Bruins' CUP Window now closed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcolez. Show gcolez's posts

Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed

In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed:
    [QUOTE]pardon my foolishness, please explain then gcolez
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

It's not worth it, your too dumb and clueless to waste time on. Your beyond a lost cause.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

actually Dkrejci46 has a pretty good track record of quality posts.

stick around longer than 23 posts and you might learn a thing or two from him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]trytobearit i really don't believe you. You want this team to lose, just admit it, you would rather be right and lose than have the bruins win and be wrong, that scks, jacobs has truly beaten you, you really lost out. I do know more about hockey than you, thats pretty obvious from your posts, the only thing you can talk about is jacobs because you know nothing about hte game. The team is not close to virtually the same, they've added a lot this year and done so quietly

david, u have to understand that if one does not agree with u that does not make him stupid. in ur past posts u have clearly indicated what kind of thoughtless person u can be. Ur quick to judge, ur paranoid, u think there is a conspiracy among pro kessel posts. etc.. but mostly u really don't care about anything or anyone.

trytobearit is a fan just like me, but we are not naive enough to say that bruins will win the cup this year because we see they do not have the elements.

it is going to take a goaltending miracle  in the playoffs for bruiins to win the cup and one which would come more from a Rask  then a Thomas.

i think u want to believe that bruins have a cup winning team but ur excitement is overshadowing reality.

There are way too many ? 1) willl sturm come back to form , 2)even if bergie  comes back , what can we expect from him .3) can we really count on wheeler to get big numbers

with this current roster and underline current roster bruins will not win cup , i am knowledgeable enough to know this. They will fall into offensive woes.

Most importantly bruins will not win because they have showed  poor mgmt and u can like and adore julien's jack adams which means nothing to me. BTW see how many have won jack Adams and won cup during that respective year.

They should have not made Kess get away and bsing the fans with cap excuses . u think i am that vulnerable . with kess in the lineup, i tell u i lke our chances without him and no similar player to replace him we have an extremely slim chance , i mean we are gonna have to rely on other teams getting serious injuries in playoffs and us remaining healthy.

the scouting dept has done a good job recently hopefully it will continue.

david if u truly really believe tha boston will win cup this year with this current roster u r setting urself off for another disappointment, and i can assure you that if u keep getting disappointed year after year u will probably still remain a bruin fan but ur perception and belief about the team will surely change.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

I simply don't understand what "year after year" has to do with THIS year's edition of the Bruins. Fans wallow in the past. Players are interested in the here and now.

Anyone who can't see that this team is a juggernaut is a hopeless pessimist. They allowed the fewest goals last year with freaking Shane Hnidy and Aaron Ward taking regular turns on defense, and a backup goalie who fell off a cliff. They had four of the top five plus/minus leaders IN THE NHL (and the guy who led the league was playing all year with a torn hip labrum!), and none of them have gone anywhere. Do you have any clue how fans of other teams look at guys like Chara, Savard, Lucic, Thomas and Krejci, and turn absolutely GREEN with envy? Do you know fans of other teams? Ask them sometime, and you'll hear "My God, I wish we had (fill in the blank)!"   

Everybody suffers injuries in the playoffs. All hockey fans know that. To their credit, the Bruins didn't use it as an excuse. But anyone who thinks that they would have gone two more rounds and won the Stanley Cup with the following:

Kobasew - broken ribs
    Bitz - cracked ribs
    Savard - strained MCL
    Ward - cracked tailbone
    Ference - torn groin
    Lucic - cracked foot bone
    Krejci - torn hip labrum
    Kessel - torn shoulder labrum/rotator cuff
    Hunwick - ruptured spleen
    Chara - strained shoulder, groin, knee
    Recchi - kidney stones
    Fernandez - bad back (what if something had happened to Thomas?)

- well, they didn't use those injuries as excuses, but I had to LOL when I saw a Hockey New article blaming the Wings' Stanley Cup loss on Pavel Datsuyk's injured foot! The Penguins had one significant injury - Sergei Gonchar. Sometimes winning the Cup is a matter of who has the healthiest bodies left standing. 

