Bruins Line Configuration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Bruins Line Configuration

Anyone have any insight as to what the initial lines will be?  Reading between the lines (no pun intended) it appears Sobotka is the spare foward  and I'm surmizing the lines are as follows:

LW                     C                    RW 
    Line 1            Lucic                 Savard            Wheeler?? 
    Line 2           Recchi???            Krejci              Ryder??? 
    Line 3           Sturm                 Bergeron          Kobasew???
    Line 4           Thornton             Begin              Bitz

Thoughts??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfany2k. Show bruinsfany2k's posts

Re: Bruins Line Configuration

I'd try:

Sturm-Savard-Lucic
    Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew
    Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder (why mess with what has worked?)
    Thornton-Begin-Bitz

Personally if Marchand was still on the roster I'd throw him up with Savard.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

For their last practices, Julien is working with that lines :

Lucic-Savard-Sturm
    Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder
    Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew
    Thornton-Bégin-Bitz

You can take for granted that he'll stick with it tomorrow, except if Krejci can't play.

I'm pretty happy with that. I think Sturm will provide speed on the first line, playing the kessel role.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Thanks for the input!  I think you guys are right. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Line Configuration:
    [QUOTE]For their last practices, Julien is working with that lines : Lucic-Savard-Sturm Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew Thornton-Bégin-Bitz You can take for granted that he'll stick with it tomorrow, except if Krejci can't play. I'm pretty happy with that. I think Sturm will provide speed on the first line, playing the kessel role.
    Posted by Remi72[/QUOTE]          That is the 1st line I said a month ago.Kessels bags were packed and I said Sturm was the only quikness and speed to work with Savy.The Kessel thing will never end this year if Sturm don't get going or they find a decent replacement.I like Wheels but might be a little stretch for the needed  speed through neutral.Don't forget how Kessel sped things up for Savys quick thinking.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Also,mark my words,if Savy has not found a replacement and is doing crappy come late January,his bags are packed  and will be looking to join  a contender.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Line 1: Lucic - Savard - Sturm
    Line 2: Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder
    Line 3: Recchi - Bergeron - Kobasew
    Line 4: Thornton - Begin - Bitz
    Extra Forward: Sobotka

Defensive Pairing 1: Chara - Morris
    Defensive Pairing 2: Stuart - Wideman
    Defensive Pairing 3: Ference - Hunwick

Starting Goalie: Thomas
    Backup Goalie: Rask

Those are lines for the 2009-2010 season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Those may be the lines to start the season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to toss a righty on the line with Savard, 3 lefties on a line isn't really desireable.

as for hockey-101 who needs to take hockey 101, mark my words Kovulchuk (or another such rental) will be skating with him

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Those may be the lines to start the season, but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to toss a righty on the line with Savard, 3 lefties on a line isn't really desireable.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I didn't even notice that at first glance. That is a very relevant story line that should be interesting to follow

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Lines are adjusted as the game unfolds, depending on many factors ie: injuries.
    intensisty, who's hot, the other team, PP, PK

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]Lines are adjusted as the game unfolds, depending on many factors ie: injuries. intensisty, who's hot, the other team, PP, PK
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

well DKrejci46 made an excellent point, having three players that shoot the same way on the same line... that is probably going to be mentioned by Julien sooner rather than later. I garuntee he is looking at how this will play out. Expecially since it has powerplay implications as well.

a change could be directly related to the side they shoot.

I would doubt they would take Ryder away from Krejci because they have developed chemistry together last season. doesn't that leave this as the only possibility for change?

Lucic Savard Wheeler
    Sturm Krejci Ryder
    Recchi bergeron kobasew (line isn't gonna change)
    etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

i wouldn't hesitate one bit in giving Kobasew a look on the first line, with Savard passing him the puck he could put up good numbers

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

hmm yeah I like kobasew too, but I think i remember hearing Julien said he really didn't wanna mess with that line. It was something to the extent of, "They were the  best line in the playoffs, i don't think i want to mess with them"

if that could happen, these lines would be interesting:

Lucic-Savard-Kobasew
    Recchi-Krejci-Ryder
    Sturm-Bergeron-Wheeler
    4th line
    *I just know know about putting your best passer on a line without a true goal scorer.

but I'm guessing you would rather see
    Sturm-Krejci-Ryder
    *Krejci would probably pick up a boatload of assists here.

Maybe we would even see:
    Sturm - Savard - Kobasew
    Lucic- Krejci - Ryder
    Recchi - Bergeron - Wheeler
    * these lines actually make a lot of sense

argg... I hope Wheeler is improved defensively this season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicanator17. Show lucicanator17's posts

bitz s!@# he worthless plz guys stop putting him on the 4th line he couldnt make a peewee team

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]bitz s!@# he worthless plz guys stop putting him on the 4th line he couldnt make a peewee team
    Posted by lucicanator17[/QUOTE]

..fail comment 0/10 bitz is great 100% of NHL teams would be thrilled to have a player like him on the 4th line..... moving on.........

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Lines
    Line 1: Lucic - Savard - Sturm
    Line 2: Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder
    Line 3: Recchi - Bergeron - Kobasew
    Line 4: Thornton - Begin - Bitz
    Extra Forward: Sobotka

Sobotka is gone down to P yest.

Sturm is going to replace Kessel and all the rest will be status quo from Playoffs last year, with Begin for Yelle, Wheeler back in for PJ and thank goodness that he is gone.
    The lines are going to get different looks especially since it is early in the season and there will be a gazillion penalties(fantom penalties) called for the next month and a half before the Refs get sore mouths from blowing.
    We have excellent PK and PP.
    D and nets will be great as usual.
    Interesting to see Rask as he will get quality starts in early season as they get their legs and stamina built up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Drop the puck!  Looking forward to tonights game no-matter what the line-up is. Lets see how the Ovie show looks against the B's tonight.

Lets keep that crowd playoff loud for the first two games and get the B's going.

By the way, "bruinsfanny2k" is going to be correct about the lines tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JeffMaine. Show JeffMaine's posts

[QUOTE]For their last practices, Julien is working with that lines : Lucic-Savard-Sturm Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder Recchi-Bergeron-Kobasew Thornton-Bégin-Bitz You can take for granted that he'll stick with it tomorrow, except if Krejci can't play. I'm pretty happy with that. I think Sturm will provide speed on the first line, playing the kessel role.
    Posted by Remi72[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is what the lines project to be.

Also, the defense pairrings look to be:

Chara- Morris
    Wideman- Stuart
    Ference- Hunwick

Later

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Prediction--  At some point this year due to injuries, you will see Marchand riding that right wing slot with Savard.  He has the speed and quick release and he shoots right.  He scored two snazzy goals in the pre-season, a tip in of the hard pass by Morris, and a one timer on the feed from Savard.

Who knows-- he might just stay there.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Prediction--  At some point this year due to injuries, you will see Marchand riding that right wing slot with Savard.  He has the speed and quick release and he shoots right.  He scored two snazzy goals in the pre-season, a tip in of the hard pass by Morris, and a one timer on the feed from Savard. Who knows-- he might just stay there.             The guy has earned a lot.The 6-3 Bitz is in his way for the grinder thing.Hey what the heck if things do go south on finding someone for Savy why not,he has definitely earned his chance.He is fighting the size reach thing,but give him his due.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

I really loved what I saw from Marchand, too.
    No doubt about it, he'll see NHL action soon.