Bruins Nation? Not...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from causewaychaos. Show causewaychaos's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

Trying to get a general consensus on how to refer to the legions of Bruins fans throughout. I read on other message boards as fans not wanting to be referred to as "Bruins Nation".

Anyone have any ideas? Bruins Tribe? Bruins Faithful? Bruins Hub? I'm not saying these are great ideas, but just throwing stuff out there to get everyone's mind going.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

In the era of the Big Bad Bruins with Orr/Espo/Cheesie, New England's B's community (which was universal back then, Orr was even more of a god than Brady and tix were impossible to get) was known as "Bruins Country", Bruins Country bumper stickers were everywhere, etc. That's when I got hooked.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from causewaychaos. Show causewaychaos's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

AConcernedCitizen,

I use to go to a lot of games, but then I moved to the South. I have the NHL package and keep up with them through the news. When I was still in the Boston area, I would try to get to several games a year. However, it got less enticing to spend my money on an inferior product. Does that mean I couldn't still support the team? No.

I understand the "FairWeatherFan" and all that, but isn't it great that fans are coming back? If the Bruins could match the Pats' and Sox success, it opens up the game to all the little tykes out there who play hockey. That's where your new fanbase is going to come from. Get these kids excited about Lucic, Bergeron, Thomas, Chara, etc. and hopefully fuel them enough to be life-long fans.

I'm happy that the Bruins are doing well and am happy to see fans (fairweather or not) get excited about them again! It's great seeing the Garden filled up early in the season and not feel bad for the team that there's not a whole lot of supporters in the stands cheering them on. I know the next time I'm in Boston, I'm making sure to get out to a Bruins game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuschBound. Show BuschBound's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

And once again the Garden is packed with "BRUINS FANS" lets see where all the fans are when the bruins hit a rough patch.

Fenway & Foxboro...where else?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

I grew up with Orr,Espo,Sanderson, pie face McKenzie and the rest of the Big Bad Bruins. I now live in southern Sweden,where I watch the games on NASN or my computer. Usually in the middle of the night. So, I say this; old fans or new fans. die hard fans or fair weather fence sitters. GO B'S.....BRING THE CUP BACK TO BOSTON!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp1957. Show ksp1957's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

[Quote]Bruins Sheep: 'The herd that will never learn'

Being conned since 1972
    [/Quote]

AND if they ever do win something like a Cup in our lifetime, THEN what will have to say about the fans ? Bwahahahahahahaahah !!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from emitchell2. Show emitchell2's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

a concerned citizen,

that's a kinda weird comment to make. Seriously, why would you be mad that the bruins are winning and more people in New England are getting excited for hockey and embracing the bruins again?

Would you rather have the bruins suck and lose every game just so you and all your "true" bruins buddys can fill the garden up 40%... no thanks. I'd rather support the team with real fans and also get some of my friends and co-workers to watch the bruins again and get excited for the hopeful winning and fun that is ahead.

I agree with you that having "fair weather fans" can be annoying at times, but overall, I think it's a good thing to see more bruins support in Boston. Hopefully you'll realize that too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulmend. Show paulmend's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

Just so all of you know out there, it's not just Bostson but....almost EVERY CITY IN THE USA!!!

Losers don't get attendance and winners do. Tampa (where I live) is a perfect example...the Bolts could not sell out even in the semi-finals, then they won a cup and people came out in droves for about 2 more seasons. Now they are losing again and less people are going...and I won't mention the Rays...no one used to go and now they are the city's new darlings!!!

Carolina, Atlanta, Pitts...more great examples.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from causewaychaos. Show causewaychaos's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

paulmend, good point.

I live in Charlotte, NC and when the Hurricances won a few seasons back, it was like nada excitement down here. Grant you, the Hurricanes are based in Raleigh and there's this whole Charlotte vs. Raleigh thing, but I was shocked on the lack of news coverage and fan excitement when the Hurricanes won. I kept thinking if it was in Boston, fans would have been rabid for the cup!

So, yes, the Bruins haven't been on the frontburner in New England, but I think it's great that they are generating this much excitement! Nothing beats a New England fanbase along with all the transplanted Bruins fans throughout the country and Canada.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tommazz. Show Tommazz's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

[Quote]If were Sheep why you here to reading this

AND if they ever do win something like a Cup in our lifetime, THEN what will have to say about the fans ? Bwahahahahahahaahah !!![/Quote]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bouncer617. Show bouncer617's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

It's tough being a fan in the face of constant disappointment.

That having been said, any success will only make it that much sweeter for those of us who never forgot what it meant to be a Bruins fan, regardless of how much we hate Jacobs and everything he stands for.

The rest of you bandwagon fans/whiners/trolls can go eat a bag of dicks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsox3. Show patsox3's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

[Quote]I have a perfect name. FAIR WEATHER FANS... No one was around when they sucked and all of a sudden the " I LOVE THE BRUINS" signs are out in full force. And once again the Garden is packed with "BRUINS FANS" lets see where all the fans are when the bruins hit a rough patch.

GO BRUINS!!!! And to hell with all you fake FANS[/Quote] Bruins have had alot of down years. It doesnt help that they cheap as hell!!!Dont bother falling in love with any player cuz they will shipped out of town.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsox3. Show patsox3's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

[Quote]I have a perfect name. FAIR WEATHER FANS... No one was around when they sucked and all of a sudden the " I LOVE THE BRUINS" signs are out in full force. And once again the Garden is packed with "BRUINS FANS" lets see where all the fans are when the bruins hit a rough patch.

GO BRUINS!!!! And to hell with all you fake FANS[/Quote]

Also Hockey like any sport is a business. If the product is not that good people are not going to go for it. The bruins over recent years have not made an attempt to better there product,atleast in my eyes. You sir probaly played hockey your hole life. Me on the other hand have not.See where im going with this?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucic007. Show lucic007's posts

Bruins Nation? Not...

Why is there so much hate over Boston doing good? I've been a hard core fan for over 20 years and have supported them when we sucked.

Suck it up trolls. Go trolling in Montreal.