Bruins Fans: STOP SUGGESTING WE ROOT FOR THE HABS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Re: Bruins Fans: STOP SUGGESTING WE ROUTE FOR THE HABS

How about the Bruins would have home ice vs a much waeker opponent.  There is little chance the Habs get past Pittsburg...BUT Savard will have had time to get his legs AND maybe Seidenberg is ready for the next series.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Fans: STOP SUGGESTING WE ROUTE FOR THE HABS:
    How about the Bruins would have home ice vs a much waeker opponent.  There is little chance the Habs get past Pittsburg...BUT Savard will have had time to get his legs AND maybe Seidenberg is ready for the next series.
    Posted by croc

Home Ice?? Did you watch the first round? If you did, what on earth from those series makes you think home ice has anything to do with performance in these playoff games? Every single series was 1-1 after 2 games.

"There is little chance the Habs get past pittsburg"

Its comments like these that make me laugh, because substitute "pittsburgh" for "washington" and you have the catch-phrase everyone in the NHL was tossing around for that series. Once again, take a look at the playoff results. If all of these upsets (including the possible mtl over wash) have taught us anything, its that NO ONE is unbeatable.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Believe me when I say I dislike the Habitants as much as I dislike the Yankees.  I am not rooting for the Canadien but for the Bruins to have a better chance of winning in the next round.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Re: Bruins Fans: STOP SUGGESTING WE ROOT FOR THE HABS

It's hard for me to root for the Habs, but it's hard not to in this situation.  I don't want to make wishes because that bit us in the butt last year, but the Flyers are injured more then the Sabres and their goaltending is suspect.  The Pens will be there in the next round if we could get by the Flyers so it's not like we can't get our revenge for the Cooke hit later.  It's a game that I'm going to hate when every goal is scored.  I hate the Habs, but I don't want Washington to win.  It doesn't matter who we are rooting for, the outcome will be the outcome.  It's either win/win or lose/lose depending on your point of view.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

ready Bruins fans..... for Wednesday night ONLY!!!!

go habs go, go habs go.  ole, ole, ole.

then take a hot shower to disinfect yourself.

the better path is to take on the dirtbags from Philly 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Bruins Fans: STOP SUGGESTING WE ROUTE FOR THE HABS:
    What is wrong with everyone?? Every time I read a post suggesting we route for the Hated Habs to win game 7, I want to vomit all over my computer. Do you realize who we are routing for. Jeez, I wasn't even alive in 1971 and it still sends me into a rage when i think about the fact that we could have had 3 cups in a row if not for those frogs. What does it matter if we play Pitt instead of Philly? I am dying to see "The Revenge of Marc Savard" play out, and I want no part of a Philly team that just obliterated the guy who used to be the best goalie in Hockey (and so what if they are missing Carter and Gagne, they still have Richards and briere). Besides, everyone seems to be forgetting one MAJOR detail of having the Habs win game 7: THEY WILL STILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS. Aside from the fact that you are routing for the Habs to get one step closer to their 25th cup, do you think they would just let the "magique" fizzle and just roll over for the Pens. They'll probably find a way to beat Cindy too just like they did Ovechkin. And anyone dreaming up a fantasy of us beating Mtl in the Conf finals better take a nice large pill of reality. We beat Buff in the season series 4-2, and we won the playoffs 4-2. Mtl won the season series against us 5-1(w/o cammallerri for a couple of those games). If we face mtl in the conf finals, we'll be pointed towards the golf courses faster than you can say "ghosts of the forum". Trust me, the smart move is to hope for Pitt, enjoy what should be a thoroughly entertaining series of Savard setting up hat tricks for all the Bruins, watching Philly cheap shot the hell out of Wash with Carcillo and Hartnell, and seeing where we stand when the dust settles for the conf finals. Next year, we can hope for Mtl once we have either Hall or Seguin, but this year, I'm just not feeling it.
    Posted by bruinsdiehard
    Excellent post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Nobody hates the French Frogs more than me.  I have hated them for 38 years, but for us to move on we need to play Philly at home and hope Malkin or Crosby go down with an injury for the semi's.  As I said I hate the Habs but we need the Caps out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

I personally can't root for Montreal no matter what.    Plain and simple.