At any rate, please. Take the pessimist blinders off and take a good, objective look at this Bruins team. Compare them to other teams around the NHL. You simply cannot say they don't have a legitimate shot at the Stanley Cup, especially now with the experience and motivation from last year. Anyone who's claiming this team isn't a d*** good one is either blind or willfully stupid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]I can't believe I'm about to agree with Imafag but I am. Biggskye this is the dumbest post ever. You have proven now that you are really a Hab fan pretending to be a Bruin fan. This is the best team we have had since Cam Neely played. We won't get as many points as last year but after we add the extra piece at the deadline we will go on a run like never before.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]
       Wrong again...Add it to your list...By the way. I don't think adding a hired gun at the trade deadline has worked since Butch Goring, but you keep dreaming.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]With Bergeron looking like he is never going to score another goal in his life,  and his great passes going to waste Have you even watched a preseason game?  Are you aware that the season hasn't even started yet?  Bergy has been consistantly been the best player in every game he dressed for thus far.  He is the only complete 3 zone player the the B's have.  He's the new PJ Ax, but add a playmaker that can score.  You were right about one thing, he could play D.  He could play goal I suppose too.   
    Posted by elosias[/QUOTE]
       Never said Bergeron was a bad player. All I said was that it looks like he has forgotten how to score. Playing against AHL players, he didn't come close to scoring. I don't think it will be easier when the season starts, and he is facing NHL defensemen.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]okay so you just admitted that your a troll, cool, ignore feature will come in handy here. I'm not even going to address your shots on kobasew, Recchi, an Bergeron....I'm just going to talk about our terrible defense that got better from last year when they gave up the fewest goals in the NHL (an no, it wasn't just because of goaltending) Chara - Norris? Stuart - becoming a monster shut down d man Morris and Wides - both have shots, good hands, and puck moving abilitiy hunwick an Ference - very adequate quit your btching you just sound like an idiot
       Wow, You thinking I'm an idiot makes me think that I must be right on the money with my thoughts.
       Also, you keep saying you are going to put me on your ignore list, but you keep responding to my posts. Please feel free to ignore me, I find most of your posts to be a joke. Just another young punk that thinks he knows everything and thinks calling anyone that has a different opinion, an idiot, is contributing to conversations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Marco, if anybody made a legitimate point about the current management i wouldn't be so quick to shut it down, but all you guys give me is "THE BRUINS CAN NEVER WIN BECAUSE OF JACOBS BLAH BLAH BLAH"

then you shoot into "we can't win without kessel"

you guys are so disturbingly pessimistic about a team that has loads of potential.

The NHL has more parody than any other league, meaning that predicting a stanley cup to the Bs would be almost as asinine as your posts.

You say there are so many question marks, and yes there are, but there about 5 things that could go right and if a single one of them does it will basically make up for the lack of kessel. those 5 are 1. will sturm return to 28 goal form, 2. Will Wheeler improve on his numbers, 3. Will Bergeron return to form, 4. Will Morris help the break out, 5. Will Recchi continue to put up numbers (6 being do we get a big name at the deadline)

last year the Bruins scored 270 goals, an average of 3.29 goals per game

remove Kessels goals all together, and you are left with 234. divide that by 82 and you get 2.85, and that is assuming that nobody will step into Kessels role and score a single goal (you can chalk sturm up for at least 20) that would rank them 16th in last years NHL... considering they had the best GAA in the league, thats not that bad, and that is assuming we don't get a single goal from the first lines right winger.

Lets conservatively estimate that Sturm scores 20, Lucic scores 5 more goals, wheeler scores 5 more goals, and that Recchi puts up a 20 goal year (he scored 10 in 18 regular season games last year with the bruins, which over an 82 game season would translate to 46 goals, but I rather think it would be optimistic to say the least to expect that).

Thats +10 for Recchi
    +5 for looch
    +5 for Wheeler
    +13 for Sturm
    -36 for Kessel

you are left with -3....which would have the Bruins, surprise surpise top 3 in the NHL in goals....and without Kessel there would probably be a couple fewer goals scored against, and thats estimating conservatively. I also didn't even touch the offensive upgrades on the blueline in this debate.

We have 9 forwards that should score 20 goals....not many teams can say that.

I really don't see how management can possibly be this terrible if they have compiled a team this good (lowest GAA in the league last year, 2nd in GF) and added many draft picks for the future, as well as stockpiling prospects in the minors and amatuer hockey.

