Bruins' CUP Window now closed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed

In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed:
    [QUOTE]you can have your issues with Ference and Wideman, I can understand that, but Stuart was nothing but phenomenal last year
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]
       Hope your right. I don't get to see as many bruin games as you, so I have a much smaller number of games for evaluation. What I saw was less than impressive. I will just add my opinion of him as another thing that I hope I'm wrong about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]why didn't they make it past the second round last year?
       I'm guessing you are talking about the number of injuries. I know they had a lot, but most were able to still play and contribute. I am sure that other teams had injuries we were not aware of as well, and I hate using injuries as an excuse.
       I worry that Bergeron, Kobasew, Sturm and Ferrance maybe close to being labelled as injury prone or fragile.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcolez. Show gcolez's posts

[QUOTE]why didn't they make it past the second round last year?

Why havent they made it past the second round for the past 17 years?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]i played 4 years of junior A, and even played on the same team with your darling Kessel.....i'm not a stat guy but since you guys are obsessed with numbers i figured i'd throw some out there as for the name is that yours because its a class you desperately need to take?
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]           was the bench warm? or were you the statguy? Kessel didn't pay any attention to you?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]trytobearit, I also lived what you lived. I lost my whole collection of hockey cards due to " Too many men on the ice"  I faked to my mom I was sick (I really was) not to go to school.  Wesley missing that open net , wow ,  shutting the TV right after  Klima scored ! What about Neely getting hurt that playoff against the Pens , Bruins should have won the cup that year. I do believe you're a Bruins fan, despite what dkrejci46 is saying (wink) but what's with all this hate ???  All owners are in for the money and besides if the Bruins were to go to the cup final it's very profitable.  I think JJ knows this from experience therefore why would he sabotage the teams success.  Read below trytobearit:
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain, my friend. "Too many men" hurt more than Bucky F---ing Dent. As for JJ, I'll believe he really cares about the Cup when I see him authorize a "go for broke" attitude...tougher to do now in the cap era, true...but I at least want to see them turn around some of those draft picks into high talent pick-ups before the playoffs that can help them win NOW. I am just sick and tired of always waiting (37 years now) for "next year" with this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : david, u have to understand that if one does not agree with u that does not make him stupid. in ur past posts u have clearly indicated what kind of thoughtless person u can be. Ur quick to judge, ur paranoid, u think there is a conspiracy among pro kessel posts. etc.. but mostly u really don't care about anything or anyone. trytobearit is a fan just like me, but we are not naive enough to say that bruins will win the cup this year because we see they do not have the elements. it is going to take a goaltending miracle  in the playoffs for bruiins to win the cup and one which would come more from a Rask  then a Thomas. i think u want to believe that bruins have a cup winning team but ur excitement is overshadowing reality. There are way too many ? 1) willl sturm come back to form , 2)even if bergie  comes back , what can we expect from him .3) can we really count on wheeler to get big numbers with this current roster and underline c urrent roster bruins will not win cup , i am knowledgeable enough to know this. They will fall into offensive woes. Most importantly bruins will not win because they have showed  poor mgmt and u can like and adore julien's jack adams which means nothing to me. BTW see how many have won jack Adams and won cup during that respective year. They should have not made Kess get away and bsing the fans with cap excuses . u think i am that vulnerable . with kess in the lineup, i tell u i lke our chances without him and no similar player to replace him we have an extremely slim chance , i mean we are gonna have to rely on other teams getting serious injuries in playoffs and us remaining healthy. the scouting dept has done a good job recently hopefully it will continue. david if u truly really believe tha boston will win cup this year with this current roster u r setting urself off for another disappointment, and i can assure you that if u keep getting disappointed year after year u will probably still remain a bruin fan but ur perception and belief about the team will surely change.
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more, marco100. I've read your posts and you and I are coming from the same place: we ARE bruins fans, we're just not pom-pom wavers for JJ and PC b/c we have a better team than the last 20 years of horrible squads.

And all the talk of how good this year's team is seems to ignore the fact that it's virtually the same squad KO'd in round 2 last year EXCEPT WE NOW ARE MISSING OUR TOP GOAL SCORER.  Excuse me if I don't start planning the parade route.

