Bruins: 2001-02; 2003-04 records

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

I wish everyone would take a step back and calm down. We've seen this all before with the Bruins it is nothing new. Dazzle in the regular season and then crumble come April. Let them actually win a playoff round first before we start talking about the Cup!

Boston Bruins 2001-02

#1 seed in Eastern Conference

43-24-9-6 101 Points = First round flop

Boston Bruins 2003-04

#2 seed in Eastern Conference

41-19-15-7 104 Points = First round flop

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

03 04 I could not label a "flop"!

Bruins had Raycroft in net and an injured ZERO points in 7 games Jumbo Joe! Joe was about 90% of the reason for that 104 pt total that season!

Wasn't 01-02 Byron DaFlop? Who quickly retired from the NHL after the Bruins refused to pay him 3+Mil a season. (This was actually a great move by MOC)

Anyway if they can avoid Montreal, I think they'll be alright!

I am not perdicting a cup this year, but every year 16 teams make the playoffs and as history shows..any one of those 16 teams has a chance!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

No, we haven't seen this before. Those teams were a collection of spare parts thrown together. Both had suspect defence and goaltending, little depth and no heart. This team has been built mostly from within plays like a team and has two very good goalies and a boat load of heart. Last year was the first time any Bruins team down 3-1 forced a 7th game. We added Ryder who well not earning his 4 mill is certainly an upgrade over Muzz. We added Wheeler who needs work but scores often. We got both Bergeron and Fernandez back from injury. We have a very good team here, although we will need to be healthy and lucky to make it to the finals and give it a shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rlprentiss. Show rlprentiss's posts

But both of those years we didnt have as much depth like now. Those two teams really only had one line that could score. This year so far we can count on all of the line scoring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Hmm, got some bad news...it looks like the 1954 Boston Bruins had a similar record through 20 games, but they ended up with a below .500 record. So lets all just calm down, this looks like it might be a pattern and it is just a matter of time before they start bombing. Because i mean, if it happened to that Bruins team with completely different players and coaches, it will probbaly happen to this team too, right?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

[Quote]Hmm, got some bad news...it looks like the 1954 Boston Bruins had a similar record through 20 games, but they ended up with a below .500 record. So lets all just calm down, this looks like it might be a pattern and it is just a matter of time before they start bombing. Because i mean, if it happened to that Bruins team with completely different players and coaches, it will probbaly happen to this team too, right? [/Quote]

You're right. Sorry to bring facts to the discussion. It's so much easier to act like a litte child like you and stomp my feet like you do.

I'm sure this is the year.

p.s. how many years have you been saying that to yourself?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Hey BlkGold67-3,

Who says this year's B's are going to win the Cup? I haven't heard anyone say that. But it is great to watch them progress, which clearly they're doing.

Based on the "facts" you referred to...records of past, failed B's clubs...you must have been one of the Sox fans who believed in "the Curse"?

Different team, different management, "new NHL"...one's got nothing to do with the other. Come up with something else, woodja?

Sections
Shortcuts