bruins nation reborn? i love it!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

bruins nation reborn? i love it!

34 yr old married guy here....been loyal season ticket holder since 1987-88 (1st year and 2 yrs after bs went to finals..spoiled thought it would be a regular occurance)...back then in late 80's early 90's the garden 14,555 would be packed on a nightly basis..bs would play adams div 8x 4 at home...with the small building and close seating felt more like 30,000 in the barn..real fans were in lower bowl ($25 loges) everyone was wearing a 77 or 8 jersey it seemed...what a great atmosphere...the chelios s...cks chants...foligno s...cks chants..great times...everyday in and around town people were talking hockey..sports on the news always talked bs first..it was a fun fun time...the world and game has changed alot since then..and with the new building and bad teams...the bs fever died...now since those days i finally feel it coming back...not close to those days yet but atleast a pulse...since that game 6 vs habs 3 yrs ago this town is realy begininng to become a hockey town again...its great to see..because when the team is good and fans are into it..boston becomes a special place to play and follow hockey...i hope it continues..i know its tough with the economy to pay those steep prices...but keep talking hockey wherever you are..watch on tv go to training camp..lets keep bs nation growing again..the team is growing and we should with them..i feel the fans and team are growing into something very special here....hopefully in the end the cup will be raised..boston deserves it! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Re: bruins nation reborn? i love it!

"hopefully in the end the cup will be raised"

i've been saying that for the last 30+ yrs too....  don't hold your breath....  i stopped a long time ago....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I like it bruins8.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

What is bruins nation?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: bruins nation reborn? i love it!:
    What is bruins nation?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

The hockey version of Red Sox Nation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: bruins nation reborn? i love it! : The hockey version of Red Sox Nation.
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

The B's really need their own identity. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

look at the passion alone on these boards..even if not all is positive atleast people are talking hockey again..because they care and want the bs to be a consistent winner...its great..weei 98.5 taking hockey calls in july when its 90 plus degrees outside...just makes us yearn for those cold winter nights and some good old hockey to watch..i see more kids with krejci tshirts...lucic tshirts...etc (jereseys to much to buy!) but those tshirts with the b on front and name number on back and its puts a smile  on my face..when i was a kid id wear my neely jersey all year round even in july!  so to see the kids playing outside now with these shirts on makes me happy...the bruins got a great core of players here now and the kids coming up in the system only add to the future brightness..seguin is going to really add to the already exciting core..just like lucic and krejci rask boychuk etc have already got fans wanting to come see them play...this is a very likeable bs team...that has been togehter for a few yrs now and have grown to a family...im so happy to see us bs fans really coming back and new generation of fans starting to say...hey you see the bruins game last night?....lucic krejci rask seguin chara bergeron on and on alot to like here fans..im glad your on board this is going to be a fun fun ride for the immediate and forseeable future!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

1 more thing to add.....while we may not have the quanity of fans as do red sox nation...our smaller group of hardcore is much more die hard than any of those red sox fans or any of those fans in the country...the fans who  truly care about the bruins and you know who you are....are 2nd to none when it comes to passion, pride and loyalty...and i rather walk with you fans anyday then with any of the other sports followers

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

B's8, lots of good thoughts because their is a Bruins Nation foundation all around the country due to satellite coverage. i went to my first Bruins game when I was 4. That was 74 years ago, and my comment to my Aunt who took me was " what's Next". I have been fortunate to follow on satellite for the past 18 years, and am furious when Versus and Directv were squabbaling about coverage. Then the stupid deal with a major network so that this past playoff we were shut out of the game 5 in Philly so that the " Network could show the Canadiens/Pittsburgh. No true B's fan would rather watch some other team. Once more Bettman forgets the fans and fails to select a network that has more than one channel. Even NESN can show both a Sox and a Bruins game on the same night. Check the blogs and many are not local residents, sao nationwide does have some meaning to it

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

1 more thing to add.....while we may not have the quanity of fans as do red sox nation...our smaller group of hardcore is much more die hard than any of those red sox fans or any of those fans in the country...the fans who  truly care about the bruins and you know who you are....are 2nd to none when it comes to passion, pride and loyalty...and i rather walk with you fans anyday then with any of the other sports followers
    Posted by bruins8

I agree that the B's have good hardcore fans, but let's be fair to the Sox fans.  Not the Pink Hats, but the Sox fans.  I'm one of them.  Hockey always comes first, but I am a Red Sox fan, and proud of it.  True Sox fans are equal to true Bruins fans.  The truth is, they probably outnumber B's fans 15:1, maybe 50:1.  No longstanding hockey team will outdraw or be more popular than a long standing baseball team in the US.

