Bruin's Master Plan?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bruin's Master Plan?

So...sometimes what's obvious to most is also the thinking of those in charge?  Hunh!  Whodda thought.  (I don't mean that as a shot at you, mos)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin's Master Plan?:
    In Response to Re: Bruin's Master Plan? : Not the best area in LA to get good food hopefully the ESPN Zone food won't act up when PC is at the podium LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

It would be total Bruin luck that there's a player in outer Uzbekistan named "Boa-ha Ohgaw-bwuh-uh"

"With the second pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the Bruins select ... Boaha Ohgawbwuhuh...Excuse me...move move!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vilho. Show Vilho's posts

first off, to my knowledge (which is probably questionable at best) dmen have a fair bit to do with the ol' offense these days.  The point of defense in almost any sport is to stop the attack of the other team and transition the game quickly to your own attack.  Big lugs who smas the cripes out of dudes are nice, but leaves the transition game stalled and everyone gets back (assuming said smashed forward gets back up) which limits the next attack.  If the dmen take the puck away or retreive it and make a quick outlet pass then guys are left behind and oddman attacks ensue.  Drafting a gifted and smooth skating dman IS drafting offense.  Well worth a top 5 pick if you identify one worth taking.  I'm betting there will be possibilities of drafting that type of dman later in the draft as well though again IF identified well, so best to just draft the best guy available. 

I think PC can do a better job on the drafting, but there are definately some exciting young guys coming up and this draft SHOULD add several names to that list.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin's Master Plan? : It would be total Bruin luck that there's a player in outer Uzbekistan named "Boa-ha Ohgaw-bwuh-uh" "With the second pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, the Bruins select ... Boaha Ohgawbwuhuh...Excuse me...move move!"
    Posted by Bookboy007

That's great Bookboy! LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

How about Ryder for Horton, straight up? One $4M/yr underachieving bum for another. This sounds like the deal of the century. If I was PC, I'd be all over this one like white on rice. Seriously, maybe these two both just need a change of scenery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

How about Ryder for Horton, straight up? One $4M/yr underachieving bum for another. This sounds like the deal of the century. If I was PC, I'd be all over this one like white on rice. Seriously, maybe these two both just need a change of scenery.
    Posted by CHARAWINSTHENORRIS

I'm going to guess that Tallon wouldn't think this was a good trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Who knows what Tallon thinks, he gave Campbell his current deal.

In Response to Re: Bruin's Master Plan? : I'm going to guess that Tallon wouldn't think this was a good trade.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

I  must admit I am totally looking forward to Friday night!! I hope Chiarelli has some creativeness in his reportoire that we have yet to see. I would luv to see some major trades to go younger and get out from some of these contracts.. But the person in charge for making trades is the SAME person who gave out these bad contracts.. Is he learning on the job? I do hope that this draft makes a 10 year impact on the organization - this time in a very POSITIVE way!
    Posted by cactusTony

UPDATE: PC has now proven w/o a reasonable doubt that he has zero imagination and creativity in his repetoire. Aside form Seguin, I am completely at a loss for words over this draft. 2010 draft was the year he could have played the board like a fiddle. IMHO he failed miserably. He chose to hit singles and doubles, instead of hitting a home run, when actually, all the pieces were in place for a grand slam! Etem, Merril, Kabanov, Fowler? I don't get it? More small centers? Zach Hamill anyone? I'm am dumdfounded by this draft. Seriously, it took no thought whatsover to draft Seguin. After the 1st round was where i really hoped to see a plan. I really had high hopes for PC, but bottom line- he seems completely overmatched! Very disappointed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Bruin's Master Plan? : UPDATE: PC has now proven w/o a reasonable doubt that he has zero imagination and creativity in his repetoire. Aside form Seguin, I am completely at a loss for words over this draft. 2010 draft was the year he could have played the board like a fiddle. IMHO he failed miserably. He chose to hit singles and doubles, instead of hitting a home run, when actually, all the pieces were in place for a grand slam! Etem, Merril, Kabanov, Fowler? I don't get it? More small centers? Zach Hamill anyone? I'm am dumdfounded by this draft. Seriously, it took no thought whatsover to draft Seguin. After the 1st round was where i really hoped to see a plan. I really had high hopes for PC, but bottom line- he seems completely overmatched! Very disappointed.
    Posted by brandonboys1

I feel the same way.  Forgot about Hamill, look at that draft, it was as weak a draft as ever.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

First of all Neely is there with him to make decisions and 2nd of all how were the Bruins supposed to get Fowler ???  Did you see any of those teams give up a top12 (12th where Fowler went) ???
    I also disagree with all the centers they took although does not mean they can't play another position.  My only disappointment ,  pick no32.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Knight's a right wing who gets listed as a centre.

PC was very clear about the whole position thing: in juniors, players with the most talent end up as centres almost all the time.  One reason they kept saying that if the Oilers wanted Hall and wanted a C, then they'd play Hall as a C because he'd been a centre right up until the last year or two.

The lack of size is worrying.  Taking a pass on Kabanov, Merrill etc., well, if you spend the first month of the off-season talking about building consistency, you might decide to avoid taking guys with huge character issues.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

Well then maybe Neely is overmatched 2? I don't know, all I'm saying is I was hoping for much much more from this years draft. A draft widely considered the deepest in many years. I guess part of it is my lack of faith/trust in the Horton trade. He comes w/ more questions than anwers. (Excellent players motivate themselves). I felt we should have kept that pick as a bargaining chip. I have no idea if Fowler or Gormley were in play and they probably dropped based on other teams needs. I'm guessing Phoenix et al r doing cartwheels, not talking about deficencies in their games. I guess I just had visions of a Seguin, Fowler/Forbert/Watson, Etem/Merril, Kabanov bounty and it didn't materilaize.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

If I were PC, my master plan would be:

1) Trade Thomas for best avaliable player.  Based on reports (as ridiculous as they may seem), this would mean Jeff Carter from the Flyers.

2) With Carter at Center, the Bruins would need to move Seguin to wing.  Now they have Carter-Krejci-Bergeron up the middle.

3) Trade Savard and Hunwick for a legitimate top-two defenseman (personally I don't want Kaberle).

4) The Bruins are left with 5 defensemen, so resign Mark Stuart.

Why do this?  Now you don't have a guy making 5 million that's sitting on the bench.  Savard for Carter is an equal, if not better (for the Bruins), swap of centermen.  The defense is improved with the addition of a top-two defenseman.  I don't know who that d-man would be, because I still don't which teams Savard has waived his NTC for.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bird8817. Show Bird8817's posts

In Response to Bruin's Master Plan?:
    I heard Chiarelli mention the other day that the Bruin's have a "master plan" .. I have serious doubts, how about everyone else? This draft for instance, we have a dire need for scoring, but I have a feeling that they want to move up from 15 to take a defenseman.. Your thoughts?
    Posted by cactusTony

15 has been gone for a long time get a clue!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brandonboys1. Show brandonboys1's posts

That comment was posted a long time ago Bird. Anyway, wasn't Jack Johnson on the block in LA? How bout Savard and the rights to Stewie for JJ? I doubt they want Carter, but who konws.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

The bRUINS master plan has always been: Buy low; sell high.

Sections
Shortcuts