bruins - just dont see them winning the CUP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

bruins - just dont see them winning the CUP

As bad as it sounds or as pestimistic.. but still a bruins fan for sure i was with them during the bad times and good... fans, i just dont see them going all the way. You look at this FLYERS team, who do they really have 1 or 2 offensive threat but yet we are having the hardest time beating them, granted yes we won but look at the come backs they have put together and the mind games, resiliency (spelling) they put together.  Just imagine with jeff carter and simone gagne back in the line up forget about IL,  Bruins for sure will be playing catch up hockey and most likely not win. Thats 4 to 5 offesive threat at any given time atleast 3 lines of potent offensive attack vs bruins maybe 2 lines.. I also want to add Briere is a bruins killer just like Knuble. 

So with that imagine them playing Pitt if Bruins advance, thats 3 lines of superior offensive attack that will expose and give bruins NO chance at advancing even if they pass the FLYERS.  I just dont see the Bruins,  playing with so much heart and determination can with stand that offesive attack put together by a much stronger opponent like Pitt or Montreal.  These high flying teams are fast and see the ice so well, no when to jump up to pinch in and creativity is just unbeliable.  They say defense win games but your not a wall and you are only human you are bound to make mistakes here and there no matter how good you are defensivly.   I just don't see the Bruins withstand the onslaught of offensive attack expecially when the Burins can not match the offensive attack or goals. 

So i wont be holding my breath folks but im still routing for them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: bruins - just dont see them winning the CUP

My advice to you my fellow Bruins fan; one game at a time. Don't count the boys out, till they're out. Lots of things can happen between now and the Stanley Cup final.......good & bad, but we won't know till it happens. For now, enjoy the fact they are up 2-0 on the Flyers and possibly headed to the Conference final.

GO BRUINS!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

The Bruins were lucky this year that they drew Buffalo and not Pittsburg or Washington in the first round.   They were lucky that Vanek went down with an injury.   They are lucky that Carter, Gange and Lapierre are out with injuries now.   They were lucky Washington got eliminated.

That being said, they did fight a hard series against Buffalo and perhaps the best goalie in the league and came out on top.    They are fighting against a very physical Philly team and are winning.   Who know what might happen if they make it to round three.    And then who knows what might happen come the finals if they make it that far.

If the Bruins can continue to win over Philly, and they can continue to get healthier as the playoffs goes on, then anything is possible.   Ottawa beat Pittsburg twice and Montreal beat them once, so Pittsburg isn't unbeatable as long as you can contain their offense.

Keep cheering, hoping for the fortunate bounces!    As it stands now we look good to make it to round three which is way more than any of us hoped for a month or two ago!!!   I believe they can win the cup this year.   They have just as good a chance as anyone else at this point!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4ever23. Show bruinsfan4ever23's posts

Well said, i agree.. i will keep cheering no doubt.. but hearing all this saying about Bruins possibly winning the CUP made me think of possible match ups if we advance. GO BRUINS!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Who are the three lines of solid offensive talent in Pittsburgh?  After Crosby, Malkin, you have an aging Guerin, an injured Staal, an inconsistent Kunitz, an invisible Ponikarovsky, and then some muckers who've been uncommonly successful in the playoffs - Cooke, Talbot, Dupuis, Kennedy, Adams, Rupp.  Hardly a balanced attack.  It's only really 'superior' at the top end, and the Shabs showed in game two that if you contain Crosby by sticking a thorn in his back pocket, you can beat the rest of that group.

Let's just say that there are lots of things you can't see that exist despite your lack of vision. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by bruinsfan4ever23[/QUOTE]

BRUINS will face Mtl in the Conference final .....(BRUINS in 4 just like last year)

and whoever in the western for the Stanley Cup ...lets say San Jose...

And I think we can beat SJ in 6

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Bookboy, right on. This year the Bruins injuries caused lots of disruption. In addition,obvious scorers like Wheeler and Ryder did not perform and we all know the enigma Wideman has been. Now they have lost Seidenberg and Stuart, but, are still performing at the pre-season level. As yet, Savvy has not been up to par, and Sabotka must be hurting, but still playing. If Ryder can get rid of his fog, and if Wheeler can stand up on his skates; and maybe if Paille can bury something, this team will continue to provide us with excitement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Any team can beat any team in  the playoffs....let's just say that we are still not playing our best hockey.  Our defense has been spotty.  We can backcheck better to cover the opposing rush.  At the other end, some forwards (Krejci) have been excellent, but others are off (Wheeler).  Let's remember that we had the best overall record last year, and we are mostly the same group of guys.

As Bookboy  points out above, Pitt is not the wonder team of all time.  Didn't Montreal score two goals on six shots against them? Every team has weaknesses and clever strategy can exploit them.  

