Bruins' CUP Window now closed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Bruins' CUP Window now closed

It is looking more and more that the Bruins' chance at Lord Stanley's cup was last year.
       Didn't think it was possible, but this year's defence looks more inept at getting the puck out of their zone than last  years.
       Also, with Wheeler looking much more comfortable on LW rather than RW. the bruins have to pray that Sturm can switch to RW, or else they are going to have to make a trade a lot sooner that they thought. The bruins need a RW with speed on the Lucic / Savard line ( like a Kessel maybe) to stretch out defences, and Sturm fits the bill. Ryder is best suited as a 2nd line winger (preferably on another team, but that's not happening).
       With Bergeron looking like he is never going to score another goal in his life,  and his great passes going to waste on Recchi and Kobasew, I would like the bruins to experiment with turning him into a defenceman when Kreichi is ready to play. I know forwards almost never become defencemen, but I think Bergeron has the skill and brains to pull it off, and on this team, I think he would instantly become the #2 d-man.
       At least the Bruins have the goaltending to keep them in most games, and with this defence, they better not have any off nights.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed

Hello?  The season hasn't even started yet.  Are you concluding already?

How about:

Our defense is going to pick up with Morris and Chara providing amazing shut down and PP pop.

Bergeron is going to regain his original dominance and , with Savard and Krejci, we'll have the best three centers in the NHL.  If a team can stop one dynamo line, another comes right at them.

No one can trap us.  We clear and advance with precision playwork.

Begin will prove to be a superb PK man and crash bang checker, plus net 10-15 goals.  Same for Thornton.  Bitz may be dropped from that line in favor of a playmaker, perhaps Sobotka or Marchand stepping up.  

Thomas will get the relief he needs from Rask, who is sensational in his own right.

And, that speedy right wing Savard needs?  Sturm will adapt and score aplenty.  He's almost as fast as Kessel, you must know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

In Response to Bruins' CUP Window now closed:
    [QUOTE]    It is looking more and more that the Bruins' chance at Lord Stanley's cup was last year.    Didn't think it was possible, but this year's defence looks more inept at getting the puck out of their zone than last  years.    Also, with Wheeler looking much more comfortable on LW rather than RW. the bruins have to pray that Sturm can switch to RW, or else they are going to have to make a trade a lot sooner that they thought. The bruins need a RW with speed on the Lucic / Savard line ( like a Kessel maybe) to stretch out defences, and Sturm fits the bill. Ryder is best suited as a 2nd line winger (preferably on another team, but that's not happening).    With Bergeron looking like he is never going to score another goal in his life,  and his great passes going to waste on Recchi and Kobasew, I would like the bruins to experiment with turning him into a defenceman when Kreichi is ready to play. I know forwards almost never become defencemen, but I think Bergeron has the skill and brains to pull it off, and on this team, I think he would instantly become the #2 d-man.    At least the Bruins have the goaltending to keep them in most games, and with this defence, they better not have any off nights.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

did you just say speed like Lucic?  I'm not calling him slow by any means but, you think he's fast?

Krejci is spelled like this

Bergeron a Dman?  You'll see pigs sprouting wings first

Defense is spelled with an S not a C

Why don't you learn how to spell players names and key words in the game of hockey before coming on here.  Also, I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to opinions but when they are this ridiculous I have to step in and call people out. Seriously dude?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

ROFL. This is the sort of post I love to send to my friends who are Capitals, Flyers and Blackhawks fans, so we can all share a good laugh.   

Regarding the Cup, I had some hope last year, but looking at the Bruins' youth and inexperience, I didn't think it was going to happen. Add in the catastrophic injuries and it was too much to overcome in the playoffs. I was thinking THIS would be the year, looking at the development and added playoff experience for guys like Lucic, Krejci, Stuart, Hunwick, Rask, Wheeler, Sobotka, and even Savard and Thomas. NHL teams very, very rarely suddenly become good and win the Cup; it's usually a progression (see the Penguins) as they gain experience and learn what it takes.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh. ::copies and pastes:: ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

With Bergeron looking like he is never going to score another goal in his life,  and his great passes going to waste

Have you even watched a preseason game?  Are you aware that the season hasn't even started yet? 