Stop acting like Buffalo fans hoping for the Bruins-- see where that worked out for them?

Play who is next on the schedule--- no matter who it is.  Focus on working to making sure you eliminate the defensive zone giveaways so you dont let whatever team your playing stay in a game that should have been put away a long time before the final sirens blow.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Let me see;
    -if Montreal wins I get 1000.00 as a return for my 100.00 I put in.
    -Bruins get home ice against Philly.
    -Caps are out so Bruins don;t have to worry about them
    -Conference final we meet the Pens or the Habs.

YIKES this is so lopsided.
    But I still want the Habs to lose.  OMG what have they done to my childhood ...
    was it my whole collection of O-Pee-Chee hockey cards I lost betting on Bruins-Habs in 1979???
    I'm with bruinsdiehard I just cannot root for the Habs ,  not saying I'm right as many of you have valid points ,  I can't make myself want the Habs to win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

it is better for the bruins for the habs to win...end of story, you want the  best for the Bs, you want the habs to win
    Posted by pbergeron37

I can`t believe what i am reading today!! Only a true Bruins fan would want the Habs to lose. If you cheer for the habs, get out of this site and go else where. The Bruins will win by the beating the best not by the back door like the hated habs have done!! Shame on you!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

Another Flyer down.  http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=319695

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Fans: STOP SUGGESTING WE ROUTE FOR THE HABS : Home Ice?? Did you watch the first round? If you did, what on earth from those series makes you think home ice has anything to do with performance in these playoff games? Every single series was 1-1 after 2 games. "There is little chance the Habs get past pittsburg" Its comments like these that make me laugh, because substitute "pittsburgh" for "washington" and you have the catch-phrase everyone in the NHL was tossing around for that series. Once again, take a look at the playoff results. If all of these upsets (including the possible mtl over wash) have taught us anything, its that NO ONE is unbeatable.
    Posted by bruinsdiehard

Agree whole heartedly!! Bang on! In the playoffs now home ice is not what it used to be.. The only good thing about having it is that in a Game 7 situation it may help.. and judging by the Bruins home record this year as most of you know it wasn't that great.. so what makes you think this will be an advantage.. I would prefer starting on the road and split one of the two games in their barn..

This year the East is pretty balanced .. as Chara said today " Anyone can beat anyone in this conference, you just have to work very hard ".. I truly believe that the Bruins best chance lies against Pittsburgh.. Chara knows how to shut down Malkin and Crosby and their D is nothing special.. They were life and death to take out Ottawa and should have gone to a game 7... Bring them on!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I cannot cheer for the Habs just to give the Bruins an easier road to the Cup... frankly, this sport is the best BECAUSE it is so hard to win it all! I wouldn't cheat our team of the satisfaction of knowing they beat the best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Raskman. Show Raskman's posts

I cannot cheer for the Habs just to give the Bruins an easier road to the Cup... frankly, this sport is the best BECAUSE it is so hard to win it all! I wouldn't cheat our team of the satisfaction of knowing they beat the best.
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

I'm pretty sure when they are getting handed their rings they wouldn't give a crap who they beat to get it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Fans: STOP SUGGESTING WE ROUTE FOR THE HABS : Agree whole heartedly!! Bang on! In the playoffs now home ice is not what it used to be.. The only good thing about having it is that in a Game 7 situation it may help.. Posted by cowboys9

Yeah and that worked out fine last season's game 7 against the Canes.
    In this series I said if Bruins take game2 then my prediction in 6 would come true.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Philly has 2 major injuries and a suspect goalie. We WANT Philly, let the Habs beat up on the Pens in the second round.

