BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE

funny picture comparison, but jacobs has nothing to do with the on ice product anymore

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

MAPLE LEAFS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE

Fixed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeerLeagueChubbins. Show BeerLeagueChubbins's posts

In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE:
    [QUOTE]MAPLE LEAFS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE Fixed.
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I agree with you... What does that have to do with the Bruins?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANLUCICBRUINS1952. Show MILANLUCICBRUINS1952's posts

[QUOTE]funny picture comparison, but jacobs has nothing to do with the on ice product anymore
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if your mentally challanged or just looking for attention?

Jacobs HIRES the GM... Chiarelli was a rookie GM working for a low salary (reportedly the lowest paid GM in the NHL).... Chiarelli is the one making all the moves (many of them highly questionable)... HELLO.... Jacobs has everything to do with the on ice "product" as only you and Jacobs refer to the bruins. "A procduct" its sad to say but you actually do sound like your hero Jacobs.

Only you would defend this sorry ownership and track record

Get a clue kid.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : I agree with you... What does that have to do with the Bruins?
    Posted by Beer_League_Chubbins.[/QUOTE]

OK, I'll ask you - what do the failures of the past have to do with the Bruins of today?

Proclaiming this year's edition of the Bruins a "failure" because they haven't made the finals in years is akin to lauding the gloriousness of the Canadiens because they've won a million Stanley Cups or whatever it is. Especially a team whose oldest tenured member has been here, what, five years?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFromNH. Show FredFromNH's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : OK, I'll ask you - what do the failures of the past have to do with the Bruins of today? Proclaiming this year's edition of the Bruins a "failure" because they haven't made the finals in years is akin to lauding the gloriousness of the Canadiens because they've won a million Stanley Cups or whatever it is. Especially a team whose oldest tenured member has been here, what, five years?
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I dont think Obama meant this years team I think he meant the organization in general? It is hard to argue given the above facts, this years edition so far has been mediocre and underwhelming to be perfectly blunt

I was going to call The Bruins the Oakland Raiders of the NHL but then I remembered the Raiders went to the Superbowl in 2002... So maybe the Detroit Lions is a better example?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : I can't tell if your mentally challanged or just looking for attention? Jacobs HIRES the GM... Chiarelli was a rookie GM working for a low salary (reportedly the lowest paid GM in the NHL).... Chiarelli is the one making all the moves (many of them highly questionable)... HELLO.... Jacobs has everything to do with the on ice "product" as only you and Jacobs refer to the bruins. "A procduct" its sad to say but you actually do sound like your hero Jacobs. Only you would defend this sorry ownership and track record Get a clue kid.
    Posted by MILANLUCICBRUINS1952[/QUOTE]

Chiarelli took a team that finished out of the playoffs and, in the space of less than four years, created one that won the Eastern Conference handily before injuries and inexperence bounced them from the playoffs too early. His hires include the NHL's top coach and top defenseman. He traded a guy who didn't want to be here for what's looking like one of the juiciest draft picks imaginable - think John Tavares or Sidney Crosby. If you can't wrap your head around the notion that this is a young, dynamic club that is feared and admired around the league, you need to take the hater blinders off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : I dont think Obama meant this years team I think he meant the organization in general? It is hard to argue given the above facts, this years edition so far has been mediocre and underwhelming to be perfectly blunt I was going to call The Bruins the Oakland Raiders of the NHL but then I remembered the Raiders went to the Superbowl in 2002... So maybe the Detroit Lions is a better example?
    Posted by FredFromNH[/QUOTE]

WHHAAAAT? The Detroit Lions were WINLESS last year! The Bruins ended up with 116 points! Are you insane?

Did you get lost on your way to a Maple Leafs board or something?

Look, I know a lot of fans think their teams should win every single game they play, but this is beyond ridiculous. It's a six-month, 82-game season. Maybe you should take a couple of months away from hockey and chill out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FredFromNH. Show FredFromNH's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : Chiarelli took a team that finished out of the playoffs and, in the space of less than four years, created one that won the Eastern Conference handily

you need to take the hater blinders off.

Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

Hater blinders? I watch and cheer for the Bruins every single game for the last 35 years...

You need to take your rose coloured glasses off and learn to be objective.

You are all impressed and enamoured with regular season points and whatnot... WHO CARES!!! It is about one thing and thats the playoffs and the Bruins lack of success in the post season can be matched up with the worst of any team in any pro sport. Its not hating its called facts

p.s. the Bruins didnt win the Eastern Conference, the lost in the second round to a 6 seed on home ice. If they won the east they would have been in the Cup Finals.

