BRUINS deserve more coverage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

BRUINS deserve more coverage

Such a great team would deserve more coverage from Radio, Newspapers, TV networks..would you believe in Montreal they have a french radio station CKAC who talks about the Mtl Canadiens from 9:AM till 11:59PM every day 365 days a year + they have a one hour TV prime time on 3 different stations : RDS , CBC french network and Channel V ...they also talk more about the Bruins here than in Boston thats why we have a great bunch of BRUINS fans in Montreal ....Habs have a terrible team and they get the press and all networks talking about them ...if the B's would play in Montreal instead of Boston the crowd would go crazy here with so many talented player like Chara-Thomas-Savard-Bergeron-Kobasew-Ryder-Stuart-Wideman-Wheeler-Morris-Rask-  I tell you it would be unreal ...
    GO BRUINS ! ! !  Boston fans please support our team ...this is our year

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Re: BRUINS deserve more coverage

The Sports Hub is changing that as far as Radio goes - but NESN covering basically nothing of the preseason is annoying - only one televised game and thats because it was vs. Toronto on the NHL Network. I wouldn't compare anything locally to Montreal, the only thing I wish we had around here vs. Montreal is Poutine, St. Catherine St. and more Molson High Dry!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I presume that the only way to get more Bruins coverage from the Boston medias, for the Boston fans, is to ask for it.

If the editors receive at least one phone call, or e-mail a day, they will probably think of doing better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to BRUINS deserve more coverage:
    [QUOTE]Such a great team would deserve more coverage from Radio, Newspapers, TV networks..would you believe in Montreal they have a french radio station CKAC who talks about the Mtl Canadiens from 9:AM till 11:59PM every day 365 days a year + they have a one hour TV prime time on 3 different stations : RDS , CBC french network and Channel V ...they also talk more about the Bruins here than in Boston thats why we have a great bunch of BRUINS fans in Montreal ....Habs have a terrible team and they get the press and all networks talking about them ...if the B's would play in Montreal instead of Boston the crowd would go crazy here with so many talented player like Chara-Thomas-Savard-Bergeron-Kobasew-Ryder-Stuart-Wideman-Wheeler-Morris-Rask-  I tell you it would be unreal ... GO BRUINS ! ! !  Boston fans please support our team ...this is our year  
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

Boston is not bruin town unfortuneately, but it could have been , i believe, if we had responsible mgmt committed to winning only.

here we go sox, here we go
    here we go pats here we go
    here we go celts here we go

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

The Bruins have won 2 playoff round series in the past 16 years...

Boston has 3 recent World Champions in Boston. The Patriots. The Celtics. & The RedSox all of whom are owned by win at all costs owners. Then there are the Bruins.

When the Bruins someway somehow actually win in i dont know... THE SECOND ROUND!!... and stop the chronic under achieving then they will DESERVE more coverage.

p.s. Jacobs wont even pay to have his home preseason games televised! What does that tell you? Jacobs owns 20% of NESN and controls the Bruins portion of it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

I'll give you three good reasons despite my dislike for the reasoning.  The Red Sox, Patriots, and the Celtics are ALL ahead of the Bruins in this town.  However, the Bruins are certainly making a name for themselves and I'm loving that

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

More media coverage is NOT a reward.
    It is a punishment.

Almost NEVER does more coverage translate into good hockey talk. It turns it into a soap opera that is constantly being re-cast

It translates into:
    • Who's girlfriend is at the arena that night
    • Who can't handle the spotlight
    • Who is faking injuries
    • Who has a bad relationship with coach/manager
    • What does Papelbon think about Obama
    • Who is over-paid and who is complaining when hes being overpaid
    • Who is depressed and who is arrogant
    • Who is getting divorced and who got caught cheating
    I repeat: More media coverage is NOT a reward.

The product on the field/ice should stand alone, I don't want to know about the players outside of their charity work, and their work on the field/ice

See Red Sox and Patriots

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I like knowing/seeing that the Bruins aren't over covered, ridiculed, scrutinized constantly. In the United States hockey is still a cult sport the #4 big sport.

Probably really #6 or #7 if you throw in College Basketball and Football.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

The best way to recognize a good fan from a bad fan

Win or lose the good fan will support his team

The bad fans just like there are so many in Montreal ....when the team really plays bad like the habs did for a few years in a row ...the fans will tell you that they are not into hockey because of the high salaries and blah blah blah

GO BRUINS ! ! !  and my resgards to all the real fans

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

How about the Bruins should deserve better coverage?

I saw the final regular season on tv in NY last year and I was blown away.  Instead of an idiot like Rob Simpson like we used to have, they had Bobby Ftorek running around on the bench and in the stands.  They had like 3 NHL guys doing color commentary and another group in between periods.

Plus a play by play guy who wasn't a circus side show like we have.

I was impressed.

The women we have do nothing except throw out softball questions and make obvious prescripted comments.  It's pretty bush league.  There's a LOT of improvement they could make in the presentation.

And for the globe, how come I can't get email alerts for new articles like I can the news?  I don't want to use twitter.

