Bring in Frolov

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

Bring in Frolov

LA is done with Frolov. The Bruins should look into bringing him here. They could probably get him for their first rounder and a player. I know a bunch of you are going to say that the guy doesn't compete, but is that really what we need right now. The whole team competes hard but can not put the puck in the net. Frolov can score period. He has seasons of 35, 23, and 32 goals scored the past three seasons. Frolov matched up with Savard when he gets back will be dynamite. Get it done Chiarelli.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

Re: Bring in Frolov

Yeah ok he makes $4,000,000 where is the cap room going to come from him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

if they wait until the olympic break they could probably manage the cap hit, having savard and lucic on LTIR helps

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins12. Show bruins12's posts

In Response to Re: Bring in Frolov:
    [QUOTE]Yeah ok he makes $4,000,000 where is the cap room going to come from him?
    Posted by FairbanksAK[/QUOTE]

His cap hit is 2.9 so check your facts before you post and 2.9 is not a big figure for a 30 goal scorer. Package Ference in the deal with the B's first rounder and maybe a lower-tier prospect and drop Marchand or Sobotka back down to the AHL and there's the cap space.

Ference is not as worthless as people make him out to be.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

cap hit is indeed 2.9.....very affordable

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bring in Frolov : His cap hit is 2.9 so check your facts before you post and 2.9 is not a big figure for a 30 goal scorer. Package Ference in the deal with the B's first rounder and maybe a lower-tier prospect and drop Marchand or Sobotka back down to the AHL and there's the cap space. Ference is not as worthless as people make him out to be.
    Posted by bruins12[/QUOTE]

I didn't say anything about his cap hit I said he makes $4,000,000 this season. Who is going in a trade to make this happen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbanksAK. Show FairbanksAK's posts

[QUOTE]if they wait until the olympic break they could probably manage the cap hit, having savard and lucic on LTIR helps
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Right just like the last 2 seasons when they had LOADS of LTIR cap space and you know who would not authorize any of it spent.

2 seasons ago they had nearly 10 million of LTIR (Fernandez, Bergeron) they could have spent and not a dime was. Keep up the day dreaming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I could see the Kings being interested in several of our players.  Wideman, Ryder, Ferrence maybe even Sturm (yes I know about the no trade clause).  It appears Frolov just doesn't fit into to the lines and they don't like his passiveness on the ice.  Christ they have him moving to their 3rd line....he would be first line for us.
    Not saying a trade would ever be worked out, but I don't see why it couldn't be a possibility.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Take Denise Wideman and Ryder LA can have them Please.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

two years ago when they had all that LTIR room they were barely a playoff team, and the only guy worth trading for that could have made a major impact was Hossa. Well, the starting point for that trade was Krejci and Kessel....happy they didn't make that trade now?
    I know we disagree about Jacobs (not that i like the guy, i think hes awful i just don't think he affects the on ice product) but the team spends up to the cap, swung a trade at the deadline last year, and he even burried schaeffer in the minors for a season....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoolander0. Show zoolander0's posts

[QUOTE]two years ago when they had all that LTIR room they were barely a playoff team, and the only guy worth trading for that could have made a major impact was Hossa. Well, the starting point for that trade was Krejci and Kessel....happy they didn't make that trade now? I know we disagree about Jacobs (not that i like the guy, i think hes awful i just don't think he affects the on ice product) but the team spends up to the cap, swung a trade at the deadline last year, and he even burried schaeffer in the minors for a season....
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Always some excuse for the brainless wonder that is dkrejci46. Give it up your a clown.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

So the 2008 Bruins, with the addition of (i.e.) Hossa, would have been Cup contenders?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

How close is LA to the cap?  I know they just resigned their young D-man and goalie for an extension....Ryder might not fit salary wise....but I would say Ryder/Ference or Ryder/Wideman might be a decent package.  I don't think the kings care about draft picks, their already loaded with young talent.
    Although moving any D-man would make us awfully thin at the blue-line.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

excuses and explanations are very different things.....moving krejci and kessel + picks for hossa would have been making a move for the sake of making a move, and would have been very short sited.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah ok he makes $4,000,000 where is the cap room going to come from him?
    Posted by FairbanksAK[/QUOTE]
    Ryder
    sturm
    Recchi
    theres about $8m

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoolander0. Show zoolander0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bring in Frolov : Ryder sturm Recchi theres about $8m
    Posted by epavao[/QUOTE]

No trade clauses... I believe for Ryder and Sturm

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Bruins Players with No Trade Clauses..

Tim Thomas
    Marc Savard
    Zdeno Chara
    Marco Sturm

No mas..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Frolov's cap hit is 2.9 and I believe he is a FA at the end of the season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Here's the Kings Payroll....

Over 3 million in space...

Notice that Quick makes more money for a longer period of time then Rask....I think we got a steal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

The B's payroll...just in case you want to check it out.

600,000 Free Space

We would need to move 2.3 million to fit Frolov

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

not exactly tuukkainNet, nhlnumbers.com

thats a better site
    we should wind up saving about a million for savard and lucic being on LTIR.....so if you send down an AHLer thats up, should work out just fine

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoolander0. Show zoolander0's posts

Forget it folks, barring a minor trade/buyout/pickup at the deadline this is the group we're going to have to ride with for the rest of this season...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

If you really take a look at the B's contracts you'll notice, salary wise, we are actually in good shape to resign Savvy and possible make other moves.  Murry is off the books at 1.3 million at the end of the season.  Rask's cap hit drops from 3.2 to 1.5.  I can only assume that if we resign Wheeler his cap hit will go down as well (it's 2.6 right now).  
    With the play we have seen so far I would resign Pailie for a similar contract. Stuart should be resigned. Morris (3.3.) Recchi (1.7) Ference (1.4) Thornton (.5) Boychuck (.5) Begin (1.8) Sobotka (.75) and Stuart (1.3) all have expiring contracts of over 11 mil combined.  With the exception of Stuart none of these players would make much more then they are making right now.

Any Thoughts??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zoolander0. Show zoolander0's posts

[QUOTE] Rask's cap hit drops from 3.2 to 1.5.  
    Posted by TuukkainNet[/QUOTE]

For the last time people I see this all the time THERE IS A BONUS CUSHION THIS SEASON!

Rask is only counting 850k against the cap, he could earn up to 3.2 million if he hit all his bonuses (which he wont) but the most he will count against the cap is 850k no matter what he does.

Add Lucic's 4 Million to that as well next season.