Boston: The Anti-Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Boston: The Anti-Offense

I can't remember the last time I saw a team struggle so hard to score a goal. Ohh wait, yes I can...it was the Bruins two years ago when Glen Metropolit played on  line one with Savard! Now, two years later, and they've managed to rid of up and comer Phil Kessel and add aging grinder Steve Begin to line 1! (Who hasn't been half as good statistically as Metropolit's been in Montreal this year by the way!)

What an ungodly mess they have made in Boston from a team last year that looked poised to win the cup. Not a scoring winger to be found. You cant win with ONLY centermen Jules and Chia...you have offically found that out...the hard way.

Has Boston scored a single goal on this 3 game road trip? How many more of these awful awful games am I going to have to endure before a move is made?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

Re: Boston: The Anti-Offense

Where are the apologists saying what a great GM Chiarelli is?

The guy was the cheapest bottom of the barrel signing by Jacobs Inc and he has now blossomed into a mediocre at best GM with a slow as mollasses trigger finger when it comes to imroving this team.

The object is to build on success not regress from it.

Good call by JJ to double and triple ticker prices this year for the most stagnant team in the NHL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

I dunno, Chiarelli hasnt been awful. He is about on par with the average GM. It's tough to guess a guys development (Versteeg) at that age. Bochenski fooled a lot of people with that booming shot, not just Chiarelli.

I just wish it were easier to swing deals, or more GMs tried different players out of the same skill and salary range. Im jbitter at how inconsistent the scorers have been all season long on this team, clearly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Um..... we all know they were second in the league in scoring last year and are having trouble scoring consistently this year.  Any other brilliance you want to sprinkle on us?

They need a sniper! Hopefully PC gets one before the playoffs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Boston: The Anti-Offense:
    [QUOTE]Where are the apologists saying what a great GM Chiarelli is? The guy was the cheapest bottom of the barrel signing by Jacobs Inc and he has now blossomed into a mediocre at best GM with a slow as mollasses trigger finger when it comes to imroving this team. The object is to build on success not regress from it. Good call by JJ to double and triple ticker prices this year for the most stagnant team in the NHL
    Posted by Nolakanookie2[/QUOTE]

This apologist thinks he is doing a great job.. is setting up the Bruins for future sucess and not just a couple of years run with all the draft picks he is acquiring ...Plus I think he just signed a new contract this year and seven figures isn't exactly cheap is it?  H e is signing the players he wants for the Bruins and will continue to do so.. in case you don't know he is playing in a salary cap world where trades are too few and far between.. lots of teams would like to make trades, ie Philly, Rangers, to name a few that are in bad need of a shakeup , how come they haven't?   No fit with the dollars and players might be a cause.

Besides the untouchables on this team  right now PC would not be playing from a strong hand.. Who would you trade and expect a good return for in terms of scoring threat ?  really right now the way they are playing offensively  I am not to excited about any of the Bruins if I am an opposing GM?  Lots of guys on here are UNDERACHIEVING!  Sturm , Ryder, Wheeler, Krejci, Savard .. The Bruins need these guys to step up and score.... But I gather that is PC's fault.... 

I am sure PC knows his team and their shortcomings and has a plan to fix it but I think it is too early for that.. Besides there is a trade freeze on right now.. The trade deadline is best as basically any player they get will count less to the salary cap due to their original team paying 3/4 of their salary.. That's the game now..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

"Lots of guys on here are UNDERACHIEVING!  Sturm , Ryder, Wheeler, Krejci"

Actually, I think this is the issue that many fans have -

They are not underachieving, this is what they are. You can't plan your future on a 2 month streak from 12 months ago. A GM should know better...

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

The B's need to also re-evaluate choices for the Shootouts. They seem to always want to let Wheeler start, which is absurd. Ever since he scored on his first few shots as a rookie, Julien thinks the guy is the best one-on-one player and he's been terrible over the last 15 or so chances. Ryder is also lousy mostly. That's why I don't understand them not using Wideman or even Chara on a shootout. Wideman can make a move or two and Chara has such a booming shot, i can see the goalie running for cover if he's within 20 feet and no one around him. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

A. Defense -first oriented coach.
    B. Highest paid player on team is a large body with a long reach who also happens to have a very hard point shot. Not a smooth offense sniper or a big game center with skill.
    C. A group of average wingers who MAY score 20-25 goals if having one of their better seasons.
    D. A second group of forwards who are all thumbs and can only score on an open net...maybe.
    E. the highest scoring player left for another team because he didn't want to play for a defenseive style team...no one has stepped up to fill the void.

You were expecting an offesive dynamo this season?

This team will win games only by grinding out one and two goal victories.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VicRattlehead. Show VicRattlehead's posts

In Response to Re: Boston: The Anti-Offense:
    [QUOTE] You were expecting an offesive dynamo this season?

Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

You were expecting the second lowest scoring team in the NHL this season?

Sections
Shortcuts