Bruins preparing a major offer for Dion Phaneuf?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Bruins preparing a major offer for Dion Phaneuf?

Per Eklund (FWIW). I know most of what the guy says is for naught, but most trades never happen so.. either way... I would LOVE to see Phaneuf in a Bs uniform. My guess is it would take Wideman, a #1 or 2 pick and (at least) a prospect (Caron or Colbourne). Of course, cap space would be an issue also.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Notes-Sharks-PhaneufBruins-HalpernFlames-HabsKovy-Vinny/1/25583

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Bruins preparing a major offer for Dion Phaneuf?

Dit said it all i'd like Seidenberg or Souray (salary would need to be moved not much though all pro rated from here on in) would be better. PC will pull something.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Dion Phaneuf is an excellent fit for Boston because:

1. Over 4 seasons, he has averaged 14 goals, 35 assists, more goals than everyone on this team except for Sturm.  If you want the Bruins to score, he will provide more than just the occasional tip.

2. Despite his drop this season in offense, he is still an excellent defender.  He is not afraid of anyone and is smart with the puck.  No delay of game penalties, no low percentage passes across the neutral zone, no brain farts, basically anti-Wideman.

3. The money should be of no concern.  Phaneuf protects any significant defensive drop-off should Chara not sign or the Bruins choose to deal him next trade deadline.  I love Chara, but as they say, it is a business.

4.IF the Bruins are able to keep the 1st rounder from Toronto, what does anyone think of a team with both Phaneuf and T. Hall or T. Seguin on it?  Or what if we had Fowler Phaneuf as a defensive pair?  I would say the future looks bright indeed.

I approve of this trade if it happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Phan 6.5 M cap, I would love to have him...
    but... cap room
    Wide 4M  and Wheeler 2.8 type money

Send Wide and Sturm 4 & 3.5.

They will want forwards they are D strong and will want someone to complement Iginla, he needs a Stan to his Ollie.

It will be costly in depth, can't see them buying what we are selling.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

Any trade for Phaneuf without Toronto's 1st Round pick would be something like this

Wheeler (regardless of what others have said against him, a valuable piece), (Wideman, not as valuable, but should be an acceptable replacement for Phaneuf in the short term, considering he wouldn't be tied up for as much money and as long as Phaneuf), a lower level prospect (Caron most likely, but also Colbourne or Hamill even) OR a 2nd rounder.

The Bruins are stuck with Ryder, maybe they could move Sturm instead of a lower level prospect, but you need to replace him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

you guys are mentally retarded!!! this is a rumor from EKLUND!!! this guy has no credibility in any way, shape, or form whatsoever. your more likely to get an actual trade from this.

http://hockeybuzzhogwash.com/rumourgen.htm

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

@ Shaunk

1) nobody on the Bruins except Sturm has averaged 14 goals per year over the last 4 years? Have you checked stats? Savard's been over 17 average for last 4, haven't even looked past that... You can't compare what someone's done over the course of a full year to what our players have done in a half a year!

Aside from that, the B's could use more offensive support from the blue line. The Offense needs the boost of having a Dman send up a crisp pass to start the rush, when the forwards have to do it from themselves, they don'tget nearly as many offensive rushes. Better passing D = more rushes = more opportunities = more goals.

I'd do this trade if it was  TO's #1 next year, Caron, Wideman, and I'd even throw in a second rounder or two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Phaneuf is a cheap shot artist who plays like a whimp . He NEVER takes his gloves off. He let's McGranton do his fighting for him. His point production is down, his stupid penalties are up. You can have him. I see enough of him here in Alberta. NOT a fan of his and his big salary cap hit.  Land that Folwer kid who was on team USA. He's a Baby Pronger in the making.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

I like Dion but let's not sell the farm to get him. Also, in the overall scheme of things, is he a solution to the bruin problems?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

I'm not a fan of trying to acquire Phaneuf.  Now I'm all for getting rid of Wideman, but not at the cost of $6,500,000.  Phaneuf is having a mediocre year (8-10-18; +2) and will give the team less cap space to work.  However, if the Bruins can bring in a productive forward to replace Ryder and keep the team under the salary cap limit, I say go for it.  The Bruins focus should be: offense first, then defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

And sturm can't be traded unless he says he wants to go.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

There is no whimp in Phaneuf nor wimp, as Cherry says he is a time bomb waiting to go off and like Mr T "I pity the fool" who crosses him. He can come here, he got stiffed for Olympics because of last years +/-.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhitch. Show dhitch's posts

Boston has great defense, Boychuk will be the new Stuart and Marky Stuart will be gone this year to make 3.4-4M from a team looking for a shut down guy to go on a top pairing unit. He's ready for that duty ala a Ryan Suter in Nashville.