Bergy has been consistantly been the best player in every game he dressed for thus far.  He is the only complete 3 zone player the the B's have.  He's the new PJ Ax, but add a playmaker that can score.  You were right about one thing, he could play D.  He could play goal I suppose too.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Bruins' CUP Window now closed : did you just say speed like Lucic?  I'm not calling him slow by any means but, you think he's fast? Krejci is spelled like this Bergeron a Dman?  You'll see pigs sprouting wings first Defense is spelled with an S not a C Why don't you learn how to spell players names and key words in the game of hockey before coming on here.  Also, I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to opinions but when they are this ridiculous I have to step in and call people out. Seriously dude?
    Posted by IceGoalie3014[/QUOTE]

who cares
    this is a forum not a spelling bee, most of us understand and that is what counts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]With Bergeron looking like he is never going to score another goal in his life,  and his great passes going to waste Have you even watched a preseason game?  Are you aware that the season hasn't even started yet?  Bergy has been consistantly been the best player in every game he dressed for thus far.  He is the only complete 3 zone player the the B's have.  He's the new PJ Ax, but add a playmaker that can score.  You were right about one thing, he could play D.  He could play goal I suppose too.   
    Posted by elosias[/QUOTE]

bergie better score heckuva alot more the 8 goals this years cause i don't care how many zones he plays well, theonly one he will spend time on is the bench zone

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyD603. Show TommyD603's posts

Bergeron will score more. I predict a 60-75 point season.
    Wheeler looked a lot better in last night's game. He just needs to find a groove, and then I'd say HE is the best choice to slot in with Savard and Lucic. Big, speedy for his size, a great skill set, and a righty... what's not to love? We know he has the talent to be a scoring winger in this league, he just hasn't shown it this preseason. I'll come. Then Sturm can play his familiar left wing next to Krejci and Ryder. Why all the hub bub, bub?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins' CUP Window now closed : did you just say speed like Lucic?  I'm not calling him slow by any means but, you think he's fast? Krejci is spelled like this Bergeron a Dman?  You'll see pigs sprouting wings first Defense is spelled with an S not a C Why don't you learn how to spell players names and key words in the game of hockey before coming on here.  Also, I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to opinions but when they are this ridiculous I have to step in and call people out. Seriously dude?
    Posted by IceGoalie3014[/QUOTE]
       Sorry about the 2 spelling errors. I know they are the first ever by anyone on this board, and I will try harder in the future so that you don't get your panties in a bunch again.
       I don't know where I wrote that Lucic was fast. All I said was that they need a RW with speed on that line.
       Also, I KNOW that bergeron isn't going back on defenSe. I just think it would be interesting to try, seeing as the bruins don't have a legit #2 or #3 d-man.
       Besides, I only made this post because I was bored, and to set off the usual yahoos, that will throw a tantrum anytime someone dares throw out an idea that does not fit into their bruin dream world. Happy Ranting !!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

okay so you just admitted that your a troll, cool, ignore feature will come in handy here.

I'm not even going to address your shots on kobasew, Recchi, an Bergeron....I'm just going to talk about our terrible defense that got better from last year when they gave up the fewest goals in the NHL (an no, it wasn't just because of goaltending)
    Chara - Norris?
    Stuart - becoming a monster shut down d man
    Morris and Wides - both have shots, good hands, and puck moving abilitiy
    hunwick an Ference - very adequate
    quit your btching you just sound like an idiot

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

...as opposed to posters who call people "idiots" to make their point.

We'll see who's right in 6 months or so, when the B's are again KO'd in round 2 of the playoffs for lack of elite scoring and people like you are making excuses for JJ again.

You can't seriously believe this Bruins team is capable of winning the Stanley Cup this year. Oh, I forgot. You're 21 years old and so you know everything. Never mind.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed :    Sorry about the 2 spelling errors. I know they are the first ever by anyone on this board, and I will try harder in the future so that you don't get your panties in a bunch again.    I don't know where I wrote that Lucic was fast. All I said was that they need a RW with speed on that line.    Also, I KNOW that bergeron isn't going back on defenSe. I just think it would be interesting to try, seeing as the bruins don't have a legit #2 or #3 d-man.    Besides, I only made this post because I was bored, and to set off the usual yahoos, that will throw a tantrum anytime someone dares throw out an idea that does not fit into their bruin dream world. Happy Ranting !!
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but, misspelling a players name as badly as you did makes you sound like you just flipped on the tv to watch the bruins, and hockey for that matter, for the first time ever.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]...as opposed to posters who call people "idiots" to make their point. We'll see who's right in 6 months or so, when the B's are again KO'd in round 2 of the playoffs for lack of elite scoring and people like you are making excuses for JJ again. You can't seriously believe this Bruins team is capable of winning the Stanley Cup this year. Oh, I forgot. You're 21 years old and so you know everything. Never mind.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

