BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins

ALL THAT MATTERS LEAFS 3-4-2 SINCE KESSEL RETURN  BIG DEAL  ON OTHER HAND BRUINS WTHOUT SAVARD 4-1-3 LAST 8   NOW WITH SAVY BACK THINGS LOOK EVEN BETTER

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackEdwards. Show JackEdwards's posts

Re: BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins

Kessel has 8 points in 9 games.

I thought Kessel could not score unless Savvy was feeding him the puck?

It is ok Bruins fans... You can admit the Bruins were wrong and still root for the team at the same time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoldOnBlack. Show GoldOnBlack's posts

In Response to Re: BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins:
    Kessel has 8 points in 9 games. I thought Kessel could not score unless Savvy was feeding him the puck? It is ok Bruins fans... You can admit the Bruins were wrong and still root for the team at the same time.
    Posted by JackEdwards

The bruins were not wrong, the price was too steep. You trolls think you tough our nerves with comments like this, but the NHL is a business and with the cap we ould no afford to pay Kessel. All that matters is where Kessel steers that ship to and all signs are poiting to the bottom of the standings. Two firsts is a bg price to pay for a piece of the puzzle that does nothing for your team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackEdwards. Show JackEdwards's posts

Price was too steep? Sir you must be kidding.

Look at Ryder and Sturms salary and then compare it to PJK.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Price was too steep? Sir you must be kidding. Look at Ryder and Sturms salary and then compare it to PJK.
    Posted by JackEdwards
    Comparing UFA's contracts to a guy in his early 20's? Sir I think you are the one that must be kidding.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lereve77. Show lereve77's posts

Kessel has about 10 more games left before he hurts himself. If Lucic doesn't get to him first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The price was much higher than anyone ever even guessed.  Not even hockey writers speculated his worth at 5 years @ 5.4 per.  Remember- a player is worth what a team is willing to pay him. PC underestimated the value of PK-he was hoping for about 4 or 4.5 mil/yr.  The B's right now have plenty of guys making way too much money too but the team set their value at contract time.

Since he has come back from his injury, Kessel has been producing almost every night.  He has earned the big paycheck in the few games he's played.  That hasn't turned into a lotta wins, but the team is registering a lot more points since he's arrived as compared to when he was on the injured list.  It is hard to evaluate PK based on wins because his team is so bad.  The kid has looked good and played well in the few games he's been in so you would have to say he is worth what they are paying him so far...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackEdwards. Show JackEdwards's posts

Kessel has about 10 more games left before he hurts himself. If Lucic doesn't get to him first.
    Posted by lereve77

Another clueless "Kessel is always injured" fool.

Shame on Kessel for getting cancer and mono. What a selfish player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

although I entirely agree with him I'm starting to hate JackEdwards, that picture creeps me out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackEdwards. Show JackEdwards's posts

although I entirely agree with him I'm starting to hate JackEdwards, that picture creeps me out
    Posted by dkrejci46

I have many fans and I would be honored to have you not be one of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kesell is a good young player..the bs could not pay him that much..their money wit sturm ryder was already had a contrac money..the money they had went to lucic and krejci and in a week to savard...now would u trade any of them for kessel?  i think not 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JackEdwards. Show JackEdwards's posts

kesell is a good young player..the bs could not pay him that much..their money wit sturm ryder was already had a contrac money..the money they had went to lucic and krejci and in a week to savard...now would u trade any of them for kessel?  i think not 
    Posted by bruins8

My friend they traded Kobasew, the Bruins are a little over $5 Million under the cap now. Kessel makes $5.2 Million. They could have paid him if they wanted to.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

In Response to Re: BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins : My friend they traded Kobasew, the Bruins are a little over $5 Million under the cap now. Kessel makes $5.2 Million. They could have paid him if they wanted to.
    Posted by JackEdwards
    He wanted out PERIOD.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins : He wanted out PERIOD.
    Posted by pauly1

I disagree- yeah he is a me-first guy, very selfish and immmature, not the hardest worker AND he has a boat-load of talent.  But- i'd say he wanted $$$$ period.  If the B's woulda ponied up 5.4 like TOR, he still be with us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins : I disagree- yeah he is a me-first guy, very selfish and immmature, not the hardest worker AND he has a boat-load of talent.  But- i'd say he wanted $$$$ period.  If the B's woulda ponied up 5.4 like TOR, he still be with us.
    Posted by stingerjp

