Bruins draftees flopping!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Bruins draftees flopping!

what a sorry excuse for a management team we have! we just got 3 draft picks for Kessel which will probably amount to nothing since they have NO CLUE how to draft..

Mike Oconnell and company drafted better (and that is not saying much) than these clowns..

Hamill- too small? hell- did they not know this at draft time?
    Jumbo Joe Colburne is not panning out..
    so many drafts so few real players..
    its called Bruins

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Re: Bruins draftees flopping!

Generally, the B's have dressed less regulars than their opposition this preseason and have lost one game in regulation.  What are you basing this on?  Kids playing bigs and winning?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins draftees flopping!:
    Generally, the B's have dressed less regulars than their opposition this preseason and have lost one game in regulation.  What are you basing this on?  Kids playing bigs and winning?
    Posted by elosias

I dont get the way they 'think' or if they are capable of thinking..They are always looking to change players from what made them successful..hell, Hamill is small kid, naturally smaill, now they want him bigger, which like Wheeler, makes them naturally SLOWER..why bother drafting them ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep the Bruins can't Draft at all and you're dissing Colborne he's 20 and hasn't grown into his 6' 5" frame yet. Boston doesn't need to rush him with all the talent they already have. Baseless sensless drabble please keep them coming. 

Patrice Bergeron 2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (45th overall)

Milan Lucic      2006 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (50th overall) 

David Krejci     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (63rd overall)

Matt Hunwick     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 7th  (224th overall)

Vladimir Sobotka 2005 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (106th overall)

Byron Bitz       2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (107th overall)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Yep the Bruins can't Draft at all and you're dissing Colborne he's 20 and hasn't grown into his 6' 5" frame yet. Boston doesn't need to rush him with all the talent they already have. Baseless sensless drabble please keep them coming.  Patrice Bergeron 2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (45th overall) Milan Lucic      2006 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (50th overall)  David Krejci     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (63rd overall) Matt Hunwick     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 7th  (224th overall) Vladimir Sobotka 2005 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (106th overall) Byron Bitz       2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (107th overall)
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

thank you for confirming for me that they stink at drafting..look at the years those players were drafted - NONE of which CHiarelli was responsible for..
    looks like you shot yourself in the foot

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins draftees flopping! : thank you for confirming for me that they stink at drafting..look at the years those players were drafted - NONE of which CHiarelli was responsible for.. looks like you shot yourself in the foot Posted by anthony3063

They? that should be we because you stated you are Bruins fan. It should be "looks like you've shot yourself in the foot."

Just trying to help you fire back Anthony. Hey it's Prince Spaghetti Day!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

You say that Colbourne hasn't panned out but all i hear from anyone is that he is an absolute stud.
    you say "its called bruins" at the end of your post, so referencing bruins drafted players that were not drafted by PC is definitely relevant.
    On the team this year drafted by the bruins
    Krejci
    Bergeron
    Hamill
    Sobotka
    Lucic
    Bitz
    Hunwick
    Stuart

also, Wheeler was NOT drafted by the Bruins - - looks like someone shot themselves in the foot blah blah blah troll

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Wheeler was drafted by Phoenix, I KNEW that..ok, I was mistaken including him in that list..But geez, Look at Lashoff- GONE, he was what # 7 ? Samsonov- gone- #8 I believe..If the draft is such a crapshoot, why give up proven players for picks?

and size wise..we draft small, marchand,sobotka,hamill, what do they expect?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MilanNeely. Show MilanNeely's posts

Yeah man you give two examples and out of the two, one can really be a true stud. you are absolutely absurd. You threw out all the other guys drafted and focued on two...and you did a poor job backing up your post. Sorry, you attacked the Bruins(who have been nothing but climbing rapidly in the NHL scene) with very poor examples and a poorly planned attack. You also forget to realize that they got Rask for the bust Raycroft and they dont need to use those picks to draft. Thye could use those picks for trade bait to get proven NHL players. Oh and then there is this guy...http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8475150

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

Wheeler was drafted by Phoenix, I KNEW that..ok, I was mistaken including him in that list..But geez, Look at Lashoff- GONE, he was what # 7 ? Samsonov- gone- #8 I believe..If the draft is such a crapshoot, why give up proven players for picks? and size wise..we draft small, marchand,sobotka,hamill, what do they expect?
    Posted by anthony3063

also a quote from you "look at the years those players were drafted - NONE of which CHiarelli was responsible for...looks like you shot yourself in the foot." Lash and Sammy are irrelevant for this argument according to you.  As for drafting small, you cant have a team full of Charas and Loochs or you'll get smoked.  Sometimes it's all about taking the best available player.  Also, of the 3 players you mentioned, all of them are playing for that last roster spot in a VERY deep organization.  If Krejci can't play opening night, two of those guys might even be there.

