Bruins Release Nine From Camp

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins Release Nine From Camp

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=538513

"Button (Prince Albert Raiders, Western Hockey League), Cunningham (Vancouver Giants, Western Hockey League) and Knight (London Knights, Ontario Hockey League) are being returned to their junior clubs.

Rullier and MacDonald have been released from their tryout agreements. MacDonald will be reporting to the Providence Bruins training camp.

Bodnarchuk, Knackstedt, MacDermid and Penner have been assigned to the Providence Bruins.

40 players remain in Boston’s training camp."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

Re: Bruins Release Nine From Camp

I would have thought knight would have gotten a little further in camp...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Release Nine From Camp:
    I would have thought knight would have gotten a little further in camp...Posted by rolerhoky19

I was thinking the exact same thing when I looked down and saw his name.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think the whole reason they sent Knight down was because they have a "bigger problem" in deciding what to do with Spooner.  In other years I see Spooner getting high consideration to make the team, but this year you have Seguin, Caron, Colborne and Sauve in the competition as well.  And the problem is that you can't send Spooner, Knight or Seguin to the AHL.

With such a glut of good young players, I don't see any way around this other than to send them back to jr.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not surprised.  Knight needs a full, healthy season in juniors -- why make him miss early junior games when it is obvious he's going back there anyhow?  Now he can be a leader (captain?) of his junior team.

With another season of junior under his belt and (hopefully) a WJC tournament, he should return next year ready to compete for a spot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

no wait.  There is another way, but it's not really an option.  You waive or trade half the current roster to make room for them.  And nobody sane would do that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigjeezy. Show bigjeezy's posts

disapointed that knight was cut but he needs another season in juniors

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I would have thought knight would have gotten a little further in camp...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Yes, I knew he'de sent back but also thought he 'de go a little further in camp and make it hard on the coaching staff. Not sure what happened here. Instead it's Spooner giving the coaches reasons to keep him up.
    Anyway, I'm looking forward to following Knight, Jared with the London Knights and the Hunter brothersMark and of coure the " Infamous basterd" Dale LOL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Release Nine From Camp : Yes, I knew he'de sent back but also thought he 'de go a little further in camp and make it hard on the coaching staff. Not sure what happened here. Instead it's Spooner giving the cooaches reasons t keep him up. Anyway, I'm looking forward to following Knight, Jared with the London Knights and the Hunter brothers Mark and of coure the " Infamous basterd" Dale LOL. 
    Posted by BsLegion

I wasnt even thinking that far, just let the kid play, get him some experience etc.. he played what 12 minutes or something...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Release Nine From Camp : I wasnt even thinking that far, just let the kid play, get him some experience etc.. he played what 12 minutes or something...
    Posted by rolerhoky19

Yup but they must have seen him at the rookie games and pratices.  He was the most impressive though at that rookie camp a few months ago.
    I expected Knight to do what Spooner is doing now.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Release Nine From Camp : Yup but they must have seen him at the rookie games and pratices.  He was the must impressive though at that rookie camp a few months ago. I expected Knight to do what Spooner is doing now.   
    Posted by BsLegion

As much as I was rooting for Knight, and believed he would make a better showing in camp, I think this pretty much nails it. If he had been as dominant in training camp as he was before, he'd still be here. Probably a little too much for him at this point. I was hoping he'd get some more time, but I agree they must have already decided that more ice time at this level wasn't going to help. Better to get him back to his team and let him light it up and bulk up some more. It certainly was great to get a glimpse of what he's capable of, and know that he's in the system.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Not surprised.  Knight needs a full, healthy season in juniors -- why make him miss early junior games when it is obvious he's going back there anyhow?  Now he can be a leader (captain?) of his junior team. With another season of junior under his belt and (hopefully) a WJC tournament, he should return next year ready to compete for a spot.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Smart thinking!  Many more to follow but not Seguin.  My quickest assumption is Seguin is adjusting.  If he is a perfectionist he will need to be given time. Those types need to be adept at certain skills before they expand their play.  I know it is speculation but hey it is a perception.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Its too bad knight could not crack the lineup. I had high hopes for him to make the team. He scored 35 goals in a shortneded season last year in jurniors and this year should easily reach 45 plus goals.

He does not have oustanding skills and skating is mere average but he has guts. He will dive face first to score a goal. Pretty much we have nobody like that on our team

But he didn't excel during camp nor in game 2  (robbed by the goalie). Do doubt overwhelmed by the speed of the nhl game.

Spooner is a real talent. It is going to hard for the Bruins to send him back. Especially since Savard will be out for a while. We all know Seguin and Caron are going to be shoe in's to make the parent club. Maybe it might be wise to send Caron to Providence , keep spooner and when Savard and Sturm comesback, sit Thornton and cut Michael Ryder

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

We all know Seguin and Caron are going to be shoe in's to make the parent club. Maybe it might be wise to send Caron to Providence , keep spooner and when Savard and Sturm comesback, sit Thornton and cut Michael Ryder
    Posted by yaz16

Can all that happen under the cap?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Release Nine From Camp : Can all that happen under the cap?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

No, you can't "cut" Ryder and sit Thornton without paying them.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins Release Nine From Camp : Can all that happen under the cap?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan

and to add what Duinne is saying; when you sit a player that is under salary it still counts against the cap.  If you send a player down to AHL and pass waivers then you get cap relief .  So sit and cut just does not cut it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Some more released

"Bruins trimmed their roster to 33, thinning the playing stock by seven. Matt Dalton, Jeff LoVecchio, Max Sauve and Yury Alexandrov were assigned to Providence (AHL). Nathan McIver, Jeremy Reich, and Wyatt Smit"

Sections
Shortcuts