Bruins Management is a disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace

In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]k first off marco your not fooling anyone, you clearly have like 8 names you troll this board on, to you and crawford whatever, you guys aren't Bs fans, so why don't you just go chat on the board of the team you actually like
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

hahaha, man u are real fools, bud i just got on this forum i would say about a week ago, but now u got me thinking maybe this is what ur doing.
     i got a good laugh at this one. i am still giggling.

i don't know waht to say to u

tell me i have not searched , are there forums where i can talk with some real hockey fans. there are some good ones here but guys like this. .

here i am u caught me man, let's get the fbi . gotta tellu ur on to me. No wonder some of u accept everything mgmt feeds u

man, paranoia big destroyer

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbchaffee2. Show jbchaffee2's posts

In Response to Bruins Management is a disgrace:
    [QUOTE]The day after the Bruins traded Joe Thorton, I was talking to another hockey fan and he told me that Mike O'Connel is married to Harry Sindens daughter. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, it is just more evidence that the Bruins are a real sad excuse for a professional sports organization. Harry Sinden didn't accomplish jack #### over a 30 year period and what now, good old Mikey can do the same for the next 30 years. I am glad I found this forum 2 days ago, because I am happy to see that many other hockey fans have found out that the Bruins management team is a disgrace.
    Posted by RandyD69[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbchaffee2. Show jbchaffee2's posts

RandyD69 and Crawford county:  You people are quite obviously as knowledgeable about the game of hockey as I am about speaking Swahili.  Apparenly one of you 2 morons even think Mike O'connell is still running the show in Bruins land.  If either of you 2 idiots even know what a dictionairy is, get one out and look up 2 words:  "salary" and "cap".  What would you 2 geniuses do?  Trade Michael Ryder or Marc Savard, guys who actually give a damn about the defensive end of the ice and give a 100% effort every night in order to keep a pansy, complaining little b---ch who RAN AWAY like a little girl from a confrontation in the Montreal playoff series last year?  Why dont you guys go comment on a sport you know something about, like tiddleywinks or something.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ninosurfer. Show ninosurfer's posts

[QUOTE]CAP considerations Derek Morris signs for $3.3 m, while Jay McKee signs for $800,000 Tim Thomas and Tuuka Rask will account for $8.2 million between the pipes if Sabourin isn't the back up.  What happens over the next 3 years when Rask will be ready? Can Savard be kept in the fold next year with the likely raises for Lucic and Wheeler?  (Possibly Rask as well?)  The choices will be that much more tougher if the CAP goes down to $50m. Has Chiarelli managed the team into a box?
    Posted by jqto[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head my friend. Chiarelli is the worse salary cap manager in the NHL. Period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : u must be part of the  blind loyalist scotland talks about,. Listen punk look at the history of draft choices number 1's and see how many actually pan out. especially if u consider that boston may not be picking higher then 10 overall. take a walk leave forum and let the experts talk
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Are you calling yourself an expert?
    If so, wow
    The Bruins are sitting in a position where they have 9 forwards that SHOULD score 20 goals with relative ease, and an admirable defensive corps. They also have the reigning Vezina and Jack Adams, and Norris winners. They have a few young guys that could be super stars, 3 second round draft picks in the next years draft, and four first rounders in the next two....managed terribly???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : hahaha, man u are real fools, bud i just got on this forum i would say about a week ago, but now u got me thinking maybe this is what ur doing.  i got a good laugh at this one. i am still giggling. i don't know waht to say to u tell me i have not searched , are there forums where i can talk with some real hockey fans. there are some good ones here but guys like this. . here i am u caught me man, let's get the fbi . gotta tellu ur on to me. No wonder some of u accept everything mgmt feeds u man, paranoia big destroyer
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

what??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Players never hold all the cards - even unrestricted free agents have to find someone willing to pay them.    Kessel sat as long as he did because he only found a partner after the Olympic Development camp.  No surprise that all parties came out of that little summer camp slumber party wanting to be best friends.  And even so, Burke only became credible when he had the option of an offer sheet.  We'd have seen the Nashville deal if he hadn't reacquired his second round pick.  All that said, yes, Chiarelli had few options once the player and the Leafs had exchanged vows - but not rings, 'cause the Leafs don't have any. 
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