I bet you are ironing your $34.99 Bruins Northeast Division Champion T shirt right now arent you

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : Chiarelli was a rookie GM working for a low salary (reportedly the lowest paid GM in the NHL).... Chiarelli is the one making all the moves (many of them highly questionable) HELLO Get a clue kid. Posted by MILANLUCICBRUINS1952[/QUOTE]

CoachParker/TremontSt/RedBulletTrain/ChowdaKid/GardenSupporter/
    FairbanksAK/FredfromNH /TurnpikeDave has another user name. Who do you think you're fooling ? Just Curious

Do you think you're fooling us ? You really have this much time on your hands ?

You get a Clue! Chiarelli just signed an extension so why don't you send us this updated list of the most over paid and under paid Gm's in the NHL!?

With the draft picks that he fleeced from Brian Burke and other trades he's made the CURRENT Bruins are set up for years. Chiarelli can't predict players underachieving nor can PC apologize for a greedy Billionaire. All Major Sports owners are greedy misers there's nothing new in your comments. 

You're comments are SIMPLY a JOKE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TurnpikeDave. Show TurnpikeDave's posts

Freddy Boy is right, it is only about what you do in the playoffs. As they say second place is no place.

Mike O'Connell built 1st & 2nd place regular season teams in 02 & 04 and those teams crappped out in the postseason as well. The owner is simply not hiring the right people to build the Bruins into a serious playoff team. Just because your built for the regular season doesn't mean the same for the post season.

To the ever so paranoid sandy dog brewin who takes every slight against the Bruins personally PC's deal does not kick in to next season so he is still working on his current deal.

I appreciate the shoutout from you though, you type well in a straight jacket.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Posts from TurnpikeDave are hidden

Thanks for Playing!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE:
    [QUOTE]One playoff round win in a decade have not won a second round matchup in 17 years! Have not made it to the Finals since the 1989-90 season! A list of teams who have made it to the finals since the Bruins last have Anaheim Mighty Ducks/Ducks Buffalo Sabres Calgary Flames Chicago Blackhawks Colorado Avalanche Dallas Stars Detroit RedWings Edmonton Oilers Florida Panthers Los Angelas Kings Montreal Canadiens New Jersey Devils New York Rangers Minnesota North Stars Carolina Hurricanes Tampa Bay Lightning Pittsburgh Penguins Philadelphia Flyers Ottawa Senators Washington Capitals Vancouver Canucks  
    Posted by ObamaIsHalfWhite[/QUOTE]

Spoken like a ture Habs fan..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : Hater blinders? I watch and cheer for the Bruins every single game for the last 35 years... You need to take your rose coloured glasses off and learn to be objective. You are all impressed and enamoured with regular season points and whatnot... WHO CARES!!! It is about one thing and thats the playoffs and the Bruins lack of success in the post season can be matched up with the worst of any team in any pro sport. Its not hating its called facts p.s. the Bruins didnt win the Eastern Conference, the lost in the second round to a 6 seed on home ice. If they won the east they would have been in the Cup Finals. I bet you are ironing your $34.99 Bruins Northeast Division Champion T shirt right now arent you
    Posted by FredFromNH[/QUOTE]

I am not "enanmoured," I don't own any Bruins gear except a baseball cap, and you can ask any regular on this board about my objectivity.

It's been gone over before, but I'll reiterate so the rest of the class can catch up: I for one never expected the Bruins to seriously challange for the Stanley Cup last year, considering their overall youth and inexperience. I had hopes, certainly, but was I banking on it? No.

Detroit, Pittsburgh, Carolina - ask just about any Stanely Cup winner of the past decade (with the exception of Tampa Bay) and they'll tell you that winning a Cup is all about two things: Progression and health. It's no surprise that this edition of the Penguins won the cup on their second trip to the finals, not their first. It's also no surprise that they suffered only one serious injury along the way - to Sergei Gonchar. 

Meanwhile, most of the key Bruins had played one previous playoff round; even a veteran like Marc Savard had little experience. And then there were the injuries: Krejci (torn hip labrum), Kessel (torn shoulder labrum), Savard (strained MCL), Ward (cracked tailbone), Kobasew (broken ribs), Bitz (cracked ribs), Chara (strained shoulder, knee and groin), Ference (torn groin), Hunwick (ruptured spleen), Recchi (kidney stones), Lucic (cracked bone in foot). I had to laugh when I saw a report in THN that opined the reason the Red Wings lost was because Pavel Datsyuk had a bad foot!    

To their credit, the Bruins never used their injuries as an excuse. But anyone with half a brain has to know they were a factor.

At any rate, they gained experience, which is critical (as, again, the Penguins will tell you), especially for youngsters like Krejci, Lucic, Hunwick et al.

