Bruins goal horn and goal song

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Bruins goal horn and goal song

IMO the current setup is really lame. The goal horn sounds like a f@rt and it doesnt really have emotion IMO.

I wish they would use a goal horn similar to either detroit or calgary
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF2T6ib9xts&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY8pDEQDeIU&feature=related

As for the goal song, the techno song they play is pretty boring and dull, and lame. I wish they would either use chelsea dagger like chicago or song 2 by blur.

Pretty ramdom topic but what do you guys think

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Bruins goal horn and goal song

With the help of a local studio, I am working on a new goal song.  It has a great beat, plenty of crowd interaction and it entirely new.  Some of the lyrics need to be tweaked and some of the music needs to be cut out.  I think it'll be pretty good.  We're waiting to hear back from the band before we proceed.

I'm indifferent about the goal horn, but I wish they would do away with the spotlight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins goal horn and goal song:
    With the help of a local studio, I am working on a new goal song.  It has a great beat, plenty of crowd interaction and it entirely new.  Some of the lyrics need to be tweaked and some of the music needs to be cut out.  I think it'll be pretty good.  We're waiting to hear back from the band before we proceed. I'm indifferent about the goal horn, but I wish they would do away with the spotlight.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Actually, i liked the way they interacted the "spotlight" in the playoffs. Every team has it, and just adds a little extra flash to a goal celebration. It's more for the fan's entertainment than anything else.

I don't mind the goal horn, nice, deep loud echo of that of a boat in the Boston Harbor. Each goal horn in the NHL has it's characteristic, especially Washington's and St. Louis. I liked the "train" horn they had before but it was so low-pitched that you were barely able to hear it.

All that being said, it's a throw-away topic... So who are the Bruins drafting again?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

IMO, the best one is that of san jose. I wish the B's horn was like SJ's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Maybe its not even that much the horn that bothers me, its more the goal song. that techno beat they play is just played out and boring. I would use the song "song 2" by blur.

The canes and kings have nice horns. the worst in and most annoying one in the NHL is by far the caps. Police sirens have always annoyed the crap out of me 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I agree that the Caps do have the worst goal horn in today's NHL...

But the best hockey goal horn that I ever heard was the organ at the old Chicago Stadium...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

I agree that the Caps do have the worst goal horn in today's NHL... But the best hockey goal horn that I ever heard was the organ at the old Chicago Stadium...
    Posted by RMiller87

Yes!!!!!

All the rinks can take their stupid horns and shove them where the sun don't shine.

I realize that this is just a case of OldFartItis, but I'd love to see the return of the organ players- it really added a cool atmosphere.  Or another alternative is that instead of playing music sound clips, have a live house band- even give bands an opportunity to make guest appearances as the house band.   I think it'd be pretty cool to have the Dropkick Murphys playing live rinkside during stoppages in play!

I know...  just a thought though.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins goal horn and goal song : Yes!!!!! All the rinks can take their stupid horns and shove them where the sun don't shine. I realize that this is just a case of OldFartItis, but I'd love to see the return of the organ players- it really added a cool atmosphere.  Or another alternative is that instead of playing music sound clips, have a live house band- even give bands an opportunity to make guest appearances as the house band.   I think it'd be pretty cool to have the Dropkick Murphys playing live rinkside during stoppages in play! I know...  just a thought though.
    Posted by RascalHoudi

Yes, b'y !

Though my Beer League team wears their jersey, I am not really a Blackhawks' fan, but I remember being quite saddened when it was announced that Chicago Stadium was going to be torn down... 

The Hawks were actually the first team to install a goal horn in 1983...

Theirs is a MARINE horn manufactured by Kahlenburg...

And here we are a bunch of Coasters being outdone by a bunch of landlocked landlubbers...

