Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal:
    NAS, ever heard the expression "the pot calling the kettle black." of everyone on this board since imafan retired, you are the biggest basher of people. Come to think of it you showed up right around when imafan disappeared...hmmmmmm
    Posted by pbergeron37

Rarely do I address a person.  I certainly have bashed many ideas, but that's mainly because they have been wicked stupid.  I don't much care about who the poster of the stupid idea is.  You guys spend plenty of time discussing and attacking me, but that doesn't bother me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Judging a trade based on if the team won a cup is the dumbest way possible to judge a deal. Considering that only one team wins a cup each year, and 16 teams get into the playoffs, the odds aren't great. You make big trades in an attempt to better your chances, but believing that one player makes the difference between winning and losing the cup is foolhardy. There's 5 guys on the ice (unless there's a penalty) and 20 guys on a team. One guy could cause a loss, but one guy won't win you a championship, and that goes for any sport.

Horton could be the guy that hurts us, or he could be a guy that helps us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

I agree that the goal each year is to win the cup. But whether or not that occurs isn't the proper gauge by which to measure a transaction. Did the transaction give you a better chance at a cup than had you not made the transaction? Then I would judge that transaction to be a success. I definitely think Neely gave the Bruins a more realistic shot at the cup than had they not acquired him. He improved the team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal:
    In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal : did he refuse your autograph request?
    Posted by days-of-Orr

Since you asked...

No, I don't see the point in collecting the illegible scribblings that pass for an autograph. It's fine for the kids but once you pass the age of 18 I think it's pretty pathetic to hang out for autographs. It's pretty sad to see a 30 something guy, decked out in team colors with stars in his eyes, waiting after a game with a handful of cards like some 10 year old kid. 

My problem with Horton is how he treats other people when he's out with his teammates. I have friends that play on an opposing team and we ocassionally go to a club after the game. Members of the visiting team tend to go there as well.  I've seen Horton treat waitstaff and other patrons like crap. He's an oaf. Talking to some of his teammates, they've mentioned his poor attitude off the ice and in the locker room, as well as his lack of effort on the ice.

Horton isn't the first professional athlete who is a tool and he won't be the last. My personal dislike for him is irrelevant. There have been other players who I haven't particularly liked, but I supported them because they were good for the team. I just happen to have witnessed Horton's character flaws personally.

I simply don't believe Horton would be a good addition to the Bruins. I believe if he does come to Boston he'll be more trouble than he's worth. If he does become a Bruin I'll support him because he's wearing the Black and Gold. And I'll gladly eat crow if he busts his butt and becomes the player he is capable of while he's here.   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Maybe he is the reincarnation of Rick Tocchet.....if  what you are saying BruWingFan is so... the Bruins definitely don't want that!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

so by your line of thinking NAS, since Ovechkin hasn't won a cup yet, so far, he has been a bad draft pick?
    Posted by pbergeron37

No.  I don't give a deal the thumbs down while the results are still pending.  If Ovechkin plays his entire career there and they don't win the Cup, that is a different story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

NAZ know when to foldem and just STFUp please and get back to belittling other's posts as making yourself to be this dimwitted is becoming just too farcical.

PB37/Dk46 and I believe you are also Cindy screwing OV as well, let me ask you this, do you think there is 1 GM ever that would have taken Gritsky over Orr in a draft.   You probably do.

Even knowing the final outcome of their careers and points etc, I still take Orr, what he did on the ice cannot be related to something as simple as points even though he scored his at an astounding pace in an era unknown to 100 point seasons before he came. 2 totally different players, 1 knew there were 2 nets on the ice, 1 knew hockey was physical, 1 knew that his teammates were to be defended and 1 whose heart was already 3 sizes bigger. G was a star yes, but Orr is a GOD.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

NAZ know when to foldem and just STFUp please and get back to belittling other's posts as making yourself to be this dimwitted is becoming just too farcical. PB37/Dk46 and I believe you are also Cindy screwing OV as well, let me ask you this, do you think there is 1 GM ever that would have taken Gritsky over Orr in a draft.   You probably do. Even knowing the final outcome of their careers and points etc, I still take Orr, what he did on the ice cannot be related to something as simple as points even though he scored his at an astounding pace in an era unknown to 100 point seasons before he came. 2 totally different players, 1 knew there were 2 nets on the ice, 1 knew hockey was physical, 1 knew that his teammates were to be defended and 1 whose heart was already 3 sizes bigger. G was a star yes, but Orr is a GOD.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

Gritsky? Never heard of him. So I would pick Orr. But if you meant GRETZKY, then that is a totally different argument. I would still take Orr, but I would extremely consider Gordie Howe also...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

