Bruins, Savard talking contract (fingers crossed)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bruins, Savard talking contract (fingers crossed)

Yes yes I know it's from the Herald but does it make it any better I read it on the fourth period ? http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos091008.html hoping...

Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli admitted that "it won't be easy" to re-sign all four remaining players, however the Herald claims he has started contract talks with Savard.

"I'd like that," Savard told the Herald, in reference to signing a new contract. "We've got to be patient. This is where I'd like to stay if it's possible. I hope it happens."

That would get the Bruins to somewhere around 10 to 11Mil left to sign Rask, Wheeler, Stuart and a few others next summer. Anywho wishful thinking and the Bruins have some unfinished business right now especially the next 2 nights on the road.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Savard staying here for a few more years!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Re: Bruins, Savard talking contract (fingers crossed)

In Response to Bruins, Savard talking contract (fingers crossed):
    [QUOTE]Yes yes I know it's from the Herald but does it make it any better I read it on the fourth period ? http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/bos091008.html  hoping... Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli admitted that "it won't be easy" to re-sign all four remaining players, however the Herald claims he has started contract talks with Savard. "I'd like that," Savard told the Herald, in reference to signing a new contract. "We've got to be patient. This is where I'd like to stay if it's possible. I hope it happens." That would get the Bruins to somewhere around 10 to 11Mil left to sign Rask, Wheeler, Stuart and a few others next summer. Anywho wishful thinking and the Bruins have some unfinished business right now especially the next 2 nights on the road. Still keeping my fingers crossed for Savard staying here for a few more years!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Me too. Hopefully the news about the salary cap standing pat will help the BRUINS

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Remi72. Show Remi72's posts

We ABSOLUTELY need Savard....he's the heart of our offense, the best player over all.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Sign Savard 2yrs, Stuart 3yrs and we will see what Wheeler and Rask do this year. Just signed Thomas for big money can't pay Rask .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Bruins, Savard talking contract (fingers crossed):
    [QUOTE] That would get the Bruins to somewhere around 10 to 11Milleft to sign Rask, Wheeler, Stuart and a few others next summer. Anywho wishful thinking and the Bruins have some unfinished business right now especially the next 2 nights on the road. Still keeping my fingers crossed for Savard staying here for a few more years!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If those figures are about correct I don't see a problem .  Remember they can get rid of a player or two to free up more cap space.
    Now, yes get Savy signed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

As long as they keep Stuart and Savard I will be happy, I have not seen enough from Wheeler and Rask to have an opinion on either of them until after the season and even then I would have reservations about the two of them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

As much as I like him 6.5 is to high for a long term deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

instead of losing any of the 4 (savard,rask,stuart,or wheeler) trade ryder to the canucks for a 2nd rounder & bring marchand up to replace him? save 4 mill right there & gain another 2nd

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rugger02. Show rugger02's posts

Not sure i want to give up Ryder at this point, 4Mil is a bit much for him but he is worth it more than Lucic at this time. He is a 2 time 30 Goal scorer still under 30 years old and even with a horrendous slump last year had 27 in 74 Games

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

If Savard wants to end his career here, they could work out a deal to bring his cap number way way down. Hes 32....sign him to 8 years at 6-6-4-4-2-2-2-2.

cap hit 3.5

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

i say, savard 3 years = 18 mil seems like a good deal, he probably would get more on the open market.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Bruins, Savard talking contract (fingers crossed):
    [QUOTE]If Savard wants to end his career here, they could work out a deal to bring his cap number way way down. Hes 32....sign him to 8 years at 6-6-4-4-2-2-2-2. cap hit 3.5 Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

That type of scenario would be just fine with me. It looks as though Savard is asking for like 6.5 over 3 years (again according to the Herald) I would do that as well. I think he is worth having to trade Ryder and/or Wideman to keep.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Savard must be kept. He is a top 5 playmaker in the game.

The only way I let him go is a trade for one of the other 4 or for a top 5 scorer or if he is asking for more than 6M. He has said he wants to stay in B, he better put his money where his mouth is

His worth is more to us than to others, why did we get him for 5M. He is worth Kessel money at 5.4, though his age I wouldnt pay more than 6. Boston payscale lately is closer to 6.75.

Only downside is he is 32, 3 year deal is limit, preferably 2 and go from there.

He is priority right now and the longer he takes, the bleeker it looks for Rask and Wheeler. Nobody likes to be on the play ground and picked last and that is the feeling you get if there are no true negotiations (see Kessel?).

Wheeler will probably be gone after next year depending on his season this year and salary expectations, Rask is unknown.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This guys leads by example.  He has 7points in 5 games.  Again our leader.
    Bruins must try to sign him before the trade deadline.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MontrealBruin. Show MontrealBruin's posts

Sign Savvy to a 4 yr 24 mio deal...he's our single biggest asset.

Ryder has to score over 30 to stay on this team.

Wheeler has to show up or Sayanora.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Wheeler was best player on that line last night and night before.

Ryder was worth his money last night.

I pay Sav 30 K per day max, 5.79M @3yr=17.37M, less than Z more than TT. He is 32, 3 year max preferably 2 and go from there.
    Preferabbly 5.5M then we can sign another @ 500 K to get to 6M.

Avg 3M per player is 60M for 20 players.