Bruins fail AGAIN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Re: Bruins fail AGAIN

In Response to Re: Bruins fail AGAIN:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins fail AGAIN : with all due respect, please enough of the "may all our hopes and dreams come true" after every post
    Posted by huscroft26[/QUOTE]

I change my sign off just for you.  I hope you enjoy my new one.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

I don't think they failed. They just had a SENSATIONAL draft where they picked up some help and young prospects. I think Button will be a fantastic player in the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sanskrit. Show sanskrit's posts

[QUOTE]I don't think they failed. They just had a SENSATIONAL draft where they picked up some help and young prospects. I think Button will be a fantastic player in the future.
    Posted by Pezell04x[/QUOTE]

Sensational? Please...

A Failure? Please...

It will be years before you can say this was a good or a bad draft.

Most of you pom pom wavers were DROOLING over Denis Reul in 07 and he is no longer a part of the organization.

Chiarelli needs to improve this years team because last years formula obviously did not work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

The Bruins did not fail but took the safe way out and this could be smart giving the present economy but they did nothing to improve their cap position. PC is waiting to make decisons on July 1 and see where the cards lay. I would not want to be PC in the next little while and have to make the decisions that have to be made. I feel the Bruins will have to be the hardest working team in the NHL to stay the best team in the East because the cap has hurt us big time. Next years team will be lacking in experence and some skill due to the loss of Yelle, Axe, and Recchi maybe some others bringing in lots of young inexeperenced players. I do not think the Bruins will improve because the cap will not allow to unless we trade but that hurts chemestry, go figure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Nice try Sharktooth, but Pittsburgh missed the playoffs from 2002 THROUGH 2006. How many high #1 picks did they stock up on during those FIVE drafts?  Those high #1 picks are THE reason Pittsburgh won the Cup this year.  Don't try to make it appear as if the Pens magically re-built themselves into a Cup-winner in three seasons, when in fact it took them 8 seasons...and the accompanying high #1 draft picks...to win the Cup.  B's are entering just the 4th season of Chiarelli's re-building program. 

How long did it take the Red Wings to re-build before they won all their (pre-cap mind you...) Cups?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

The Red Wings have been consistently good long before the lockout because their payroll was at the top of the league, along the lines of the Rangers. Detroit has a different style of developing players than anybody else in the league, and as we can tell it's successful. They let most of their players develop until they're 24 or 25. They let them have their time over in Europe, and when they come over here they work on playing in Detroit's style of play. By the time they step into the league they have good chemistry working in that system and enough time to properly develop their skills. They also have incredible European scouts who can find big potential players but who need time to develop. If you look at players like Zetteberg, Datsyuk, Franzen and Kronwall they didn't enter the league until they were 24-25, and Zetterberg and Datsyuk didn't make waves until they were 26-27.
    People need to have patience with developing players, even if they are hyped when they are drafted. Some can step in and play right away, but most can't. Players like Bergeron, Lucic and Marc Vlasic are rare examples of players who can step in almost immediately. Nobody drafted outside of the top 5 in their draft year are expected to play in the first season, and after the 15th pick players usually have a window of 2-4 years before they're expected. Defenseman almost always take longer to develop, as conditioning and decision making are the most important elements for a defenseman.
    This year Boston had 8 players who are 26 or under, with the youngest being Kessel and Lucic. Given some more time they will prove to be legitimate NHL players, with Kessel, Lucic, Krejci and Rask (not included in that 8 because he didn't play for Boston) having the potential to be superstars.
    Be mad that the Bruins got knocked out by Carolina but stop saying they're going nowhere because this is the most potentially skilled team the Bruins have seen in a while.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins fail AGAIN : Sensational? Please... A Failure? Please... It will be years before you can say this was a good or a bad draft. Most of you pom pom wavers were DROOLING over Denis Reul in 07 and he is no longer a part of the organization. Chiarelli needs to improve this years team because last years formula obviously did not work.
    Posted by sanskrit[/QUOTE]

Ok, maybe sensational was a little over the top, but they drafted two very good players in Button and Caron and a guy who could make the team in MacDermid.

Still a pretty good draft if I do say so myself.

Reul...I can't believe people believed he would pan out to something.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

People have too high of expectations from a draft. With 20 players on a roster and usually 7 picks a year, all a team needs is one or two players per draft to become NHLers. While people can comment on the lack of action taken by the B's, this draft can't be judged until 3-4 years from now.
    For the record I agree with Pezell, I like Caron and Button. Both have shown good talent and have the potential to be solid players. The Bruins are in need of strong forwards who can shoot the puck well, and Caron fits that bill. Button may be a future puck moving defenseman, only time will tell.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

The B's dont need any outside help. This group is good enough on its own. Why didnt we get farther in these play-offs? We played 2 of our worst games in games 3-4. Thats the play-offs right there. Vancouver also had to wait more than a week for their next round and they were bounced too. Plus Bostons pretty young. Our cores pretty young. Add in the injuries to Kessel,Krejci,Ference, and Hunwick and it spells doom.

I have full confidence this current group can get it done,with a tweak here and there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cwoods7977. Show cwoods7977's posts

[QUOTE]PC sat on his hands and let things pass him by as he always has, be it the Draft or trade deadline. I have never seen a bigger timid, nervous nellie then this GM in my life! Chiarelli always seems to be a day late and a dollar short (or overpayed in his case) I am also betting the "major miscommunication" with Toronto was chiarelli's blunder and not Brian Burkes. It's just embarassing.
    Posted by DetTracks[/QUOTE]

I agree somewhat, the only thing PC leads the league in is BUYOUTS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

[QUOTE]PC sat on his hands and let things pass him by as he always has, be it the Draft or trade deadline. I have never seen a bigger timid, nervous nellie then this GM in my life! Chiarelli always seems to be a day late and a dollar short (or overpayed in his case) I am also betting the "major miscommunication" with Toronto was chiarelli's blunder and not Brian Burkes. It's just embarassing.

I agree 100% this team is treading water and making no real improvements. I sence another early exit from the playoffs this season

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

and i sense that your a hab troll that cannot spell, nothing better to do huh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins fail AGAIN : I agree 100% this team is treading water and making no real improvements. I sence another early exit from the playoffs this season
    Posted by HamiltonBulldog[/QUOTE] Maybe you should go to nhl.com today and check out the bruin team report. There doing a 30 team in 30 day report. Today it's the bruins turn. If you check that out, I suggest you take a good hard look at the headline.
    I'm not going to tell you what the headline (or article) say's, because for once I think you should do a little research on your own, (before making uneducated comments) !
    7.3 mil. for Gomez,   LOL.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HamiltonBulldog. Show HamiltonBulldog's posts

17 years and counting since the Bruins won in the second round

LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

John Blum comes out of retirement and signs 4 yr. deal with habs for 20 mil. LOL....  I guess I shouldn't joke about this, with Gainey in charge it could happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffersonjames. Show jeffersonjames's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins fail AGAIN : OMG Who cares? Did you go out and buy your $34.99 Northeast Division champion T shirt and Hat? The Bruins still chocked and got upset on home ice by a #6 seed! Why the need to sugarcoat everything Bruins
    Posted by Nolakanookie2[/QUOTE]

lol well played and so true. Last time I checked this isn't the cheerleaders everything is beautiful lollipops and gumdrops room

very disturbing this team is a L-W-L-W-L-W-L kind of team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

Dont worry! Chiapet made up for it by trading KOBASEW and bringing up WHITFIELD!

LMAO

Sections
Shortcuts