Better coverage.  Get more informed fans.  It helps hockey which helps the bruins which helps the whole nhl.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS deserve more coverage:
    [QUOTE]More media coverage is NOT a reward. It is a punishment. Almost NEVER does more coverage translate into good hockey talk. It turns it into a soap opera that is constantly being re-cast It translates into: Who's girlfriend is at the arena that night Who can't handle the spotlight Who is faking injuries Who has a bad relationship with coach/manager What does Papelbon think about Obama Who is over-paid and who is complaining when hes being overpaid Who is depressed and who is arrogant Who is getting divorced and who got caught cheating I repeat: More media coverage is NOT a reward. The product on the field/ice should stand alone, I don't want to know about the players outside of their charity work, and their work on the field/ice See Red Sox and Patriots

ur simply trying to justufy bruins media coverage or lack therof.The whole premise of a sports franchise is to be in the limelight of the media. this is a clear indication that the team is doinng something right rather than falling into total obscurity.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

someone should start a bruins coverage website... legit business - allow fans to blog about the live game at hand, have power rankings of star players on the team that could be released every week due to weekly performances. Might not be breaking news but anything reliable can be found on multiple website sources that the site could post immediately. Bruins needs more coverage than Boston.com gives them. Im a huge bruins fan and hate how no one cares about them til the spring. Its by far the best entertainment found in Boston!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

I like the coverage they have right now.

Sure, there are no pre-season games on TV, but NESN isn't going to broadcast pre-season hockey in favor of regular season baseball. It will never happen so there is no use in even asking. If you want to watch pre-season hockey, there are more than enough internet streams of the games going on, you just have to know where to look for them.

Also, the Bruins are on the FM dial now thank to 98.5 so it should increase their listener fan base. 98.5 gave the team a 30 minute pre-game show, which is new and they have carried most of the pre-season games (when it doesn't interfere with regular season football).

To us, the Bruins are important and we want them to be important to everyone else, but when you have other teams in the city dominating their respective sport you can't expect people to pay attention to a franchise that had little to no "pull" in Boston before the past 2 seasons.

I'll take the lack of "media coverage" because then the bandwagon fans stay away, the "pink hats" (or jerseys in this case) stay away and the hardcore fan base will still remain.

Bottom of the pecking order looks horrible, sure, but the rewards are so much sweeter in my eyes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

i woulod live to see bruins get more coverage in fact. i want to see bruins being number 1 sport in new  england

let's not forget how pathetic the pats were for tyhe longest of time, they actually were talks, at the time of relocation.

this is why i keep strssing the importance of winning. It can bring the bruins s so much notoriety something they just do have enough of.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

Do they still have that weekly show that was on NESN a few years ago that focused on just the B's?

As much as they deserve more coverage, I have to admit that I've been pretty happy with NESN's coverage the last few years: good pre- and postgame coverage, a Rob Simpson or whoever down by the ice/lockers, intermission interviews, postgame press conference, etc. Waaaay more attention by the network than we used to have. Plus HD games? The only argueable minus is Jack Edwards calling the game.

Plus the B's have the Winter Classic this year, several spots on Versus, and more if you have The NHL Network. Two Newspapers. A couple blogs run by some fellow forum goons.

I think the coverage is good, but any more and we'd be lumped up in the whole Planet Earth vs. Sox/Patriots Hate Match that envelops the globe. I'd rather not be lumped in some "_____ Nation" generalization of our fanbase. It's awkward enough when I see one of those 40 year old moms wearing a Red Sox hat, player shirt and team windbreaker pushing a stroller with 2 kids with toddler-size player shirts on with matching hats. Barf.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

NESN does have a weekly Bruins show, called "The Buzz." And Pezel is correct; NESN covers both the Bruins and the Red Sox, and they certainly aren't going to show a preaseason hockey game instead of a regular-season baseball game. That's just common sense, not some Jacobs-ordered conspiracy.

(And BTW, this bizarre obsession some "fans" have with Jacobs has gone beyond annoying and has tipped over into completely bizarre. Get over it, people. He owns the team. They spend to the cap. Period.) 

The problem of lack of Bruins coverage has several angles: First of all, this is a four-sport town, where baseball is king and football runs a close second, and the basketball team is the most recent champion. Montreal has little else besides the Canadiens.

Secondly, the local sports talk is dominated by a radio station that features hosts that not only don't like hockey, but are openly scornful of it. It's wonderful that there is now an alternate station that IS welcoming to hockey talk, but for those of us outside of metropolitan Boston, it doesn't help. I won't even be able to listen to the games on the radio anymore (I could get 1030 am, but not 98.5 fm), unless they're putting together a New England network along the lines of WEEI's.

And really, it's almost a blessing that the EEI yobboes don't talk hockey, because when they do, their stupidity is staggering. Who wants to listen to sports "experts" who can't even pronounce Milan Lucic's name correctly?

Thirdly, hockey is seen by most of the media (see ESPN, Fox, etc.) as a "secondary" sport, well behind the holy triumvirate of pro football, pro basketball, and college football. I pretty much stopped watching SportsCenter last year when they ignored a fantastic Bruins/Canadiens game and spent 15 minutes of the show interviewing "Pacman" Jones.

There is a side benefit (as others have pointed out); being ignored by the media keeps most if not all of the "pink hat" bandwagoners away, though the Bruins' season last year did have the unfortunate consequence of Bill Simmons writing a column about how he was such a great Bruins fan, etc. etc. Gag.