The other thing I wish I'd see more analysis of is: how good or improved are the OTHER TEAMS the B's will have to get past--just in the East alone--to get to the finals? We always talk about things like "wheeler will be better" and "Rask will be awesome", as if other teams aren't also waiting for their rookies to take the next step and haven't improved their rosters far greater than we have ours (i.e. Flyers now have Chris Pronger).

The one thing I know is: you don't get your point across by calling other people 'idiots' as Dkrejci46 does when people disagree with him. This is supposed to be a forum of informed opinion, not jevenile insults that add nothing to the legitimate difference of viewpoints.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed :    Hey, someone making a good point, without an insult...Very refreshing. But, just a friendly reminder to watch how you spell Krejci. There is at least one person in here that will have a hissy fit if you get it wrong. I really messed it up, so I have been practising it all day.    But back to your point. I agree  with you that the bruins have 3 quality centers. They are probably the deepest at that position than any other team in the league. My big problem with the bruins is on defense.    This team won last year DESPITE the defense (except Chara), not because of it. They just seem to mess up easy clearing plays, and force the forwards to come back deep to constantly bail them out. I know that is part of a forwards responsibility, but not all the time! I know it was only pre-season, but it sure looks like more of the same. Morris, Wideman, and Ferrance are defensive liabilities, and I'm not sold on Stuart or Hnidy either. I hope I'm wrong (it's been known to happen).I am just taking a wait and see approach, before I get excited about this team.
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I fixed the name. I was getting tired last nite .
    Really ,  the season better start soon or all us Bruins fans will end up , how should I put this ,  Okay, You all read " Lord of the Flies "  . Anyways you get my point.
    I think we have a much better defensive core.  The problem is in our defensive zone it's not the players, it's our system.  I don't even want to start breaking that down as I feel I'm betraying my team (LOL)  .  Actually Olsonic kind of broke it down last season and pointed it out pretty well.  We do learn things on these threads.
    Teams have adjusted with their forecheck to the Bruins breakout.  We saw it near the end of the season and against Carolina.  It's our coaching staff that must make this transition and work on it. 
    I have all the respect in the world in Julien and his staff and certain these adjustments has been worked on .  Maybe that's why in pre-season they kind of got hemmed at times as they are working on something new.  In the latter stages I did see same pretty passing and puck movement to convince me they will and have found a solution, an improved system.
    Can this season start already !!!    
    and GO BRUINS !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]trytobearit i really don't believe you. You want this team to lose, just admit it, you would rather be right and lose than have the bruins win and be wrong, that scks, jacobs has truly beaten you, you really lost out. I do know more about hockey than you, thats pretty obvious from your posts, the only thing you can talk about is jacobs because you know nothing about hte game. The team is not close to virtually the same, they've added a lot this year and done so quietly

Yeah, that makes sense. I've been watching the bruins play hockey since 1970 and you weren't even born then. I've also played hockey for years, thru high school and multiple ice hockey rec leagues and still would if my knees hadn't given out.

You say you know more about hockey b/c "it's obvious from my posts"...no reason given (you don't have one, you're just angry I disagree with you.) Then you say "I just want the B's to lose--admit it."  Nope. Sorry. You're wrong. I've said already I'd love to come back here after the B's win the Cup and have you rake me over the coals....it would all be worth it. I just don't believe it will happen.

I've provided scores of legitimate reasons I don't think the B's are good enough to win it all (or even make the finals this year) that have nothing to do with jacobs: Their top goal scorer gone, no significant upgrade on D (I don't trust Morris can be what he was and they signed him for too much), and the general overall talent level of the other teams they're competing against...and those are just a few.

This back and forth with you is pointless. You;re a know-it-all with absolutely no proof behind you that the Bruins are capable of being a Stanley Cup champion other than your blind faith that it be so.

Let's just wait and see who's right at the end of the season...If I'm right, I'm not happy. if you are, I am.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]The NHL has more parody than any other league,

Uhhh, excuse me DK, but I think the word you mean here is "parity" not "parody".

You know that normally I agree with you (except about Thomas).

Keep posting....keeps it lively...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Disk0thek. Show Disk0thek's posts

So because we don't have Kessel we have no chance at the Cup?  Talk about a fair weather fan.

