Bruins do NOTHING to improve team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sizzzlechest. Show Sizzzlechest's posts

Bruins do NOTHING to improve team

Lose: Yelle

Axelsson

Kessel

Ward

Hnidy

Montador

Kobasew

Nokelainen

Gain: Begin, Paille, Satan, Morris

Re-signed Bitz.

Not only are the Bruins treading water but they are now downgrading in posisitions to save cash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JIMRICE1989. Show JIMRICE1989's posts

Re: Bruins do NOTHING to improve team

haven't lost axe or recchi just yet, and theres no cash to spend b/c of the cap.  what would you suggest them really do?  We can have promotions from providence and be just as effective as random free agent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

only July 2nd

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Don't look at not signing big names as not improving - you can look at it this way - yes Montreal signed Gionta and Cammelari and Spacek, we have signed Thomas and Krecji and maybe lost Axe, Yelle and Recchi. They needed to make all these moves to compete - we didn't. We also get Sturm back and a lot of young players with more experience and better health than last season. If Kessel is not re-signed then expect a bigger move - other than that - we need role players not All-Stars.
    Bitz is moving to Center - natural position and Sobotka is coming up from Providence this season (most likely)- no room for Yelle.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Where did Yelle go? I was hopeful to read a big signing this morning, but am also a little disappointed.

The Habs spent 100M + yesterday, we spent 850k.  Yikes.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

We had nothing to do we have the best team in the NHL

GO BRRRUINS !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

The habs spent 100 mill because they had 10 guys go out to free agency and had cap space to spend - they were at 30 million for this season to start the day, we were up at 50 already and didn't need to sign any big name players. Our team is stocked (only open issue is Kessel and maybe Hunwick). We have $7 million left to spend to sign Kessel or a replacement and Hunwick. If you are dropping 100 million on the first day of free agency that usually means you have some issues.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

If the Bruins lose Kessel, they will be hard pressed to replace his 36 goals.

Kessel may even be a potential 50 goal scorer.  The trouble is that the 

Bruins prefer "muckers" over skilled players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

Not much the Bruins can do because of the contract of Chara, Savard and Bergeron. They have one of the highest payrolls in hockey, some due to overpaying in a different era. Bergeron's $5 million was part of the Jacobs "hey lets sign two fans favorties" and let the team stink strategy. Granted he has had injuries but to date he hasnt put up numbers to justify his contract(ehhemmh phil kessel like one 30+ goal season). Even Chara and Savard are contract of earlier salary cap ERA. Look at offfesive threat like Hossa, Sedins and Cammarelli only making $6million. Last year that might have been $7. The Bruins are hamstrung until they clear some of these contracts. So for now this is the team. 2011-12 if Charelli is around it will really be his team.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I have to admit I am not immpressed with the way PC is handling the off season thus far. He is giving in alittle to Mr. Jacobs in buying out Shaefer and giving good cap space to save the BOSS money which is not good because JJ is getting involed again. I see the Bruins not signing Yelle,  Axe, or Recchi because of JJ meddling, and signing lesser players like Begin to fill rolls. The bruins will not be the team they were last year because they will loose too many players and maybe Kessel and won't be able to replace anyone of them because of cap space. I am frankly worried about the regrestion of the Bruins due to the loss of so many players and the team chemistry will not be the same. PC will have to be alittle more creative to help the Bruins just be the team they were last year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins do NOTHING to improve team:
    [QUOTE]If the Bruins lose Kessel, they will be hard pressed to replace his 36 goals. Kessel may even be a potential 50 goal scorer.  The trouble is that the  Bruins prefer "muckers" over skilled players.
    Posted by JimKe[/QUOTE]

Really - Savard and Krecji aren't skilled guys? Not hard pressed - Sturm returns and is a high 20's low 30's goal guy. He had 7 in like 15 games last year. Don't forget - Neely thought Sturm could be a 40 goal guy. THe Bruins have balanced scoring (Wheeler was a 20 goal guy in his rookie season, will only improve) and could do a lot with the cash they would spend on Kessel (along with draft picks) if he goes elsewhere. Having said that, I wouldn't mind seeing him stay either.
    Its not the end of the world if he goes is simply my point, you have options.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimKe. Show JimKe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins do NOTHING to improve team :
    Posted by JimKe[/QUOTE]