That's what I meant by holding all the cards. With an offer sheet lurking along with Kessel's agent buddy buddy with the Leafs.
    It was dead in the water before it even started. Kessel liked the money the Leafs were ready to give him (and wouldn't) . Nashville would never put up 27million.
    An RFA doesn't hold the same cards as a UFA but even if traded the other team wants a guaranty he will sign.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : Odd.  nhlnumbers.com shows both the Bruins and Leafs as having 10 players under contract for next year, with the estimated cap hit for those players being $37.5 and $36.3 million, respectively.  Not exactly a lot of difference there. Do you have a source that shows something different?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Actually no. I missed by one. Apologies to the stat miners. My intention was to point out that the B's have more free agents of value to the team that they have to re-up as compared to Toronto. They have to address their in-house loyalty signings whereas Burke will continue to clean house as per his mandate. Stajan et al should be aware. They are targeting Kovalchuk and possibly Savard next UFA season. They can create that space due to their record since they've been loyal to people who haven't done a lot. I bet they'd love to have Rask back. Raycroft...whatta putz. And their goalie of the future..Pogge..didn't work hard enough and is gone. Komisarek, in spite of getting punched out by Lucic, is a very good defenseman. Hey is it me or are the Leafs becoming Team America (not the puppets)
    Love to talk hockey

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scotland19. Show scotland19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : what??

maybe don't drink before you post

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : Actually no. I missed by one. Apologies to the stat miners. My intention was to point out that the B's have more free agents of value to the team that they have to re-up as compared to Toronto. They have to address their in-house loyalty signings whereas Burke will continue to clean house as per his mandate. Stajan et al should be aware. They are targeting Kovalchuk and possibly Savard next UFA season. They can create that space due to their record since they've been loyal to people who haven't done a lot. I bet they'd love to have Rask back. Raycroft...whatta putz. And their goalie of the future..Pogge..didn't work hard enough and is gone. Komisarek, in spite of getting punched out by Lucic, is a very good defenseman. Hey is it me or are the Leafs becoming Team America (not the puppets) Love to talk hockey
    Posted by scotland19[/QUOTE]

I get your point and can't argue with that. Burke wants his team and not afraid of getting rid of players that don't fit into his plans. Does Kaberle still have a no trade clause (I think he does) but I wouldn't be surprised Burke trading away a D for more offense. Kessel , besides being hurt, cannot do it all.
    Yes,  Leafs can be pretty dangerous come the next off season.
    There's nothing the Bruins can do right now but start planning on their UFA/RFA's and me as a Bruin fan ,  enjoy the season , sit and wait.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

scotland maybe read the incoherent babble i was responding to

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcater. Show dcater's posts

So let me get this straight, management is a disgrace and Chiarelli is a disgrace...
    Ok, I won't lie, I despise Jacobs and his miserly approach over the years, then he quite definitely screwed the B's over when he gave the truly over-rated, non effective Martin Lapointe 20 mil for 4 seasons (Jacobs call because he was playing a cat and mouse with Detroit owner Illitch, and thought he was one-upping him by "stealing" Lapointe, who Detroit already deemed as a minor cog in their Cup machine).

But that was then, and this is now. The team was a complete joke 2 years ago, Julien turned them around and then this past year, the team really found itself. Chiarelli is not my idea of a great GM, but he did get Recchi who was terrific and he signed Ryder, who was also terrific. The B's are among the top teams in the NHL with just about everyone but Kessel back and Sturm could replace Kessel's offense.

The Chiarelli-Julien combo is much like Theo-Francona, and Pioli-Belichick, they are on the same page, and that's something the B's haven't been doing for a very long time. Because of the cap, I believe Jacobs (who was one of the guys pushing for it when they finally went to the cap) has backed off on his micro-managing style. He is staying more hands off than ever, and Chiarelli has been given room to make decisions for the best of the franchise.

As someone said, it is different in the cap era, everything is different, including how you hold on to or get rid of players based completely on economics.

I found the team an exciting, young, and explosive team...great to watch on TV...they were/are entertaining. GM and Coach deserve kudos not dismay from fans. They did not get lucky v. Carolina in Gm 7. Otherwise who knows.

