Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

  1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisbruinsfan1985. Show chrisbruinsfan1985's posts

    Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    That pick is starting to look awfully good.

    Toronto is fading fast in the East and looks like they shouldn't finish any better than 2nd to last although you never know. Edmonton has won a few too so lets hope they can put some wins together and maybe pass the Leafs.

    The team who finishes dead last has a 48% chance to get the number 1 overall pick and a 52% chance to get the 2nd over all pick.

    The team who finished second to last will get either pick # 1,2 or 3.

    So lets hope Toronto stays down
     
  2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    I had my doubts when we first made the trade, but I think it's going to be the best trade Chiarelli ever makes. It's already the biggest by a good margin, if it turns out to some great players it's makes him look brilliant. I think if Kessel helps them start winning in the next few years it looks good for both sides. I like Kessel and I like Toronto, out of all the canadian teams Toronto is my favorite. I hope the trade works out for both teams, because the team Burke is putting together could be very good if they finish the rest of the pieces of the puzzle. Kessel, Kadri, Phaneuf and Schenn are a great young core of players to have. I could see a big rivalry coming up in a 3-5 years.
     
  3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    Another good thing about the trade is we still have another 1st coming and this years 2nd which will almost be like a 1st.

     
  4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    Exactly, and we could use that second and maybe one of the others we have either this year or next year and make a deal to get a 3rd first rounder if we see a good enough player that's still on the board.
     
  5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    In Response to Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year:
    [QUOTE]Another good thing about the trade is we still have another 1st coming and this years 2nd which will almost be like a 1st.
    Posted by dustyisacat[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely right.Bruins may have to throw that pick into the mix in order to move up a slot(if necessary).If we only end up with third or fourth pick we could still throw in that pick and/or prospects to move up to first.I would think Oilers would take pick 3 and 33 for #1.If not Bruins could consider adding their first to the mix and one would think the Oilers would have to bite.
     
  6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    does it concern anyone ALL our young players have regressed this season, and the handling of the kessel situation is cause form concern from a coaching stand point.

    julien long term track record isnt good at any stop and that pattern seems to be developing again. seems similiar to the hitchcock situation.

    playoffs or not this year,next year and the year after are pivital for this franchise. PCs biggest decision wont be who to pick in june or sign in july, its going to be what coach is best for the direction of the franchise.

    hall and sequin are great offensive players, that's why they are at the top of all draft boards, similar to kessel. my concern is, how are these young players going to be developed and do we have the right coach for 18-19 year olds?

    personally i dont think so.
     
  7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    What "handling" of the Kessel situation?

    He didn't want to put in the effort to needed to get better. The coach pushed him. He resisted and wanted out. He refused to sign an offer, then refused to sign an offer sheet with another team, forcing a trade.

    Nobody is blaming the B's for that, why are you?

    And while yes, it is cause for concern that all our young players regressed this year, so did all of our vets. But why does that fall solely on the coach?

    Is it not true that there was a huge division the the locker room over the firing of NHLPA head Kelly this summer? It was very controversial, and it was spearheaded by a Bruin (I believe Ference). That could have caused a rift in the locker room that killed morale just as badly as any other outside influence.

    Whatever it is, they seem to have been getting over it the past 6 or 7 games. Lets just hope the positive swing continues after the break
     
  8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    All i know is if the Bruins don't draft either Gudbranson, Gormley, Etem, Niederreitter, Kabanov or Skinner with that second pick, Chiarelli should be fired.  Those are the only players worth drafting after Seguin, Hall and Fowler.

    So, if we get Hall, i would want Gormley or Gudbranson.
    Fowler, i'd want Kabanov, Etem or Skinner.
    Seguin, he'd still need a winger, so Kabanov, Etem or Skinner.

    I like Nino, but he has a little to much grind in his game to be one of my first choices.
     
  9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    kessel didnt want to get better? really!! he scored 36 goals in 70 games in his 3rd year. he wanted out because of the coach. i'm fine with this trade since TO is terrible this year. but if we draft seguin or hall i want them to be used to the best of there ability, which is offense. same with colbourne if he's here next year.

    both montreal on NJ regressed with julien at this point. the signs seem obvious to me.

    as for the NHLPA, that situation is a complete mess, i agree, but our 10 game losing streak was in january, i hope any issues involving this were resolved by then.

    they've won of late. they havent played great. even the montreal game they didnt get a shot on goal the 1st 15min of the 2nd period
     
  10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

    Re: Bruins (From Toronto) 1st Round Pick this Year

    These are some of the facts surrounding the firing.

    "Player reps Matt Stajan (Maple Leafs), Mike Komisarek (Maple Leafs), Brad Boyes (Blues) and Andrew Ference (Bruins) were appointed back in Las Vegas in June along with a human resources consultant to do a review on the union's operations and all four players were involved in interviewing office staff. Their findings were also shared."

    "It is believed Kelly's transgressions include his treatment of staff members in Toronto, his perceived closeness to the media and a feeling that he was too friendly with the league and its owners."

    The board might have been concerned he didn't have their best interest at heart.  Though, they should have checked with their respective teams to be completely fair and democratic about it.  That might have pissed off some of the players that had good relationships with Kelly.

    Personally, I'm with Grapes on this one.  Kelly was the right guy for the job.  He was a uniter not a divider.  He was trying to work with the NHL and Owners not against them (causing lockouts)..
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4433555
     
Sections
Shortcuts

Share