Thornton Sabotka Colbourne/Caron

D D
    Chara Boychuk
    Wideman Hunwick
    Stuart Ference
    G
    Rask
    Sabourin/Turco

This is what I'm imagining since we really have no $ to sign FA's. 

We are getting Hall or Seguin, either will play.  Personally, I love the idea of a Lucic, Krejci, Seguin line for years to come

Resign Boychuk, Stuart, McQuaid; Forget Seidenberg.

If we get Seguin, offer Ryder, Hamill, Marchand, B's 2011 1's rounder to FLA for Horton. If this doesn't work, try to sign Afinogenov to 1 or 2 year deal at low cost, he only made 800K this year.

Resign Recchi and Sabotka; pick one between satan and Wheeler, I would choose Wheeler at the right price. 

If you dump Thornton, try to get Shelley, Ivanans, or Brad May.  Shelley and Ivanans are much more feared than Thornton but just as useless on skates.  Same price range

Trade Thomas for damn near anything to shed salary

RFA possibilites
    LW - Upshall (made 1.5M this year) and David Clarkson (LW - 875K this year)

What you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: Bruins 2011

Forget Seidenberg?? Why would you do that? He was our #2 D - he NEEDS to be resigned. Let Hunwick be the 7th D watching games next season. McQuaid - you can get anyone like him. Tough to see Sobotka returning with the B's. Let Wheeler and Satan walk. What about Ellis as the back-up to Rask if by any mircale we trade TT's contract (I would miss TT, but not his cap hit), younger and probably cheaper.
    We have $10mill +/- this offseason to use. Seidenberg, Stuart and Boychuck for D, hopefully another year of Recchi (Make him Captain already) and then fill in the gaps like we did with Begin or call-ups (Colborne or Caron).

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I was thinking of Ellis as a backup as well. I think we should def try to trade guys like Thomas, Ryder and even Wideman. I think we can get a goal scorer for Thomas like a David Perron or someone, amongst another player or so from St. Louis, Ryder we could just get a draft pick or decent defenseman from a team needing offensive help that has a decent amount of cap space (possibly New Jersey-maybe get someone on defense like Andy Greene), and for Wideman a team with a decent amount of cap space needing offensive help-CAR, Tampa, Islanders, etc.

Like I've said in previous posts (providing we get rid of some cap munching guys-ryder, thomas, wideman) I'd really like to see us make an effort to get Devin Setoguchi from San Jose. With Nabokov, Marleau and Provelski amongst others needing raises they will have some tough decisions to make, Setoguchi could be the odd man out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

What one gets or wants are two different things..What I would want is Boychuck Stuart and Seidenburg back and hope Alexandrov can be signed and can step in..keep Hunwick and McQuaid....goodbye to Wideman and Ference...Like the idea of Recchi coming back for one more year and giving him or Stuart the captaincy..If Ryder can be moved great but that heavy contract makes that iffy and might have to go with him...he did play somewhat better at the end of the year and is noted for picking up his game when its contract time so who knows...I dont think Satan will take minimum money again and will want a pay raise to stay...cant blame him but he is likely history... Sturm is likely done and they can dump him however...Wheeler gets another shot along with Paille and guys like Begin Whitfeild and Thornton ...see Ya..Subotka is a keeper but I feel Savards blaming him for that infamous too many men call will spell his demise in Boston... I think Rask and Thomas is still possible...Fill in the gaps with youth Colbourn, Caron, Sauve, Marchand maybe Soderburg...I know most of this is wishful thinking and won't happen but thats my wish list !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

This is obviously a tentative line up, but this is what I would want and think is most likely, and then I will explain some points below.

Lucic Savard Perron*
    Sauve Krejci Ryder
    Caron**Bergeron Recchi
    Seguin Marchand Thornton***

Chara Seidenberg
    Wideman Boychuk****
    Stuart Ference

*Perron is one of MANY excellent RFA's available this offseason.  While I think most will be signed, there must be some draft day moves for some of these guys because of the supposed depth of this draft.  Perron is a perfect player for this system, he seems to be a younger mark Recchi in front of the net with more offensive upside.  More RFA's: James Neal (DAL), Setoguchi (SJS), Wolski, Kulemin, Mason Raymond, Hornqvist; not all of these guys will be resigned by their teams.

