bruins/ kovalchuk rumors yet again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

bruins/ kovalchuk rumors yet again

ESPN, great hockey sourse i know, has the B's and kings as the front runners for kovy. PC stated not trading toronto's 1st pick.

atlanta looking for roster player (a good one i would assume) a top prospect and a 1st round.

if atlanta would take krejci (one of my fav players on B's) wideman OUR 1st this year and either colbourne or caron i believe i would do it. atlanta may want to do this W/O wideman then i'd have to reconsider.

anything to breathe life into this lifeless team.

and i would do this on one condition. JJ is willing to pay what it takes to sign him in the off season and buy out whatever players (ryder) necessary to make it work with the cap.

any thoughts or should PC go in a different direction?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roosevelt45. Show Roosevelt45's posts

Re: bruins/ kovalchuk rumors yet again

I would never trade for a rental player. Risks are too high that you'll end up with nothing at the end of the season if Kovalchuk signs somewhere. Throw the towel for the season. The high draft picks we'll get in return are worth it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vrabel500. Show Vrabel500's posts

With or without Kovalchuk the Bruins are going nowhere this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Boy now the rumors heat up again. Are the Bruins better than they have been playing-YES. Can they win a cup with Ilya?-Make the playoffs anyone can win. Now before the slump happend, all of you guys were saying bring us Ilya and we'll win the cup! So what to do?

I say go get him only if PC is allowed to nogotiate with him prior to the trade. Now how to get the deal done? Bruins 1st pick? I got to think Wideman will be invlolved along with Caron or Colbourne. Wideman, Ryder or Kriejci's contracts will have to be lost to afford Ilya.

All I can think is that maybe Marc Savard is playing a role in this, former line-mates and friends with Ilya. Maybe they have exchanged phone calls?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Wow Vrabel, well thought out post. Very articulate. You contribute so much, and your positive views are refreshing to all of us. Go sniff some more glue.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Again I repeat.. why would the Bruins surrender prospects , draft picks , roster players for a RENTAL!! PC would be out of his mind..does not make any sense to me.. The only way I would part with any package if I can get Kovy signed for long term..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I put myself in Atlanta's shoes.  I want draft picks plus a veteran.

Good draft picks.

Good young veteran.  PROVEN young veteran.

Not Ryder, Not Wideman, Not Wheeler, Not Sturm, Hamill? - go shove Dororthy up your...

Maybe Bergeron, plus Colburne, and Toronto's 2011.

Chicago I think is most likely, they have lots of young talent, then I might do something like their 2011 2012 and 2013 1st round picks, with the way this league goes, you can go from the top to the bottom in a hurry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't see why Waddell woudn't back off the "Not going to allow any negotiations" comment. If any GM said they'd sweeten the pot if they were allowed to try sign Ilya to an extension.

Think that is a possible bargaining chip for Waddell. PC can really put a good package together for Don. Bruins 2010 #1 or Toronto's 2011 #1, Caron or Colborne and Wheeler, Stuart or Chara as the current roster player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from djstrome. Show djstrome's posts

Going after Kovalchuk would be a great move. As others have pointed out, it could be an effective salary dump. If they could unload Ryder or Wideman, and Kovalev doesn't re-sign, so what? Plenty of money to go around to pick up someone else to fill their slots. So he gambles a first round pick for a Kovalev rental and shoots craps on this year. Not such a bad scenario. Who knows? Maybe they'll put it together in the playoffs...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

SanDogBrewin , that's along the lines of what I was thinking.  He may be thinking more D-men, because there's a ton of high quality forwards in the 12-23 spots.

13ETEM, EMERSONMEDICINE HATWHL5' 11.75"190RW
    14NIEDERREITER, NINOPORTLANDWHL6' 1"205RW
    15KABANOV, KIRILLMONCTONQMJHL6' 2"173LW
    16JOHANSEN, RYANPORTLANDWHL6' 2.25"194C
    17NELSON, BROCKWARROADHIGH-MN6' 2.5"205C
    18HAYES, KEVINNOBLESHIGH-MA6' 2.25"201RW
    19COYLE, CHARLIESOUTH SHOREEJHL6' 1.5"202C,RW
    20MERRILL, JONATHONUSA U-18USDP6' 3.25"198D
    21PITLICK, TYLERMINNESOTA STATEWCHA6' 1.5"194C
    22TOFFOLI, TYLEROTTAWAOHL6' 0"183C
    23GALIEV, STANISLAVSAINT JOHNQMJHL6' 0.5"177RW

Nino, Etem and Galiev caught my eye in the Top Prospects game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUSA. Show BruinsUSA's posts