Season hasn't even started and the pessimism is boiling.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : I feel your pain, my friend. "Too many men" hurt more than Bucky F---ing Dent. As for JJ, I'll believe he really cares about the Cup when I see him authorize a "go for broke" attitude...tougher to do now in the cap era, true...but I at least want to see them turn around some of those draft picks into high talent pick-ups before the playoffs that can help them win NOW. I am just sick and tired of always waiting (37 years now) for "next year" with this team.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Ironic, isn't it, that the most recent Stanley Cup winner is a team built on draft choices that LOST their "high talent pick-up" in the off-season.

The Bruins deal off some of these young, talented kids and they might -- and that's a big "might" -- win a Stanley Cup. And then they'll fall off a cliff for the next ten years. (And believe me, to get a "high-talent pick-up", say, a Kovalchuk, the conversation begins with Milan Lucic) As I said before, the Bruins are following the Detroit model when it comes to building a team. Where did the Red Wings get Lidstrom, Datsuyk, Franzen, and now guys like Filppula and Abdelkader? Drafting and development. That's how you build a franchise that will contend for the long term, not be a flash in the pan. 

There is a salary cap. NO team is going to buy its way to a Cup anymore. You have to be clever and work hard, not just "go for broke" and buy or trade for the most expensive FAs on the market.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

If the Bruins weren't an original 6 franchise mired in a 37-year Cup drought I might even agree with you. But they don't have the luxury (or shoudln't) of making fans wait who nows how long to see if maybe they draft as well as Detroit has. (And btw, I'd do Lucic for Kovalchuk in a heartbeat...if you think Looch will EVER be as talented and deadly as Kovalchuk you're kidding yourself.)

And I agree about being clever and working hard to negotiate around the Cap. The Manny Fernandez salary hit, $3.3 M for Derek Morris, and a bit too much coin for Tim Thomas (who I love but could have been signed for less) shows me they're not being particularly clever.

The point of draft picks is that--as the Red Sox have showsn--they can be used to either foster long term development OR be used as a bargaining chip in bringing in existing talent that can help a team win in the here and now. Since the Bruins do in fact have some good young talent in Krejci, Hunwick, Wheeler, Stuart et al, my preference would be to get that one elusive piece to the puzzle they seem always to lack. It doesn't always work (i.e. Hossa) but I believe the B's organization owes it to their long-suffering chance to try...to roll the dice...and that's what I mean by "go for broke."

Hanging on to picks that may or may not pan out 2-3 years away and going into the post season with a team very similar to last year's (minus Kessel) is probably going to net nothing more than another 2nd round KO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : Ironic, isn't it, that the most recent Stanley Cup winner is a team built on draft choices that LOST their "high talent pick-up" in the off-season. The Bruins deal off some of these young, talented kids and they might -- and that's a big "might" -- win a Stanley Cup. And then they'll fall off a cliff for the next ten years. (And believe me, to get a "high-talent pick-up", say, a Kovalchuk, the conversation  begins with Milan Lucic) As I said before, the Bruins are following the Detroit model when it comes to building a team. Where did the Red Wings get Lidstrom, Datsuyk, Franzen, and now guys like Filppula and Abdelkader? Drafting and development. That's how you build a franchise that will contend for the long term, not be a flash in the pan.  There is a salary cap. NO team is going to buy its way to a Cup anymore. You have to be clever and work hard, not just "go for broke" and buy or trade for the most expensive FAs on the market.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]                 If you call investing in a 21 year old 1st round draft pick who has steadily progressed over a 3 year period into a 36 goal scorer a "go for broke thing"you need your head examined.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeffMaine. Show JeffMaine's posts

In Response to Bruins' CUP Window now closed:
    [QUOTE]    It is looking more and more that the Bruins' chance at Lord Stanley's cup was last year.    Didn't think it was possible, but this year's defence looks more inept at getting the puck out of their zone than last  years.    Also, with Wheeler looking much more comfortable on LW rather than RW. the bruins have to pray that Sturm can switch to RW, or else they are going to have to make a trade a lot sooner that they thought. The bruins need a RW with speed on the Lucic / Savard line ( like a Kessel maybe) to stretch out defences, and Sturm fits the bill. Ryder is best suited as a 2nd line winger (preferably on another team, but that's not happening).    With Bergeron looking like he is never going to score another goal in his life,  and his great passes going to waste on Recchi and Kobasew, I would like the bruins to experiment with turning him into a defenceman when Kreichi is ready to play. I know forwards almost never become defencemen, but I think Bergeron has the skill and brains to pull it off, and on this team, I think he would instantly become the #2 d-man.    At least the Bruins have the goaltending to keep them in most games, and with this defence, they better not have any off nights.