Phila has been surprising with their offense despite injuries.  Briere is particularly impressive.  I like the guy (along with Timonen the only Phila player I do like).  And of course they have their usual thuggery and intent to injure. But we are handling them.  

If we make it to the next round, either opponent will provide great sports moments.  Let's enjoy the ride. If we should win the cup, it will be these great moments in close games that are the finest memories.

Krejci faking out Boucher to score in game one-- does it get any better than that?   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

if you haven't noticed fan forever the bruins are in every game they play....it gives them a chance against any matchup in the league.....i dont believe any team is goin to come along & blow them outa the building....with that bein said they have a chance against anyone as does the opponent have a chance against the b,s cause of the closeness of the games....right now they have that push in them that is giving them that lucky bounce to take the games....that little extra hard work & alittle talent the B,s have a good a chance as anyone

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Well said Bookboy .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

I think they can win the cup..not becuase I think they are the best team but they could be the hot team and that is all it takes in NHL playoffs...they are getting healthy and some players like Lucic, Krejci,and  Wideman are finding thier mojo from last year and Satan is in midseason form after playing half a year.
    There is 8teams left and if you caught a team at the right time you win 4 out 7
    Look at Pitts Staal I think he is out for the playoffs.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

No matter what happens, the NHL/Bruins playoffs are awesome!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueyedmannyfan. Show blueyedmannyfan's posts

In Response to Re: bruins - just dont see them winning the CUP:
    Who are the three lines of solid offensive talent in Pittsburgh?  After Crosby, Malkin, you have an aging Guerin, an injured Staal, an inconsistent Kunitz, an invisible Ponikarovsky, and then some muckers who've been uncommonly successful in the playoffs - Cooke, Talbot, Dupuis, Kennedy, Adams, Rupp.  Hardly a balanced attack.  It's only really 'superior' at the top end, and the Shabs showed in game two that if you contain Crosby by sticking a thorn in his back pocket, you can beat the rest of that group. Let's just say that there are lots of things you can't see that exist despite your lack of vision. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

Wow what a crappy lineup Pittsburgh has! How did the Penguins manage to make it to the Stanley Cup Finals the last 2 seasons and win a Cup with that group of muckers?!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Montreal a superior team? I can not believe you said that - they are winning only because they goaltender has channeled the ghosts of Dryden & Roy - 6 shots on net in 2 periods. The only reason they scored was because Fleury was taking a nap because of the boredom. I will give you Pittsburg but Montreal is not superior to Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

On paper, I don't see them winning the Cup either.

But what has me going is more than just the team's current inspired (if still sometimes sloppy) play. It's the fact that at least in the East these playoffs, NOTHING has gone according to script.

Did ANYONE "see" montreal actually beating the Capitals??? Are you kidding me? That just was not supposed to happen. But a goalie gets hot at just the right time, a team plays well on the road, a good bounce here and there, and before you know it, the #1-seeded team that trounced all comers in the regular season is gone.

Yes, Philly handled NJ in the reg. season, but most of that was before NJ got Kovalchuk and you had to figure a Brodeur vs. Boucher match up favored the devils. What happened there? Even if you thought Philly would win, would you ever have picked them to do it in 5???

Then the Bruins--with their worst in the league offense--put enough pucks past arguably the best goalie on the planet to win in 6. Not a whole lot of people expected that either.

Point is, hockey more than any other sport (except NCAA March madness one-game tourney) gives the underdog team the best opportunity for upsets. Home ice doesn't usually mean much either (altho' so far for the B's against the Flyers it's worked). Dryden single-handedly gave the Habs the Cup in '71 (much to our dismay), and there was no way that should have happened either.

Take it from one of the biggest Bruins pessimists around--just enjoy the ride game by game while you can. It IS possible for the Bruins to win the Cup this year, even tho' I agree it's probably not going to happen.

But personally--since I was convinced they'd be a DNQ this year--I'm more than willing to cheer and hope for the best.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Keep in mind the B's injuries are legit as well...
    - Stuart (tbd)
    - Seidenberg (tbd)
    - Sturm (done for the playoffs)

Top goal scorer, 2 of the top 4 defenseman...I would say they have their share of players out of the lineup as well!!??  Take Crosby (top point prodcuer & goal scorer I believe?)-Gonchar-Orpik out of the Pens lineup & see how they matchup with the B's??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

FOR THE RECORD: not comparing Stuart-Seidenberg-Sturm to Orpik-Gonchar-Crosby....obviously a tilted skill level between the two teams & those particular players; just a frame of reference that the B's are really short handed as well in these playoffs as many others teams, no excuses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

'Attaboy, TTBI!  Fact is, it's "probably not going to happen" for most teams every year, so when you see this team that seems to be on a ride, how can you not buy in and still say you're a Bruin fan.