** I think that Caron has a chance to come on strong and make it out of training camp, a la Lucic.  He is physical, not as physical as Lucic but he also has more offense than Lucic does.

***I put Thornton here as a default because I don't think he will be back, although I want him to be here.  Other UFA grinders available are McGrattan (CGY) or Barch (DAL)

****I think, if Stuart is as much of a leader on this team and Seidenberg really wants to get a deal done, there is no reason why all three including Boychuk can be signed.  I am realistic, however, and don't see that happening.  It is a coin flip on who goes, they are all valuable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I'd really like a James Neal or Devin Setoguchi. Setoguchi is more likely though considering SJS will have some tough decisions to make (Provelski, Nabakov, Marleau, etc.).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I've resisted the other 50 threads of lineup speculation - mostly - but eye says he wants to see Lucic-Krejci-Seguin, and that's been my call for a while.  So - here's how I think the season will start:

Wheeler-Savard-Sauve*
    Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Recchi-Bergeron-Ryder
    Paille-Caron-Marchand**

Chara-Seidenberg
    Stuart***-Wideman
    Ference-Alexandrov

Rask - Thomas

* I don't see Wheeler being gone for two reasons: it wouldn't be easy or cheap to sign someone to replace him, and no team will offer him enough to pry him away. The other wing is up for competition with Sturm out (Wheeler would flip to RW if Sturm were healthy), and I'm guessing Sauve's game is simple enough to translate quickly.  Could be Colborne, could be Caron.

** Caron's played plenty of centre - enough to start there even if his future is on the wing.  I don't think Begin is back and I don't think Sobotka's back - he's the scapegoat that keeps Savard's new deal clean.  I'd guess the spot rotates over the course of the year with guys being on a short leash and Hamill, Colborne, maybe Arniel, and even Soderberg if he does come over seeing a game or two in this role.  But Caron gets first crack because he's best suited to a fourth-line game.

*** I'm 50-50 on what happens with Stuart/Boychuk - in this scenario, the Bruins let Boychuk walk.  I'm guessing it plays out in the days leading up to July 1,maybe at or after the draft.  I can also see the Bruins dealing Stuart and something for a winger to play with Savard, in which case, Boychuk probably slots in and the pairings become Chara-Boychuk, Seidenberg-Wideman.  Seems likely that Seidenberg is back and Wideman won't be gone - sorry.  Hunwick doesn't seem likely to stay - PC wants consistency, and only Wideman was less consistent.  Alexandrov sounds like a chance to get new talent in play, so I'm guessing he beats McQuaid for the spot, though it could also be Ference who gives way to Alexandrov.

Thomas stays.  The Collapse suggests that the Bruins need a fresher Rask, and Thomas wants to compete.

Now that I've done this, I realize I don't care if I'm right - except about the Krejci line.  I want the lines to result from competition and chemistry next year and not reputation, contract, and history.  That's the only way this team will change it's culture.  No gifts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

bookboy you are usually reasonable, but, I do not see Ryder in the top 3 lines. His lack of performance says 4th line or Buyout. I like losing Ference; I like Thomas staying, total cost for goal is $6.5, cheaper than many others and more talent for the buck. Trading both Stuart and Hunwick is realistic. Losing Begin/Paille/Thornton is a go with a more talented/younger trio on 4th line. I would prefer to see Caron with Savard or Bergie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Thornton OUT
    Marchand Providence
    Begin OUT
    Paille OUT
    McQuaid Providence
    Sobotka TRADE
    Satan Keep at $1MM

New players Seguin, Caron-Coborne-sodenbergh-Lehtonen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

i was just wondering if anyone knew what the buy out for ryder would be?  id love to see the B,s just go young right from day one....let colbourn,caron,marchand,sauve & maybe lehtolen learn the nhl game.....with these saving go out & get a good solid dman....wow i wish they hadnt signed ference so soon   lucic-krecji-sauve  colbourn-savard-seguin  marchand-bergeron-caron paille-sobotka-wheeler   when sturm returns replace who doesnt belong   recchi replaces geoff ward