question 1. Are you a bruins fan
    question 2. if you are a bruins fan why do you want them to fail so badly?
    question 3. what does JJ have to do with the team on ice, explain, preferably coherently, how the Owner has ANY effect on the on ice product
    questin 4. did you think the Bs had a chance last year, and if so, how are they so much worse this year than last year?
    statement 1: i know more about hockey than you ever could...
    that is all

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

I wish I would have gone on a Pittsburg board last season just to say how horrible they were and how they would never win the cup with the line-up that their stupid GM put together.....Oh.....SORRY, Pittsburg won the cup!!!!!  Did anyone see that coming last September???  Not many!!  I always hope the Bruins win the cup but the fact is....... its f**king hard to do!!!  When the playoffs begin I will have a much better idea on how they will fare, untill then I will just let the "simple" posters have their say and have a laugh at what they spew......just one more question:  Why does Ryder get sooooo much grief???   A thirty goal scorer who performs in the playoffs.... I wish we had more like him!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : question 1. Are you a bruins fan question 2. if you are a bruins fan why do you want them to fail so badly? question 3. what does JJ have to do with the team on ice, explain, preferably coherently, how the Owner has ANY effect on the on ice product questin 4. did you think the Bs had a chance last year, and if so, how are they so much worse this year than last year? statement 1: i know more about hockey than you ever could... that is all
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

1. I was a Bruins fan while you were still pooping your shorts. Can remember watching every excruitiating moment of the 'too many men on the ice' game (look it up), plus Klima's 3OT winner after Wesley missed the open net and eberything in between...been bleeding BlackNGold since I was 5.
    2. I want nothing more for them to succeed. I would trade humilations and "I told you so's" galore from the likes of you and every other Bruins pollyanna who thinks this team is sakting away w/the Cup this year. Seriously. I'd love for nothing more than to be wrong about this team/franchise.
    3. That is such a naieve question as to hardly merit a response. JJ pays everyone's salary. Hires the GM. Tells PC what he wants and at what cost. The salary cap is a red herring when you absolve the owner of any responsibility. Had he sat down w/PC earlier they could have looked at a guy like Kessel and said "we're gonna need him when his contract comes up." Then maybe they wouldn't have overpaid Thomas, gone to court w/Murray and spent $3.3 M on Morris. Not to mention the plain and simple fact that responsibility for any franchise, company, business organization starts at the top. It's his team for crying out loud, and the record of failure is there for all to see.
    4.No, I did NOT think they had a chance to win the Cup last year b/c there were so many teams better than them, and that was proven so in the playoffs. As Bill Parcells was fond of saying "you are what your record says you are", and the Bruins were ousted in Round 2 by a pretty mediocre club. THIS YEAR they're coming back w/virtually the same team MINUS THEIR NUMBER ONE GOAL SCORER. So yes, they're worse off this year.

Finally--just saying "I know more about hockey than you ever will" doesn't make it so...it's just a stupid, arrogant statement of meaninglessness made by a person who resorts to calling anyone an "idiot" who doesn't agree with their point of view. Again--no surprise that you're just 21 years old. Kids your age think you know everything when the reverse is almost always true.

We'll see who's right come playoff time. You better get your excuses for their ouster ready now.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : who care/ undersatnd Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Keep'em coming Marco very entertaining replys and posts. Never anything of substance to add just a blowhard who always feigns Jacobs, 1972 etc. Never any facts just worthless babble you're a joke on this board.

Repeat after me A E I O U sometimes Y Marco why don't you tell us who your team is ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