I can see Boston filling in with a cost effective guy or maybe swapping Wideman for an equal defenseman, especially if Ference is gone this year. But where Boston really needs help is in the scoring dept. Ryder Sturm Wheeler, these guys are all secondary scoring guys, this team badly needs a superstar goal scorer to compliment Marc Savard. It may cost you Wheeler, Bergeron type players, but its an inevitable move that must be made.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Guys, plz stop getting excited with a player when is best years are behind him.  He is going down pretty bad.  No way i am trading toronto's 1st pick unless we get a franchise player!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBeijingJT. Show BostonBeijingJT's posts

I think getting rid of wheeler is a bad idea. I just have a bad feeling about letting him go. He is having a sophomore slump but doesn't mean he won't be another 20 goal guy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I don't think the B's are looking to add this guy.  I doubt PC would move the $$ to make this happen.  I also don't think PC would give up what people are saying(#1, Wides, and Wheeler) when Phaneuf is having a subpar year. 

I like the play of DP but it would be a longshot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

in a heartbeat bostons 1st,wideman & hamil for phaneuf & a 2nd.....ryder to dallas for a 2nd to free cap space for a future trade,bring marchant up in the meantime....chara,phaneuf,morris,ferrence,stuart & boychuk thats a pretty good D

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

suppose we can just take it for entertainment value then.  Would like to see Phaneuf in a B's U.i also though,

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitownBruinfan. Show chitownBruinfan's posts

with jokinen an unrestricted free agent at years end. you'd think they would want krejci in any deal involving phanuef. if not they are morons.

i'm sure there's teams that would offer more then wheeler and wideman.

wouldn't mind wideman to minny for kim johnson though. free up 4 mill in cap space for next year.

ryder to st. louis for kariya. 4 mill more in cap space freed up. may have to give up some of our 2nds to get this done

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7713. Show 7713's posts

Why would Boston want Phaneuf? I live in the Calgary area. He is the most over rated defencemen in the NHL. The people here all want to get rid of him. He is respected here liked Wideman is respected in Boston. My daughter was at a party where Phaneuf was as well. He was doing cocain. There is a reason his paly has been so speratic. If Boston traded for him I consider cheering for a different team. We can spend 6.5 mil in so many better ways. Like get a Kovelchuck type player. I think the person that started this discussion also does coke if he wants Pheneuf to be a B. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

We need a fast goal scoring foward. Not another defensemen, Boychuck just proved that wideman is expandable. We need an Staal, Getzlaf....etc.. level of player asap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I gotta love the offers for Dion.  Yeah lets pkg Wide/Ryder for Dion...and yes the pick as well...does anyone ever look at the other side of the deal.  Dion would cost Bergeron or Lucic, plus another prospect and the Leafs #1 pick. 

This has zero chance of happening...Calgary is gonna make a run at the cup and needs scoring...Sturm/Ryder hardly qualify...

I do not like Dion but Calgary would need a huge return for him...a top 3 fwd for starters and likely a pick...thats why I can see this potentially happening for Kovy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

It would cost Wheeler, Wideman, a prospect and a 2nd rounder from Boston.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I live in Calgary & this guy is a BUM! In all aspects. He's hated by fans, media & teammates! I work at an airline & Dion came through our airport & was asked by some of my co-workers if they could get his picture taken with him & he says 'Dion don't do pictures!" Seriously, this guy isn't worth no $6.5 mill.! He's a big whiner who only thinks of himself...AKA Kessel!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He is one of the most talented young d-men in the game that can change a game whether it be a big hit or controlling the tempo of the game with his skating.  His def zone presence can be frustrating at times but he is an elite d-man.  And most d-men don't come into their own until later in their career(ie Pronger).  But once they find their zone they are consistant and rock steady. 
    Wideman/Wheeler and a 2nd rounder?  That is laughable.  Try Bergeron and a 1st rounder. 

Sections
Shortcuts