Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs

I am totally serious. If this group doesn't get it together they will miss the playoffs. Now if they can get in anything can happen with a hot goalie and some good bounces. Before the season i thought making the playoffs was guaranteed but not now. Not the way they are playing!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs

Oh my God!

October 19 and the team is not undefeated!!!

Must be time to give up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from KlausVonScribe. Show KlausVonScribe's posts

They are in 12 place in the east, no where to go but up!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah there 3 points out of 5th place and 4 points behind Buffalo pack it in the season is over. Well at least I can just concentrate on the Celts now whew!

Thanks for making me see the light appreciate it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

THE SEASON STARTS TOMORROW ,  BRUINS - HABS !

and g-supportor stop being ....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs:
    In Response to Re: Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs : Again go F yourself you fruit. I nor anyone else gives a flying F about how many pom poms or foam fingers you have in your closet.
    Posted by Gardensupportor

What else am I to say when you come on these boards saying nothing good and bashing others that haven't done anything to you but talk about a team they are fans of. I 've said a million times,  you don't have to be a Bruins fan , just talk with respect and you will get respect .
    You're hopeless, ignore it is .  SanDog was right about you ....
    I thought you were smarter than that.
    I apologize to all the other real hockey fans that have to read this back and forth including myself.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Believe1. Show Believe1's posts

Neely is on board - we can't give up the ship.  I'm with Seabass all the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from michwolverine. Show michwolverine's posts

In Response to Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs:
    I am totally serious. If this group doesn't get it together they will miss the playoffs. Now if they can get in anything can happen with a hot goalie and some good bounces. Before the season i thought making the playoffs was guaranteed but not now. Not the way they are playing!
    Posted by Canadianfan6

I would like to argue it but they are now in 7th place and dropping rapidly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

PLAYoffs?!!?!?  Playoffs?!!!?  Who said anything about playoffs?  I'm just hoping they win a game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

One game at a time, if we beat Ottawa we jump ahead them by one pt.
    Then Atl will come to the bear cave and we can get victory we are in good shape.
    But if we lose these 2 gms. then PC better do some Xmas shopping and not be a scrooge like the owners.  Whitney is old but can still score, Sharp can fit into a Bruins uniform  and Horton has long contract for 4mill. a yr. Forget about the dream of having Kovalchuk I can't see it happening the price is high and will guarantee a Stanley Cup NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I prefer to get someone who can be that playoff player if healthy ie Kariya or Whitney. I don't have faith in Russian players for playoffs I prefer North American but this is just my opinion. Boston will need to be determine to get Hall for the first pick this draft time. If Boston can slide into 6th to 8th spot for standings that will be easier to use TO. and the Bruins 1st to get a trade for the first pick come draft time.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs:
    Posted by Canadianfan6

The only way the Bruins don't make the playoffs is if Milan Lucic misses the rest the year.

No team that Milan Lucic is a part of will ever miss the playoffs, throughout his career.

Stop panicking. The year will start in the playoffs for the Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

Zillagod---wrong again

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Bs Legion is absolutely correct... civility is a must.  I you don't like what you read then move on.  Write as if the person was sitting next to you at the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Marco
    Look at the reality.  In the salary cap NHL The Stanley cup gets passed around, you stink, you get draft picks, if you're halfway smart, you keep the picks and your turn for the cup comes around.

Look at the cup winners from a few years ago, the Canes, Ducks and Tampa - and where are they now?

Look at what's happening to Detroit now, on the way right down.

The Bruins will win a cup.  Phoenix (or Hamilton) will win a cup.  LA will win a cup.  That's the way the league is structured.

Don't talk about the cup like the pre-cap NHL days.  Those days are gone.  The Bruins, Coyotes and Kings will win cups and just like the Canes, Ducks and Tampa, they won't win another one for 20-30 years.

Open up the champagne if they make the playoffs?  Why not?

Good hockey is all you're going to get nowadays and if you haven't got idiots for GM's that trade the first round draft picks - because that's your only savior from the cap.  Then you get a cup.

We have a GM who's not an idiot.  He got first round picks and is keeping them so far.

So am I saying you should be happy with this team?
    NO - because the product they have now is simply not that good.
    So am I saying you should be happy JUST because they make the playoffs?
    NO - unless they can get deeper than a couple of rounds.

Yes, the ultimate prize is the Stanley Cup, but what I'm saying it ain't like the old days, everybody is going to get the Stanley Cup and nobody is going to keep it for more than 2 years at the very most.

