Bruins already in midseason form

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

Bruins already in midseason form

Still can't score on the PP

Awful defense, Chara gagging it away on numerous occasions

Clode doing dumb things like putting Wheeler on the PP? Are you serious?

Not much energy or "heart"

Clode may not last the season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Re: Bruins already in midseason form

I agree.  I always defended Claude Julien and still think he is a good coach but since the Flyers cameback in the playoffs I think we need a change...there is no passion.  We need someone that will bring passion to this team and more offensive minded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Bruins already in midseason form:
    [QUOTE]Still can't score on the PP Awful defense, Chara gagging it away on numerous occasions Clode doing dumb things like putting Wheeler on the PP? Are you serious? Not much energy or "heart" Clode may not last the season.
    Posted by BoonieMcKutchins[/QUOTE]

This game is reason enough to be fired.  Seriously.

If you would have told me last night that Shawn Thornton would win 2 face offs cleanly and Wheeler was hustling for lose pucks and Rask was playing the way he is I would have thought the Bruins won 5-0.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

I gotta agree with you BadHabitude...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Time for you three to find another team.

With all your insight, why is it you stooges are not working in the NHL?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

ssags, don't straw-man anyone, we've been on these boards much longer than you...

If I was a band-wagon fan, I would have been on the Caps boards a long time ago, at least that team plays with heart.

I want better for the Bruins, ...talent is hard to come by, but fans in every sport deserve effort. Paying money for half-hearted lolly-gagging just makes me feel dirty; it feels like prostitution

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

LOL really like that makes you an expert but if you want to get technical, my join date is before yours.

Anyhow, I have been watching since the Orr played the game, I bet you're still a might mite. 

Doesn't matter, your BS all morning during the first 40 minutes of the season shows what you are.   How did the NHL miss you and not hire you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

Ssags, you're straw-manning me again, you have no idea who I am. Please stop.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins already in midseason form:
    [QUOTE]Ssags, you're straw-manning me again, you have no idea who I am. Please stop.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

I do that to people that talk out their a**. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

......YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHO I AM.

NONE. Keep acting like you have a clue.

how about this, You make a single point about hockey.. just start talking about the game.. start talking about the Bruins.... I'll run circles around you....

Just start, say anything.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]LOL really like that makes you an expert but if you want to get technical, my join date is before yours. Anyhow, I have been watching since the Orr played the game, I bet you're still a might mite.  Doesn't matter, your BS all morning during the first 40 minutes of the season shows what you are.   How did the NHL miss you and not hire you?
    Posted by ssags111[/QUOTE]

OK, what are you seeing?  Other than ragging on us, do you have an opinion on this game?

Like what you see?  You happy with this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

I'd say YOU guys are in midseason from.

get a room.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

It's game one of the season and most of your comments have been fire this guy, this team blows, bench him, trade that...I mean seriously WTH?  It's typical Red Sox attitude being shown on the Bruins.  It's old and tiresome and this game is not even over. 

How about the B's showing resilience in the third and climbing back in against a very good Western team that would probably been in the top 3 in the East last year.  First line looks pretty good.  Seguin is doing some good things for a 18 yr old, looks better than Jumbo Joe's first game.  Bergy's line looks decent too.  Yeah , Hunwink is not having a good game but obviously the NHL caliber experts think he is a a top 6 d-man for THIS team.

Whether you three like it or not, you do not work for any NHL team so, you are just screaming like children.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]It's game one of the season and most of your comments have been fire this guy, this team blows, bench him, trade that...I mean seriously WTH?  It's typical Red Sox attitude being shown on the Bruins.  It's old and tiresome and this game is not even over.  How about the B's showing resilience in the third and climbing back in against a very good Western team that would probably been in the top 3 in the East last year.  First line looks pretty good.  Seguin is doing some good things for a 18 yr old, looks better than Jumbo Joe's first game.  Bergy's line looks decent too.  Yeah , Hunwink is not having a good game but obviously the NHL caliber experts think he is a a top 6 d-man for THIS team. Whether you three like it or not, you do not work for any NHL team so, you are just screaming like children.

saying "trade chara", "bench Rask" is ridiculous.
    saying "bench hunwick" or "fire Julien" is totally legit.