Sure, maybe I am "enamoured" with this team Did you have any idea that David Krejci was playing all year with pain in his hip that got progressively worse, up to the point he was getting shots of pain-killers just so he could step on the ice? That he sometimes "prayed to God" that he'd make it through a game? Maybe you think these guys stink, aren't worthy of your admiration, are deserving of scorn. Whatever. I for one am proud to be a fan of a bunch of guys like that.

If I see you at the Stanley Cup parade, I'll be sure not to say hello.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

The Bruins had 116 points last year, they bring back mostly the same team, and an ever deeper farm system.
    they are positioned to do several things here, wait for injured guys to come back, and go to battle in the playoffs with the team they have....which could happen, and could work (although i would prefer an addition be made).
    They can spring for the big name at the deadline with the plethora of draft picks they have stock piled.
    OR if things aren't going their way they have a TON of young talent at just about every position (not too deep at defense) most likely the first overall pick in the draft, as well as their own pick. 2 picks in the first round next year as well. 3 2nd rounders this year, and 2 next year......yes management is AWFUL, definitely, definitely

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HabsOwnBruins. Show HabsOwnBruins's posts

[QUOTE]The Bruins had 116 points last year, they bring back mostly the same team, and an ever deeper farm system. they are positioned to do several things here, wait for injured guys to come back, and go to battle in the playoffs with the team they have....which could happen, and could work (although i would prefer an addition be made). They can spring for the big name at the deadline with the plethora of draft picks they have stock piled. OR if things aren't going their way they have a TON of young talent at just about every position (not too deep at defense) most likely the first overall pick in the draft, as well as their own pick. 2 picks in the first round next year as well. 3 2nd rounders this year, and 2 next year......yes management is AWFUL, definitely, definitely

LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruins6. Show Bruins6's posts

The Bruins disappointed with their second round loss, but I have to agree with Krejci and Duine in that there were a tremendous amount of injuries and the organization has turned the ship around . Let's not forget the series the year before against Montreal when the B's were one Markov dive away form a huge upset. 
    So I guess to say the Bruins organization is simply a joke  .. is well simply a joke
    Go Bruins Go!!!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

And you are a nay sayer. Don't like the product? Change the channel and leave the rest of us to enjoy hockey.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

most likely the first overall pick in the draft, as well as their own pick. 2 picks in the first round next year as well. 3 2nd rounders this year, and 2 next year.

They have 3 second rounders next years too.  Don`t forget the second rounders for Kobasew.( Minesota) + Boston + Toronto. :-)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

they have 3 seconds in this draft in this years draft....TBL TOR and BOS, in the next one they just have Minnys and their own

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]they have 3 seconds in this draft in this years draft....TBL TOR and BOS, in the next one they just have Minnys and their own

Okay it` was my mistake

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

hey 5 in 2 years is pretty good any way you shake it

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

[QUOTE]hey 5 in 2 years is pretty good any way you shake it
    If I`m not wrong  another time
    yes! 5 sr + 4 fr  the future is bright. :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from HeraldReader08. Show HeraldReader08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BRUINS ORGANIZATION: SIMPLY A JOKE : If I`m not wrong  another time yes! 5 sr + 4 fr  the future is bright. :-)
    Posted by BlueChip99[/QUOTE]

LOL, another "the future is bright" lemming. How many years have you been saying that?

What have the Bruins done drafting wise tells you it is going to make a significant difference? Last time the Bruins have a top 10 pick it was some buy named Kessel and they traded him! Same for Thornton & Samsonov.

If the Bruins get lucky and actually hit a pick he won't be around for long anyways.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ksmudge123. Show Ksmudge123's posts

So let me get this straight.  The Bruins had 116 points last year, but the regular season doesn't matter.  Ok, fine.  But this year's team is a joke because they had a few struggles in the first 10 games of the regular season.  So the regular season only matters to back up your point, and not to refute it.  I see.  As long as we are on the same page.  I didn't know this board was sponsored by Glenn Ordway and the WEEI sports radio network. 

You people want to live in the past and whine and moan about Jacobs.  Fine, whatever, can't really argue it from the early 80's through about 2003.  The fact is that since the lockout, Jacobs has spent as much money as possible on player salaries.  That is a fact and a true statement, and you can get the salary figures any number of places.  Chiarelli has done a wonderful job of stocking this franchise with young talent.  The only thing you could maybe question is that he is a little too loyal to veteran players (i.e. Tim Thomas).  However, in this NHL, you win by developing your own talent, not getting it through free agency or at the trade deadline (ask Marian Hossa how that's working out for him).  You guys should really sit back and pay attention to the entire landscape of the NHL before you go shooting off idiotic statements about the bruins being cheap and all that garbage that isn't true anymore.