Bruins secretly shopping Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beeez. Show Beeez's posts

Re: Bruins secretly shopping Thomas

I believe the 1st year (this year) of TT's contract did NOT include a no trade clause. That is what I remember anyway... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

hey i'm not against trading the flopping clown this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

why don't you trade the whole team ? I'm quite sure in a week or two if Bruins win 4-5 games you will talk another langage pathetic no ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

C'mon guys, the problem is not with the goalies........as a matter of fact, they are probably the ones that have allowed us to stay in the race.

The problem here is with scoring, or should I say.....lack of it. And there's no doubt that the injury bug hasn't helped, taking out Savard twice for good periods of time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

If Thomas is dealt we get a solid player in return that helps score some goals.  Rask is the future and with the addition of a solid back up(hello marty biron) we could easily ice a better team with him gone.  It would also allow us cap space to make a substantial upgrade at the deadline.  And by deadline it should be tomorrow.  This team needs help now or it should just hang tight and deal vets.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

There are less than 20 players in the NHL i would trade Thomas for 1 for 1. Even if it could be done, we'd still need a good goalie. Saburin is not, Regan is not ready and may never been, ditto Dalton and the rest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from everyname. Show everyname's posts

Trading Thomas would be a mistake.  He's an amazing goalie and has carried this team these past few years (how soon many forget, just 3 years ago, and before, this team was terrible and he was the ONLY bright spot on the team).  Thomas is not the problem.  Our defense is giving up WAY to many pucks, plus they bring the puck into their own end too much while at the same time not properly picking up open opponents.

Thomas is a competitor like no other.  It would be a sad day for the Bruins if they passed him up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

sparky1313 i couldn't have said it any better myself if I tried.the man has more holes than swiss cheese!You call this guy a vezina winner?and the man who's gonna win us a stanley cup?!you gotta be god dam joking with me right?!tell ya what, even if we do make the playoffs,which i sure hope we do,than i sure as hell hope tuukka get's all the starts!otherwise it's gonna be one quick exit .....again!!!!go get nikolai khabibulin the bulin wall in here as a backup as timmy's replacement and we'd still be fine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

tim thomas is not the 2nd coming of jacques plante....he is a fiery competive goalie in a system that is very defensive minded....the bruins & their style has made thomas what he is....right now anybody on the b,s is tradeable & if you look at cap issues,trade value & replacement for the traded, i would say theres no one better then tim thomas.....thomas & mcquiad  for girioux,coburn,leighten & a draft pick.....you should be able to get a young offensive forward & a good d-man for him & replace him with rask & a vet that is not that much of a downgrade......can you say that about anyone else on this team? maybe chara depending on the d you can get back....sorry,i know people love thomas but something has to give here

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

OK, "IF" Thomas was playing at the level he was last year, I'd be sticking up for him here, but we all know its not the case.

IMHO, Rask gives the B's a better shot at getting the W and seems to play better when he is getting regular action, remember the 8ish game streak?

I think trading TT would free up some needed space (especially if paired up with Wideman or Ryder) to flat out make the team more cometitive.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Check the stats for goalies in last years playoffs.

Look at the fact that the Bruins went from 2nd in goal scoring last season to 30th and tell me how the goaltending is at fault. There are 20 teams in the NHL who would take TT if they thought they could get him, probably more. The Bruins will probably have to move some you defensemen and or picks to get a good goal scorer or two.  Then they will still have to move salary. Thomas is neither the problem or the answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Trade Krejci as he is a flash in the pan who has seen his plus minus go from+35 to -4,this bum has 9 goals, 2 eng,gets tons of ice time, plays uninspired more often then he does inspired. At least Thomas and Rask hate to lose. Right now Krejci has a little worth, as his bad season has been over shadowed by Ryder and Wideman and he is easily replaced at center. Bergeron has around the same numbers but is far better at the small things like faceoffs, puck possesion, and bringing his best every night. Krejci is just one of thousands of overrated european players that play in the States for the dollars. Thomas will only accept a trade to a cup contending team while Krejci can and should be moved without consent, because to get a good player its going to take a Krejci, Lucic.or Wheeler and myself would rather have the other two on any given night and trading someone like him that thinks his job is safe, IS the wakeup call the Bruins need. The goaltending is the best its been and likely to be for years, and it would be stupid to fix the only working parts on this team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJJustSell. Show JJJustSell's posts

TT must have some great trade value $5 and a five hole the size of the grand canyon

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Rask has consistetnly played the weaker teams, Thomas has played the games where the Bruins are the most injured and against the best teams.

The game Bergeron, Krejci & Savard were out the guy in net was not Rask. Against the Sharks? The Hawks? The game with 4 NHL call ups on defense against Chicago? Julien knows better, Rask would have gotten eaten alive. Instead he's played most of Toronto and Islander type games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Thank God.

Management is finally holding Thomas accountable.

Rask is the future.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Puck possession and the defense in front of Thomas is what should be in question. Thomas is not being shopped and Rask will probably take over in January of 2012 right about the time Thomas's contract drops down to a 3Mil cap hit.

Expect Chiarelli to use one of the many draft picks he's amassed to grab a goalie this year or next.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

boston has wideman lazy , ryder not worth the money , i love to see glen murray back but that would never happen

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Forget it bandgbleeder. The Thomas haters have no interest in rational explanations.
    Rask is being carefully managed by the bruins, as a first year goalie should be. It is still to early to tell if he will become a quality NHL goalie, and yet a lot of the people on this board are willing to crown him as the # 1 goalie.
    The Thomas bashers will never let the facts get in their way.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

crazybsfan04, Khabibulin has a knackered back and hasn't played since November.

If I was Thomas and sitting behind such a stinking team and posting 1 and 2 goal losses I'd be asking for a trade just to keep my sanity!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Or fake hurt like Fournandez and Khabi did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SwineFluBruin. Show SwineFluBruin's posts

Thomas has been pulled 4 times already this year!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If they can make him wave his notrade contract and get something in return...i'd go for it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JefffromMaine. Show JefffromMaine's posts

The fact that any of you even cite plus/minus as a relevant stat shows how much you lack knowledge of the game.  Plus/minus is a function of 4 or 5 man units.

Phil Kessel had a very good plus/minus last year.  Any of you foolish enough to call him a good defensive player?

When goal scoring drops...plus/minus drops.

Its pretty much basic Hockey 101.

Later

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Got a lad at work who is a Flames fan and we were just having a bit of a joke about our shared misfortune.

Kipper had a good game last night, made some great saves and still came away with a loss. He let in two and, admittedly, looked like a bit of a bum on those but there aren't many times the goalie looks brilliant letting one in.

Calgary and Boston are both 9th in their conferences at the moment but the biggest problem is not taking command of games and not scoring enough goals. The goalies can only do so much.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Sorry Jeff but goal scoring is gone not dropped. Krejci has failed like it or not, and his plus minus is so hugely different that it shows the drop in his play. Lets throw in his points total to and it all adds up to a mediocre player. Trade him before he is worthless!!!!!!!!!