Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

Re: Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way

we r were w r because of injuies and not replacing kessel..with kessel w r right there w nj or anyone for that matter...car was 6th seed last yr and made conf finals   ana was 8th and beat sj  edm 2006 8 seed went to game 7 finals....hockey more than any sport seedings mean nothing as the bs found out last spring...bruins with a 40 goal guy can win cup

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

They willl need to clear cap space to sign Hall, Fowler or Sequin. Currently, whether you like it or believe it, Jacobs spends as much as he can on players. He needs to dump 4M if he wants to sign Hall, maybe a little less for the others.

Wouldn't it be nice to dump TT and Wide and their 9M salaries?  Thats almost 20% of the cap right there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The expectations of the B's in preseason and the reality of where the B's are at right now are a little different wouldn't you agree bruins8. Coming off last year we had every right to think the B's would be doing better than they are . But they aren't. Also that pick was thought to be a mid first round pick back then. Now it has the POTENTIAL to be #1 overall. And that has made PC change his thinking about the pick . He states now " the pick is too valuable". No matter how optimistic a person can be ( that's something I'll give you ) , even if we acquire a sniper we could still not make the playoffs. How big of a mistake would that be then not having that pick ? PC would be ridiculed even more then right now . He WILL do the smart and right thing and keep the pick and in your own words ' you can mark that down'.JJ#1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way:
    keep building for the future..thats the answer tell that to nj
    Posted by bruins8

New jersey didn't give up any potential franchise players either. What they traded and a top 3 pick are two differant things. As far as kessel goes with the leafs being where they are now,90% of there fans want the picks back. Every executive and analyst I have seen said the bruins would be crazy to trade that pick and I assume they know alot more than us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins need Taylor Hall in a bad way : New jersey didn't give up any potential franchise players either. What they traded and a top 3 pick are two differant things. As far as kessel goes with the leafs being where they are now,90% of there fans want the picks back. Every executive and analyst I have seen said the bruins would be crazy to trade that pick and I assume they know alot more than us.
    Posted by Stanleycomehome

Well said Stan!  I do miss Kessel's game and production, but in the long run the B's will make out great in this deal.  I think the B's will make out even if they only received this year's #1 and nothing more.  Luckily, the B's are getting much more than that #1!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

That 2nd round pick could land a Stuart or a Boychuk.  That would be absolute thievery.

Hall or Seguin and a Stuart for - a lazy, small, floater prima-donna who wouldn't even make this years top-10 rankings - I'd say that borders on genius.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

alot of good hall is gonna do us in round 1 this year...and no i dont think our expectations are any different..we can win the cup we have been hurt..i just seen us win 4 in a row...and i dont see any reason we cant continue 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

alot of good hall is gonna do us in round 1 this year...and no i dont think our expectations are any different..we can win the cup we have been hurt..i just seen us win 4 in a row...and i dont see any reason we cant continue 
    Posted by bruins8

Patience B8!  If we have to wait a year for a stud, i'll gladly sit around and watch the Leafs lose some games for a couple of more months!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Posted by bruins8

Optimistic ? Yes......... Realistic ? No ........I hope your right on the winning the cup . 4 in a row. Buffalo, Montreal, Tampa Bay and Florida . If we get to play these teams we got a chance . Oh by the way ,one of them will have to move to the Western Conference before the playoffs. JJ#1  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

Bruins8 all you have to do is ask yourself this question. How often is a pick this high traded by any team? that alone should tell you something. You say "what good does hall do us in round this year?" well what good does a rental do us for the next ten years?  Imagine this argument in years past whats stamkos gonna do for us in rd 1? malkin?staahl?doughty? and it looks like its heading the same way for tavares and duchene.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

bruins 8, I love your optimism, and I agree this team can play at a much higher level than their points total suggests.  Some confidence and another scorer going into the playoffs, and this team could do a lot of damage.  We've seen over and over that the regular season doesn't mean much.
    Having said that, there's a huge, huge gamble in letting this pick go before March 1st, and in order to improve we must add with subtracting anything.  If we play mediocre for 5 weeks and miss the show, losing the pick is a disaster.
    No one is more concerned with "now' than me, however, I think status quo will get us in, maybe win a round or 2, and put us in much better position to really go after it next year.  I think there are 3 or 4 pieces to the puzzle that need to be addressed (our pick will play a huge part in what needs to be done), and the off season might be the best time to make those deals.
    No question though, a scorer tomorrow will make us much better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

