bruins on VERSUS channel please help!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

bruins on VERSUS channel please help!

directtv doesnt carry VERSUS because a dispute with the cable company. itl be the 1st game of the season against the caps and i wont get it. does anyone know if nhl network or somebody will carry it?? it would be totally lame to miss the first game of the season. help please!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Re: bruins on VERSUS channel please help!

CenterIce package should carry it if it's not being broadcast in your market I would think.  If you have centerice, call you cable provider and make a stink about it.  I did that last year with Comcast.  NHL Net (for whatever reason) wasn't included with centerice, and one day there were 15 games, and the B's got pushed to NHL net.  I called and made an jerk of myself until I got my coverage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

yea i have center ice but with national games isnt that the only group covering the game? im from vermont and live in tennessee. and when versus had games last year it seemed they were the only one carrying it. but il check thanks for the help!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

thats one of the perks i miss about living up north you had nesn without centerice man i miss the north

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Unfortunetly if VERSUS has the game it will not be on Center Ice at least that was the case on TimeWarner in my area. Might be different in your area.

Interesting how the Direct TV forces the No Fun League to disallow allot of free pro football games on national TV every Sunday but claim Comcast is demanding too much for VERSUS rights. Direct TV crys wolf but are forcing people to buy the NFL package. Couple of CEOs converging and conspiring to Gouge the consumer!

The carriage dispute between DirecTV and sports network Versus has resulted in the service going dark on the No. 1 satellite provider.

DirecTV, in a statement early this morning, said that Comcast, which owns Versus, "has forced us to take down the channel because we will not agree to their ridiculous demands that simply do not reflect current market valuations for their programming." 

Dity Pool is what it is!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

yea its pretty lame. ive been psyched for the new season and just distressed if i dont get to see it. and man is the nfl package more and more expensive all the time i think its 5 payments of 60 bux wish icould afford that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

As I understand, if Versus is doing a game NESN does not.  That's why we have Brick doing the commentary on Versus.  I hope this isn't true but afraid it is.
    Someone said that Versus covers seven Bruins game this year, including the opener next Thur, so those could be games we who have Direct TV with Center Ice will miss (except for computer feed, which is terrible)

It's a rip off-- Center Ice promises all the games but then you don't get them all.

At least we don't have blackouts like we used to.  I used to get blacked out on Comcast when Boston was playing Carolina in Boston, even though Carolina is some 200 miles away and the game was being played 750 miles away. Guess they were afraid I might not attend if it was on TV.

The only other hope is NHL channel.  Maybe they will cover some of the seven games.

Anybody know if they are?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

The game tonight vs Columbus is on ESPN.  Can't complain about the pre-season.  That's five of eight on either NHL or ESPN.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

In Response to Re: bruins on VERSUS channel please help!:
    The game tonight vs Columbus is on ESPN.  Can't complain about the pre-season.  That's five of eight on either NHL or ESPN.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

ESPN??? Since when do they cover hockey again??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

think they mean NESN...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

it would be nice if espn and the nhl renewed a contract. hopefully the nhl channel will carry it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sviola877. Show sviola877's posts

it would be nice if espn and the nhl renewed a contract. hopefully the nhl channel will carry it.
    Posted by looooch17

http://www.atdhe.net/ 

Should work if you want to watch it on line, go to the link the day of the game and click on the link Bruins vs caps.  It is my last resort, when I can't get a game on TV

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

I don't know what part of the country you're in, but you could also go the sports-bar route.  Just call around and see if they get VS on satellite and if they'll put it on one of the small screens for you.  Most are baseball/football centric, so you won't get the main screen.  But I've had pretty good luck that way in the past too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from looooch17. Show looooch17's posts

thanks for the tips thanks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

thanks for the tips thanks
    Posted by looooch17

this is the question

Directv is not versus.  versus is broadcasting the game. 

Question:  Will the Oct 01 game get shown on NHL Centre Ice

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FF-Nate. Show FF-Nate's posts

http://atdhe.net/ that site has just about every game, thats how i watched all the pre season bruins games. talk about a life saver

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

http://atdhe.net/ that site has just about every game, thats how i watched all the pre season bruins games. talk about a life saver
    Posted by FF-Nate

If you all keep posting the site everywhere there will be no more games streamed on this site !
    I used to catch games on this site below when not on TV. Everyone was posting to go on this site. Guess what happened ???
    Go see link and read cease and desist letter from NHL.

http://www.motherpucker.ca/nhl-news/nhl-cease-and-desist-order/

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

Call Direct TV and complain. I threatened to switch service because I'm in MI and want to see the Bruins (since I'm from Waltham). Be dilligent, I wouldn't take the first offer and ended up getting NHL CI for free and a $15.00 credit on my account for 6 months.

O.K. it doesn't solve the Versus issue but saves me a shitload of money on the programming. BTW, DTV owns Starz. Guess what's gonna happen when Comcast wants to continue to carry that channel? Also, Comcast iS planning on increasing their programming costs by 10% per subscriber. Just an FYI.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SCORE6. Show SCORE6's posts

This really s@cks....I`m worried about the playoffs....I`m in Florida and I have directv for the Pats games on Sunday Ticket.....I never miss a game and I was jonesing for the B`s last night.....WHAT HAPPENS IN THE PLAYOFFS !?

Sections
Shortcuts