To know how absolutely embarrassing this team was under Dave Lewis and to see it now, it's truly 100 times better. Can't argue with the team's direction.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : Actually no. I missed by one. Apologies to the stat miners. My intention was to point out that the B's have more free agents of value to the team that they have to re-up as compared to Toronto. They have to address their in-house loyalty signings whereas Burke will continue to clean house as per his mandate. Stajan et al should be aware. They are targeting Kovalchuk and possibly Savard next UFA season. They can create that space due to their record since they've been loyal to people who haven't done a lot. I bet they'd love to have Rask back. Raycroft...whatta putz. And their goalie of the future..Pogge..didn't work hard enough and is gone. Komisarek, in spite of getting punched out by Lucic, is a very good defenseman. Hey is it me or are the Leafs becoming Team America (not the puppets) Love to talk hockey
    Posted by scotland19[/QUOTE]
    Fair enough.  In looking around there are several good centers that will likely be UFAs or RFAs of the Kessel sort next year, but given their history and the situation the Bruins will be in Savard certainly looks like he could be at the top of the list.  Unless Kessel gets moved back to center.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : Are you calling yourself an expert? If so, wow The Bruins are sitting in a position where they have 9 forwards that SHOULD score 20 goals with relative ease, and an admirable defensive corps. They also have the reigning Vezina and Jack Adams, and Norris winners. They have a few young guys that could be super stars, 3 second round draft picks in the next years draft, and four first rounders in the next two....managed terribly???

no team ever won the cup with 20 goal scorers only, this is not me talkn it.s history.  Do u think that bruins will defy history. I understand ur an eternal optimistm and that's ok, but u cannot dispell the past.
    bruins have shown they can win the reg season trophies. "But frankly my dear i don't give a damn" about reg season, only trophy they should have in sight is the cup. years down the road no one will care about the vezina, norris, jack adams, purely individual awards. U say boston is a team then the biggest reward for a nhl team is Stanley.

don' t pay attention on the 2nd rounders, they seldom pan out, granted they have done a good job in recent years but overall 2nd rounders very seldom make let alone  excel in the nhl.
    the first rounders are gonna have to be really high picks top 5. this is on the part of bruin mgmt is a real gamble, they have no certitude where those picks will be and if they are ever gonna pan out. let's say past drafts dictates that chances are slimmer that they will become nhl stars then not. many things come into play as well like the quality and depth of a respective draft.

david, u may be quite a young fan, and i see u like to dream and that's fine, I certainly would love to see the bruins realize ur dreams however what i am saying and hopefully am wrong is that without kess next yr in line-up the bruins mgmt not me , and not kess, may have put a damper on ur dreams.
    we don't care about 5 yrs from now , it's pretty unanimous , we want the cup now. just like their motto said last yr. "We want it" all i can say is u better go get it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]how is first overall last year and stanley cup this year a disgrace? go back to icemantz board please.
    Posted by Kanes-Donuts[/QUOTE]
     stanley cup this year? u know something we don't

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

[QUOTE]The Chiarelli-Julien combo is much like Theo-Francona, and Pioli-Belichick, they are on the same page

Posted by dcater[/QUOTE]

L M F A O

You are right they are exactly alike, minus the success, the Rings, & the Mulitple World Championships...

Some of you people are a riot, let me tell ya

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bruins Management is a disgrace : L M F A O You are right they are exactly alike, minus the success, the Rings, & the Mulitple World Championships... Some of you people are a riot, let me tell ya
    Posted by HeraldReader08[/QUOTE]

haha did someone actually say that??

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiaPuppet. Show ChiaPuppet's posts

Chiarelli is in over his head. That much is plainly obvious

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nycbruinsfan. Show nycbruinsfan's posts

[The day after the Bruins traded Joe Thorton, I was talking to another hockey fan and he told me that Mike O'Connel is married to Harry Sindens daughter. Does anyone know if this is true? If it is, it is just more evidence that the Bruins are a real sad excuse for a professional sports organization. Harry Sinden didn't accomplish jack #### over a 30 year period and what now, good old Mikey can do the same for the next 30 years. I am glad I found this forum 2 days ago, because I am happy to see that many other hockey fans have found out that the Bruins management team is a disgrace.]

This was posted back in 2006!!   Anything change since then fellow Bruinsfans ?

[Chiarelli is in over his head. That much is plainly obvious]

Don't lay all the blame on PC!