Bruins lineup w/ Morris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Bruins lineup w/ Morris

My guess is they dump Kobasew for picks-sadly.

Lucic-Savard-Kessel
    Sturm-Krecji-Ryder
    Recchi-Bergeron-Wheeler
    Bitz-Begin-Thornton

Chara-Morris
    Stuart-Wideman
    Ference-Hunwick

Thomas
    Rask

Looks decent to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Re: Bruins lineup w/ Morris

I like it.Savard with Kessel.A potent combo.Savard needs someone to keep up with him.Lucic will police everything and put someone through the glass along the way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

This lineup looks about right and notice with Sturm and Recchi we have more scoring punch than last year and have not given up any toughness. It looks very good, but chemistry could be alittle bit of a concern.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins lineup w/ Morris:
    This lineup looks about right and notice with Sturm and Recchi we have more scoring punch than last year and have not given up any toughness. It looks very good, but chemistry could be alittle bit of a concern.
    Posted by brunod

That is what camp is for Brunod. PC and Cam to the troops "Everybody getting there checks on the 1st and 15th ?" resounding answer "umm yah I think so."

PC and Cam "Good now forget about hand holding and chemistry go get us a cup you Hosers!" Thank you very much! No autographs please!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

Ah hello... there is no more money so you can take Kessel out of the equation

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

He said Kobsew was being dumped.....clearing some money for Kessel.....nookie

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

He said Kobsew was being dumped.....clearing some money for Kessel.....nookie
    Posted by SCORE6

Kobasew for picks?? Who would give up draft picks just to take on Kobawhos salary? Give me a break

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Nookie you should be giving us a break, ANYONE would give up picks for Kobasew. He has one of the most club friendly contracts we have....2.33 mill for a 20+ goal scorer who plays with grit and plays  a 2 way game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

Nookie you should be giving us a break, ANYONE would give up picks for Kobasew. He has one of the most club friendly contracts we have....2.33 mill for a 20+ goal scorer who plays with grit and plays  a 2 way game.
    Posted by dkrejci46

Really why is he still on the team then?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

good one .... "i know you are but what am i ?"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skaswatch. Show Skaswatch's posts

In Response to Bruins lineup w/ Morris:
    My guess is they dump Kobasew for picks-sadly. - - Looks decent to me.
    Posted by titletownfan

Even if we move Kobasew - for nothing - that still would leave 3.6 million for Kessel, to which he would have to drop his price considerably. It also would leave absolutely no wiggle room under the cap for the season. Also, if PC did his job better instead of flashing buyout money, there'd be an extra 2 million in payroll available, but alas, there isn't. For 5.4 we could have easily got the Kessel deal done, but now it's a crapshoot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

and Skaswatch has answered your questieon nookie, if Kessel stops asking for 4 million then the Bruins would move a kobasew to keep Kessel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Don't forget about Sabotka. He's NHL ready, big time. We can deal with losing Kobasew for picks and resign Kessel. Too bad we can't find someone to take Sturm.He's a waste of 3+ Million. We proved that we didn't need him last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lockstar. Show Lockstar's posts

In Response to Bruins lineup w/ Morris:
    My guess is they dump Kobasew for picks-sadly. Lucic-Savard-Kessel Sturm-Krecji-Ryder Recchi-Bergeron-Wheeler Bitz-Begin-Thornton Chara-Morris Stuart-Wideman Ference-Hunwick Thomas Rask Looks decent to me.
    Posted by titletownfan

where does chuck kobasew fit into your lineup?  are we gonna trade him for picks/with who?  Boston has to deal a forward - Kobasew-Kessel-Bergeron-Ryder are the ones that make the most sense to deal, considering salary and no trade clauses for Savard and Sturm.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lockstar. Show Lockstar's posts

Don't forget about Sabotka. He's NHL ready, big time. We can deal with losing Kobasew for picks and resign Kessel. Too bad we can't find someone to take Sturm.He's a waste of 3+ Million. We proved that we didn't need him last year.
    Posted by McKodiak5

sobotka is still a 13th forward on this team.  he'll play to start the season cuz of the injury to krejci, but when krejci is healthy, vladdy is in the press box.

also, friendly reminder, kessel will be gone for minimum 1 month to start the year too

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tank0r. Show tank0r's posts

Assuming Kessel and Krejci miss some of the 1st part of the year, I wonder if Chia would be able to "Long Term Injury" them to get back part of their cap number???

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

Assuming Kessel and Krejci miss some of the 1st part of the year, I wonder if Chia would be able to "Long Term Injury" them to get back part of their cap number???
    Posted by tank0r

In the end I think some money will come off. If Im right though that kickback doesnt come untill 20 days into the season. Could help us a little at the trade deadline though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Id like to see Sobotka fill in for anyone who is too injured to start the year....but here's hoping Sobotka plays one more year in the AHL when said player returns.

With that said this team (with Kessel) has one too many forwards. One of Sturm or Kobasew in my mind dont fit on this team. One of them will be moved without a doubt and I dont think itll be Sturm who is excited to play and has a no trade....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

I for one wouldn't mind seeing Kessel gone if anyone makes him an offer- I'll take the picks considering what we have for top 9 forwards right now and the cap space we have remaining. You don't really want to go into the year with zero space left. 
    I like the Morris signing - offers exactly what they were looking for and needed. Can't wait for the season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

In Response to Bruins lineup w/ Morris : Even if we move Kobasew - for nothing - that still would leave 3.6 million for Kessel, to which he would have to drop his price considerably . It also would leave absolutely no wiggle room under the cap for the season. Also, if PC did his job better instead of flashing buyout money, there'd be an extra 2 million in payroll available, but alas, there isn't. For 5.4 we could have easily got the Kessel deal done, but now it's a crapshoot.
    Posted by Skaswatch

Exactly, the buyout money is killing us. Why PC felt the need to buyout Schaeffer & Eaves is beyond me. The extra $2 million would help big time. It would give us cap flexibility, which we currently have none. We are headed for a Calgary situation, several injuries but no cap space to call anyone up.

Sections
Shortcuts