Sox fans suffered for much longer, and through a lot more heartbreak than B's fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

B's8, lots of good thoughts because their is a Bruins Nation foundation all around the country due to satellite coverage. i went to my first Bruins game when I was 4. That was 74 years ago, and my comment to my Aunt who took me was " what's Next". I have been fortunate to follow on satellite for the past 18 years, and am furious when Versus and Directv were squabbaling about coverage. Then the stupid deal with a major network so that this past playoff we were shut out of the game 5 in Philly so that the " Network could show the Canadiens/Pittsburgh. No true B's fan would rather watch some other team. Once more Bettman forgets the fans and fails to select a network that has more than one channel. Even NESN can show both a Sox and a Bruins game on the same night. Check the blogs and many are not local residents, sao nationwide does have some meaning to it
    Posted by Bogie6

And don't forget internationally.  Hardcore B's fan's all across Canada.  Hum... just  had an idea for a thread.  Where is everybody from?  I'll start it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin19. Show MontrealBruin19's posts

In Response to Re: bruins nation reborn? i love it! : And don't forget internationally.  Hardcore B's fan's all across Canada.  Hum... just  had an idea for a thread.  Where is everybody from?  I'll start it.
    Posted by scooter244

Montreal.  I bleed Black and Gold though.  Been a Bruins fan all of my life.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

we may be outnumbered but we are most passionate hardcore fans in all of sports

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealist. Show TheRealist's posts

In Response to bruins nation reborn? i love it!:
    34 yr old married guy here....been loyal season ticket holder since 1987-88 (1st year and 2 yrs after bs went to finals..spoiled thought it would be a regular occurance)...

Posted by bruins8

Uncle Jeremy says thank you from the bottom of his heart (if he has one)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

At age 78 I am also a Sox fan thanks to satellite Tv and Comcast. I now live in Palmyra, Virginia with a golf course, lake, gardens and our two Welsh Terriers. Do not miss a game, in fact, 12 years ago, I moved into a new home in Geneva ,Illinois, and had Directv beaming in a Bruins game that same evening.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: bruins nation reborn? i love it! : I agree that the B's have good hardcore fans, but let's be fair to the Sox fans.  Not the Pink Hats, but the Sox fans.  I'm one of them.  Hockey always comes first, but I am a Red Sox fan, and proud of it.  True Sox fans are equal to true Bruins fans.  The truth is, they probably outnumber B's fans 15:1, maybe 50:1.  No longstanding hockey team will outdraw or be more popular than a long standing baseball team in the US. Sox fans suffered for much longer, and through a lot more heartbreak than B's fans.  
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I have been told by trolls many times that you can't be a sox/pats/celtics fan if you are a bruins fan. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: bruins nation reborn? i love it! : I have been told by trolls many times that you can't be a sox/pats/celtics fan if you are a bruins fan. 
    Posted by stillallbost08

Sox to B's to Sox to B's used to be a lot easier when they both stunk.  The seasons never overlapped!

It's easy to be a fan of many teams, as long as they don't get mixed up.  People come here and try to use Celtics, Pats or Sox references to justify an opinion.  It makes sense.  What the Pats do with Brady has nothing to do with what the B's do with Thomas.  How the Sox handle their minor league system has nothing to do with Providence.  How the Celtics make three way deals, has nothing to do with how Chiarelli does his job.  Many people who stop by to sprinkle us with their knowledge don't get that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

In Response to Re: bruins nation reborn? i love it! : I have been told by trolls many times that you can't be a sox/pats/celtics fan if you are a bruins fan. 
    Posted by stillallbost08

All my friends growing up in Massachusetts were fans of Sox, Pats, B's, and C's (although Bruins were our favorites). We were however the minority in our school who were hockey nuts (about 12 of us).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to bruins nation reborn? i love it!:
    34 yr old married guy here....been loyal season ticket holder since 1987-88 (1st year and 2 yrs after bs went to finals..spoiled thought it would be a regular occurance)...back then in late 80's early 90's the garden 14,555 would be packed on a nightly basis..bs would play adams div 8x 4 at home...with the small building and close seating felt more like 30,000 in the barn..real fans were in lower bowl ($25 loges) everyone was wearing a 77 or 8 jersey it seemed...what a great atmosphere...the chelios s...cks chants...foligno s...cks chants..great times...everyday in and around town people were talking hockey..sports on the news always talked bs first..it was a fun fun time...the world and game has changed alot since then..and with the new building and bad teams...the bs fever died...now since those days i finally feel it coming back...not close to those days yet but atleast a pulse...since that game 6 vs habs 3 yrs ago this town is realy begininng to become a hockey town again...its great to see..because when the team is good and fans are into it..boston becomes a special place to play and follow hockey...i hope it continues..i know its tough with the economy to pay those steep prices...but keep talking hockey wherever you are..watch on tv go to training camp..lets keep bs nation growing again..the team is growing and we should with them..i feel the fans and team are growing into something very special here....hopefully in the end the cup will be raised..boston deserves it! 
    Posted by bruins8

Good post. I still have visions of Marco Sturm scoring that winning goal with 2 minutes left in game 6 in 2008. one of the most exciting & dramatic games in recent Bruins playoff history. To bad they were gassed for game 7, but we got our revenge the next year with that 1st round sweep of the habs !! Hopefully good fortunes are ahead !!

Sections
Shortcuts