NAZ know when to foldem and just STFUp please and get back to belittling other's posts as making yourself to be this dimwitted is becoming just too farcical. PB37/Dk46 and I believe you are also Cindy screwing OV as well, let me ask you this, do you think there is 1 GM ever that would have taken Gritsky over Orr in a draft.   You probably do. Even knowing the final outcome of their careers and points etc, I still take Orr, what he did on the ice cannot be related to something as simple as points even though he scored his at an astounding pace in an era unknown to 100 point seasons before he came. 2 totally different players, 1 knew there were 2 nets on the ice, 1 knew hockey was physical, 1 knew that his teammates were to be defended and 1 whose heart was already 3 sizes bigger. G was a star yes, but Orr is a GOD.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

I don't think the two can be compared.  Different positions in different eras.

Both had fantastic careers and were champions.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Also take note that you changed the goal to fit your argument, which is a poor and transparent course of action.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

What is transparent is you are not making an argument but stating an opinion.  Therefore if one changes the goal in a logical sequence do not think the scientific method has been applied for it is only an opinion.  OMG

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal : I agree that they were focused on making money, but I don't think they didn't want to win the Cup, therefore I stand by my original theory: Goal:  Win the Cup Move:  Trade Pederson for 1st round pick and Neely Result:  No Cup Ruling:  Failure.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

How can you say that? That's a biased opinion! You act like you're right & the whole world is wrong!  Up until that trade plus two years the B's never got to the finals since 78! You're telling me that the B's said we're going to get this Neely kid & he's going to bring us over the top & stop the OILERS!!!! You can honestly & truly say that the B's brass (Harry Sinden) thought this trade was going to be the one that stopped the OIL? You really need to give your head a shake on this one! If you think for one second that when the B's made this move to WIN IT ALL & be able to defeat that well oiled machine out west, my opinion of your hockey knowledge is gone! I can be bull headed, but I also have been man enough to apologize & admit my mistakes when proven to me. I think it's time for some humility sir!  The Neely trade not was nothing, but an amazing success in everyones eyes, but yours! NOBODY IN THE HOCKEY WORLD EXPECTED NEELY TO HAVE THE IMPACT TO THE BRUINS & THE LEAGUE THAT WAS PROVIDED!! When you have an unpredicable, the unknowns & surprises happen. Those end up being success stories. None of them are failures! Anything beyond expectations are bonuses! Not every trade that is made is to win the cup! Sure some are? However, there's tons of reasons as to why a trade is done! You're being ridiculous in your thought process on this one!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

NAS, ever heard the expression "the pot calling the kettle black." of everyone on this board since imafan retired, you are the biggest basher of people. Come to think of it you showed up right around when imafan disappeared...hmmmmmm
    Posted by pbergeron37

He can't be imafan PB37! He sticks up for TT too much! Trust me I know all the TT haters & bashers!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal : How can you say that? That's a biased opinion! You act like you're right & the whole world is wrong!  Up until that trade plus two years the B's never got to the finals since 78! You're telling me that the B's said we're going to get this Neely kid & he's going to bring us over the top & stop the OILERS!!!! You can honestly & truly say that the B's brass (Harry Sinden) thought this trade was going to be the one that stopped the OIL? You really need to give your head a shake on this one! If you think for one second that when the B's made this move to WIN IT ALL & be able to defeat that well oiled machine out west, my opinion of your hockey knowledge is gone! I can be bull headed, but I also have been man enough to apologize & admit my mistakes when proven to me. I think it's time for some humility sir!  The Neely trade not was nothing, but an amazing success in everyones eyes, but yours! NOBODY IN THE HOCKEY WORLD EXPECTED NEELY TO HAVE THE IMPACT TO THE BRUINS & THE LEAGUE THAT WAS PROVIDED!! When you have an unpredicable, the unknowns & surprises happen. Those end up being success stories. None of them are failures! Anything beyond expectations are bonuses! Not every trade that is made is to win the cup! Sure some are? However, there's tons of reasons as to why a trade is done! You're being ridiculous in your thought process on this one!
    Posted by nitemare-38

We see it differently.  It's okay.  It's an opinion, a theory, a point of view.  It can't be proven or disproven.  No one is right or wrong.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins close to acquiring Nathan Horton in a blockbuster deal : We see it differently.  It's okay.  It's an opinion, a theory, a point of view.  It can't be proven or disproven.  No one is right or wrong.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Well on this one you're certainly having a different opinion so people will talk about you.

Sections
Shortcuts