Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way

The bruins are a slow team. We have some tall guys that can check but how about all these teams like buffalo and tampa that put on the afterburners when they need a quick goal in the third? Its hard and scary to watch

Kessel at least gave us some fast skating that scared the opponents. We need Hall who is a rocket. Man i will be truly happy if we get him and pair him with Savard

Who else is fast and dangerous in the draft?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Re: Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way

I don't know about that fast, but for dangerous I'd say Jeff Skinner and Emerson Etem. They're both fast, great goal scorers and exciting players.
    I would love to have Hall, he's got an electrifying skill set and could be an even better scorer than Kessel.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

Alexander Burmistrov can burn.  Taylor Hall barely beat him the fastest skater contest at the 2010 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way:
    Alexander Burmistrov can burn.  Taylor Hall barely beat him the fastest skater contest at the 2010 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game....
    Posted by Jake1977

and the could end up with both!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

STUPID  WHY ???
    2 FINISH 7TH NEXT YR???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

This years top 5 look a bit better than the last few years top 5. Defenseman that have been drafted in the top 10 have been disappointing the past few years and i think pc should try to get a fast skating forward who can score but not ala kessel who had bad character.

We drafted guys like colborne and caron who have the prototypical big bad bruin stature. We really need to get a more skillfull electrifying player under our system

I know its best to draft on talent vs needs but i'd like the bruins to fast forward to modern offensive hockey . The last three considered electrifying players i remember the bruins drafting were Bobby Orr, Sergei Samsonov and Phil Kessel. wow and thats it

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

and the could end up with both!!!!
    Posted by Jake1977

That would almost be like two #1's in one year.  Chiarelli would never do 2 snipers in one round.  That's just not his style, unfortunately.

Anyway, i love Etem.  He's been described as a hybrid Power Forward.  He's got great speed, power, size and a quick release.  But his skating technique is reported to be a little unorthodox, he has a unique skating stride.  Some scouts think, though, with a little tweaking he could become even faster than he already is..
    This is what Future Considerations is saying about Etem - 

“He’s an exceptional skater, got real good speed and he’s strong. When he goes down the wall teams have trouble containing him because of his speed.”

Etem said that speed has come naturally to him since he started playing roller hockey at age 3 and ice hockey at 6. It also comes from his willingness to put in the work needed to improve himself. For the last three years, Etem has been working out in the offseason with T.R. Goodman, the famed California-based trainer who Chris Chelios has credited for his hockey longevity. Etem works out in a group that includes Chelios, as well as a number of current NHL players.

“I was in their group every morning,” Etem said. “A really early group, it would last about two hours. I’d be working out with (Chelios), Mike Commodore, Mike Comrie. It was good for me to see how they work out and how focused they were.”

It wasn’t an easy ride for Etem to get to Goodman, as it would sometimes take 2 1/2 hours by train each way, but he never missed a session. Desjardins has seen that work ethic first hand in Medicine Hat.

“He’ll come in lots of times and ask to watch video,” he said. “There aren’t many players I’ve coached that have come in and asked for video and watched it on their own. He’ll say, ‘Coach, do you have a tape of our last game?’ and he’ll come in and watch it.”

This guy's gonna be a good one.

Skinner is like Mark Recchi.  He's ultra competitve, hates to lose, super-high motor, relentless puck-battler and has an extremely accurate shot.  He's a typical sniper.  I like him alot.

Burmistrov's slight build bothers me a little.  170 at 5'10"  Yes, he's a rocket, but he's light as a feather.  Too small for my tastes.  Though he would look good blazing along side Savard or Krech.

Niederreitter's another Power forward.  He's a stud.  Not sure about speed though.  He's big, strong, gritty and has tons of skill.  Very versitile.  Probably a great 2nd or 3rd line winger.  Wheeler/Krejci/Niederreitter would be Overpowered.  They'd be calling the league office on that line.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

Hey Rocket, It was many years ago and I have a bad memory anyways, but didnt the Bruins sponser or buy Bobby Orr's youth or junior team when he was like 14 years old so he would be Bruins property.....I don't think he was drafted. I was a fan back in the day (early 60s)....B's stunk, but battle cry was hang in there, we got this kid coming in a few years and he is special.....boy were they right! Can anyone remember the details?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Seguin is supposed to be extremely fast. Can anyone verify?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurkS16. Show TurkS16's posts

To quote Lt. Pete "Maverick" Mitchell....."I feel the need......the need for speed!"