If you want to criticize the bruins go right ahead, I know they have tortured the fan base for generations, but I really think that you should take a good hard look at how their going about doing things these days, and realize that they have turned over a new leaf. Just don't keep regurgitating that Jacobs stuff because he may be a cold hearted guy, but in the salary cap era he can't really do much better, he has actually spent over the cap the last year when you factor in the buyouts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed :    Never said Bergeron was a bad player. All I said was that it looks like he has forgotten how to score. Playing against AHL players, he didn't come close to scoring. I don't think it will be easier when the season starts, and he is facing NHL defensemen.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

So according to you ,Bergeron will not score more than 8 goals ?
    All the hockey experts are saying he's back and the best player on the ice.
    Neither did Marc Savard score many (anybody correct me if I'm wrong),  I think one goal.  
    Does this mean Savard is finished because he can't score and you quoted, AHL players ???
    Keep in mind Bergeron was also playing with AHL players on his team.  Let's see how he does with a lineup of NHL players behind him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins' CUP Window now closed : did you just say speed like Lucic?  I'm not calling him slow by any means but, you think he's fast? Krejci is spelled like this Bergeron a Dman?  You'll see pigs sprouting wings first Defense is spelled with an S not a C Why don't you learn how to spell players names and key words in the game of hockey before coming on here.  Also, I'm usually very forgiving when it comes to opinions but when they are this ridiculous I have to step in and call people out. Seriously dude?
    Posted by IceGoalie3014[/QUOTE]

Yes Luc has speed it was surprising to a lot at the Canadian camp how fast he can be.

Berggy does play some D on the PP.

Players names are not just Smith or is that Smyth or Smythe anymore so spelling and typos are going to happen.

Defence see it here :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense

When you call someone out whether they are dumb, idiots or misguided be careful, your opinions may not jive and you can be called on it.

Bruins cup window did not close with loss of Kessel, it has gotten a little harder until we replace his goal scoring and that means someone has to hit 40 this year to make us forget about him. We are stronger withthe return of Sturm and Morris makes our D a lot better. The replacement of Montador and Hnidy (though they were gritty) by anyone is defensively (defence/defenceman) and offensively an improvement.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]trytobearit i really don't believe you. You want this team to lose, just admit it, you would rather be right and lose than have the bruins win and be wrong, that scks, jacobs has truly beaten you, you really lost out. I do know more about hockey than you, thats pretty obvious from your posts, the only thing you can talk about is jacobs because you know nothing about hte game. The team is not close to virtually the same, they've added a lot this year and done so quietly
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]       TO YOU DKREJCI 46;  1] I BET YOU NEVER PLAYED HOCKEY 2] ANYONE WHO NAMES THEMSELVES AFTER A PLAYER IS A WANNABEE 3] MAYBE YOU PUT ON YOUR #46 BRUINS SHIRT FOR WORK 4] PUT DOWN YOUR STAT BOOK AND GO GET SOME EXERCISE.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

i played 4 years of junior A, and even played on the same team with your darling Kessel.....i'm not a stat guy but since you guys are obsessed with numbers i figured i'd throw some out there

as for the name is that yours because its a class you desperately need to take?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]i played 4 years of junior A, and even played on the same team with your darling Kessel.....i'm not a stat guy but since you guys are obsessed with numbers i figured i'd throw some out there as for the name is that yours because its a class you desperately need to take?

How did or what made you become a Bruin's fan ?
    I can see you're one at heart.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

born and raised in massachusetts, my grandparents were bruins fans

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]born and raised in massachusetts, my grandparents were bruins fans
    Fair enough ! The Junior A threw me off.
    Keep on the good posts. You're far more patient than I am with some of the fan base or trolls.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

if they make legit points i dont care, but i grow tired of the "i hate jacobs" or "kessel was our whole team" bit

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Now back to biggskye , 
    The Bruins have three excellent centers in Savard, Krejci and Bergeron . Any of these three can be a number one/two center on more than half of the teams in the NHL. A league where there's a lack of good centermen and we have three !
    How does this close our window for a cup final ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : Yes Luc has speed it was surprising to a lot at the Canadian camp how fast he can be. Berggy does play some D on the PP. Players names are not just Smith or is that Smyth or Smythe anymore so spelling and typos are going to happen. Defence see it here :  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense When you call someone out whether they are dumb, idiots or misguided be careful, your opinions may not jive and you can be called on it. Bruins cup window did not close with loss of Kessel, it has gotten a little harder until we replace his goal scoring and that means someone has to hit 40 this year to make us forget about him. We are stronger withthe return of Sturm and Morris makes our D a lot better. The replacement of Montador and Hnidy (though they were gritty) by anyone is defensively (defence/defenceman) and offensively an improvement.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

ok, on the Looch thing, i misread his post, he wasn't referring to his speed so, i apologize to everyone there. 

I have no problem with Bergy playing the point on the PP from time to time but, he wanted to move him to D all the time, not just the PP.

Touche on the defense, however, he did not respond like he spoke french-canadien or anything like that so, I assumed with the absolutely debauchery on his spelling of Krejci (he spelled it as "Kreichi") that he had no idea what a hockey puck was.  Maybe a little judgemental but so be it.