Let's get a horn that goes to eleven !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Being a sucker for solid Celtic Punk bands, I would love to hear "Time to go" by the Dropkick Murphy's played a lot more often at Bruin games too...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins goal horn and goal song : The Hawks were actually the first team to install a goal horn in 1983... Theirs is a MARINE horn manufactured by Kahlenburg... And here we are a bunch of Coasters being outdone by a bunch of landlocked landlubbers 
    Posted by RMiller87

Ummm... you do realize that there is shipping on the Great Lakes, right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

I agree that the Caps do have the worst goal horn in today's NHL... But the best hockey goal horn that I ever heard was the organ at the old Chicago Stadium...
    Posted by RMiller87

Chicago Stadium was great,nothing better.

as for the B's current song,well lame and very unorginial. could be a goal scored in any arena. how about the horn and gasp ! just the fans cheering. or how bout an original B's theme song. Wooooo!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Yeah, Lakes (no matter how "great") are kinda wheenie though !

One's not very likely going to run across too many 16 foot Mako sharks in any lake, eh ?

The video, "Time to go," by the Dropkick Murphys...

Love it !

Check it out :

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrosephStalin. Show BrosephStalin's posts

THIS is the one true goal song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyBIkEeogq4

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Good Gawd, you can play that noise in your mother's basement...

Not at my Black and Gold's games...

Kids today !

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

Don't mess with the goal horn and song. Just need to hear it an average of 2 or 3 more times a game!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

You guys will whine and bytch about anything!!!!!! Don't you have a life???? Doesn't anything in life make you truely happy??? I bleed black and gold, but seriously I know when to let it go!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, Lakes (no matter how "great") are kinda wheenie though

Ted Turner thought the same thing when he once went to a yachting race one one of the Great Lakes. He opened his fool mouth before the race, got his "invinicible" yacht tossed about like a toy in a Lake Michigan storm, and then ate a huge slice of humble pie after nearly losing his life. The Great Lakes aren't anywhere near "wheenie" to those who know.

On topic:  the "wooooooo" after goals are scored is pathetic, "wheenie", and should be stopped.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UCONN. Show UCONN's posts

I realize I might be the only one, but I would love to hear Brass Bonanza.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrosephStalin. Show BrosephStalin's posts

Good Gawd, you can play that noise in your mother's basement... Not at my Black and Gold's games... Kids today !
    Posted by RMiller87

Too deep for you, bro?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Bruins need to incorporate this in more-

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins goal horn and goal song : [QUOTE]Yeah, Lakes (no matter how "great") are kinda wheenie though Ted Turner thought the same thing when he once went to a yachting race one the Great Lakes. He opened his fool mouth before the race, got his "invinicible" yacht tossed about like a toy in a Lake Michigan storm, and then ate a huge slice of humble pie after nearly losing his life. The Great Lakes aren't anywhere near "wheenie" to those who know.
    Posted by BlueEyedGuy

And as Jack Edwards mentioned upon knocking the Sabres out- "The Sabres hopes lye with the Edmund Fitzgerald at the bottom of Gitchee Gumi!"    RIP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Being a sucker for solid Celtic Punk bands, I would love to hear "Time to go" by the Dropkick Murphy's played a lot more often at Bruin games too...
    Posted by RMiller87

The Pogues are a solid Irish punk band!  Everything else is pop. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Yeah, Lakes (no matter how "great") are kinda wheenie though ! One's not very likely going to run across too many 16 foot Mako sharks in any lake, eh ? The video, "Time to go," by the Dropkick Murphys... Love it ! Check it out : http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=63135
    Posted by RMiller87

Its too bad you cant ask any of the 29 crewmen just how "wheenie" Lake Superior was the October night 35 foot waves snapped the ore carrier Edmund Fitzgerald in half....unfortunately they all drowned!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

I realize I might be the only one, but I would love to hear Brass Bonanza.
    Posted by UCONN

you are not alone !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

anything anything anything, just get rid of that god forsaken 'wwoooo' after the anouncement.

Sections
Shortcuts