bruins of late 50's and 60's

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from toppazini. Show toppazini's posts

i attended my first bruin's game of many in 1957 at the age of 1 and 1/2 years old. my family had season tickets and my brothers carried me up to the balcony to our seats. section 100, row h, seats 1-5. fortunately for me my parents arrived before they could throw me off. that began a lifelong love affair with hockey and the b's in particular, not to mention a fear of heights. i moved to georgia almost 19 years ago and miss discussing the old bruins with anyone who knows anything about them. some of my earliest recollections are of fernie flaman. fleming makell, the chief and the like. when i was four i remember getting a b's uniform shirt with # 7 on the back. at the time that was vic stasiuk's number. they were awful for 8 years and i was 11 before i ever saw a playoff game. those were the bruins i recall the best. shy on talent, heavy on work ethic. they were awful but they were entertaining. the celtics were winning all the championships but the bruins were selling out and the c's weren't. boston was a hockey town back then and we sure paid our dues in full before bobby orr led us into our promised land. i'm seeking anyone out there who remembers this time to converse about that era. it seemed to be a magical time for a kid my age who was to see all kinds of things and all kinds of changes in every facet of life and sports. i'm hoping this will trigger memories and discussion of a time when sports were not just a business. i look forward to hearing from anyone who recalls the days of yore before the days of orr. as they used to say in montreal-thanks for the forum. toppa

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mister77. Show mister77's posts

Actually I like to look back to the Bruins back to the late 50's and the early 60's - it was kind of cool to see the goalies with no masks and you would know who was who-it's different today with forwards and defencemen wearing sheilds. I started hoping for Boston about 1964 - I wanted to go for the underdog-they did have a good work ethic!