bergeron rush up the ice ending in that highlight reel goal...all gone.
    Now this team should be good enough to meld together, but they aren't. I have been a B's fan since 1970 and have seen hope every year up until the last half dozen, but I really don't find real problems with TT or MF. They aren't the best in the NHL, but they are far from the worst.
    [/Quote]

Hey daPope: Wasn't that famous rush and goal Bergeron and Sturm.
    Anyway, our scoring will be OK. Rask will be up mid-season and Thomas or Fernandez will be gone at the trading deadline.
    Relax guys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I do not know why people seperate themselve as TT fans and MF fans. We need both goalies to play well. The only way we will win a playoff round this year is with a well rested TT (Only played half the games) or if MF plays better and takes the number 1 spot. TT always gets tired afted 35 to 40 games and is not the same goalie after that by limiting his game we should keep him fresh. As long as we are more than 500 with MF in nets we need to keep the rotation going, it is working as both goalies are getting better every game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

another great game by timmy thomas that will end the silly Manny Fernando experiment and put timmy back in the number one slot where he belongs when he guides the bruins to yet another successfil year and playoff spot. this will be a big season for the B's and more than likely another allstar game for our own elite world class goaler timmy while the timmy hates hide on there own private chat board you know the fools i mean, drunk homeless give me a donut and bottle, data entry geek and la yapper.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Too much confidence in the slightly above average tim thomas.