There was talk earlier of the Bruins wanting to dump Savard's contract
    by trading him.  So long as the Jacobs family owns the Bruins, I will be
    fearful of the Bruins tearing the team apart to save money.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

What is all the whininng about. The Bruins are in great shape. BradyBruin said it best, we didn't sign all these players cause we don't have to. Look at the Lightning last year. They signed a bunch of free agents and were supposed to be a threat. How did that work out?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

You said it all Brady. Sturm will replace what Kessel did last year and remember the B's were the top three in goals for and against and where did they go in the playoffs???? They nead to make subtle changes like Begin for more playoff grit. Yelle didn't do much in the playoffs and Axe was off all year. Recci will sign soon too. They should sign Hunwick then pick up a good 2-3mil solid D man, that's all they need to start the season. Everyone has watched Harry Sinden make drastic moves for too long and think making big moves every year is what needs to be done, did everyone forget what the B's did last year?? they didn't that much last year for changes. Their weak spot was going deep in the playoffs, so you go out and get players willing to do whatever it takes to win in the playoffs and who care how well they do in the regular season...like the Pens.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

brunod - Losing all these players this year? Who? Montador is the only one officially gone. Thats a gain for the Bruins. Kessel is the only possible "loss" they are looking at. Hunwick will not be lost becuase of compensation nobody is going to make an offer PC won't match on him. Yelle has always been known to be gone. Hnidy is an extra D - I like him, but there is no room for him. Axe is not really a loss - you lose PK, but you have guys who are great at it and obvisouly PC thinks Begin will be good there as well. Not sure why you would say team chemistry not the same - you virtually have the same team only a season wiser. If Kess stays - you have the same top 2 lines as last season - and your third improves with Sturm joining bergy and Kobasew.
    WHAT LOSSES?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

n Response to Bruins do NOTHING to improve team:
    [QUOTE]Lose: Yelle Axe Recchi Gain: Begin Re-signed Bitz. Not only are the Bruins treading water but they are now downgrading in posisitions to save cash.
    Posted by Sizzzlechest[/QUOTE] If they were an ageing team I would be pissed. But the young bruins are a perfect example of stand pat makes us better next year. And your saving cash thing has no merit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Not much the Bruins can do because of the contract of Chara, Savard and Bergeron. They have one of the highest payrolls in hockey, some due to overpaying in a different era. Bergeron's $5 million was part of the Jacobs "hey lets sign two fans favorties" and let the team stink strategy. Granted he has had injuries but to date he hasnt put up numbers to justify his contract(ehhemmh phil kessel like one 30+ goal season). Even Chara and Savard are contract of earlier salary cap ERA. Look at offfesive threat like Hossa, Sedins and Cammarelli only making $6million. Last year that might have been $7. The Bruins are hamstrung until they clear some of these contracts. So for now this is the team. 2011-12 if Charelli is around it will really be his team.
    Posted by tmmanning[/QUOTE]Chara just won a norris trophy and savard is a bargain at 5 ml. And we all no what hapened to bergy. Your post is a joke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoeB40. Show JoeB40's posts

I'm also with BradyBruin. Small sample, but Sturm's 7 goals in 19 games is exactly 30 goals over a full season. And while Kessel's 36 would be 42 over a full season, you can't argue that Recchi (over 82 games) should contribute a lot more offensively than PJ. Look, PJ played his role perfect, covering tough forwards, giving up his body on the PK, and showing the younger players how to sacrifice to win. I'll miss him if he's not back. But Recchi also displayed a lot of that, especially since he would spend 95% of his ice time parked within 5 feet of the goalie and getting beat up while helping the team to score a number of much-needed dirty goals.

PC is doing what was done in Pittsburg - Build your team around some very good players (Crosby, Malkin, Fleury) and fill in any gaps that need filling.

The Bruins led the league in GA and were 2nd in GF. Anyone who sees gaping holes didn't see very many games last year. Adding players like Begin and Recchi to make the team tougher for the playoffs is a step in the right direction.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

In Response to Bruins do NOTHING to improve team:
    [QUOTE]Lose: Yelle Axe Recchi Gain: Begin Re-signed Bitz. Not only are the Bruins treading water but they are now downgrading in posisitions to save cash.
    Posted by Sizzzlechest[/QUOTE]

Your dumb and jump to conclusions! We didn't lose Recchi and have yet seen yelle or axe pack their bags. We signed Krejci, Thomas, BeginBitzz and now Recchi.

