Bruins already in midseason form

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Bruins already in midseason form

In Response to Re: Bruins already in midseason form:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins already in midseason form : LOL banned...haha I wonder why... Again, you have your chance to add hockey knowledge but you say nothing.  You add nothing and I have watched this site longer than you think.  I usually stay away from here because of the amount of trolls and unreasonable negativity. Again, rail on Hunwick all you want, I am not a big fan but he won the job in camp, end of story. Yes, the experts that work for the Bruins decided that and they know more than we do about the sitaution whether you like it or not. If he continues to blow like he did today, then come back to this.  It was 10 minutes into the game when your crying started.
    Posted by ssags111[/QUOTE]

There was a reasonably substantive change in personal from end of last season.  There was a reasonably substantive change in Wheeler and Rask - for the better, Wheeler playing assertively and Rask improved his glove.    You have Savard and Sturm out of the lineup.

And we see a carbon copy of one of the emotionless losses from last January?

Any explanation from anyone about how this occurs?

I watch a lot of the Leafs because I'm interested in the draft picks that will get for us, the Leafs are horrible, but I must say they do play inspired.  How is it possible that I see so much uninspired hockey as from under CJ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]They fired julien for the exact same reasons the Bruins are going to fire julien for. Coaching a team full of talented players, tacitly approving of mediocrity with dumbed-down 1 dimensional system that doesn't foster any sort of accountability amongst the players, or generate offensive creativity.. man read the damned post.... Why am I even talking to you? You are a complete tard and are gonna disappear from these boards once the red-sox hit spring training. and I was banned for a popular "5 things more exciting to do than talking about Phil Kessel" post in which Boston.com claimed i posted too many pictures in a thread.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

And look at this;

http://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74
    Matt Hunwick struggling -3 in 10:15 TOI Julien took him away from Seidenberg. Using him with Stuart n Ference. Seidenberg gives thanks.

Olsonic, looks like this 'nhl caliber expert' says what you did.
    hmmmm...

fancy that.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

shocker :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Great 2009 post Olsonic btw...
    A winning percentage for a coach is not the end all be all of coaching. The better sign of a great coach is how many, if any championship won. You can be great at putting a decent "system" in place, but you need the flexibilty when playing live games to react appropriately to issues or things happening. 
    Lost to Carolina in the playoffs last year. Almost last in Goal Scored last season. Lost to Philadelphia in the playoffs this year. No retaliation on the Savard hit. etc. Without explaining my reasons; I think were all CJ's wrong doing.  The penalty kill was great, but all attributed to Ramsay's coaching. I think Boston lost a great opportunity to replace CJ, in house, when Craig Ramsay left for Atlanta. Watch Atlanta this year, you'll see what a great coach he is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

I've never said a bad word about Julien but I have to admit it looks like there's a serious motivation issue with this team.  Far as I was concerned, the problem last year wasn't so much scoring as motivation.  I figured the team was de-motivated because Kessel was taken away and not replaced.  Let's say you're on the Bruins and someone leans his head in the door and says "Hey, we're getting rid of Kessel.  It'll help us in the long run.  For now, you guys can make it up, no sweat."

So no, they didn't score last year.  But worse, they were an easy mark half the time -- no hitting, no toughness, no pride.

That's what troubles me about this first game.  No big deal, for sure, but the way they lost -- Ugh.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Sags, Olsonic knows his stuff. Come out with a stinker on opening night?! I remember after the Washington and Anaheim games last year, Claude said that it was unacceptable to play passionless hockey. Outside of a decent run for 6 weeks last year, the verdict is in...it was totally acceptable to play passionless hockey. We didn't see the 4th line minutes reduced, we didn't see Ryder take a seat on the bench, we didn't see the ever regressive Hunwick in the press box, and we certainly never saw any coaching adjustment to "the system".

I know it's only the first game and many are overly panicky, but I believe CJ needs to show that his team "gets it" and gets it in a hurry. We'll see how they do tomorrrow, but if they come out listless again and the players aren't held accountable, that IS on the coach.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

[QUOTE]We'll see how they do tomorrrow, but if they come out listless again and the players aren't held accountable, that IS on the coach.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

exactly.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Look- it's premature to talk about firing/benching anyone, simply put.  That's just dumb.  However, it's more than disappointing to see this team with all the so-called potential come out of the gates like this.  In fact, they looked worse in the second period, after getting totally outplayed in the 1st!  They are very lucky that this was not a complete blowout (with Phoenix connecting on their breakaway  chances).