Yes, the ultimate prize is the Stanley Cup, but nobody wins it in the cap NHL without getting good draft picks and usually you will have to lose to get those picks.  The days of a GM wheeling and dealing their way into a cup are gone.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Am I totally happy with this team ? No way and haven't been for a long time! How long were Tampa, Carolina and Pittsburgh before they won cups ? Do we want the Bruins to finish last 3 to 4 years in a row to have an easy time like Ray Shero ? I don't.

It's about getting in 100% then seeing where it goes!
    This team will see some new faces before the Olympic break. Probably won't be substansial world shaker but in todays hockey notes “I’ve been making calls,’’ he said, “and I’ve been receiving calls, too. For whatever reason, the talk’s picked up.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/articles/2010/01/10/massachusetts_pipeline_seems_to_be_drying_up/?page=3

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Sorry Marco, but I think winning the cup nowadays is a crapshoot, and any team that makes it into the playoffs has a 1 in 16 chance of winning the cup. It has become whomever is fortunate enough to be healthy and gets great goaltending at the right time that gets the cup.
       This time last year, Pittsburgh wasn't even in the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

You gotta make good draft picks and develop them these days.  If you look at teams like Pittsburgh or Chicago, they average a much higher draft pick per man, than the B's do.  And it shows.

And, I don't care what Kluzak says.  Rolling 4 lines with 7th and 8th rounders, isn't how its done.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

and any team that makes it into the playoffs has a 1 in 16 chance of winning the cup.

Nice sentiment, but the history of Cup winners (and Finalists) over the past 20 years shows this to be a fallacy most years with the occasional aberration.  It's rare for any seeds LOWER than 4th to get to the Finals.  Yes, Edmonton got there (and lost) as an 8th seed a few years back.  However, to take this a step further, the last time a 5th seeded or lower team actually won the Cup was the 95 Devils and they were 5th.  As much as everyone loves the Cinderella Story or The Underdog, the seedings after an 82-game season are not there just to be pretty numbers next to team names--they are an excellent indicator of how the playoffs will go.  AND....don't take my word for this, look it up yourself and see the history.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from norwoodmustang. Show norwoodmustang's posts

"and any team that makes it into the playoffs has a 1 in 16 chance of winning the cup."

No wonder Jacobs is a millionairre with a fanbase like this!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBruin. Show SanDogBruin's posts

I think everone owes an apology to the poster who started this discussion

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins New Goal- Just Make The Playoffs:
       Sorry Marco, but I think winning the cup nowadays is a crapshoot, and any team that makes it into the playoffs has a 1 in 16 chance of winning the cup.
    Posted by biggskye

No they don't.

Last year, Montreal did not have the same shot to win the Cup as Detroit. Columbus did not have the same shot to win as Washington. And Anaheim did not have the same shot to win as Boston.

There are 16 teams in the playoffs. But to think that they go in on equal ground despite it being "a new season where everyone is 0-0" is crazy. There has only been one time in the Conference era (which began in 1994--before that teams played only clubs in their division in the first 2 rounds) that a team won the Cup entering the playoffs as a 5th seed or lower. That was in 1995 (the Devils) and they were a 5-seed. No 6,7,8 seed has ever won the Cup. Some have come close--nobody has done it.

This whole "equal shot in the postseason" thing is a myth.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Point is out of playoffs no cup, in playoffs at least there is a chance.

With injuries non jelling etc, we are lucky to  make the playoffs. Considering our scoring woes we have only our tenders and d to thank that we are even close.

Parity of teams due to cap era, has  and is giving all teams a better chance to compete once in. Cinderella stories don't happen very often, but they do happen, so excuse us pom pom waving tools that cheer for our team until the dieing end, and don't jump ship at the first sign of adversity.

I am not at all happy with the consistency of this team throughout this season, nor the EVALUATING of PC and jj and especially not the coaching of cj.

This being said we have Sav out yes, we lost our sniper,yes, these are downs from last year. What we do have is a vezina, norris and adams winners on this team, our players are (other than Sav) all by the look, on the mend and returning to the players we need especially Berg Krej and Luc. With the play and heart shown since the debacle against Pit, we have dominated every game and except for an off game for TR against TBay we would be 4-0 since. We are 3-1 with 14 goals for and 6 against with 2 shutouts. We finally scored a pp goal (3), things are looking up.

With play like late, if the real B's are back then I feel sorry for anyone that thinks the 8th place B's will be a push over in the playoffs. There will be bad games this is the NHL but as long as there is never back to back bad games we can be a contender.

No team going into the playoffs has the tandem we have, so if their #1 can't hack it, teams will have an early exit.

So yes B's make the playoffs, that will be our start and I'll get the trolls pom poms ready.

Sections
Shortcuts