Manny - aren't the Shabs on tonight?  Shouldn't you be laying out the skittles and fresca?  See, I'm guessing that you're not legal drinking age because of your inability to catch the distinction between calling Pittsburgh a "crappy lineup" and saying they're not as deep or as talented as the OP seemed to be suggesting.  They can be had.  Isn't that what you're telling yourself, late at night, in your Lapierre jammies?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

did you see mtl beating wsh?   this is the nhl anything can happen

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to bruins - just dont see them winning the CUP:
    As bad as it sounds or as pestimistic.. but still a bruins fan for sure i was with them during the bad times and good... fans, i just dont see them going all the way. You look at this FLYERS team, who do they really have 1 or 2 offensive threat but yet we are having the hardest time beating them, granted yes we won but look at the come backs they have put together and the mind games, resiliency (spelling) they put together.  Just imagine with jeff carter and simone gagne back in the line up forget about IL,  Bruins for sure will be playing catch up hockey and most likely not win. Thats 4 to 5 offesive threat at any given time atleast 3 lines of potent offensive attack vs bruins maybe 2 lines.. I also want to add Briere is a bruins killer just like Knuble.  So with that imagine them playing Pitt if Bruins advance, thats 3 lines of superior offensive attack that will expose and give bruins NO chance at advancing even if they pass the FLYERS.  I just dont see the Bruins,  playing with so much heart and determination can with stand that offesive attack put together by a much stronger opponent like Pitt or Montreal.  These high flying teams are fast and see the ice so well, no when to jump up to pinch in and creativity is just unbeliable.  They say defense win games but your not a wall and you are only human you are bound to make mistakes here and there no matter how good you are defensivly.   I just don't see the Bruins withstand the onslaught of offensive attack expecially when the Burins can not match the offensive attack or goals.  So i wont be holding my breath folks but im still routing for them.
    Posted by bruinsfan4ever23
    So all is lost just because we don't win the cup?I have never understood that kind of mentality.With the injuries we have had this year,the inconsistent play,breaking in a rookie goalie,I think making it to the final four is quite an achievement[if we make it].I realize we lucked out playing Buffalo and Philadelphia but last year's team[that was supposed to be set for a cup run]couldn't defeat a far inferior team in Carolina.The B's finally have a goalie who doesn't crack under pressure and with the 2nd pick overall I think the future looks good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dogmonsta. Show dogmonsta's posts

Its all about system match-ups, matching lines and heart. We dont match up well against the Flyers cuz its basically the same team. A big stuf dman acouple of a- players and a hot goalie. They BOTh play a hard checking dsystem. Put us up against Pittsburgh and its a totally dfferent game. They have SUPERSTARS and a thick lineup that doesnt really check. If we just pound them and hold Crosby and Malkin to no chances like the Habs are we have a shot.
    As far as the west goes..thats a tough road to the cup. Vancouver? Detroit? I don't know about that but hey Dryden did it...Roy did it, why not Rask?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

No one sees the B's having a chance at the cup? Why even play the games? Is it the B's fault Gagne and Carter are hurt? This team has been playing so well the last 25 games or so and no critic gives them a chance. The NHL network morons go right to the Flyers defense with their top 2 scorers being out. Who cares? If the Bruins make it to the next round it will be far more than any analyst predicted. They might not be the high flying Wings but right now I'll take my chances against any team.
    GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Are the B's in same class as Pens, Hawks, Canucks, Wings or Sharks?  Probably not, but who said they were? 

After the season the Bruins had, I'll enjoy this for as long as it lasts, though we should be able to beat this depleted Phliars team. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

If we do advance and play the penguins, our defense will be exposed by the Pens depth. I mean, Chara & Boychuck can't play against both the crosby line and the malkin line. Even if they do, Boychuck is still learning and has looked out of position at times. He hasn't been exposed, but the compete level of the penguins could do it.

I suppose it would depend on how Malkin plays, his effort level is always a roll of the dice. But the penguins will shred Wideman & Hunwick. Its possible that we could manage the inevitable bleeding, but I'm not liking it the odds

On another note: Losing Marco sturm hurt; the bruins may be used to goal scoring coming from a variety of sources, but when you start seeing Sobotka playing on the wing it really makes you see how light we are on the wing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re: bruins - just dont see them winning the CUP:
    No one sees the B's having a chance at the cup? Why even play the games? Is it the B's fault Gagne and Carter are hurt? This team has been playing so well the last 25 games or so and no critic gives them a chance. The NHL network morons go right to the Flyers defense with their top 2 scorers being out. Who cares? If the Bruins make it to the next round it will be far more than any analyst predicted. They might not be the high flying Wings but right now I'll take my chances against any team. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!
    Posted by jwb413

Being the underdog is a great thing isn't it? Less pressure on the team. I hope the ANALysts keep pumping the "great" teams and leave the Bruins alone.......until they hoist the Cup!!

Sections
Shortcuts