Bruins fans...root for the Habs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Bruins fans...root for the Habs

.....to beat the Capitals!

I know that is hard to fathom, but if the Habs can pull a minor miracle and win the next 2 games AND the Bruins can eliminate Buffalo, the B's would have home ice against a team that looks VERY defeatable--the Philly Flyers. With the advantage Boston would likely have in goal combined with the Flyers current lineup, that matchup would probably be more welcome than Pittsburgh, and the Pens will face Boston if the Habs lose to Washington.

I know the Cooke factor would make a Pens matchup kind of fun....but I don't think anyone can say that looking at the 2 teams, the Bruins match up much better with Philly. And if a long playoff run is what the B's want, then you should join me in cheering for my Habs (after cheering for the Bruins to win tonight, of course!)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Bruins fans...root for the Habs

Could you at least rephrase it as "Root against the Capitals"?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Never.  I don't care if the Bruins would face the little sisters of the poor rather than the 1986 Soviet Team if MTL wins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

How about worrying about our game 6 and let the things fall the way they fall. Otherwise F $ % K the habs.................

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would rather play an NHL all Star team than root for the habs ,,,,,

Never ever ....over my dead body ...that will be burried in Montreal cause I live her and believe me if you would live in Montreal comes playoffs time you couldnt stand it anymore...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Okay, I can work with Root against the Caps, but I can never, ever, root for the habs. EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

GO CAPS GO!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

I would rather play the flyers than the pens since its the easiesnt matchup. At this point I just hope the bruins advance and take out the sabres. If we lose tonught I am gona be a nervous reck until after the game 7.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

The path of least resistance, go Habs..... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins fans...root for the Habs:
    How about worrying about our game 6 and let the things fall the way they fall. Otherwise F $ % K the habs.................
    Posted by lostinbaltimore

Agreed!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnnybruin. Show Johnnybruin's posts

As a true Bruins fan, you never root for the Habs EVER!!!
    I would never want to win a Stanley Cup by the back door like the Habs did!!
    I want the Bruins to meet the best and beat the best, PERIOD! If we lose againt the best we learn and do better next year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

Are you on glue, never in my life would I root for the Habs.  You should not even be on this web site if you are rooting for the Habs. Get Lost. Go Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins fans...root for the Habs : Agreed!
    Posted by Nolakanookie

ahhh always plan for things to come true knowing all plans go awry.  If the Bruins play their "A" game then it does not matter.  Win one in two should be the thought.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

if the caps lose espn hockey coverage will plummet 50%.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Its not really so much that im rooting "for the habs," but more of Im rotting "against the capitals. Don't get me wrong I hate the habs, but I hate the caps even more. During the 2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons, even when they had ovechkin, the caps were in the bottom 5 in the league in terms of attendance and merchandise sales(look it up). Then all of a sudden you have these bandwagon washington fans when they became good, they act like diehard fans and think they know more hockey than other fans. They have all these stupid slogans like "rock the red". Mind you those new red jerseys were first used in 2007-2008. Whenever I watch a caps game I dont see ONE fan with the old caps jerseys that were black, blue, and gold and had the eagle on them. They are all wearing those new red jerseys

Caps fans(not all but a good majority) think that mike green is the best shutdown defenseman in the Nhl, that Ovechkin will break most of gretzky's records, varlamov is the lord and savior, John carlson will dominate the norris trophy races for the next 10 years. I hate caps fans more than any other fans. They just started caring about hockey and do not deserve a winner. 

That is why I hate the caps

This is just my opinion

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

if the caps lose espn hockey coverage will plummet 50%.
    Posted by 86redsox

Actually this is pretty accurate because espn hockey coverage only consists of 2 things, crosby and ovechkin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

LOL,  Kennedy !  Now you're believer. If the Habs would have one of the games 3 or 4 they would have won this series. Now it's destined for game7.
    Anybody could win.
    P.S. I could make myself 1000.00 on a bet of 100.00 if Habs would have win. !!!
    Do I care ??? NO , sorry Kennedy I still can't cheer for the Habs.  Maybe if it were the Bruins with 23 cups it could have been different : )

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

One more thing ,  many Bruin fans feel they've been duped by the officiating in history against the Habs.... well , I think the Hab fans will get a pinch of this tonite or going to game 7.  " A Karma thing."
    It's in the best interest of the NHL that the Caps move on , 1st overall !!!  If they get kicked out by the 16th overall team then the regular season just took a downfall and means squat.  Not good for the reputation of the NHL.  Think about Hab fans anyhow it's your turn to get screwed.   Payback is a Biatch!
    86redsox has something there.  Maybe ESPN won't be interested in the NHL next season,  again !.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from deejm2112. Show deejm2112's posts

Kind of like rooting for the yankees...although I agree that the pens are path of more resistance the Bruins didn't play Monteal very well this season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

As a true Bruins fan, you never root for the Habs EVER!!! I would never want to win a Stanley Cup by the back door like the Habs did!! I want the Bruins to meet the best and beat the best, PERIOD! If we lose againt the best we learn and do better next year.
    Posted by Johnnybruin

Not buying....when your team hasn't won a Stanley Cup since David Gates and Bread were topping the charts, you take 16 playoff wins any way you can get them.

If you wouldn't rather have home ice advantage in the next round, you're a fool. And while neither Philly or Pittsburgh is a pushover (and Boston can play with both), there's no WAY that any sensible Bruins fan doesn't want Philly over Pittsburgh if they really want to get through the next round.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Worst part is that the habs match well against the Pens!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Worst part is that the habs match well against the Pens!!
    Posted by lucaooo

Exactly !  See Kennedy,  it's just impossible for a Bruins fan to root for the Habs.
    i can predict them winning as I think I have some hockey sense but I can never root for them, never.
    If the Habs win game7,  I think they'll make it to the final. I keep saying this, Ive seen this movie before.
    As Lucaooo is saying ,  the Habs match well against the Pens.
    As for whom the Bruins meet, I agree with you it's better meeting Philly but so be it if we meet the Pens.  I think the Bruins have a chance against them also.
    One thing for sure this is great hockey !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Habs won tonight...

If they win game 7, damn.

Anyone know the last time a second round contained the 4, 6, 7, & 8 seeds?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Habs won tonight... If they win game 7, damn. Anyone know the last time a second round contained the 4, 6, 7, & 8 seeds?
    Posted by davecarr

Yes when the Habs won the cup !  Wink

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

Yes it was when the Habs won the cup... if they beat caps in the 7th game i bet they can go to the final

Sections
Shortcuts