How can you be this bitter about one of the best teams in the East?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Donkey, Lashoff was drafted 22nd overall not 7th, theres a huge difference there.  And how can you say Colbourne is not panning out, 31 points as a freshman at Denver is not panning out?  James van Reimsdyk formerly a stud at UNH and now about to make the big club with Philly who was drafted #2 behind Patrick Kane had 34 points as a freshman at UNH. I'd say these numbers are pretty similar.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

seems the Mike Oconnell era did a better job than the current admin

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

seems the Mike Oconnell era did a better job than the current admin
    Posted by anthony3063

did you go to your drug dealer twice today?  you already said that and we already gave you the rebuttle

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

ummmm can we chalk this guy up as a rainman type character and move on....he just referenced samsonov....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

why dont all the kessel lovers go the leafs site and comment there. Bruins gave up on kessel because he didnt want to be here.  lets move on and watch this years version do great. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

Yep the Bruins can't Draft at all and you're dissing Colborne he's 20 and hasn't grown into his 6' 5" frame yet. Boston doesn't need to rush him with all the talent they already have. Baseless sensless drabble please keep them coming.  Patrice Bergeron 2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (45th overall) Milan Lucic      2006 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (50th overall)  David Krejci     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 2nd  (63rd overall) Matt Hunwick     2004 NHL Entry Draft Round: 7th  (224th overall) Vladimir Sobotka 2005 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (106th overall) Byron Bitz       2003 NHL Entry Draft Round: 4th  (107th overall)
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

He is talking about Chiarelli draftees not MOC draft pics from 6 years ago...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

WHAT ARE YOU GUYS TALKING ABOUT?????

There are 9 guys on the scouting staff.

4 were there from the OC era
    5 have come from the PC era

The scouting staff:
    http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39034

Adam Creighton enters his eighth season in the Bruins organization. He is a professional leagues scout based out of Ontario.

Scott Fitzgerald enters his third season in the Bruins organization. Based out of Boston, he scouts amateur prospects at New England high schools and colleges in addition to the Quebec Junior Hockey League.

Jukka Holtari enters his second season in the Bruins organization. Based in Finland, he scouts amateur prospects in Europe.

Denis LeBlanc enters his second season in the Bruins organiaztion. He is an amateur prospects scout based in Quebec.

Dean Malkoc enters his second season in the Bruins organization. He scouts amateur prospects in Western Canada. He played 73 games with the Bruins from 1996-97 to 1997-98.

Mike McGraw enters his seventh season in the Bruins organization. Based out of Minnesota, he scouts high school and college prospects in the Midwest U.S. as well as the United States Hockey League.

Tom McVie enters his 15th season in the Bruins organization, his tenth in a scouting capacity. He has also served the team as an assistant coach for three years from 1992-95 and as head coach of their AHL affiliate in Providence in 1997-98. Based out of Washington state, he scouts professional leagues on the West coast.

Svenake Svensson enters his 18th season in the Bruins organization. Based in Sweden, he scouts throughout Europe.

Grant Sonier is in his third season in the Bruins organization. Based in Michigan, he scouts all amateur prospects worldwide eligible for the NHL Entry Draft.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

You have a better chance of finding Tom McVie passed out in a bar then in a hockey rink

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There are 9 guys on the scouting staff.

4 were there from the OC era
    5 have come from the PC era

My point if you haven't gotten it already.
    Nearly half the scouting staff is the SAME as it was in the O'Connel era.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I rmember this list from a thread I started in the summer about Chiarelli's draft record.  Whether the picks turn out or not, I still say I hang it on PC.  Most of the key amateur scouts are his hires; the pro scouts are the hold-overs.

I like the picks better now than I did when I started that thread - Hamill's coming around, Marchand and Arniel will play, Sauve didn't look out of place.  If Tommy Cross never makes it, well, you can't win 'em all.  And in any case, you can't critcize the Kessel deal because your 18-20 year olds aren't carving up the league.  Sometimes you have to let them develop, and this mgmt group seems more willing to be patient and really work with young players.  Mostly, you need to draft as many good young players as you can and trust the law of averages, because even the best scouting is just tipping that law in your favour a bit.  If you look at the Red Wings drafts over the last decade, they aren't that impressive - even if you think Helm and Abdelkadr are stars in the making.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

If you are dissing PC's draft abilities, you know very little about hockey.  Unless you have a top 5 pick, it is usually years before they are ready for the NHL.  In the '07 draft, only 1 player picked after Hamill has even scored 20 goals(Perron from STL).

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2007e.html

In '08 draft, only 2 players picked after Colborne have even played in the NHL and the best one has 8 goals.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2008e.html

So if PC is bad at drafting, apparently EVERY GM in the NHL is bad also!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok I am the first at saying Chiarelli did not draft the players who are exceling at the moment.  I am not as statistically orientated to blurt out how effective Chiarelli was in Ottawa at picking draft potential.  Yet, I think general manager of the year is a bit premature when most of what are now the Bruins are former picks and free agent signings (like who are you counting on as PC picks) .  I would like to be wrong here.  Win the Stanley Cup now, trade the draft choices for Kovlachuk.  I am hoping only Jacobs chokes on a hot dog and sells the team to someone who cares.  I will even take the the Blackberry Genius.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins draftees flopping! : They? that should be we because you stated you are Bruins fan. It should be "looks like you've shot yourself in the foot." Just trying to help you fire back Anthony. Hey it's Prince Spaghetti Day!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

This thread sounds like we've found the King Noodlehead trolls are surfacing again.

PC's history has yet to be written, I hope it fairs better than in Ottawa. As to our current situation with draftees, as someone noted they have been winning against Nhl squads so far in the preseason and against the other rookie squads.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickiebsb. Show dickiebsb's posts

yyou are such an idiot. it takes years to develop. and your saying colborne is aflop before he is outta school, lol get a clue before posting you moron

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

Chiarellis first draft pick in 2006 #5 overall Phil Kessel, he is a pretty darn good player, where does he play now?

Sections
Shortcuts