Yeah, I hate to have a 28-32 goal scorer on the 2nd line.  Hate to have a guy like that.  IS he a bit overpaid?  Yeah, as are about 75% of the players in the NHL.

Bergeron to defense?  

That has to have been of the single most ridiculous things I have ever heard.  Absolutely ridiculous.

You want him, with his concussion history, to be in a position where he would have to play with his back turned to wings bearing down in him for much of the time.

And the fact that you actually believe that a guy who has NEVER been a blueline, would instantly become the #2 on this team...speaks volumes about your knowledge of the game.  VOLUMES!

Absolutely ridiculous.

Also, the fact that you put any stock into preseason games says a lot about your perspective.

This whole thread is a joke.

Later

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]yourself.) And I agree about being clever and working hard to negotiate around the Cap. The Manny Fernandez salary hit, $3.3 M for Derek Morris, and a bit too much coin for Tim Thomas (who I love but could have been signed for less) shows me they're not being particularly clever. Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Now you have something to debate . Being clever with the spending rather than JJ being cheap and we'll never win with him was an owner.
    I know you've said that because he's the one that hires the GM makes him directly responsible for the decisions Chiarelli and management make.
    We still cannot blame JJ for the present situation . There are always risks with some of the decisions that are made by management. There always was and will be.
    I still don't feel like signing Morris for 3.3M was a bad signing.  I've pointed out a couple times if you look around the league there are worse D's than him being paid 4M+. Unfortunately there are many GM's that overpay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed : Now you have something to debate . Being clever with the spending rather than JJ being cheap and we'll never win with him was an owner. I know you've said that because he's the one that hires the GM makes him directly responsible for the decisions Chiarelli and management make. We still cannot blame JJ for the present situation . There are always risks with some of the decisions that are made by management. There always was and will be. I still don't feel like signing Morris for 3.3M was a bad signing.  I've pointed out a couple times if you look around the league there are worse D's than him being paid 4M+. Unfortunately there are many GM's that overpay.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

Well, I loved Morris' game in Colorado but my fear is that he's really lost a step on D and will have mobility issues in his own end. Pairing w/Chara should help w/a bit of that but the last thing we need is another defenseman getting late to a dump-in and not being able to transition out of the zone to offense...especially in a year when I think we're gonna have trouble scoring goals. He should still be effective on the PP w/his shot. Still, just b/c there are other D's in the league who are at his level or below making more $$$ doesn't mean PC should over-pay for Morris or anyone else. If he earns his $3.3 M, great, but I would rather have seen that money saved for re-signing Kess (along w/some other forward thinking that could have avoided this situation) or for another goal scorer.

On JJ...we'll see if the leopard changes his spots. He should be doing everything he can to bring this fan base, which has been loyal to the point of absurdity since he took over in '75, a Stanley Cup and nothing else. I've never even heard him utter the words when asked what his goal is "To win the Stanley Cup." It's always to "have a team that's tough to play against" or "put a competetive product on the ice." His role may be lessened in the cap era, but just as Matt Millen had to take the fall for the horribleness of the Detroit Lions (also a cap team), JJ needs to be responsible for his failure to deliver a cup since he took over.

Responsibility starts at the top and that is true in sports, business, government or virtually any large organization. He doesn't get a pass just b/c of the cap.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