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

You guys are nutty!, your wish list are nice but so unrealistic. I don't see much change this year or next. Cap is to HIGH.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Pucman. 1.33 million for a Ryder Buyout I believe, per www.capgeek.com

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

thanks shaunk....thats pretty low   4-5th rd pick or see ya! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Why are people acting stupid and suggesting that we get rid of Sobotka. He's cheap, young and fills into the 4th center role just right. He was great for us in the Buffalo series, and he's still filling out his potential. They're not going to move big contracts because this isn't a market where we can move bad contracts. If we're lucky we'll be able to move Thomas, provided that he actually waives his NTC.

Chiarelli isn't going to change much because he can't. He'll do what he sees fit and what Jacobs permits him. I'm hopeful that they can change things, but I wouldn't expect a lot. 

And come on people how old are we to keep mispelling names, please do some research and find the correct spelling of the players' names.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Lucic Savard Seguin(though Hall this should be halls spot)
    Ryder Krecji Caron/Soderberg/FA
    Recchi Bergeron Sturm
    Paille Sobokta Marchand

Good chance that seguin might not even make the team. No doubt Hall would make the team in his first tryout at the pro level. But seguin with one year of ahl experience will be ready in the nhl

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Seguin would go back to Plymouth if he doesn't make the roster immediately. The NHL has an agreement with the CHL to return players under 20 to the CHL should they not make the NHL roster. And I wouldn't count the Soderberg egg until it hatches, even if he comes over he's not on track to fulfill his talent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

i would be disappointed if Seguin does not make the team.  So what if he struggles a bit, they need to get these top 1st rounder's NHL experience right away because their talent is just so off the charts and will have a huge impact on the team's performance within a half a year or the year.  Look at Stamkos' first year, which everyone counted as a difficult one: 20 goal, 20 assists.  That's 2 goals less than our top scorer this year.  If the kid has the potential to score 40-50 the next year, you get him that NHL experience right away.  Don't waste him back in the OHL.  But I can see PC giving some stupid, weak-kneed excuse for Seguin not making the team.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins 2011:
    i would be disappointed if Seguin does not make the team.  So what if he struggles a bit, they need to get these top 1st rounder's NHL experience right away because their talent is just so off the charts and will have a huge impact on the team's performance within a half a year or the year.  Look at Stamkos' first year, which everyone counted as a difficult one: 20 goal, 20 assists.  That's 2 goals less than our top scorer this year.  If the kid has the potential to score 40-50 the next year, you get him that NHL experience right away.  Don't waste him back in the OHL.  But I can see PC giving some stupid, weak-kneed excuse for Seguin not making the team.
    Posted by shaunk

He won't struggle.  He will play in the NHL next season.  If he doesn't, no one in the whole draft will.  He's going to be surrounded by a better team than Stamkos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

If you let Paille walk better find someone with his speed and can work the best PK in the NHL. Same with Sobotka you have to replace his ornery style he gets under other teams skins ask Philly and Buffalo. Not scorers but workers have a job to do at limited ice time.

Thornton could be replaced by someone who can skate at the same price definitely. Sturm on the LTIR will a brief 2 or 3 month cap relief. Man if PC could find taker for Ryder what a relief that would be only if!? I would pass Michael through waivers let him play in Reading if no one will take his contract.

Gotta get Savard a winger should be priority after drafting Seguin and moving up for a Dman so unloading TT and Ryder should be on PCs front burner as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

wheeler-krejci-ryder....please no!!!!!!!  weve seen enough of that line   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Lucic - Savard - Horton
    Suave - Krejci - Seguin
    Sturm - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Sobotka - Thornton
    Caron/Colborne

Chara - Gonchar
    Seidenberg - Stuart
    Boychuk - Ference
    McQuaid/Penner

Rask
    Auld