Montador is gone, thats an improvement no matter who takes his spot. Including some kids at BC or BU.

Get me a top 2 defensemen for Kessel and I believe they got a shot at the cup.

My comments are awesome!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I love what they are doing this year. The guys they have signed is either for 1 or 2 years at minimum money. Savard, Ward. Thornton, Sturm, Kobasew and like 2 more players will be FA's at the seasons end. That creates about $15 to $17 cap space. So, then we can use some of that money to sign Savard at a bit less then what he makes this year. I think he makes $5mill. Maybe we can sign him to a $3.5 mill contract. Then go hard after Kovalchuk at like $6-6.5 mill. With the rest of the money look for an offensive d-man. Maybe around the $4-5 million mark. We still have money to spare after these guy. My dream of next year so dont ruin it LOL

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]I love what they are doing this year. The guys they have signed is either for 1 or 2 years at minimum money. Savard, Ward. Thornton, Sturm, Kobasew and like 2 more players will be FA's at the seasons end. That creates about $15 to $17 cap space. So, then we can use some of that money to sign Savard at a bit less then what he makes this year. I think he makes $5mill. Maybe we can sign him to a $3.5 mill contract. Then go hard after Kovalchuk at like $6-6.5 mill. With the rest of the money look for an offensive d-man. Maybe around the $4-5 million mark. We still have money to spare after these guy. My dream of next year so dont ruin it LOL
    Posted by PAULICAS1975[/QUOTE] Sorry buddy, savard is a bargain at 5 mil. no chance of signing lower.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]Where did Yelle go? I was hopeful to read a big signing this morning, but am also a little disappointed. The Habs spent 100M + yesterday, we spent 850k.  Yikes.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE] And there payroll is still lower than bostons. The habs are as poorly managed as it gets!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspirido. Show aspirido's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins do NOTHING to improve team : Sorry buddy, savard is a bargain at 5 mil. no chance of signing lower.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely agree. He was questionable in his onw end at the time of signing, but he proved wrong a lot of doubters and right now 5mil it's just like present to us.
    If Bergeron play just half as Savvy does it will be haven, but so far his contract not even close to expectations, btw this is why you don't risk give big money to guys like Kessel. One season not enough ground to justify it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoonieMcKutchins. Show BoonieMcKutchins's posts

[QUOTE]We had nothing to do we have the best team in the NHL GO BRRRUINS !
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010[/QUOTE]

The best team in the NHL lost in the second round??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

[QUOTE]I have to admit I am not immpressed with the way PC is handling the off season thus far. He is giving in alittle to Mr. Jacobs in buying out Shaefer and giving good cap space to save the BOSS money which is not good because JJ is getting involed again. I see the Bruins not signing Yelle,  Axe, or Recchi because of JJ meddling, and signing lesser players like Begin to fill rolls. The bruins will not be the team they were last year because they will loose too many players and maybe Kessel and won't be able to replace anyone of them because of cap space. I am frankly worried about the regrestion of the Bruins due to the loss of so many players and the team chemistry will not be the same. PC will have to be alittle more creative to help the Bruins just be the team they were last year.
    Posted by brunod[/QUOTE]

"I have to admit I am not immpressed with the way PC is handling the off season thus far. He is giving in alittle to Mr. Jacobs in buying out Shaefer and giving good cap space to save the BOSS money which is not good because JJ is getting involed again. I see the Bruins not signing Yelle,  Axe, or Recchi because of JJ meddling, and signing lesser players like Begin to fill rolls. The bruins will not be the team they were last year because they will loose too many players and maybe Kessel and won't be able to replace anyone of them because of cap space. I am frankly worried about the regrestion of the Bruins due to the loss of so many players and the team chemistry will not be the same. PC will have to be alittle more creative to help the Bruins just be the team they were last year."

Brillian post Bruno, you hit my sentiments to a Tee. The rose colored glasses wearing crowd wont want to acknowledge those facts but you nailed it.

Sections
Shortcuts