i would trade the pick only for a consistent 35-40 goal guy under contract atleast for this and next year...beacuse our core is here now and next yr...if we cant find that guy then keep the pick..if we could have gotten kovalchuk for the next 5 yrs thats a trade u make...now we must move forward and hope chia brings us someone to pay with savy but i think we can only get a 40 goal guy if we trade the tor pick...we can win now..im telling u, we have the team to do it, plus who is to say tor finishes last and ping pong balls bounce our way and hall overnight becomes a 40 goal guy...go for it now not hope all goes r way this summer...there is alot of things that need 2 go right for us to grab him....look at pit they lucked out and won lottery to get crosby..ovechkin...shouldve went to chi..they got barker instead hows that working for them...chia needs to have the balls to do it just like ainge did with garnett and ray allen....if we kept the pick celts never would have won title people in 2008 never....f the rebuilding    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Bruins8 you seem to be the only one on this thread who thinks that by trading away the pick it gives the B's the cup. Can we get you that 40 goal scorer another way, without giving up that Toronto pick which the rest of us covet. You're kind of going a little overboard on this topic when we all know that pick isn't going anywhere. Make another trade suggestion but the SMART decision is to keep the pick.JJ#1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

if we can get a 40 goal guy wout giving tor pick...then im in..but not happening...we will have to settle for a thkchuk/whitney...now if w start talking to teams about #1 pick we can maybe get them to trade a big time scorer  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Ain't happening. Get over it. You're going to have to SETTLE for Hall , Seguin or Fowler for next year. JJ#1

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

great lets hope hall sequin lead the way

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

bruins8 that's it for me on this topic . Your posts are hurting my head. See you at the DRAFT . JJ#1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

Bruins8 is actually making our point for us. When you say trade for a 40 goal scorer with this pick ask yourself this why would the current team of this scorer make that deal and the answer is because they would be better off in the long run and don't counter with our time is now because how many of these 40 goal snipers are playing on teams below us in the standings,if keeping the pick is the wrong thing for us to do then you would have to assume that aquiring the pick for your 40 goal guy is the wrong thing for these other teams to do.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

my point is trade for a 40 goal guy under contract for this and next yr while our core is here...why? because i feel with that 1 more guy we can win the cup..some of you dont feel this way i do..and also because i in my opinion think that hall or sequin wont be 30-40 goal guys for atleast 3 yrs..see joe t, phil k etc takes time..and last and most important we have to win a ping pong lottery to get him..there is no guarentee..we are not talking about crosby or ovechkin type player here, and the bs are not rebuilding, we r a team that was 1 pt away from east finals last yr before injuries took their toll, this yr injruies have deraleid their progress, sure some guys are under performing but i think that has alot to do w injuries..everyone having to play with dif linemates chemistry is very important in hockey..finally w r healthy and showing signs of lst yr team...1 more guy to play with savy is what we need..not a 18 yr old who we might not get   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

my point is trade for a 40 goal guy under contract for this and next yr while our core is here...why? because i feel with that 1 more guy we can win the cup..some of you dont feel this way i do..and also because i in my opinion think that hall or sequin wont be 30-40 goal guys for atleast 3 yrs..see joe t, phil k etc takes time..and last and most important we have to win a ping pong lottery to get him..there is no guarentee..we are not talking about crosby or ovechkin type player here, and the bs are not rebuilding, we r a team that was 1 pt away from east finals last yr before injuries took their toll, this yr injruies have deraleid their progress, sure some guys are under performing but i think that has alot to do w injuries..everyone having to play with dif linemates chemistry is very important in hockey..finally w r healthy and showing signs of lst yr team...1 more guy to play with savy is what we need..not a 18 yr old who we might not get   
    Posted by bruins8

I think everybody has understood what you are trying to say . (You've said the same thing over again numerous times on this thread. Like the movie Groundhog day. ) . We would be a better team with a sniper but enough to win the cup ? Most posters think not. Go through this thread and find one person who agrees with you to trade the pick. Is this the mentality of "you're all wrong I'm right" or someone too stubborn to admit that " possibly it might not be such a great idea to trade that pick" ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

with another winger that can play wit savard bruins can win the cup

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

care to wager on that

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

im sure you wouldve said car wouldnt make it past nj in 1st rd last yr, or ana 8 seed over 1 seed sj?   seedings in hockey mean nothing 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

nj was better than car    sj was better than car    wsh was better than pi  bs were better than car   what happended?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

jeff lazaro could skate fast