I can't believe I'm about to agree with Imafag but I am. Biggskye this is the dumbest post ever. You have proven now that you are really a Hab fan pretending to be a Bruin fan. This is the best team we have had since Cam Neely played. We won't get as many points as last year but after we add the extra piece at the deadline we will go on a run like never before.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : 1. I was a Bruins fan while you were still pooping your shorts. Can remember watching every excruitiating moment of the 'too many men on the ice' game (look it up), plus Klima's 3OT winner after Wesley missed the open net and eberything in between...been bleeding BlackNGold since I was 5. 2. I want nothing more for them to succeed. I would trade humilations and "I told you so's" galore from the likes of you and every other Bruins pollyanna who thinks this team is sakting away w/the Cup this year. Seriously. I'd love for nothing more than to be wrong about this team/franchise. 3. That is such a naieve question as to hardly merit a response. JJ pays everyone's salary. Hires the GM. Tells PC what he wants and at what cost. The salary cap is a red herring when you absolve the owner of any responsibility. Had he sat down w/PC earlier they could have looked at a guy like Kessel and said "we're gonna need him when his contract comes up." Then maybe they wouldn't have overpaid Thomas, gone to court w/Murray and spent $3.3 M on Morris. Not to mention the plain and simple fact that responsibility for any franchise, company, business organization starts at the top. It's his team for crying out loud, and the record of failure is there for all to see. 4.No, I did NOT think they had a chance to win the Cup last year b/c there were so many teams better than them, and that was proven so in the playoffs. As Bill Parcells was fond of saying "you are what your record says you are", and the Bruins were ousted in Round 2 by a pretty mediocre club. THIS YEAR they're coming back w/virtually the same team MINUS THEIR NUMBER ONE GOAL SCORER. So yes, they're worse off this year. Finally--just saying "I know more about hockey than you ever will" doesn't make it so...it's just a stupid, arrogant statement of meaninglessness made by a person who resorts to calling anyone an "idiot" who doesn't agree with their point of view. Again--no surprise that you're just 21 years old. Kids your age think you know everything when the reverse is almost always true. We'll see who's right come playoff time. You better get your excuses for their ouster ready now.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

I have a very simple answer for your number 4 response.  Significant injuries is what caused the Bruins to lose a 7 game series to a team they dominated all season long.  They were also just shy of winning the president's cup last year and have improved the overall depth of their line-up.  Sure, they lost Kessel but even without Kessel's 36 goals from last year, their team total was still the best in the east.  FACT.  This team is going to be fine and hopefully wont catch the injury bug going into the playoffs (kessel- torn labrum, Krejci- hip, kobasew- cracked ribs, Recchi- kidney stones, on top of the many more unreported playable injuries like every other team in the playoffs).

I have no idea how the pessimists still exist with a team that absolutely dominated the league last year in the regular season.  I can understand a few low-end concerns but, this team is primed to do well again in the regular season and hopefully they can be healthy for the playoffs.  If they make the playoffs with health and can dish out 4 solid lines they will wear other teams down so easily.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

trytobearit i really don't believe you. You want this team to lose, just admit it, you would rather be right and lose than have the bruins win and be wrong, that scks, jacobs has truly beaten you, you really lost out.

I do know more about hockey than you, thats pretty obvious from your posts, the only thing you can talk about is jacobs because you know nothing about hte game.

The team is not close to virtually the same, they've added a lot this year and done so quietly

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : Besides, I only made this post because I was bored, and to set off the usual yahoos, that will throw a tantrum anytime someone dares throw out an idea that does not fit into their bruin dream world. Happy Ranting !! Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

You are correct you have a right to your opinion and you don't have to backoff from criticizing the Bruins. Just kinda of suprising your posts are usually allot more objective.

But I might save some of the observation till maybe 10 - 12 games into the season then you'll have a better look at all our starters. Remember the players that Boston sent out there this and every pre-season are younger talent that the organization are trying to evaluate.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

trytobearit,
    I also lived what you lived. I lost my whole collection of hockey cards due to " Too many men on the ice"  I faked to my mom I was sick (I really was) not to go to school.  Wesley missing that open net , wow ,  shutting the TV right after  Klima scored ! What about Neely getting hurt that playoff against the Pens , Bruins should have won the cup that year.
    I do believe you're a Bruins fan, despite what dkrejci46 is saying (wink) but what's with all this hate ??? 
    All owners are in for the money and besides if the Bruins were to go to the cup final it's very profitable.  I think JJ knows this from experience therefore why would he sabotage the teams success. 
    Read below trytobearit:

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

you forgot the two most critical injuries, hunwick and ference, the Bs had all the forward depth in the world, but montador should never touch the ice

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcolez. Show gcolez's posts

[QUOTE] question 3. what does JJ have to do with the team on ice, explain, preferably coherently, how the Owner has ANY effect on the on ice product questin 4.Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

You are a complete and utter fool.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

pardon my foolishness, please explain then gcolez

Sections
Shortcuts