And I am glad he is not with us.
    There is excellent potential for us to have not just ONE first overall pick from this trade, but TWO overall first picks.  Are you kidding?  Are you kidding?
    This has the potential to be the greatest gm move (in our favor) since moving 3 guys who's names I can't remember for Esposito, Marcotte and Stanfield.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The support for signing Kessel from I have read in the past 1000s posts was evident going back to last year, but he did not want to be with the Bruins period.  Now it did not happen.  He could be another Yvan Cournoyer or he could be another Marco Sturm.  More than likely he has the potential of being "road kill" if he the 1st statement above is correct. Colton Orr's pugilistic skills are included in that thought.  Meanwhile good luck to him.  May the "Make Beliefs" lose in copious amounts in the next two years!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

My god, the guy didn't want to be here, we got a ridiculous package back for him in the trade that allows you to A. trade for talent needed at trade dealine, B. draft high impact players, C. keep enough $$ for Lucic, Krejci, Savard, Raask, Wheeler, Stuart - if you kept Kessel, at least half of those players are gone. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DARVISH55. Show DARVISH55's posts

Kessel has 8 points in 9 games. I thought Kessel could not score unless Savvy was feeding him the puck? It is ok Bruins fans... You can admit the Bruins were wrong and still root for the team at the same time.
    Posted by JackEdwards

Ya OK, Calm yourself buddy. The fact he has 8 goals in 9 games doesnt take away from the fact they still cant win with him. Ya he had value when he was with us, you cannot dispute that. I still cant believe people keep falling for his lame a** break in the zone, swoop right and cut in move. that doesnt even fly in NHL10

Regardless, people keep talking about this kessel thing being a mistake when the team just didnt want to deal with his style of play ne more. It was a relationship that just didnt work and we got a SICK return from all of it. So great, let him get 50 pts for the shittiest team in the league, while we make moves and shoot for a Cup. HATER

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins : Ya OK, Calm yourself buddy. The fact he has 8 goals in 9 games doesnt take away from the fact they still cant win with him. Ya he had value when he was with us, you cannot dispute that. I still cant believe people keep falling for his lame a** break in the zone, swoop right and cut in move. that doesnt even fly in NHL10 Regardless, people keep talking about this kessel thing being a mistake when the team just didnt want to deal with his style of play ne more. It was a relationship that just didnt work and we got a SICK return from all of it. So great, let him get 50 pts for the shittiest team in the league, while we make moves and shoot for a Cup. HATER
    Posted by DARVISH55

You are right on.
    The question is whether or not Kessel can change and decide to risk taking a hit by trying to get deeper inside and not be so egotistical, you can actually see when he decides he's going to try to carry the puck all the way regardless of whether or not there is someone open further up ice.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by JackEdwards

TWO first round picks from a team that has an excellent chance of finishing last in the league for the next two years.

And this is a mistake?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

PHIL WHO ??????????????????????

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins : TWO first round picks from a team that has an excellent chance of finishing last in the league for the next two years. And this is a mistake? Posted by BadHabitude

Post of the Thread!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: BOTTOM LINE! kessel 9 games leafs 3 wins : My friend they traded Kobasew, the Bruins are a little over $5 Million under the cap now. Kessel makes $5.2 Million. They could have paid him if they wanted to.
    Posted by JackEdwards

no, your kind of off on that one. As of right now savard is on LTIR, so his cap hit is not on the books, the second he is made active, his salary counts again, so were probably more like 1.4-1.5 under the cap, I don't think Kessel wanted to play for that kind of money

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Guys, I love what they got in return for PK. However, don't be fooled the same thing B's management and the Sox for the matter have been pulling on us for decades:

*they'll offer a player 3.75-4mil when he's worth 5.4 mil.  When the player signs elsewhere, the team says 'he didn't want to play here'.  Shouldn't it be 'the team didn't want to pay him his value'?

How many of us would stay in our jobs if we only worked 10 years and could make 30-40% more doing the same thing for someone else? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

I hope Phil gets 50 goals...it will matter squat to a Laffs team that are basement dwellers.

Thanks for the picks.

Sections
Shortcuts