But as far as your suggestion that unless you work for an NHL team,you don't know what you are talking about--I would say thats an insult to everyone here, and is also completely un-true, evident by the massive percentage of people who have been playing hockey/coaching hockey/absorbing hockey knowledge for their entire lives that DO NOT work for an NHL team.

it doesn't even matter though, be on these boards long enough and  you'll see that people judge you based on the content of your arguments, not by your childish insults and snap judgement about people you've never met and never had more than a one-sentence conversation with behind your computer monitor. It's a dime-a-dozen know-nothing troll mentality, and I've seen people like you come and go for years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]It's game one of the season and most of your comments have been fire this guy, this team blows, bench him, trade that...I mean seriously WTH?  It's typical Red Sox attitude being shown on the Bruins.  It's old and tiresome and this game is not even over.  How about the B's showing resilience in the third and climbing back in against a very good Western team that would probably been in the top 3 in the East last year.  First line looks pretty good.  Seguin is doing some good things for a 18 yr old, looks better than Jumbo Joe's first game.  Bergy's line looks decent too.  Yeah , Hunwink is not having a good game but obviously the NHL caliber experts think he is a a top 6 d-man for THIS team. Whether you three like it or not, you do not work for any NHL team so, you are just screaming like children.

Seguin - played great.
    Thornton - saw him win 2 face offs clean.  Speaking of WTH - Thornton winning face offs clean?
    Horton - all he was advertised.
    Rask - played outstanding.
    Bergeron - excellent.
    Wheeler - showing me a lot, HUGE turn around for the better from last year.

Ryder -playing way too conservative, WAY too long to get the shot off.
    Hunwick - have those NHL caliber experts been watching him lately.

So - why did they lose??
    The Score was really  Coyotes 5 - Horton 2.  And that says more than simply Horton scoring 2 by himself, it says to me that there was a total lack of cohesion on the part of the Bruins.

Who else to blame but coaching?   How did they look prepared?  Making an adjustment in the 2nd intermission - when it SHOULD have been made at the 9 minute mark of the first period?

You don't question this?  Want to give me some explanation of why they lost this?

Don't bring 'nhl caliber' experts into this.  Its not a qualification for being on this board. 

There are 2 -3 on this board who can easily match up with some 'nhl caliber experts'.

Plus, some of the IDIOTS on this board have picked up nuances that everyone else missed, including some of the better posters.  Most all are worth reading, except for the TOTAL IDIOTS who never have anything to say.

Most of those 'nhl caliber experts' watch the whole league and don't know the Bruins as well.

Would you call Eklund an 'nhl  caliber expert'?  I can easily name 6 posters more knowledgeable.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

amen, BadHabitude.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

Right fire a career .611 winning percentage coach, you are brilliant. It's one freaking game.

And what is this, I haven't been around long enough, can you read, I have been on here LONGER than you.  Over 8 months longer so, whatever point is you are trying to make, it is incorrect nevermind that it is a complete non-sequitar.

BadHabit always backs up his points and he basically saw what I saw.  You on the other hand have spouted off on every thread saying nothing but cries and whines like a pink hat wearing Red Sox fan.

Why would they start a fight over Rask being run when Upshaw didn't run Rask he was pushed into Rask?   But here you are ripping the team over heart when that was the correct response at that time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins already in midseason form : Seguin - played great. Thornton - saw him win 2 face offs clean.  Speaking of WTH - Thornton winning face offs clean? Horton - all he was advertised. Rask - played outstanding. Bergeron - excellent. Wheeler - showing me a lot, HUGE turn around for the better from last year. Ryder -playing way too conservative, WAY too long to get the shot off. Hunwick - have those NHL caliber experts been watching him lately. So - why did they lose?? The Score was really  Coyotes 5 - Horton 2.  And that says more than simply Horton scoring 2 by himself, it says to me that there was a total lack of cohesion on the part of the Bruins. Who else to blame but coaching?   How did they look prepared?  Making an adjustment in the 2nd intermission - when it SHOULD have been made at the 9 minute mark of the first period? You don't question this?  Want to give me some explanation of why they lost this? Don't bring 'nhl caliber' experts into this.  Its not a qualification for being on this board.  There are 2 -3 on this board who can easily match up with some 'nhl caliber experts'. Plus, some of the IDIOTS on this board have picked up nuances that everyone else missed, including some of the better posters.  Most all are worth reading, except for the TOTAL IDIOTS who never have anything to say. Most of those 'nhl caliber experts' watch the whole league and don't know the Bruins as well. Would you call Eklund an 'nhl  caliber expert'?  I can easily name 6 posters more knowledgeable.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

You basically saw what I saw.  Not the biggest fan of Hunwick but obviously he beat out everyone else in camp.  JC is not the only one making personal decisions, the front office has something to do with it also.  They are seeing something we are not.  These guys are not picked on trees but are chosen due to talent. 

