Bruins management is beyond laughable

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Bruins management is beyond laughable

* 4 years 20 million dollars for a 35 year old goalie with ONE playoff series win, when you have your goalie of the future waiting, yo dont sign a 35 year old goalie to a 4 year contract along with a NTC. I have no problem with the 5 million/year. It is the # of years thats a killer. Lets suppose PC signed TT to 2 years 10million, Thomas would be so much more tradeable. Now teams wont want to take on a 36 year old goalie with 3 years left on his contract at 5 mill per. I think Thomas stays in boston till the end of his contract. Love TT as a person but chiarelli is an idiot.

*3 years 12 million for a guy coming of 14-17-31 totals on a juggernaut montreal team in 07-08. Again this is what makes guys untradable. I think Ryder is a good guy but 2.5 would have been far more reasonable. That would make him much more tradable if he has a bad season. Teams dont want to take a risk on a streaky goal scorer with a 4 mill contract. Again, PC fails

* Lucic- love the guy and love his heart. but 4 mill is a little to high. # mill would have been much better or PC could have waited a little bit before handing out his extention. I love Lucic's heart, but offensively, I cant see this guy getting more than 20 goals/45 points in a season. Also what many people do not realize is that Lucic's style of play makes him prone to a lot of injuries. None of you guys can really expect him to play 82 games in a season.

*Not one player that PC drafted plays regularly on the bruins.

* 3.3 for derek morris is pretty laughable. That signing happened like 3 weeks after july 1. That tells me DM probably wasnt getting many offers at the time and PC still gives him 3.3? Every heard of supply and demand chiarelli

*Chuck kobasew trade- PC has to trade NHL talent to bring up AHL players when savard and lucic first got hurt. Awful cap management

* 4 years/3.9 mill per season for dennis wideman- this one should be self explanatory

* still has 4 buyots- murray, schaeffer, eaves, dave lewis

*How could I forget. Julien and chiarelli both get multi year extentions that take effect next season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GutlessChara. Show GutlessChara's posts

Re: Bruins management is beyond laughable

In Response to Bruins management is beyond laughable:
    * 4 years 20 million dollars for a 35 year old goalie with ONE playoff series win, when you have your goalie of the future waiting, yo dont sign a 35 year old goalie to a 4 year contract along with a NTC. I have no problem with the 5 million/year. It is the # of years thats a killer. Lets suppose PC signed TT to 2 years 10million, Thomas would be so much more tradeable. Now teams wont want to take on a 36 year old goalie with 3 years left on his contract at 5 mill per. I think Thomas stays in boston till the end of his contract. Love TT as a person but chiarelli is an idiot. *3 years 12 million for a guy coming of 14-17-31 totals on a juggernaut montreal team in 07-08. Again this is what makes guys untradable. I think Ryder is a good guy but 2.5 would have been far more reasonable. That would make him much more tradable if he has a bad season. Teams dont want to take a risk on a streaky goal scorer with a 4 mill contract. Again, PC fails * Lucic- love the guy and love his heart. but 4 mill is a little to high. # mill would have been much better or PC could have waited a little bit before handing out his extention. I love Lucic's heart, but offensively, I cant see this guy getting more than 20 goals/45 points in a season. Also what many people do not realize is that Lucic's style of play makes him prone to a lot of injuries. None of you guys can really expect him to play 82 games in a season. *Not one player that PC drafted plays regularly on the bruins. * 3.3 for derek morris is pretty laughable. That signing happened like 3 weeks after july 1. That tells me DM probably wasnt getting many offers at the time and PC still gives him 3.3? Every heard of supply and demand chiarelli *Chuck kobasew trade- PC has to trade NHL talent to bring up AHL players when savard and lucic first got hurt. Awful cap management * 4 years/3.9 mill per season for dennis wideman- this one should be self explanatory * still has 4 buyots- murray, schaeffer, eaves, dave lewis *How could I forget. Julien and chiarelli both get multi year extentions that take effect next season  
    Posted by mikehawkislong69

Lucic deal is making Marty Lapointe deal of yester year look great

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Excellent post...couldn't agree more on all points. So what are the solutions, the Bruins wait out the current wave of bad contracts? Guess what, as history as my witness, there will be more bad contacts to come. Where does it end?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheelhouse46. Show Wheelhouse46's posts

i agree with the majority of the post, but i dont think its more of who he signed, but more of who he let go... pj and yelle and hnidy and kobasew were huge role guys who play in more than one end of the rink. that,i think is a big problem affecting this year

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

PJ, Yelle, Hnidy, and Kobasew are role guys who play in more than one end of the rink.....This doesn't make sense to me. Not sure what you are getting at there, but Kobasew did nothing while he was here this year and has done nothing all year. Hnidy is a solid D guy, but nothing that I miss...that is except his attitude. PJ, I don't agree with you there, have you noticed their penalty killing is # 1 in the league (or was a couple days ago). So what else does he do? Yelle=Begin, both stink and won't be missed next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRRocker. Show BRRocker's posts

All of the guys you have mentioned,along with David Krecji have not earned their salaries this year. Forget about injuries, these guys just do not compete ,all overpaid.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

Chiarelli is in over his head

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

I think you really need to look at what guys are making and realize most of these contracts are on market value.. Its just a fact.. Ryder, slightly high, but has posted back to back 30 goal seasons, before landin in the dog house and not seeing a whole lot of playing time,

krejci is over payed?  do you think for one minute 20 other teams wouldnt have loved to trade and sign him at that amount?

Lucic again, is not even making 4 million yet, and keep in mind that amount is very similar to avery, to Ott etc.. guys who can hit, and play get paid its just a fact of the game..

And thomas's contract, going into the season (and even now) i wouldn't have gambled the franchise on rask, they needed to keep thomas to secure things..There are far worse contracts out there on aging goalies.. And keep in mind its a negotiation half of you sound like The bruins can just go heres 2 million, take it.. They held strong with kessel at 4.5 and he forced a trade wanting out, stop complaining about all the guys who actually wanted to be here..

Even as lousy as wideman has been, its not like he is dragging down the team like Rosival or Redden's contracts..

Sections
Shortcuts