I believe the Caps will kill the Habs this wednesday, but I am Rooting for the HABS. I am a 40 year Bruin fan and would LOVE to see a HABS/Boston east final. AWESOME!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Just one thing Bruinsdiehard,  me don't like your " frogs" statement.
    Some of my fave Bruins are French Canadians, Jean Ratelle, Gille Gilbert, Raymond Bourque, Norman Leveille (tough luck kid), Bergeron and maybe soon Maxime Sauve and Jordan Caron.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reilly24. Show Reilly24's posts

This post is bang on. A Bruin fan does not ever cheer for the Habs under any circumstance. End of story.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pittsburgh72. Show pittsburgh72's posts

Dezaruchi; A late reply, but just wanted to let you know I did re-watch the cooke-thronton fight and thornton definately offered him the opportunity to lose the lid.

To other Boston fans; The flyers may be the weakest of the remaining teams especially with their injuries; however, for entertainment I would love to see the pens and the bruins.  I think the potential would exist for the pens to be more distracted than the bruins. 

Also nice win for the celts, would be looking forward to a celts -cavs series.

Although I don't like seeing those yellow towels waving in boston--that is a pittsburgh thing--next thing you know you beantowners will be putting french fries on your salads and sandwiches.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Sorry bud, you lost credibility before you started here. If you don't know the difference between root and route, then it's hard to take you seriously.

As for the point you were attempting to make, I'd rather the road to the cup be easier than harder. Facing Philly would be easier than facing Pittsburg. Your petty feelings towards rivalries show your passion is less about wanting the B's to win as it is about wanting other teams to lose. Half-hearted fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

home ice has nothing to do with it huh? i'm sorry, but didn't the bruins just go 3-0 on home ice and 1-2 on the road?
    Posted by pbergeron37

You're absolutely right, they did just go 3-0 on home ice in the playoffs. They also went 18-17-6 on home ice during the regular season, and 21-13-7 on the road. I think this team will play better having the challenge of trying to break the home ice advantage of another team in the first 2 games vs trying to hold onto their own. This team for whatever reason likes playing on the road (maybe its all that booing they''ve gotten at the garden?).

And like I said in an earlier post, home ice has had nothing to do with performance in the playoffs in general. We just saw a Detroit team blast PHX in game 5 in PHX, blow a chance to close out their series at home with a 5-2 laugher, and then destroy PHX at home again in game 7. We''ve seen Pitt have a chance to win their series in Triple OT at home only to lose and get the job done in Ott in game 6. Hell, we saw the Habs themselves look like garbage in their first 2 games at home against Washington only to tie the series at 3 apiece. So ummm yeah, I'd def say that home ice has nothing to do with it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

Just one thing Bruinsdiehard ,  me don't like your " frogs" statement. Some of my fave Bruins are French Canadians, Jean Ratelle, Gille Gilbert, Raymond Bourque, Norman Leveille (tough luck kid), Bergeron and maybe soon Maxime Sauve and Jordan Caron.
    Posted by BsLegion

BsLegion,

point taken. Perhaps it was a bit off color. would you care to suggest another insulting word I could use in its place. Remember, I'm not thinking of guys like Borque and Bergeron when I use that word, but more along the lines of Lapierre.

Gilles Gilbert is one of my favorites from the past as well. I never saw him play, but my Dad always told me that he never liked him because he never could perform well in the playoffs.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

GO Habs Go ! don't care about the history. plus,just about everybody hates the Canadiens anyway. Go Habs  Go !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

Sorry bud, you lost credibility before you started here. If you don't know the difference between root and route, then it's hard to take you seriously. As for the point you were attempting to make, I'd rather the road to the cup be easier than harder. Facing Philly would be easier than facing Pittsburg. Your petty feelings towards rivalries show your passion is less about wanting the B's to win as it is about wanting other teams to lose. Half-hearted fan.
    Posted by davecarr

Haha you're right, and since I can see that you're one of those people that only cares about grammar over content, I changed the mistake just for you.

Perhaps now you'd consider giving me the time of day, o important one? Tell me, on what do you base the assertion that facing Philly would be easier than facing Pittsburgh?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

And maybe it would make you happier if we rooted for the Caps to choke instead of rooting for the Habs to win?

Seems like symantics, but if it makes it easier for you to accept that Philly is the better option, then so be it :)

Sections
Shortcuts