There is nothing worth reading Eklund ever posts.  I don't really have much issue with what you post, you always back yourself up with logic. 

I just think it is WAY too early to go off the deep end and start acting like Dan Shaunessy. Let's see where the B's are come December before screaming for major change. 

I didn't think Bergy's line was that horrible and certainly Krecji's line looked solid.  This is the NHL these days. Usually, two good lines and two semi-good lines.  I don't expect this defense to play as bad as they did today, this was the best 6 defenseman in the league last year.  Maybe a ton of rust right now and they did start off slow but again, too early to tell.  Give it some time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]Right fire a career .611 winning percentage coach, you are brilliant. It's one freaking game. And what is this, I haven't been around long enough, can you read, I have been on here LONGER than you.  Over 8 months longer so, whatever point is you are trying to make, it is incorrect nevermind that it is a complete non-sequitar. BadHabit always backs up his points and he basically saw what I saw.  You on the other hand have spouted off on every thread saying nothing but cries and whines like a pink hat wearing Red Sox fan. Why would they start a fight over Rask being run when Upshaw didn't run Rask he was pushed into Rask?   But here you are ripping the team over heart when that was the correct response at that time.

this is my third account. banned a few times by the nazi- boston globe, but all my accounts have Olsonic in the title.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Right fire a career .611 winning percentage coach, you are brilliant. It's one freaking game. And what is this, I haven't been around long enough, can you read, I have been on here LONGER than you.  Over 8 months longer so, whatever point is you are trying to make, it is incorrect nevermind that it is a complete non-sequitar. BadHabit always backs up his points and he basically saw what I saw.  You on the other hand have spouted off on every thread saying nothing but cries and whines like a pink hat wearing Red Sox fan. Why would they start a fight over Rask being run when Upshaw didn't run Rask he was pushed into Rask?   But here you are ripping the team over heart when that was the correct response at that time.

If you saw what I saw you'd be calling for his head, too.

Never mind the .611 % of his career, what if he were winning the division and you were going to go into the playoffs with him?   Would you fire him then?

My opinion, every coach has a shelf life.  Each coach has x number of pre game speaches.  Once they say them all, they are done.  happens to all of them, the best of the, happened with Scotty Bowman.  CJ's expiration date has use by April 2010 on it.  Been in the fridge 6 months too long.  Doesn't smell  good.  Not to me anyway.

CJ coaches like Ryder shoots and Ryder shoots as fast as most golfers tee off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

My post on firing julien in the summer of 2009... but yeah. nice to meet you.

"In 2007 The New Jersey Devils had the best record in the Eastern Conference during the regular season. In a shocking move, the Devils fired their coach, Claude Julien, before the playoffs even began. Until now, I was astonished by this move. I assumed that the Devil’s organization was run by apes. After watching the Bruins in 2009, I fully understand the Devil’s decision, and I hope that the current Bruins management can figure out that this team cannot win a cup with such a stubborn, one dimensional coach.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that my bitterness has died down from the end of the season, I have been able to separate the emotions from my more solid lines of thinking. Unfortunately, all of my analysis keeps coming back to one tough but critical point: The system the Bruins play is not suited for a team trying to win a Stanley cup. Furthermore, Julien is too stubborn of a coach to be able to grow this team into anything but a consistently average playoff team.

Simply stating, “the system” is ambiguous, so I will try to explain the problems within the context of game 7 of the playoffs, and also give some historical perspective on Claude Julien and how his stubbornness and linear hockey thinking have already kept this team from its first Stanley cup in many years.

The first reason Julien caused the Bruins to lose in the playoffs was because he failed to change the forecheck. The forecheck stayed the same even at the most critical times like in game seven when they were down by a goal in the third period. I remember watching game seven and screaming at the screen when I saw Marc Savard out by his own blue line early in the 1st lines shift in the 3rd period. Now the reason Savard was there wasn’t because he was out of position. The reason he was there, is because the Bruins lock a winger high to prevent odd man rushes, and to control the neutral zone during transition. This is basically a trapping system designed to keep the puck in the offensive zone, but do so in a defensive manner rather than an attacking manner. I’m sorry Claude, when you are down by a goal in the third period of game 7, you need to put two men on the puck, and have the third guy willing to take chances by supporting low to put pressure on the NET, not simply dump and chase and hope for a turnover.

