Bruins didn't get the MEMO

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

...like Middleton , Milbury, McNab, Shepperd ,Jonathan,Ratelle and Park added to replace the guys they lost to injuryand WHA. Those were the days when the management was top-notch, and itshowed on the ice.

So we are about the same "vintage".á I think you have to looká back on this Middleton, Ratell and Park all came from New York [giving up Espo and Hodge and some others].á But the management at the time was JJ with GM of Sinden if I recall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

True, but they did win the series in 05. No comfort for Cubs fans.

Hockey, Blackhawks...last cup '61

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

I had season tix from 88-96 (Gave them up one yr into the fleetcenter). The old days we had Bourque, Cam, Oatsie or Janney, Juneau and I could go on Rosie, Dmitri both we got rid of apparently because they could find the back of the net....

They never made the trade down the stretch we needed, on occasiuon they made a good move Dave Poulin was a great acquisition but not enough. I saw them lose to Edmonton twice in the finals! I'm glad they let Ray win in Colorado would have prefered it be here b ut that was not going to happen.

I never believed for a second it was Harry because Jacobs could have said I want to win the cup and Harry would have delivered!!

JJ just does not care and these people who keep feeding him money for a mediocre product at best are nuts but hey it is there money and they can do what they want.....I want players back like Gary Galley and the ones I mentioned before and want people to fear coming in to our barn and know they better not cross our blue line with their heads down because they will get there clock cleaned!!

Milbury should be coaching this team and I'm sure CAM is telling them what it means to wear the Black & Gold!

I still cannot watch them though

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

...I mentioned before and want people to fear coming in to our barn andknow they better not cross our blue line with their heads down becausethey will get there clock cleaned!!

Milbury should be coaching this team and I'm sure CAM is telling them what it means to wear the Black & Gold!

I still cannot watch them though

I think you should read your post in reverse order...If you don't watch them how do you know they don'tá clean clocks?á Prior to the season the Bruins promised two things [paraphrasing] - one they wanted to transform the team into a team that other teams really didn't want to play.á The other was to fundamentally change their team play.á To someone that has watched them through good and bad times, they have followed through on them.á

Sure you are not going to see the brawls and the unbelievable hitting that we use to see in the 80's the league as really gotten rid of it.á The year after the lock out was absolutely rediculous it seemed the whistle was blowing everytime anyone touched a player.á It has calmed down a bit,á Lucic's play is a good example of this.

One of my pet peeves about the team for the past 3-4 years was the lack of leadership.á The lack of sticking up for each other, etc.á The lack of taking the body.á It is much better this year than I've seen it in many years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dei991. Show dei991's posts

Because they started playing the game l;ike it was on a tennis court years ago! I know people who still watch and say not alot has changed but some are excited about the new kid who can fight but that is a small part of the game I mean having an enforcer is great to police the ice when need be.

I still stop from time to time but usaually cannot get through much as it is boring hockey!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

RE: Samsanov...á Yeah, and people liked him anyway. He had injuries that stalled his career. He's only 29.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

Orrthebest... you keep on believing in your Bruins. Until they pony up the dough, they're going to remain average and have no chance of winning a Stanley Cup. And, Bill Guerin is a perfect example of someone they should have signed, but didn't becasue of? Money.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

pony up the dough was ok to say before the salary cap. spend the money wisely would be a good motto now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wb374. Show wb374's posts

People who blame Harry Sinden for the Bruins are wrong.á Sinden brought some pretty good people in here.á Barry Pederson for (Cam Neely and draft picks Glen Wesley / Kyle McLaren).á The person who should be blamed for all of this is Mike O'Connell.á He single handidly ruined the Bruins.á They went from second best record in the league before the lockout to a disgrace.á How do you get rid of Rolston, Knuble, Gonchar, Nylander, Gonchar, Samsonov, Boynton, Lapointe, Sean O'Donnell, Ian Moran, PJ Stock, Colton Orr, and Joe Thornton and get nothing in return.á At least with Sinden here, you could recognize the players on the team and they had a personality.á Byers, Miller, Nilan, Neely, Oates, Guerrin.á

