Bruins dangling Kessel as trade bait

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

Bruins dangling Kessel as trade bait

From August 2nd but still interesting to read - If he is actually requesting this much, i dont know if it will fly or not...I love his game but I think he really has to prove himself another year and work on his defensive game a bit more before he gets a pay day like that.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos090802.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

Re: Bruins dangling Kessel as trade bait

response to thread title....

yes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Trade bait for what. If there has not not been a move yet there will be no move. Eklund now has Kessel to SJ, or Edmonton but these teams don't have the cap space and you can't listen to Ek anyway. You got your caption from the Fourth Period which is another rumor site alttle better but not to reliable either. PC will trade Kobie and Ference for picks to get Kessel when he is ready to come back and this BULL about Kessel being traded will finally stop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaykk1. Show jaykk1's posts

I agree with “brunod” that the Bruins should trade Kobesew and Ference in order to clear cap space and sign Kessel.  Trading Kobasew makes sense because the Bruins are already deep on the right wing.  Both he and Ference have been injury prone as well.  In return they should try for a defensive prospect to fill Ference’s void.  Some players the Bruins should consider are Kris Russell (Columbus), Nicklas Grossman (Dallas), Matt Niskanen (Dallas), Kyle Quincey (Colorado), Thomas Hickey (Los Angeles), and Bob Sanguinetti (New York Rangers).  All these players are young and can develop well for the future.  The Bruins should then sign Kessel to a three year, $4,000,000 cap hit deal.  This contract for Kessel would be more than reasonable with the skill he's displayed thus far.  Kessel just needs to realize his day will come for a larger contract once he proves himself more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

yes its a rumour site - but thats all that there is right now is rumours
    wait and see - he'll be traded
    you heard it hear first folks....
    thank you and god bless

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins dangling Kessel as trade bait:
    yes its a rumour site - but thats all that there is right now is rumours wait and see - he'll be traded you heard it hear first folks.... thank you and god bless
    Posted by bailey77

If you actually believe we "heard it hear first,"  you must have been living in a cave for the past few months.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

As much as I hate to say it, I personally think Kessel will get traded. I'm not sure Chiarelli is willing to trade multiple players to clear enough cap space to sign him. If you trade Kobasew & Ference, you trade 2 of the teams best contracts. Both of the contracts don't count a ton against the cap. When Chiarelli gave Morris $3.3 million, I think it signaled that Kessel isn't in his plans. After trading Ward, Chiarelli had enough cap space to possibly do a deal with Kessel. He didn't. He signed Morris instead.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LAFFY4. Show LAFFY4's posts

Kessel will not be traded. We need his scoring touch. The only way Kessel would be traded is if by any miracle all our forwards are on pace to score 30 goals. That won't happen. So the Bruins will have 2 months to see who is expendable. Probably Kobasew, as for Ference he was one of the best Bruin's D before he got injured. He was a force and dominant. I remember the game agaisnt Dallas when he laid that crushing open ice hit on Ott and beat up Avery right after. If Wideman keeps giving the puck away and missing the net on 98% of his shots he could get traded especially if  Hunwick and Ference stay healthy. This way we could keep Kobasew who is a very good forward for us and played well on the Bergy line.
    KESSEL WILL STAY IN BOSTON UNLESS A MIRACLE HAPPENS AND ALL THEIR FORWARDS ARE SCORING GOALS PROFUSELY!!!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

good call duinne everyone that was living in a cave thought Kessel would stay in boston - money talks, and the Bruins did not dismantle their CURRENT roster to satisfy Kessel.

Sections
Shortcuts