IceGoalie:
    he may not know how to spell, but he is right.  Do you count on Thomas having the career year he had last year?  He bailed that slow defense out of so many mistakes.  Thomas is not getting younger, and his style will eventually lead to breakdowns.  They didnt do anything to improve the defense that couldnt move the puck last year. 
    Do you really think Krejci will jump right back in from hip surgery to dominate?  Do you really think Bergeron has shown ANY signs of re-gaining his scoring touch, I didnt see it last year.  So not only did they not improve over the off-season, they got worse by trading their best goal scorer for draft picks.  if I hear one more homer say "Kessel didnt play defense, or hit people".  Last I remember, Gretz, Mario, Jagr, etc.  didnt do that either.....yet they seemed to find a place in the league. 
    I have an idea, how about the B's trade Krejci for another Marck Recchi?? That is the M.O. of this team anyways, someone starts to shine brightly, trade em quick while their value is good before they ask for money. 
    I hope I didnt spell anything wrong....because that is what's really important on this site after all.  If I can't spell some Russian dudes name right, I must not be a fan.  Oh, and just so you know, your over use of comma's in your posts is really annoying.....you must not be a fan.
    "I'm sorry but, misspelling a players name as badly as you did makes you sound like you just flipped on the tv to watch the bruins, and hockey for that matter, for the first time ever. "
    Talk about a run on sentence.....better look into that.....fanboy.

Oh, and the sentence "'significant injuries is what caused the Bruins to lose"...this really is terrible grammar, you can't use a plural followed with "is".  It should be "Significant injuries ARE what caused".  I hope you do not write for a living....Seriously dude?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

[QUOTE]    It is looking more and more that the Bruins' chance at Lord Stanley's cup was last year.    Didn't think it was possible, but this year's defence looks more inept at getting the puck out of their zone than last  years.    Also, with Wheeler looking much more comfortable on LW rather than RW. the bruins have to pray that Sturm can switch to RW, or else they are going to have to make a trade a lot sooner that they thought. The bruins need a RW with speed on the Lucic / Savard line ( like a Kessel maybe) to stretch out defences, and Sturm fits the bill. Ryder is best suited as a 2nd line winger (preferably on another team, but that's not happening).    With Bergeron looking like he is never going to score another goal in his life,  and his great passes going to waste on Recchi and Kobasew, I would like the bruins to experiment with turning him into a defenceman when Kreichi is ready to play. I know forwards almost never become defencemen, but I think Bergeron has the skill and brains to pull it off, and on this team, I think he would instantly become the #2 d-man.    At least the Bruins have the goaltending to keep them in most games, and with this defence, they better not have any off nights.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeffMaine. Show JeffMaine's posts

[QUOTE]IceGoalie: he may not know how to spell, but he is right.  Do you count on Thomas having the career year he had last year?  He bailed that slow defense out of so many mistakes.  Thomas is not getting younger, and his style will eventually lead to breakdowns.  They didnt do anything to improve the defense that couldnt move the puck last year.  Do you really think Krejci will jump right back in from hip surgery to dominate?  Do you really think Bergeron has shown ANY signs of re-gaining his scoring touch, I didnt see it last year.  So not only did they not improve over the off-season, they got worse by trading their best goal scorer for draft picks.  if I hear one more homer say "Kessel didnt play defense, or hit people".  Last I remember, Gretz, Mario, Jagr, etc.  didnt do that either.....yet they seemed to find a place in the league.  I have an idea, how about the B's trade Krejci for another Marck Recchi?? That is the M.O. of this team anyways, someone starts to shine brightly, trade em quick while their value is good before they ask for money.  I hope I didnt spell anything wrong....because that is what's really important on this site after all.  If I can't spell some Russian dudes name right, I must not be a fan.  Oh, and just so you know, your over use of comma's in your posts is really annoying.....you must not be a fan. " I'm sorry but, misspelling a players name as badly as you did makes you sound like you just flipped on the tv to watch the bruins, and hockey for that matter, for the first time ever. " Talk about a run on sentence.....better look into that.....fanboy. Oh, and the sentence "'significant injuries is what caused the Bruins to lose"...this really is terrible grammar, you can't use a plural followed with "is".  It should be "Significant injuries ARE what caused".  I hope you do not write for a living....Seriously dude?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

Is it REALLY the MO?

Or is it YOU wanting to pretend that its the MO of the organization?

Bergeron got a GREAT deal....
    Krecji got a very nice deal....
    Matt Hunick got paid....
    Didnt Wideman get a nice deal?

Hmmm....

Tim Thomas?
    Wasnt it Boston who made Thornton 6.5 million bucks?

Its just a blatant untruth to say that this Bruin regime doesnt pay its up and coming kids.

Also....I could care less if Kessel HIT people.  The fact is that he didnt TAKE hits to make plays.  Jagr and Mario made a living taking body checks to make something happen.