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

If the Bruins picked up Samsanov for nothing, and he scored 12 goals and 12 assists in his first 27 games with the Bruins, would you really care what he did in Chicago? Like I said, it's amazing what good health and the right situation will do for a guy. He may get hurt tomorrow and be done for the year. That wasn't the point.The point still is thatáhe was doing well at the time despite injuries and wanted a raise because he was getting paid nothing. They shipped him out and he hasn't looked like himself until now.Anyone who says they've seen every game Samsanov has played and that he wasn't tough and scrappy is full of it. He's a tough kid and played hard. The little Russian from Moscow has more heart than most of the guys the Bruins have right now.Sinden, by the way, got lucky and got cheap. Anything (goes) back in the 70's, but once the 80's arrived, the only way this team made it to the Stanley Cup was on pure heart. In 2008 NHL, you're not going to be able to do that. Is that what so many of you are defending? Do you really think the Bruins have done everything they can to win a Stanley Cup since the lock-out? Or, even the 20 years before the lock-out?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

You're insane. Thornton is playing for the San Jose Sharks. When in your lifetime do you really think the San Jose Sharks will win a Stanley Cup? I suppose the Lighting won one, so anything is possible, but be serious. Joe was San Jose's attempt at credibility. They're competitive and according to ESPN ranked 4th in power rankings. Bruins are at lucky 13, right in the middle. Average. Put Joe back on this team and the Bruins are a top 10, maybe a top 5 team.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

since thorton isn't a scorer there would be little dif with him and no savard except maybe having less $$ to spend for other players

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmac77. Show catmac77's posts

JT - ahead in points, former Hart and Art Ross Trophy Winner, Team Canada stallwart

MS - ???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

Orr, it doesn't take a an NHL statistician or historian to tell you the Bruins are average and will remain average until they adopt a new philosophy. Your insistence that I don't know much about hockey shows what little defense you have. I may have lost a few brain cells since my twins were born, and the Bruins turned me off to hockey just prior to the lockout, but anyone who watched this team pretty much every game for a good 20 years between say 1980-2000, can tell you what the organization is about. Sinden is about the NHL, not the Bruins. He was very outspoken about NHL policies that would protect the game financially, and HAD to lead by example. Jacobs is ALL business and is out to make money. The most knowledgeable reporters, talk-show hosts, sports anchors on TV have all talked about it.They haven't made good choices since the lockout. Before that, they were extremely cheap. They will be lucky to make the playoffs. Ten wins separateá#1 and Atlanta in their division. Washington is a better team. Buffalo is better.á You watch. They have zero heart. Zero leadership. They'reácoming undoneáalready. Buffalo and/or the Caps will catch fire in the last 14 games and the Bruins won't make it. They can't nikel and dime their way into the playoffs, because that just means a first-round defeat.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

What baseball you don't like the fact that JJ brought in PC so he could build a winner.

Are you kidding me? It's more likely they will stagger like a drunk until they bottom out and then shoot for a number 1 draft pick. Short of that, PC will keep this team average because he hasn't figured out the formula. It's all in the MEMO.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

PS ~ PCáis a puppet brought here to build a winneráwith no money. Have you seen Slap Shot?PPS~ Have the Bruins even come close to maxing out their salary cap? They are about $17 million below the cap. That means they're spending about 2/3 the amount they could.Boston Bruin fans deserve a championship. Not just a competitive team. Not just a winner. A champion. The organization has not and will not do what's needed to wináa Stanley Cup. That's it. I don't believe in them anymore. They need to prove me wrong by their actions. So far, PC hasn't done anything new or different.Do you know what a pump and dump scheme is in the stock market? See recent rumors about Marian Hossa and Brian Campbell. They get the fans' hopes up and don't deliver. Good luck with that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

Geeez, the B's are hanging on by a thread. They'll be in the #8 spot after tomorrow.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

Looks like the B's didn't get another memo.� The one telling them they play in the NHL and not the freaking MLS.� Averaging just over one goal a game during March and a run for the playoffs!!!!!!
    Gooooooooooooooooooooal!� Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

PPS~ Have the Bruins even come close to maxing out their salary cap?They are about $17 million below the cap. That means they're spendingabout 2/3 the amount they could.