I'm curious to see how they followup...

For the record, I don't care who anyone is and/or thinks they are.  Ego sum qui sum.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins already in midseason form : exactly.
    Posted by OlsonicCreations[/QUOTE]

How much more proof is needed?
    Late season listless play slump in 08-9.
    Major listless play slump last year, January just brutal.
    And an important game coming off of last year's playoff debacle and another listless game.

I just don't see as many non-intensity, non-emotional games as from CJ's teams.

I thought it was Wideman as the principle non-pulse guy last year, but he's gone now.

Sure you can say its the player's fault, but look how much turnover there's been in players since 08-09 and we still see the same thing?

What other explanation can there be?  I honestly can't think of one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins already in midseason form:[QUOTE]It's game 1. They'll figure it out. Remember, the NHL season is constructed in 2 parts:  1. Earn at least 8th seed in your conference (that's a no brainer for this squad, likely top 4). 2. Then, a whole new hockey game in April (ask the Habs and Flyers). Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

Ipot is that you ? Did someone hack into your account LoL! Wow optimism glad you have some because I for one think after that humiliating 3-0, 3-0 last spring that the Bs would come firing. Well Rask, Horton, Boychuk and Bergeron did.

You are right their are some fixes that can be made for sure. Caron in Marchand sent down. Hunwick dumped for anything Bartkowski up. Neely telling Julien you are on the hotseat if you can't figure out that Seidenberg, Ryder and Hunwick should not be on the PP, Paille should never be on any line but the 4th and if you can't instruct your players that they do not let oppposing players run your stud goalie your gone in a month.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scylla. Show scylla's posts

this team stinks . will always be a bunch of gaggers .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

I agree with both ssaggs and Bad.....Too early to fire or trade anybody. But on the other hand, I agree that CJ should be on a very very short leash. I too wondered about CJ after the Philly fiasco last spring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mish11133. Show Mish11133's posts

There are a lot of knowlegdable posters on here and I appreciate those sharing their views.  Although I was rather anxiety-laden while watching the game today, I had a few hours to step back and try to put it in some kind of perspective. 

From my point of view, considering it was their first regular season game, and had a lot of distractions with family, etc., I think (and hope) this was just a case of opening night jitters; their legs seemed like rubber which may account for their poor/sloppy skating.  Of course this is no excuse, afterall they are professionals and we've all at some point have seen them skate/play as professionals.  But, I remember last season they spoke about being nervous when they played poorly - who/what is making them 'nervous' in the locker room, and how come teams like the yotes can come out strong and so focused?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

Why can't Clode get them focused??? I'm telling you the majority of the team has tuned him out... I'm sure the rookies are listning but it's only a matter of time before they follow the role of the vets on this team. Clode has to go... So does Chia but thats another story for another day

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

This camp needed to be about competition for jobs, not touring for stout and Pilsner.  Sure looked like Bartkowski beat out Hunwick.  Sure looked like Caron out-played Ryder.  But hey, no consequences.  Now, cap management and asset management affect things.  We all know this.  At some point, though, they reinforce the entitlement of players making big money contracts. Hunwick and Ryder stayed because of contracts, not their play.

That was ugly today.  The 3rd was better, and if Wheeler beats Bryz from the high slot around the 6m mark, it's a game.  Maybe they can build on that tomorrow.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

It really is the same ole same ole and people need to stop looking through rose colored lenses. Ryder, Wheeler, Hunwick, Paille and Thornton were here last year and their collective play was questionable 90% of the year. What makes everyone think some miraculous turn around can happen with these 5 in Boston? The 09 season was a fluke when Wheeler, Ryder and Krejci were on a roll. Wheeler is not a good fit for this team. He plays like a big wuss and Ryder plays when he feels like it. Paille playing on the first 3 lines is a joke as well. If he played with Gretzky he might have 40 points.

I'm excited about this team as always but it is time to make some major moves. CJ can't get this team motivated to play the first game of the season? CJ needs to take his great defensive plan somewhere else. How did he keep his job after blowing the series with Philly? His head should have been on a platter on Causeway street. 

17. This post has been removed.