Jaromir Jagr was probably abused more than any other player in the NHL!  The only way to stop him was to beat on him!

Later

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

[QUOTE]IceGoalie: he may not know how to spell, but he is right.  Do you count on Thomas having the career year he had last year?  He bailed that slow defense out of so many mistakes.  Thomas is not getting younger, and his style will eventually lead to breakdowns.  They didnt do anything to improve the defense that couldnt move the puck last year.  Do you really think Krejci will jump right back in from hip surgery to dominate?  Do you really think Bergeron has shown ANY signs of re-gaining his scoring touch, I didnt see it last year.  So not only did they not improve over the off-season, they got worse by trading their best goal scorer for draft picks.  if I hear one more homer say "Kessel didnt play defense, or hit people".  Last I remember, Gretz, Mario, Jagr, etc.  didnt do that either.....yet they seemed to find a place in the league.  I have an idea, how about the B's trade Krejci for another Marck Recchi?? That is the M.O. of this team anyways, someone starts to shine brightly, trade em quick while their value is good before they ask for money.  I hope I didnt spell anything wrong....because that is what's really important on this site after all.  If I can't spell some Russian dudes name right, I must not be a fan.  Oh, and just so you know, your over use of comma's in your posts is really annoying.....you must not be a fan. " I'm sorry but, misspelling a players name as badly as you did makes you sound like you just flipped on the tv to watch the bruins, and hockey for that matter, for the first time ever. " Talk about a run on sentence.....better look into that.....fanboy. Oh, and the sentence "'significant injuries is what caused the Bruins to lose"...this really is terrible grammar, you can't use a plural followed with "is".  It should be "Significant injuries ARE what caused".  I hope you do not write for a living....Seriously dude?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

haha, thanks, slick, that, made, me, laugh

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins' CUP Window now closed :    I'm guessing you are talking about the number of injuries. I know they had a lot, but most were able to still play and contribute. I am sure that other teams had injuries we were not aware of as well, and I hate using injuries as an excuse.    I worry that Bergeron, Kobasew, Sturm and Ferrance maybe close to being labelled as injury prone or fragile.

the most important injuries were to hunwick and ference. These are often over looked but our depth was destroyed.....montador and hnidy just couldn't cut it

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

trytobearit theres a long post i wrote on page 2 about why the Bruins don't need Kessel, I will refer you to that

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

With our current team probably not, too many questions on the key players such as Bergeron?, Wheeler?, Sturm? Recchi And I never seen a club to lose his better scorer and the following year win the Stanley cup. But the things can change. 

And then, Win the  Stanley cup is it so important? Years after years for league fans  it`s more a dream than reality. One thing is shure we will have a very good club and surely a lot of pleasures to see them play. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bruins' CUP Window now closed : With our current team probably not, too many questions on the key players such as Bergeron?, Wheeler?, Sturm? Recchi And I never seen a club to lose his better scorer and the following year win the Stanley cup. But the things can change.  And then, Win the  Stanley cup is it so important? Years after years for league fans  it`s more a dream than reality. One thing is shure we will have a very good club and surely a lot of pleasures to see them play. 
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

Sorry, BlueChip, but just as Cubs fans are dying for a title (add Bills fans, Cleveland fans, ANY long-suffering fans) it really IS all about winning the Cup. Honestly, this is an Original 6 franchise w/a gloried history of some of the greatest players in the game, and 37 years is long enough to wait. Especially with so many lousy, simply terrible teams put on the ice since 1990....Every other pro franchise in Boston has delivered...it's time for the Bruins to do so as well. They owe it to the fans who have been so loyal for so long.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]trytobearit theres a long post i wrote on page 2 about why the Bruins don't need Kessel, I will refer you to that

I will read your post on Kessel and get back to you. I have no interest in having a flame war with you--you should realize that. I believe you are a true Bruins fan and want them to win. But you should give fans like myself who tend to be more pessimistic the benefit of the doubt (and frankly, a little more respect given how long we've been following this team), because being a fan doesn't always mean agreeing with the moves made by ownership/management.

You can be a fan and still be critical (ask Cubs fans). I want the Bruins to win a title more than you can possibly know...I just simply can't find the certainty you seem to have that this team as constituted can get it done..or even come close.