Over the course of a full season, playing the trapping system of Julien’s design will pay off. The Bruins will win more games than they will lose. They might even be the best team in their conference. This is because in the regular season teams are sloppier, and the bruins will take advantage of the large amount of games against poor teams. But in the playoffs, the teams are not only more skilled, but more focused and hard-working: They move the puck better, skate faster, score more. The Carolina Hurricanes hardly had a problem skating through the bruins like they were pylons in center ice. Getting into the zone was not a problem for them, yet Julien was so stubborn, he decided that they would go with the horse that got them to the playoffs, without adjusting to the moment even though the lock was clearly not effective.

The second reason Julien caused the Bruins to lose in the playoffs, was because Julien didn’t trust his best players to carry the team at critical moments. During the regular season, Julien became desensitized to the skill differences between his players, and he was convinced that it was only the team’s depth that made it successful. Julien became obsessed with the bruin’s depth, and he failed to realize that there is a time and a place to shorten the bench. It was either overwhelming stubbornness or just pure stupidity that caused him to send out the 4th line for a regular shift in game seven of the conference semi-finals.

Now, when I was watching the game, I saw the Krejci line buzzing the net every time they were out on the ice in the third period. My brother and I were texting back and forth that we thought Bitz was gonna bury the game winner. But much to my surprise, at the end of their shift, it took them almost 3 minutes and 30 seconds to get out onto the ice again. In between this extensive time period considering the magnitude of the moment, I was horrified to see Yelle and Axellson out there. Now it wasn’t that they played poorly, but they literally played so mediocre that as a fan I could just feel the seconds ticking off the clock. These seconds were precious and could have been goal scoring chances, but instead they were filled with defensive “high percentage” lameness that most coaches would have realized would result from a 4th line’s shift. Claude, you have a team full of great players, and you also have good ROLE players. But your role players are not there to score goals, and during a time when the Bruins needed a goal the most, Julien had the role players out on the ice trying to do just that.

Unfortunately, this is where ownership rears its ugly head again in the post-salary cap era. Jacobs is thrilled with having a team that will contend during the regular season. Losing in the playoffs is ‘o.k.’, as long as fans are interested for the bulk of the season. Watching games, watching ads, and buying merchandise and hot-dogs.

Mark my words, as long as Claude Julien is as stubborn and one-dimensional behind the Boston Bruins Bench as he was during the 2009 playoffs, there will be more years of disappointment for the Boston fans. Hey, I’m not saying it is impossible for a coach to change, but the best predictor of future behavior, is past behavior, and if management realizes that it needs a more versatile coach, than why should they cross their fingers and hope that Julien is capable of making such changes when he has no track record of doing so? In my opinion, Julien won’t change, and management won’t fire him, and the bruins will become the San Jose Sharks of the Eastern Conference"

just your typical "pink-hat" post, huh

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins already in midseason form : this is my third account. banned a few times by the nazi- boston globe, but all my accounts have Olsonic in the title.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

LOL banned...haha I wonder why...Undecided

Again, you have your chance to add hockey knowledge but you say nothing.  You add nothing and I have watched this site longer than you think.  I usually stay away from here because of the amount of trolls and unreasonable negativity.

Again, rail on Hunwick all you want, I am not a big fan but he won the job in camp, end of story. Yes, the experts that work for the Bruins decided that and they know more than we do about the sitaution whether you like it or not. If he continues to blow like he did today, then come back to this.  It was 10 minutes into the game when your crying started.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ssags111. Show ssags111's posts

You do know how the Devils run things down there...right?  You actually going to compare that situation to now? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

They fired julien for the exact same reasons the Bruins are going to fire julien for. Coaching a team full of talented players, tacitly approving of mediocrity with dumbed-down 1 dimensional system that doesn't foster any sort of accountability amongst the players, or generate offensive creativity.. man read the damned post.... Why am I even talking to you? You are a complete tard and are gonna disappear from these boards once the red-sox hit spring training.

and I was banned for a popular "5 things more exciting to do than talking about Phil Kessel" post in which Boston.com claimed i posted too many pictures in a thread.

25. This post has been removed.