Go back and check your numbers...your not even close.� I think you probably looked at some site which reflected the players on the ice that had an impact on the cap. Or it could have neen a site that measures the salary cap $s with regard to the remaining games in the season, etc I know the last I looked they had about 11M left in "cap room" for the entire roster at trade deadine.� The sum of the individual salaries/bonuses from the remaining games for the entire roster had to come out to 'under 11M'.� Was looking at the 'afforability of Hossa'.� The bottom line is the Bruins have been up against the cap since it came out and your statement is incorrect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseballdiamond. Show baseballdiamond's posts

I checked my numbers and�they showed the B's have more money to play with and won't spend it. It showed individual player salaries. The information is out there. The Bruins are cheap, cheap and cheap which results in boring, boring and more boring.You're not talking (writing, whatever) to someone who has always hated the Bruins, or wants the Bruins to fail. They have proven year after year after year that they will not spend the money. They boost hopes with false promises and new "signings", but in the end the players and coaches they bring in are never enough. Two of the better coaches we've had in the last 25 years were Pat Burns and Mike Keenan. These guys wanted a little more say and wanted to go get the players we needed. Management wouldn't do it, the coaches got�upset, and were subsequently fired. Fan favorites start to cost too much money and, buh-bye.It doesn't take an expert to see the trend. You can question the numbers all you want, the bottom line numbers are W and L. The Bruins do just enough to keep you interested. I'm just not being suckered in anymore. When the Bruins show me something different, maybe I'll watch again. For now, I think they are a disgrace to this city, their fans and the league. The Bruins should be a powerhouse, and I don't care what the other teams around here do.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scullerjay. Show scullerjay's posts

Why don't you show your sources on the dollars - basically you are incorrect.�

I do like the coaches you bring up as they were the right coaches at the right times for the Bruins.� Keenan is only a 'short timer' no matter where his teams seem to tune him out.� Basically a coach with such an abraisive style...don't think there are many long term success stories.� For Burns, I always thought he was a good coach.�� Somewhat agree on the W/L record, except when the Bruins had the best W/L record noone seems to remember it although it was 3-4 years ago.� What the do remember is losing to the number 8 seed in the playoffs.

Here is a summary of the salary cap information which is fairly up-to-date:
    http://www.nhlscap.com/teamnumbers.htm

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox24manny. Show redsox24manny's posts

The one thing I have to say is that this year I give the Bruins a pass. They have had a TON of injuries and bascially had to rush up Sobotka, Krejci and Lashoff. All 3 have shown they belong, but if you look at the roster, this team would be ALOT BETTER if it had Bergeron and,......yes......if he were healthy.....ZHAMNOV. You can say that ZHAMNOV was a bust because he�got hurt, HOWEVER, if you look at the roster, that salary is spoken for and should be taken into consideration. This team has scoring issues.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

hi. i know this is not hockey related and...

i know manny r. helped the red sox win two world series but� #24 will always be "EVANS number 24 EVANS right field" he couldn't help it if he had a lousy manager.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsox24manny. Show redsox24manny's posts

I agree. I think the reason why they gave 24 to Manny was because Dan Danquette wanted to do whatever it took to make Manny happy. If it were the present regeim, they would have given him another number. Just like no one will ever wear 21. I am convinced that they will retire Clemens' number someday. Yogi Berry and Bill Dickey wore the same number, but that was a different circumstance.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

good thoughts indeed. i agree

Sections
Shortcuts