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

sorry but hall wont have an impact for atleast 3-4 yrs mark it down

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

"sorry but hall wont have an impact for atleast 3-4 yrs mark it down"

.....says the guy that hasn't even seen Hall play. Great point, very informative. Any other tips?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Hall isn't 3-4 years away. He's not going to put up Crosby's or Ovechkin's numbers right away but he'll hold his own. I liken him to Stamkos in terms of comparison (or at least I hope he turns out like him). Dynamic skater, excellent shot, brilliant hockey sense. I don't think we could go wrong with Hall or Seguin but Hall would be the type of player that keeps us around the dominance we had in the regular season/ first round last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

julien will turn who ever we pick into dump and chase grinders.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i watched sequin hall folwer and they r not even half as good as kessel is now...they maybe in 5 yrs will b...my point is savy is here now..not in 5 yrs...rather have kessel or someone that can play..these guys good prospects but ride next to savard is a joke.. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

If the player we take with Toronto's pick doesn't look like franchise material by their 3rd season I think Julien would be canned then, once some of his contract is done if we're not producing I think they'd bite the bullet then and fire him. This pick may end up being the difference in us winning a Cup in the next few years if they live up to their potential.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Bruins8.....couldn't disagree more.  Hall would have been taken over Tavares last year.  All three are ready to play and if Hall was put next to Savard and a healthy Lucic we would have a new goal machine in Boston.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocketdan9. Show rocketdan9's posts

Seguin is a center and could have to wait in line behind savard, krecji and bergeron, with bergeron most likely to leave in a couple of years. Then you also have Hamill who just needs to eat more burgers and add 20 more pounds. But who knows if he is as good as people say he is or could be ala yzerman then i'd then any center in our lineup so he can get a chance to play.

Ever since drafting drafting Bourque or Thornton(in some ways) the bruins have never had a chance of grabbing a franchise player from the draft. Maybe this is going to be the year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i respect your opinions but there is no way hall-sequin will be playing on any playoff team 1st line..it would be best for the bs to trade him for a proven goal scorer...the bs have lost 18 games by 1 goal..savy is in his prime he needs a finisher now... just like the celts if they won lottery and got 1st pick no garnett no title..we would have oden yes but still no title..bs r not rebuilding..they were 1 goal from east finals...the core is here now and next yr...nows the time..now not 5 yrs from now hoping these kids grown into stars..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruins ownership and management will just put all the pressure in the world on this kid to make up for their failures and alienate him enough to want to leave town in 3 years after his rookie deal is up... It never fails
    Posted by HamiltonSteelhawks

Huh ? JJ#1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from zink10. Show zink10's posts

Hey Rocket, It was many years ago and I have a bad memory anyways, but didnt the Bruins sponser or buy Bobby Orr's youth or junior team when he was like 14 years old so he would be Bruins property.....I don't think he was drafted. I was a fan back in the day (early 60s)....B's stunk, but battle cry was hang in there, we got this kid coming in a few years and he is special.....boy were they right! Can anyone remember the details?
    Posted by TurkS16

Bobby Orr was never drafted

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

i respect your opinions but there is no way hall-sequin will be playing on any playoff team 1st line..it would be best for the bs to trade him for a proven goal scorer...the bs have lost 18 games by 1 goal..savy is in his prime he needs a finisher now... just like the celts if they won lottery and got 1st pick no garnett no title..we would have oden yes but still no title..bs r not rebuilding..they were 1 goal from east finals...the core is here now and next yr...nows the time..now not 5 yrs from now hoping these kids grown into stars..
    Posted by bruins8

There are 29 other teams in the NHL who would love to have the current #2 overall pick in the draft. None of them would trade that pick with who is coming out this year. The B's are in a great position to get a potential future franchise player. Trade it for a need ? We need a lot of things but how many times do you get a chance  to draft a Taylor Hall ? PC will do the smart thing and keep the pick.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Posted by TurkS16

Bruins got his rights by putting siding on the Orr's house and buying Bobby a suit.I am not joking.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

dezaruchi, just read that in a Bobby Orr book by Stephen Brunt (i think). Great read. My dad was born in Parry Sound and I've seen that house.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezeruchi. Show dezeruchi's posts

No one cares about your dad or that you've seen a house! go away dustysheep