Keep an eye on Charlie Coyle from Weymouth, MA headed to BU next year...loves to play physical, very strong on the puck, has tremendous hockey sense, and makes things happen out there. It would be great to see the Bruins draft a local kid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I wouldn't trade Toronto's pick in 2011 either. If they're looking to sell the working parts of that team to get some picks they're still going into rebuilding mode, leaving a very good chance that the 2011 pick is in the same range as this years pick is. As for what it would take to get him I'd say Krejci, Ryder, Brad Marchand, Tommy Cross and our 2010 pick, but make that pick protected so that if Kovalchuk doesn't make the big difference we don't make Toronto's mistake and give another team a top 10 pick. I don't think it will take the 2 prospects 2 veterans and a pick to make the deal, but I would offer the two veterans. Atlanta is still in the playoff hunt, meaning that they want roster players who can fill part of the void that Kovalchuk will leave when he's gone, and the Krejci/Ryder deal gives us cap room to have a fighting chance at re-signing Kovalchuk.
    I don't see Kovy being moved before the Olympics, but maybe Wadell's position changes and he allows teams to talk to Kovalchuk's agent about a long term deal over the break. He can't keep him and he knows it, and not allowing teams to talk to him hurts the chances on the return he could get.
    I think the Bruins are interested, but I don't see Chiarelli pulling the trigger on a move if he thinks there's a good chance that Kovalchuk walks. Maybe if he pulls the trigger he makes a Tkachuk like clause in that if we can't resign him and he leaves then we get a high pick from Atlanta in 2011. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

Paulmend is right, let the Bruins negotiate an extension with Kovalchuk, and they should be willing give up Toronto's first round pick.  I'd take Kovy over Hall any day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

BadHab: 

Not Ryder, Not Wideman, Not Wheeler, Not Sturm, Hamill? - go shove Dororthy up your...

Maybe Bergeron, plus Colburne, and Toronto's 2011

LMAO......If I'm having a bad moment at work I simply come on here and look at the trade suggestions.  OMG.......

Keep up the good work BadHab!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Kovalchuk is a franchise player. At 26 he's not even at his peek. Look at his stats, he's as close as you can get to a pure goal scorer.  Hmm.. That's right Bruins are dead last in goal scoring......  WE NEED HIM!!! We don't need D's , or any other 2nd liners. WE NEED GOAL SCORERS.. plain and simple...

If I was PC, I would keep Toronto's first pick this year  and next year ( that covers the future of the franchise), and offer to Waddel the choice of everyone on the roster and/or prospects, except: Savard, Bergeron, Chara, Thomas, Rask, Lucic, Stuart and Boychuk. With those players, plus Kovalchuk, plus Hall, Seguin or Fowler; that's a phenomenal Cup contending team in my book, this year and years to come!!!

Kovalchuk in Boston would make up for the Joe Thornton fiasco.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Powersurge: Your suggestion reminds me of the old adage.

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine........

I'll keep my top 5-7 players, plus my top draft picks for this year and next year and you can pick from the rest in return for arguably the 3rd best player on the planet.  Do we have a deal?

How about some more words of wisdom BadHab.  I'm just about losing it......

With these trade offers perhaps the Leafs have a chance to land Ovey and Crosby.....

LMAO.......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Well how about this adage:
    "One person's garbage is another's treasure"

Krejc, Sobotka, Wheeler, Bitz, Hunwick, Mcquaid, Colbourne, Marchand, Lehtonen etc. are young promising players that are worth something. It all depends what Waddell wants, and the pressure is on him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Powersurge:  Fair enough.  I'm a Leaf Fan...whom am I to argue.  But, sorry, that trade suggestion was still a bit funny.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vrabel500. Show Vrabel500's posts

To my very simple minded friend CanadaLovesTheBruins:

Two questions...

1) Do you think the Bruins are going to do any damage in the playoffs without Kovalchuk?

2) Do you think the Bruins would do any damage with Kovalchuk on the roster keeping in mind you would have given someone up who is currently on the roster to make the deal.?

Sorry but I say NO to both questions. Sorry if I dont have my face painted in black and gold while waving my Bruins #1 foam finger like you are. I guess I'm not a "real fan"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

11 posts and a Patriots avatar..  I don't know, are you?

Playoff games are won in net and on the PP.  I'm confident Rask would give us a chance to win every game.  And a Kovalchuk, Savard, Recchi, Bergeron, Chara PP1 would be, arguably, the best PP unit in the league.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

at the very least it would add some excitement for this team. not only for the fans but for the players. watching those 2 games last weekend was sad.

if this team gets into the playoffs they can definitely do some damage. but you have to be able to put the puck in the net.

for the franchise i think it would be better to give up some of our future then do nothing and miss the playoffs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

VERY SIMPLE: the B's will be better off this year and in future with Kovy.  Give up a pick(NOT Toronto's #1), a prospect, and either Lucic, Krejci, or Wheeler.

The B's need elite talent and have the tools to get this deal done.  I'm very hopeful...The contract can be made to work within the salary cap this year and in the future when an extension is signed

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Kovalchuk should not be passed up and I would pay him. I also would include Chara so we have the money for the extension. Ilya is again worth the money.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

SanDogBrewin  Entertaining the Chara thought.  The question who leads the defense?  Stuart is not quite ready for that role.  Although Thomas has proven himself, he has not had a lot of playoff experience in the mold of Hasek. Chara imo protects Thomas especially his rebounds.  His passing skills are not stellar that is granted.  Under those thoughts, would Kovy be so much of an offensive force to make the Bruins like the current Blackhawks.  If so I only ask why hasn't happened in Atlanta?  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

im all for a kovy Only if we can sign him long term and Not give up the leafs 1st rounder if that means parting with  some of the young guys now so be it

Sections
Shortcuts