And no one on this team will hit 40 this year, they aren't built for that(i hope I'm wrong!(: ).  However, the team is built well enough where it could easily compensate for Kessel's 36.  Even after a strong season from the defense and goaltending in the goals against department, there is a chance it could get improve.  The D is much better and i think Tuukka could provide more quality starts when called upon to do so than Manny did.  This team is primed for another stellar regular season and can hopefully stay healthy to give a better run in the playoffs in May/June.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

[QUOTE]if they make legit points i dont care, but i grow tired of the "i hate jacobs" or "kessel was our whole team" bit

I second this.  The only reason any of these posters get to me is for stupid ignorant comments (which I shouldn't! lol).  I think I'm actually more shocked that people truely think some of the stuff they do about their "favorite" hockey team.  Oh, well, half of them are probably trolls anyhow just trying to get reactions.  One of my buddies from college does it all the time and gets a rise just out of the reactions...you can find him on the yankee boards lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : ok, on the Looch thing, i misread his post, he wasn't referring to his speed so, i apologize to everyone there.  I have no problem with Bergy playing the point on the PP from time to time but, he wanted to move him to D all the time, not just the PP. Touche on the defense, however, he did not respond like he spoke french-canadien or anything like that so, I assumed with the absolutely debauchery on his spelling of Krejci (he spelled it as "Kreichi") that he had no idea what a hockey puck was.  Maybe a little judgemental but so be it. And no one on this team will hit 40 this year, they aren't built for that(i hope I'm wrong!(: ).  However, the team is built well enough where it could easily compensate for Kessel's 36.  Even after a strong season from the defense and goaltending in the goals against department, there is a chance it could get improve.  The D is much better and i think Tuukka could provide more quality starts when called upon to do so than Manny did.  This team is primed for another stellar regular season and can hopefully stay healthy to give a better run in the playoffs in May/June.
    Posted by IceGoalie3014[/QUOTE]

Your right, I butchered Krejci's name. You still could tell who I was talking about, so get over it. I wonder how many people check the spelling of some players' names so they don't make a mistake, and have some anal retentive, come down all over them with a non-issue. Not only does Don Cherry not know how to spell 1/2 the players' names, he can't pronounce them. By your rational, I guess he doesn't know anything about hockey either.
       As a Canadian,there are some words that tend to have slightly different spelling in french / english,and are used interchangeably, and I won't apologize for that.
       As for the Bergeron thing, it was just a spur of the moment thought that I threw out there to get some reaction, and as usual, the self proclaimed experts out there, couldn't resist the usual "idiot" "troll", or "moron" remarks.
       It's all very sad...Not surprising...But still very sad.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

we called you a troll because you said this team (who espn ranks in the top 3) couldn't win

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Now back to biggskye ,  The Bruins have three excellent centers in Savard, Krecji and Bergeron . Any of these three can be a number one/two center on more than half of the teams in the NHL. A league where there's a lack of good centermen and we have three ! How does this close our window for a cup final ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
       Hey, someone making a good point, without an insult...Very refreshing. But, just a friendly reminder to watch how you spell Krejci. There is at least one person in here that will have a hissy fit if you get it wrong. I really messed it up, so I have been practising it all day.
       But back to your point. I agree  with you that the bruins have 3 quality centers. They are probably the deepest at that position than any other team in the league. My big problem with the bruins is on defense.
       This team won last year DESPITE the defense (except Chara), not because of it. They just seem to mess up easy clearing plays, and force the forwards to come back deep to constantly bail them out. I know that is part of a forwards responsibility, but not all the time! I know it was only pre-season, but it sure looks like more of the same. Morris, Wideman, and Ferrance are defensive liabilities, and I'm not sold on Stuart or Hnidy either. I hope I'm wrong (it's been known to happen).I am just taking a wait and see approach, before I get excited about this team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

you can have your issues with Ference and Wideman, I can understand that, but Stuart was nothing but phenomenal last year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]we called you a troll because you said this team (who espn ranks in the top 3) couldn't win

I didn't say they couldn't win. I just meant that their best shot may have been last year. Heck, in this watered down "everybody should have a chance to win" mentality that prevails in the NHL nowadays, almost anybody could make a cup run if everything goes perfect. I think this team could finish in the top 5 in the Eastern Conference. I just don't think they will be as good as last year, and they couldn't get by the 2nd round. Again. I hope I am completely wrong, and hope I get to tell everyone on this board that I am indeed an idiot and moron. Nothing would make me happier(hey, I once thought that Cameron Mann was going to be a superstar). What the heck do I know.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

why didn't they make it past the second round last year?